Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

$20 k....use it towards a truck or motorcycle?

Currently drive a minivan....yay.

So I can either use it for a down payment on a truck or down payment on a motorcycle.

Which toy would you prefer??

Neither. Save a bit longer and buy something more fun.

Like?

I'm not a boat guy.

If it has to be now, do you want something the whole family can ride in, or something you can escape on? If it has to be between a truck or motorcycle, I would go motorcycle.

So I can either use it for a down payment on a truck or down payment on a motorcycle.

how big is the fam?

F-150 if its 5 or less, otherwise, why not a nice SUV like a Flex or Explorer

how big is the fam?

F-150 if its 5 or less, otherwise, why not a nice SUV like a Flex or Explorer

5. Wife has an SUV...this would be mine.

I don't really spend money...so I have like zero man toys.

Except for the one I use on your mother Trebek!

5. Wife has an SUV...this would be mine.

I don't really spend money...so I have like zero man toys.

Except for the one I use on your mother Trebek!

ok so I would wait 2 years, and go for the new Ranger or the Hybrid F-150 when it hits the market personally. Gas prices here in Cali are reaching 5.00 supposedly this summer (already 3.79) so Hybrid sounding good to me

ok so I would wait 2 years, and go for the new Ranger or the Hybrid F-150 when it hits the market personally. Gas prices here in Cali are reaching 5.00 supposedly this summer (already 3.79) so Hybrid sounding good to me

Is it bad form to hang truck nuts from a hybrid? :)

Is it bad form to hang truck nuts from a hybrid? :)

###### it, the liberals are winning that war and I am fully on board. I sold my suv about 5 years ago and got myself a commuter car (Ford CMax) it was sure nice going from 18 mpg to 50

if they can do that in a 6 banger F-150, its fine for me, I don't hall anything except maybe a little box trailer or 12 ft flatbed from time to time anyways. Save me a ton in the long run

Where did the 20 grand come from ?

• Like 1

The Ford F-150, already the country's best-seller, will gain a gas-electric hybrid version soon -- one of 13 electric and hybrid models the company plans to field by 2020. The hybrid pickup itself was greenlit all the way back in 2014 as part of the automaker's response to an industry-wide target of an average of 54.5 miles per gallon by the year 2025, a target that is still expected to be eased in some way by the current administration.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/heres-how-ford-hopes-make-buyers-want-hybrid-pickups#ixzz5EaVN5d8C

also tailgating will never be the same

http://www.hybridcars.com/ford-provides-details-regarding-f-150-hybrid/

Thought you were buying a bike a few months ago. That really ghey one with all the trophies. You passed?

I'd love a nice old school Harley but am too much of a scaredy cat to ride it around plus I'm kind of a nancy and would prolly get my ass kicked.

20 grand you could buy a couple side by sides and trailer. The whole family could enjoy that

Drink the drinks, the drinks they drank

I put my money in the bank :banana:

Where did the 20 grand come from ?

Ehh... My dad passed away a few years ago so I guess going through stuff they found some old policy that needs divied up.

Thought you were buying a bike a few months ago. That really ghey one with all the trophies. You passed?

I'd love a nice old school Harley but am too much of a scaredy cat to ride it around plus I'm kind of a nancy and would prolly get my ass kicked.

20 grand you could buy a couple side by sides and trailer. The whole family could enjoy that

Hah yeah you f****** told me I was too old for that. Ha...nah just passed at the time.

Ehh... My dad passed away a few years ago so I guess going through stuff they found some old policy that needs divied up.

So yeah that's play money.

Truck

A moped. I'm sure Pen has/had one, ask him what's a good one.

I would only spend a portion of it. Keep like $10k for some other fun stuff here and there. Buy a used motorcycle. You shouldnt lose much if you decide to sell.

I would only spend a portion of it. Keep like $10k for some other fun stuff here and there. Buy a used motorcycle. You shouldnt lose much if you decide to sell.

Problem is I always do that. I never splurge. Would like to do it once even though it will freak me out a little. Ha.

Probably lean truck. Maybe I shouldn't splatter myself on the highway when I have 3 girls at home.

Like that hybrid truck..pretty cool.

Based on this response, you have not given it much thought yet. Totally fine, but I would recommend getting something a bit more fun for yourself. Something you can jump in and go for a cruise to get away.

Truck. But make sure its 4X4 so you can maximize the potential fun

They have highways in Iowa ??

A truck is useful. It can pull. Haul. Drive through mud. Snow. (get a 4x4 if you get a truck)

A sportscar (someone mentioned it)? You can rev the engine. Hang one arm out the window while wearing sunglasses and a button down shirt unbuttoned half way.

A sportscar is okay...if its your 3rd vehicle. Same with a motorcycle. If its just to "have fun with" ...then I dunno. Which can you do more fun things in area you live?

You could invest it in something that appreciates rather than depreciates. But of course, that isn't "fun". So....I guess it depends on your situation.

EDIT: I see you are in Iowa. If you don't have a 4x4 already...at least in an SUV...then get a truck. I prefer to call them pickups.

If it was me, Id either buy some land in the Philippines (will retire there some day) or take an absolutely sick trip. Like six months in South America or something.

But thats just me.

• Like 1

What the hell? What motorcycle needs a 20k down payment? I thought they cost like 15k at most. Also, you dont ride motorcycles, why the hell would you or anyone ride one? Your wife wouldnt even let you ride if you wanted to. Was that just sarcasm and you really just wanted truck advice?

What the hell? What motorcycle needs a 20k down payment? I thought they cost like 15k at most. Also, you dont ride motorcycles, why the hell would you or anyone ride one? Your wife wouldnt even let you ride if you wanted to. Was that just sarcasm and you really just wanted truck advice?

Nice ones are pretty expensive.

Used to have a motorcycle. I've been around them quite awhile.

Nice ones are pretty expensive.

Used to have a motorcycle. I've been around them quite awhile.

Get the truck if you have to get a new car for whatever reason.

Bikes are stupid and anyone that drives a truck simply to have a truck that doesnt use one for work is lame af. Get a nice sports car.

Polaris Slingshot. New are around 25k, can probably find a used one in your budget.

These seems to be gaining in popularity. You could be the first guy on your block to have one!!!

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/

I am OK with the size of my C0ck. Don't need this as an extension of manhood.

Bikes are stupid and anyone that drives a truck simply to have a truck that doesnt use one for work is lame af. Get a nice sports car.

Well shiit...what to spend money on then? We travel everywhere already, don't want a boat. A sports car I will die in. I speed in my van, can't even imagine if I had something high performance. At least a motorcycle I always had a nervousness about so I always slowed down.