Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Buy Low Candidates - Post Week 1

Some owners WILL trip out after a bad showing in week 1....even on studs. Here are a few players worth putting out some feelers for....even if you get rejected:

David Johnson

Zeke

DeShaun Watson

CMac

Goodwin

Fournette

Hogan

Freeman

Kelce

D. Henry

Collins

D. Freeman

K. Hunt

Shady

Drake

Evan Engram

Gallop/Hurns

L. Bell?

Who ya got?

We talked a lot about CMC this offseason and his hype had reached mid first round fever pitch. Im not trying to be captain hindsight, Im wrong about lots of guys, but tonite was what I see his typical game as. Cam 13 carries and a td, CMC 10, Anderson 7. My main gripe on him was his upside is capped by Cam and Anderson and this was a decent example of it. Just week 1 though, anything could happen next game.

Not McCoy. He is trash this year. That offense is not going to move the ball on anyone.

Freeman is starting to get worn down and I don't trust the OC.

Collins might have real problems. He can't keep fumbling.

I'm owners of Kelce and Hogan. More than a little concerned. Hogan has a stretch of top CBs. I don't know if Mahomes is a guy that is going to be a guy that uses a TE often. I think Kelce might get a rushing TD or two this year. Hopefully they will lateral it to him a couple other times for 1 yard receiving TDs.

Kelce doesnt seem to have good games vs the Chargers.

No surprise from what we saw out of Watson.

I think Kelce might get a rushing TD or two this year.

Guaranteed he'll get a rushing TD this year.

Andy Reid is the coach, and Kelce isn't an RB. Of course he'll get a rushing score. Or at least 5 attempts.

• Like 1

A Jones, if he’s available get him.

Williams wasn’t worthy of the top rb with the Packers.

If this guy owns Hill in any of your leagues go buy low on him. weepaws thinks this is it, one good game from Hill. I don't see weepaws saying that about Michael Thomas, AJ Green, or Antonio Brown. Why he says this about Hill, who is more dangerous as an overall weapon than any of those guys, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but he believes it. Go get him from weepaws! :lol:

Of that list, I want Hunt and Zeke.

Also, when will it be okay to cuss at people who are constantly down on Melvin Gordon? What does he have to do? He just had the stat line that many folks were dreaming of for CMC. The oline was a little better. Both him Ekeler were all over the place. If that continues, good times await.

I want Ingram too if he is cheap enough. The non-Kamara Saints rbs do not appear to be too scary. The Saints have some decent defenses to deal with soon. And their defense could be worse than assumed. Again. Somehow. Insane.

Fournette was looking great, and then he got hurt, per usual. Man, I just hate seeing talent wasted to oddball injuries. After working his ass off all offseason, how does he all of a sudden get a hammy? Actually my hamstrings were always messed up so I guess I get it. He is just more prone to it.

I would love to sell Fournette actually. I want a fair return though.

The thing that sucks about Lenny is that he has a label now. That will ruin his pricing. If he misses games from this injury, we can forget unloading him and getting back anything you would really want.

Zeke and DJ didnt exactly have horrible games. Ill take approx 80 yds+ TD from each as a floor performance all day.

Granted. I guess I was coming more from the angle that their prospective offenses looked putrid, thus potentially lowering their value a bit..

Granted. I guess I was coming more from the angle that their prospective offenses looked putrid, thus potentially lowering their value a bit..

True That. Im actually more concerned with DJ. Bradford has no business being a NFL starting quarterback.

NFL offenses are in an ever state of flux. This year is crazy. Fantasy football expectations will have results that are more erratic than ever before. Unless Amari Cooper goes off for more than 120 yards with 10 catches and two TDs, I'm a winner this week. But that being said, I'm concerned about finding consistency in my own team this year.

If this guy owns Hill in any of your leagues go buy low on him. weepaws thinks this is it, one good game from Hill. I don't see weepaws saying that about Michael Thomas, AJ Green, or Antonio Brown. Why he says this about Hill, who is more dangerous as an overall weapon than any of those guys, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but he believes it. Go get him from weepaws! :lol:

All I said was I don’t think he will outscore his non ff points total from last season.

I said in June July August.

I see Hill as a wr1 jus think he will score less then last season.

It’s just what they call in ff a prediction.

I didn’t know that was a problem, it’s what ff is all about.

Hey thanks for the reply appreciate it.

Zeke and DJ didnt exactly have horrible games. Ill take approx 80 yds+ TD from each as a floor performance all day.

I think for DJ it’s going to be more games like this one.

Just without that late td.

Zona as no Qb and little talent to help.

True That. Im actually more concerned with DJ. Bradford has no business being a NFL starting quarterback.

He’s somehow been aquired and paid specifically to start for 4 dif teams.

All I said was I dont think he will outscore his non ff points total from last season.

I said in June July August.

I see Hill as a wr1 jus think he will score less then last season.

Its just what they call in ff a prediction.

I didnt know that was a problem, its what ff is all about.

Hey thanks for the reply appreciate it.

Why aren't you predicting that with any other top receiver?

Hes somehow been aquired and paid specifically to start for 4 dif teams.

Yep. Somehow. The last 2 times hes been in a game with live rounds being fired, he has looked really bad. Last year, I wrote it off to him trying to play while hurt ala Rodgers last night. Yesterday, I had a hard time writing it off. Offensive line? Maybe? I do not know. Sammy Biscuits could be over with.

This is a good point. With the suspension I could see people still being down on Jones but Williams looked bad. At a minimum I would see an equal split once Jones is back and he will have a lot of opportunity to take over the role.

Williams looked bad?

Looked very good in pass pro.

He had no room to run and they fell behind by 20 points.

Relax.

Why aren't you predicting that with any other top receiver?

I don’t see any treads about other WRs.

Make one I’ll answer.

I’m not shy.

I don’t see any treads about other WRs.

Make one I’ll answer.

I’m not shy.

Back sometime I said I don’t think Brown will finsh in the top four WRs.

I think he will score less non ff then he has in some time.

I think Adams will outscore M Thomas that was another tread.

I’m not saying nor did I say that Hill won’t be a wr1, just think he will score less points then last season.

If I’m wrong lay it on me.

It’s just a prediction.

Yep. Somehow. The last 2 times hes been in a game with live rounds being fired, he has looked really bad. Last year, I wrote it off to him trying to play while hurt ala Rodgers last night. Yesterday, I had a hard time writing it off. Offensive line? Maybe? I do not know. Sammy Biscuits could be over with.

Maybe hes just collecting a check. A $20 million check.

Back sometime I said I don’t think Brown will finsh in the top four WRs.

I think he will score less non ff then he has in some time.

I think Adams will outscore M Thomas that was another tread.

I’m not saying nor did I say that Hill won’t be a wr1, just think he will score less points then last season.

If I’m wrong lay it on me.

It’s just a prediction.

I don't get the prediction though. Hill gets singled out as a guy who will not live up to last years numbers more often than most other receivers.

Do we also not realize how good of a receiver he is? He has had some phenominal catches, and he rarely drops the ball

70.93 catch rate, which put him 3rd for players with over 100 targets in 2017. I can't find drop statistics for some reason, but I am pretty sure his drop percentage was very low.

He is one of the best receivers in the NFL. His QB is upgraded. His QB loves to target the hell out of him. He is the fastest player in the NFL damn near paired with the biggest arm, an accurate deep ball guy at that. All logic points toward an increase in fantasy points. Give me Hill over any other receiver besides Brown, and even Brown may finally be toppled this year as the number 1.

I don't get the prediction though. Hill gets singled out as a guy who will not live up to last years numbers more often than most other receivers.

Do we also not realize how good of a receiver he is? He has had some phenominal catches, and he rarely drops the ball

70.93 catch rate, which put him 3rd for players with over 100 targets in 2017. I can't find drop statistics for some reason, but I am pretty sure his drop percentage was very low.

He is one of the best receivers in the NFL. His QB is upgraded. His QB loves to target the hell out of him. He is the fastest player in the NFL damn near paired with the biggest arm, an accurate deep ball guy at that. All logic points toward an increase in fantasy points. Give me Hill over any other receiver besides Brown, and even Brown may finally be toppled this year as the number 1.

Im a Hill truther. He will never be able to do things that Julio does just because of his size or lack of size lol but the kid is incredible and the Chiefs have figured out how to get him in space all the time. Hes the most electric player in football, is that up for debate?

Im a Hill truther. He will never be able to do things that Julio does just because of his size or lack of size lol but the kid is incredible and the Chiefs have figured out how to get him in space all the time. Hes the most electric player in football, is that up for debate?

No, but he isn't that type of player. He wants it more than Julio, I can tell you that. Julio does not have the demeanor of a top end receiver. I could see the Eagles getting rough with him and Julio not really responding to it. He seemed to shy away a little. Give him targets all day and he will put up fantasy points, but I would rather have Hill on my team.

Who would sell low after week 1? I'm a Hunt owner and although disturbed by him not even having a single catch (very disturbed actually), I wouldn't give him away for a WR2 or the likes. it's too early to freak out about a bad showing.

Williams looked bad?

Looked very good in pass pro.

He had no room to run and they fell behind by 20 points.

Relax.

15-47 yards and 0 receptions is not good.. last i knew "pass protection" didnt win any fantasy games. i'm definitely worried, and looking elsewhere

Fournette was looking great, and then he got hurt, per usual. Man, I just hate seeing talent wasted to oddball injuries. After working his ass off all offseason, how does he all of a sudden get a hammy? Actually my hamstrings were always messed up so I guess I get it. He is just more prone to it.

I would love to sell Fournette actually. I want a fair return though.

Confused by Fournette. Clearly was working hamstring, but last night it was reported (on TV) as an ankle? I think he may miss a couple weeks, but he looked good while he was in.

15-47 yards and 0 receptions is not good.. last i knew "pass protection" didnt win any fantasy games. i'm definitely worried, and looking elsewhere

Im not saying you shouldnt. But what do you expect out of GB running backs? They havent had a running game in years. They dont commit to it. And they got down 20 points.

My post os more for those who are acting like he sucked and Jones will be the main guy shen he gets back. Pass Pro is why hey like Williams. How was hr supposed to go catch passes when they needed him to help block a rush they almost got Rodgers hurt.

Wasnt a game flow that favored him. By all means move on after 1 week. Why did you draft him? What were you expecting last night out of him? Especially the way the game unfolded.

Some buy low notable names:

QB:

B. Roethlisberger - is a buy low after that debacle, particularly since it was road game.

D. Watson - comes to mind...but...I have a bit of fear that the Patriots just laid out the defacto gameplan against Watson.

Garoppolo - Offense just looked out of synch, but facing a great defense can do that. Better days coming.

RB:

D. Freeman - all depends on extent of the injury, but was looking decent while he was in.

R. Freeman - 1st game vs decent defense, but beware the electric Lindsay behind him

C. McCaffrey - didn't have a terrible game (PPR) scoring but definitely not what all the hype said. But the Cowboys defense is underrated.

K. Hunt - too much talent to put up that kind of game.

WR:

D. Baldwin - again, depends on severity of injury. But if you can hit up a desperate owner (like me) with decent trade you can maybe a get late season WR2 discounted

D. Funchess - still the #1 WR in Carolina and gets a boost with Olsen out.

J. Gordon - last chance to get him at a discount. Was supposed to be on snap-count of 20 and played nearly 80% of plays.

TE:

K. Rudolph - TD's will pick up once he and Cousin's get in synch.

T. Kelce - I don't think he's going to put up his typical stats in this offense, but he's still top 5 and my have a nervous owner right now.

T. Burton - Bad showing, but targeted 6 times.

E. Engram - loads of talent, matchup nightmare, bad hands! But playing a great defense, much better days ahead.

Some buy low notable names:

QB:

B. Roethlisberger - is a buy low after that debacle, particularly since it was road game.

D. Watson - comes to mind...but...I have a bit of fear that the Patriots just laid out the defacto gameplan against Watson.

Garoppolo - Offense just looked out of synch, but facing a great defense can do that. Better days coming.

RB:

D. Freeman - all depends on extent of the injury, but was looking decent while he was in.

R. Freeman - 1st game vs decent defense, but beware the electric Lindsay behind him

C. McCaffrey - didn't have a terrible game (PPR) scoring but definitely not what all the hype said. But the Cowboys defense is underrated.

K. Hunt - too much talent to put up that kind of game.

WR:

D. Baldwin - again, depends on severity of injury. But if you can hit up a desperate owner (like me) with decent trade you can maybe a get late season WR2 discounted

D. Funchess - still the #1 WR in Carolina and gets a boost with Olsen out.

J. Gordon - last chance to get him at a discount. Was supposed to be on snap-count of 20 and played nearly 80% of plays.

TE:

K. Rudolph - TD's will pick up once he and Cousin's get in synch.

T. Kelce - I don't think he's going to put up his typical stats in this offense, but he's still top 5 and my have a nervous owner right now.

T. Burton - Bad showing, but targeted 6 times.

E. Engram - loads of talent, matchup nightmare, bad hands! But playing a great defense, much better days ahead.

Who would be selling low on these guys? I have Garoppolo, Hunt, McCaffery, and Burton and won't be giving them up for cheap.

There are very few guys anyone would sell low on. You cant just waltz up to the guy whos stud had a bad game expecting them to offload him for your 10th rounder who had a good game. If so, its a taco league and not mentioning in the first place.

Im not saying you shouldnt. But what do you expect out of GB running backs? They havent had a running game in years. They dont commit to it. And they got down 20 points.

My post os more for those who are acting like he sucked and Jones will be the main guy shen he gets back. Pass Pro is why hey like Williams. How was hr supposed to go catch passes when they needed him to help block a rush they almost got Rodgers hurt.

Wasnt a game flow that favored him. By all means move on after 1 week. Why did you draft him? What were you expecting last night out of him? Especially the way the game unfolded.

When I said he looked bad I was completely referring to the running part of his game. The concern I have is that Jones is coming back. He has 2 weeks to set himself apart. If he doesn't it will be full blown timeshare. You may be right that it will be game flow dictated. When they are down and need to be throwing it would be him but when they want an actual run game it would be jones. That's not good for either and in a mix like that I would prefer Jones.

When I said he looked bad I was completely referring to the running part of his game. The concern I have is that Jones is coming back. He has 2 weeks to set himself apart. If he doesn't it will be full blown timeshare. You may be right that it will be game flow dictated. When they are down and need to be throwing it would be him but when they want an actual run game it would be jones. That's not good for either and in a mix like that I would prefer Jones.

Each year at least 2 different backs have a couple big games for GB. Probably will be no different this year.

There are very few guys anyone would sell low on. You cant just waltz up to the guy whos stud had a bad game expecting them to offload him for your 10th rounder who had a good game. If so, its a taco league and not mentioning in the first place.

I have had about enough of people talking shlt about tacos around here. They are delicious, leave them alone

• Like 1

I have had about enough of people talking shlt about taco around here.

He had 3 sacks last year, on limited playing time. No reason to talk sh!t.