Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Edelman owners -- start or wait?

Edelman finally comes off his suspension and will likely play on TNF against the Colts. Are you Edelman owners planning on plugging him in right away -- even on the dreaded TNF -- or will you wait a week to give him and Brady time to get back in sync?

Added into the mix is the possibility that Gronk is out or at least limited.

Im not starting him over Landry as WR or Sony Michel as flex, but I wouldnt worry putting him in.

I dont think him and Brady need time to get in sync

I don't own him but if I did then I would have no issue with starting him immediately. I would not expect the Pats to be easing him back in. And as WR starved as the Pats are I would expect Edelman to put up some pretty good numbers right out of the gate, especially in PPR.

No reason to hold him out unless you have a better option. He's not coming off injury. He knows the offense. Great chemistry with Brady. No reason for Pats to ease him in. He'll be chomping at the bit to get out there.

Hard to say dreaded Thursday night after what we witnessed last Thursday.

I think Brady is chomping at the bits to throw to his little buddy again, especially with how frustrated he's been with his WRs. While he's coming off an ACL and a suspension, he looked good in the preseason. Gronk is on a gimpy ankle and a short week, I think he sits which means more targets for JE. Also, one of the hotter WW candidates this week, Keke Coutee, just lit up the Colts out of the slot on Sunday. I'm rolling Edelman out there.

Edelman finally comes off his suspension and will likely play on TNF against the Colts. Are you Edelman owners planning on plugging him in right away -- even on the dreaded TNF -- or will you wait a week to give him and Brady time to get back in sync?

Added into the mix is the possibility that Gronk is out or at least limited.

Depends.

Hard to say dreaded Thursday night after what we witnessed last Thursday.

Yeah, last week was definitely insane. Hope the trend continues but in the past TNF has tended to be an offensive sh1tshow.

I plugged him in my lineup already. I didnt draft and stash him to wait. Brady will target him 15 times this week. He has missed Edelman greatly

Starting Edelman in 2 leagues confidently. I don't see how you can not start him unless you are staked at WR.

I'm debating between Edelman and T. Hill. Both seem to be medium risk, high reward. I could also sit Hunt vs Jax. Quite the quandry... probably going to go Hunt and Hill, since I'm playing an injury riddled team.

After doing some quick research. It appears that Thursday night games are really no different. League avg score per game is 48 in 2018. Wk 1 Phi vs Atl=30 pts, wk2 Bal vs Cin=57 pts, wk3 Nyj vs Cle 38 pts, wk 4 Min vs StL 69 pts. For an average of 48.5.

After doing some quick research. It appears that Thursday night games are really no different. League avg score per game is 48 in 2018. Wk 1 Phi vs Atl=30 pts, wk2 Bal vs Cin=57 pts, wk3 Nyj vs Cle 38 pts, wk 4 Min vs StL 69 pts. For an average of 48.5.

How about previous years?

How about previous years?

This year is different... They are matching up good teams to play TNF.

This year is different... They are matching up good teams to play TNF.

That would certainly explain it. Previously didn't every team get a turn on TNF? Is this no longer the case?

That would certainly explain it. Previously didn't every team get a turn on TNF? Is this no longer the case?

It's the same. But the NFL said they were picking better matchups. Like primetime matchups.

• Like 1

Would u guys start Edelman over Juju, Ridley, and Boyd?

No.

In a ppr league I have to start 2 out of Edelman Sanders and Landry....been debating this for a day not sure who to go with

In my non-ppr league I'm debating using him in the flex over Jay Ajayna.

Would u guys start Edelman over Juju, Ridley, and Boyd?

I would easily start Edelman over Boyd. Not even close.

Wouldn’t.

I'm firing up Edelman this week. (TY more than likely being out this week also helped with my decision.)

I assume they won't hold him back at all and the Edelman/Gordon combo could prove worthwhile for the both of them. Also, I think Edelman will probably be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder after the susp. TNF will be the perfect stage for him to go off IMO.

Edelman will do fine but Boyd has reached must start territory

• Like 1

Would anyone start him over Golladay, Keenan Allen or Tyreek Hill?

Definitely would start over golladay and allen

No one is worried about the "PED Dropoff"? There's evidence of guys who get caught for PEDs like Edelman not producing as well after they are off the juice. I agree about a lot of points noted above, but putting in a guy who has zero game or practice time in the last 4 weeks and might not have that "extra something" gives me pause...

I'm waiting, I don't really feel like benching Allen, Thielen, or Tate at this point. Edelman will start next week with Tate having a bye.

Would anyone start him over Golladay, Keenan Allen or Tyreek Hill?

No I don’t think I would

I would easily start Edelman over Boyd. Not even close.

Really>?

I suspect Xavien Howard on AJ Green, leaving Boyd open for another big game.

I've grown tired of Agholor's shenanigans. Edelman is going in for him with full confidence :thumbsup:

Edelman is about 4 hours and 22 minutes from reminding people that Brady to Edelman is like bread and butter. All ppr leagues I would start Edelman. I didnt draft him to sit him, been waiting for this moment for four weeks.

Edelman, Boyd, Landry, Hyde, Royce Freeman, Lindsay, A Jones

I need to start 2 in a non-PPR, one must be a WR. Here is what I have decided:

I am starting Edelman at WR2 and Hyde or Boyd at flex, likely Hyde.

Coming out party. Tommy will make sure he gets a TD. Hes always a threat around the goal line for a 5 yd TD catch