MDC

Recommend a beer

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Sierra Nevada's 'Hazy lil Thing' is the best selling hazy IPA in the country right now. I'm not a big IPA guy but it's pretty good. :thumbsup:

I haven’t had this one but I’ll give it a try eventually. I think I was going to get a 6er one night but the ABV was upwards of 6%? I’m a lightweight these days.

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Hoegaarden might be right up your alley if that's your thing. 

I’ve had many, many Hoegaarden. :cheers: 

18 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Sierra Nevada's 'Hazy lil Thing' is the best selling hazy IPA in the country right now. I'm not a big IPA guy but it's pretty good. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I’m not big into IPAs but this one is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I haven’t had this one but I’ll give it a try eventually. I think I was going to get a 6er one night but the ABV was upwards of 6%? I’m a lightweight these days.

I’ve had many, many Hoegaarden. :cheers: 

:cheers:

If you like Hoegaarden you've prolly had Leffe as well. They're a bit higher on the ABV but if you're only having a couple one of these would work for you. 

Leffe

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Agreed. I’m not big into IPAs but this one is pretty good. 

Try the Summer Break. It's like an IPA light if there was such a thing. 

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

If you like Hoegaarden you've prolly had Leffe as well. They're a bit higher on the ABV but if you're only having a couple one of these would work for you. 

Leffe

My favorite of the Hefeweizens by far is this.

Not too sweet, comes in 22 Oz bottles and it has a fat happy monk on the label. :cheers: 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Hoegaarden might be right up your alley if that's your thing. 

18 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Leffe

It’s almost as if you might have read a few of my bier posts over the past 20 years.

leffe brun is fantastic as well

17 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Try the Summer Break. It's like an IPA light if there was such a thing. 

I’ll have to try and remember that for this weekend after my 2 exams Friday. I’m always up for trying out a new beer :thumbsup: 

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not too sweet, comes in 22 Oz bottles and it has a fat happy monk on the label. :cheers: 

Another great choice! :cheers:

19 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

It’s almost as if you might have read a few of my bier posts over the past 20 years.

leffe brun is fantastic as well

:D

Just making recommendations based on what I know sells in my territory. At least it sells when it's in stock. Hoegaarden and Franziskaner have been MIA lately. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

Then you should also try erdinger, paulaner, and augustiner (if you can find it)

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:D

Just making recommendations based on what I know sells in my territory. At least it sells when it's in stock. Hoegaarden and Franziskaner have been MIA lately. 

Who do you work with?

35 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Who do you work with?

I work for a distributor. I'm not going to say which one. I don't trust these jackals. :cheers:

On 6/27/2018 at 10:39 PM, nobody said:

Original Coors is underrated.

Johnny Lawrence and I know what's up.

• Like 1

Quaff On:  Peanut Butter Busted Knuckle 

maybe you think a porter with a subtle peanut butter aroma is not for you, but you’re probably wrong.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, Herbivore said:

Founders Day All Day IPA is good day drinking choice.

Probably an innocent mistake, but this is simply Founders.  Not founders DAY.

I believe sometime in the last 5 years or so Founders Porter was named top bier or top porter in America?  

And the Founders Breakfast Stout is perfection.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

As a barrel aged fan I definitely love their Kentucky Breakfast Stout.  :cheers:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Probably an innocent mistake, but this is simply Founders.  Not founders DAY.

I believe sometime in the last 5 years or so Founders Porter was named top bier or top porter in America?  

Yep, still call it that everytime

14 hours ago, MDC said:

I usually drink Corona Light or Amstel Light these days but I like to mix in a hazy pale ale sometimes. The Juice by Peak Brewing is awesome. Very hoppy with a citrus aftertaste and awesome murky orange color. 

There are lots of local places to you making awesome NEIPAs.  Tired Hands being the classic, but lots of new ones too.

9 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Cold

That’s a given. I chill my pint glasses in the freezer for an extra cold beer. 🍺 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you like the Hazy then yeah, the Sierra Nevada is probably the biggest one right now.

Special Lady Friend is also good.   If you can get Flying Dog try the Thunder Peel too

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If you like the Hazy then yeah, the Sierra Nevada is probably the biggest one right now.

Special Lady Friend is also good.   If you can get Flying Dog try the Thunder Peel too

Fort George Brewing in Astoria, OR has some great hazy IPAs as well as BBA stouts.  Not sure how available their beers are outside of the PNW though. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

My other favorite hazys:

Vault Brewing Of Hops and Clouds. Just an awesome hoppy pale ale. They only come in pint cans and it’s a little pricey.

New Belgium American Haze. really nice balance of bitter / hoppy with a grapefruit aftertaste, not overly sweet.

Find some local places.  The national ones are fine, but you'll get better beer from the smaller brewers, and there is one on every street corner now.

One of my favorite Iowa beers is getting distributed more and more throughout the country.  Psuedo Sue from Toppling Goliath is a great pale ale.  Keep an eye out for it.

7 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Find some local places.  The national ones are fine, but you'll get better beer from the smaller brewers, and there is one on every street corner now.

I’m pretty sure Vault is a microbrew. 

I live within walking distance of Yards and Philadelphia Brewing Company, my 2 favorite locals. Right outside the city is Victory Brew Pub. 

• Sad 1

Is the Yuengling Mango any good?  I don’t usually like fruit-flavored beers, but I do love Mango flavored drinks (like the Wawa one)

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Voodoo Ranger.

Which variety?  It seems they have 4 or 5 different IPAs all named Voodoo Ranger something or other.  The imperial version is pretty good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Which variety?  It seems they have 4 or 5 different IPAs all named Voodoo Ranger something or other.  The imperial version is pretty good. 

One I recommended earlier American Haze is a Voodoo Ranger beer - it’s great. :cheers: 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, MDC said:

I’m pretty sure Vault is a microbrew. 

I live within walking distance of Yards and Philadelphia Brewing Company, my 2 favorite locals. Right outside the city is Victory Brew Pub. 

Yards is fine, Victory is fine, but these really are macro brewers at this point.

Tired Hands is the place to go, I love it there.  Also heard good stuff about Crime and Punishment but have never been.

https://www.hopculture.com/best-craft-breweries-philadelphia-pennsylvania/

The hazy IPAs at Tired Hands make the macro stuff taste like Budweiser.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Founder's 120 minute IPA. Buckle up.

Founders doesn't make a 120 min IPA, dummy, you're thinking of dogfish head.  And that crap is more like a barleywine than an IPA.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Founders doesn't make a 120 min IPA, dummy, you're thinking of dogfish head.  And that crap is more like a barleywine than an IPA.

I was thinking of the Backwoods Bastard. Mixed them up. Michigan beer > Delaware beer.

@MDC

Shoot me a PM when you have a chance... I wasn't able to send anything out to you

Fridge

this was a while ago. Different lineup this week