Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Do these kids even have parents?

Didnt watch the entire video, but from what I saw, nice job by the teacher. Really focking sad though. You know this is going on throughout the country, yet we hear next to nothing about it.

I was pretty shocked.

I had no idea there were black people in Green Bay.

You know, after football season.

I was pretty shocked.

I had no idea there were black people in Green Bay.

It's primarily Hispanic.

I can't fathom how anyone would want to be a teacher these days. GB those that are doing what they can't to hold things together.

I can't fathom how anyone would want to be a teacher these days.

No experience needed, good starting salary with great benefits. 3.5 months off a year. :dunno:

mostly no parents. maybe a mom. no discipline that's for sure.

That's why Borat wanted them to kill the eggs. Oh wait. That was Jews. Nevermind.

I don't think we can just point at race here, it is emphatically the breakdown of the family and having children when too young/not ready.

This does tend to occur with greater propensity in the African American community, but MANY kids are doing this to varying levels.

No experience needed, good starting salary with great benefits. 3.5 months off a year. :dunno:

18-25k is a good starting salary?

I don't think we can just point at race here, it is emphatically the breakdown of the family and having children when too young/not ready.

This does tend to occur with greater propensity in the African American community, but MANY kids are doing this to varying levels.

That's been the case for 50 years. This level of disorder in schools has increased and become more widespread since the implementation of Obama policy concerning discipline and the reporting of crime in schools.

18-25k is a good starting salary?

Depends where you live. And most people don't live where teachers make that. And be careful of stats provided by the leftist media and teachers union. Average is another word for lie when it comes to this stuff. Easily manipulated.

The best teachers in the world arent going to fix the situation this woman describes. It is all on the administrators, parents and students.

it all comes down to no parents and sh;tty parents and ever declining morality in this country. it's that simple.

there's no discipline any more. liberals focking ruined that. these little disrespectful bastards think they run the show, can get away with anything and have a say in the matter. little fockers should be squashed.

half the ones that have parents...the parents try to be their best friend instead of parenting. the other half think their little angel child can do no wrong and blame the school when they do try to discipline. cell phones are given way too early, unsupervised internet too early, etc, etc. only gonna get worse.

• Like 1

I think most kids have a certain amount of disrespectful behavior, kids are always going to push the envelope on what they are able to do. In the past parents would discipline and make sure kids were held in check, of late it has become socially inappropriate to keep ones kids in check, moreover certain elements of society are inclined to just let their kids run amok and any attempt to restrict them is given some social justice label.

The best teachers in the world arent going to fix the situation this woman describes. It is all on the administrators, parents and students.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

According to industry website Teacher Portal, the average starting salary for teachers was $33,950 as of 2011.

https://work.chron.com/average-beginning-teacher-salaries-1364.html

In 1986, at age 22 I was making $35K/year as a store manager at Brooks Brothers Clothing in Dallas, TX. I had no degree and no specialized training. Adjusted for inflation, that's $76K in today's dollars.

At present, the avg starting salary for a teacher in my state is $36K. Adjusted for inflation, that's $16K in 1986 dollars.

If my kids spend 4 years in college and can only manage a job pulling in $36K upon graduation, I'll put them to work installing flooring so they can make a respectable living.

I think most kids have a certain amount of disrespectful behavior, kids are always going to push the envelope on what they are able to do. In the past parents would discipline and make sure kids were held in check, of late it has become socially inappropriate to keep ones kids in check, moreover certain elements of society are inclined to just let their kids run amok and any attempt to restrict them is given some social justice label.

It's hard to generalize though. My kids don't act like this, and their friends don't either. Of course, we teach our kids about manners, and showing respect. We also don't live in the inner city.

And, we're white (mostly).

It's hard to generalize though. My kids don't act like this, and their friends don't either. Of course, we teach our kids about manners, and showing respect. We also don't live in the inner city.

And, we're white (mostly).

Right. Your kids likely do push it a little once in a while, but you take appropriate action to keep them in check....THAT is the difference, as simple as it might sound.

In 1986, at age 22 I was making $35K/year as a store manager at Brooks Brothers Clothing in Dallas, TX. I had no degree and no specialized training. Adjusted for inflation, that's $76K in today's dollars.

At present, the avg starting salary for a teacher in my state is $36K. Adjusted for inflation, that's $16K in 1986 dollars.

If my kids spend 4 years in college and can only manage a job pulling in $36K upon graduation, I'll put them to work installing flooring so they can make a respectable living.

Starting to see a fair amount of actual trained teachers teaching here in china. Make about $30k here, with free housing and airfare, and a much lower cost of living, and better working conditions.

I wouldnt trade and go to an American school for twice the money.

Right. Your kids likely do push it a little once in a while, but you take appropriate action to keep them in check....THAT is the difference, as simple as it might sound.

Yeah. You dont go straight from Little angel to these pieces of crap. It comes from a thousand times where they pushed the envelope and didnt get thwacked.

This is where I was in life when I came to China.

I was 29, substitute teaching, living with my mom, and spinning my wheels going nowhere. All that Army BS and schooling and GI Bill money dried up and here I was. My god that was a bad time.

Starting to see a fair amount of actual trained teachers teaching here in china. Make about $30k here, with free housing and airfare, and a much lower cost of living, and better working conditions.

I wouldnt trade and go to an American school for twice the money.

Do kids talk back to you or other teachers? Any physically abuse teachers? If so, what can you do about it?

I was 29, substitute teaching, living with my mom, and spinning my wheels going nowhere. All that Army BS and schooling and GI Bill money dried up and here I was. My god that was a bad time.

I don't get people dissing on you for taking the best job offer. Unless you were the one that hacked Hilary's server. :D

I don't get people dissing on you for taking the best job offer. Unless you were the one that hacked Hilary's server. :D

Her password is: 123456

I learned she hates rainbows and puppies and butterflies but likes Palestinian poetry and patriotic Soviet songs.

If you had a chance to study something different in college, what would you have studied?

If you had a chance to study something different in college, what would you have studied?

He would have studied gynecology and still went to China but not for the money.

That's a difficult question in that my aptitude and interests were social studies and history and I like having the ability to analyze world events and put them in context. In that regard it's enriched my life. I like knowing, or at least thinking I know, what's happening and why. The many term papers made me a better writer.

But it didn't open any doors and there is a lot more money to be made in the various trades and I wouldn't have had to burn eight years of my life in the Army and college to get there.

Anyway, I'm dodging your question. Given my aptitudes, something more practical.... maybe clinical psychology.

That's a difficult question in that my aptitude and interests were social studies and history and I like having the ability to analyze world events and put them in context. In that regard it's enriched my life. I like knowing, or at least thinking I know, what's happening and why. The many term papers made me a better writer.

But it didn't open any doors and there is a lot more money to be made in the various trades and I wouldn't have had to burn eight years of my life in the Army and college to get there.

Anyway, I'm dodging your question. Given my aptitudes, something more practical.... maybe clinical psychology.

Yeah. I could see that.

I think you'd still need a PHD in order to have success in that field though. More schooling and more money.