Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

Vaping to quit smoking

I started vaping 2 weeks ago to try and quit smoking. I went with the lowest nicotine level 3mg nicotine. I'm shocked it's working. No smoking during the week. Still smoking on Friday and Sat night when drinking though. :dunno:

• Like 1

Do it and dont listen to people saying its dooshy. It smells pleasant and theres nothing toxic in it. Im sure Pen will be along soon to contradict but hes about as knowledgeable about baling as a retarded mongoloid. My brother makes and sells his own line of juice. Multiple people I know have quit from vaping and not looked back.

Real men quit cold turkey. No patches, vapes, or BS feel good books. Man up weaklings.

I still vape infrequently almost 2 years after I quit smoking, mostly while drinking. Anybody who has done both knows there is no comparison: vaping is far easier on your lungs and breathing. Medical professions all estimate that its 90% better for you and UK doctors outright recommend it for smoking cessation.

Probably better to do neither and I would definitely recommend against weekend smoking. But cigarette smoking is so bad for you there isnt really a bad way to quit.

It can help some people, but the jury is still out whether it is as effective as traditional means for smoking cessation. Since Tan wants to :cry: about naysaying while pitching his brother's product, I'll refer you to the CDC's summary: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/index.htm

I cannot imagine thatat the CDC would in any way be influenced by companies like Phillip Morris.

Unpossible.

Keep it up shorepatrol. Whatever works to keep you off the cigs.

I used the nic gum to quit over 5 years ago, and still keep it laying around for whenever Im stressed/buzzed and get the urge for a cig.

Keep it up shorepatrol. Whatever works to keep you off the cigs.

I used the nic gum to quit over 5 years ago, and still keep it laying around for whenever Im stressed/buzzed and get the urge for a cig.

Im the same, quit probably 8 years ago, still have gum and vape.

Thirty-six hours

Rolling in pain

Praying to someone

Free me again

It can help some people, but the jury is still out whether it is as effective as traditional means for smoking cessation. Since Tan wants to :cry: about naysaying while pitching his brother's product, I'll refer you to the CDC's summary: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/index.htm

I know at least 5 people who quit smoking completely by vaping. Dont need your ghay ass links and studies. It has nicotine, thats what makes people addicted to smoking. Getting your nicotine fix any other way than smoking will help you quit smoking. Very basic logic.

Speaking of logic. Are you (these) people using the over the counter pre made brands (like Logic) or going to the pretentious vape shops and mixing "juice" ?

If you have the discipline to go from cigs to vape you may as well just go all the way and quit.

Vaping still costs money and is still unhealthy (insurance companies view it the same as other nicotine use).

Not to mention you look like a hipster/redneck trash blowing your vape smoke into a crowded room.

Smoking 5-10 cigs on the weekend when you drink is better for you than vaping all day during the week.

I cannot imagine thatat the CDC would in any way be influenced by companies like Phillip Morris.

Unpossible.

Right, the CDC is in the tobacco industry's pocket. Medical professionals need smokers to prescribe pricey chemotherapy, so we'll undermine the altruistic vaping industry. :thumbsup:

I know at least 5 people who quit smoking completely by vaping. Dont need your ghay ass links and studies. It has nicotine, thats what makes people addicted to smoking. Getting your nicotine fix any other way than smoking will help you quit smoking. Very basic logic.

Funny how critical you are of religion, yet take personal experience as gospel.

Vaping is less bad for you than smoking, but it ain't healthy and the industry has used some of the same predatory techniques to recruit users as cigarettes.

I still vape infrequently almost 2 years after I quit smoking, mostly while drinking. Anybody who has done both knows there is no comparison: vaping is far easier on your lungs and breathing. Medical professions all estimate that its 90% better for you and UK doctors outright recommend it for smoking cessation.

Probably better to do neither and I would definitely recommend against weekend smoking. But cigarette smoking is so bad for you there isnt really a bad way to quit.

:lol:

What a surprise. Poseur extraordinaire jumps on the latest hipster douche fad.

• Like 1

Funny how critical you are of religion, yet take personal experience as gospel.

Yes, I am critical of the existence of magical wizards in the sky and believe in things that happen in real life and exist. Any person over age 10 should think the same way. Dont see how its funny.

What a surprise. Poseur extraordinaire jumps on the latest hipster douche fad.

It gives him his nicotine, it tastes better, it is less annoying than cigs to people around him. I see it as am improvement :dunno:

Can't they make it so you don't look like a focking steam engine in the arctic every time you exhale? So ghey.

• Like 1

It gives him his nicotine, it tastes better, it is less annoying than cigs to people around him. I see it as am improvement :dunno:

I'm sure you do.

If you have the discipline to go from cigs to vape you may as well just go all the way and quit. I really don't want to quit yet.

Not to mention you look like a redneck trash blowing your vape smoke into a crowded room. Have you not seen a pic of me? I already look like a redneck. Only do it outside, not indoors.

Smoking 5-10 cigs on the weekend when you drink is better for you than vaping all day during the week. Vaping 5 out of 7 days a week is far better than smoking 7 days a week.

People still smoke?

Dumbasses do.

Dumbasses do.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy brother. You'll break your neck falling off that real focking tall pedestal

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy brother. You'll break your neck falling off that real focking tall pedestal

Wrong guy. Far from body is a temple kinda guy. If you smoke in this day and age - you are a dumbass.

Wrong guy. Far from body is a temple kinda guy. If you smoke in this day and age - you are a dumbass.

Making a poor choice sure. I reserve "dumbass" for liberals :banana:

Seconded, its disgusting and annoying.

Seconded, its disgusting and annoying.

Oh I agree So are fat people. Go be fat somewhere else.

Gals like her have addiction issues.

Yeah. Smart people drink vodka by the case instead. 👌🏻

before any of you crybabies take this post as anti-vaping, I am NOT against vaping.

Certain vapers can look like complete dbags but so can certain anything... golfers, bikers etc...

I thought about vaping a few years ago, just to give it a try (i do have a condition caused by stress and anxiety). I don't smoke except for the occasional cigar while golfing. Basically I was interested in a non-cig way to get a little nicotine. I know its technically both a stimulant and relaxant but I wasn't against giving it a try for relaxation purposes and the smells of some of the flavors are pretty damn good.

However, after doing a bunch of reading on Vaping and even having narrowed down to which device I was going to buy, I got scared off by all I had read about the dangers of "popcorn" lung.

In the end I decided that vaping nice flavors with a little bit of nicotine for someone who isn't even a smoker wasn't really worth it, even if the dangers are minimal.