Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

After watching this weekends games, I changed my mind, they should have hired Eric Bieniemy ---  :shocking:

Yeah, he did a great job not calling the plays or devising the game plan.  But he is black, so he should have gotten the job. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately the Cowboys don't play 900 year old defensive coordinators with a horrible head coach every week.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, he did a great job not calling the plays or devising the game plan.  But he is black, so he should have gotten the job. 

I was being a tad facetious and prisoner of the moment, guys.   Geez...

*Note to self, don't joke around about the Cowboys, fans seem to be suffering from PTSD after twenty years of a watching under-achieving teams.  

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

*Note to self, don't joke around about the Cowboys, fans seem to be suffering from PTSD after twenty years of a watching under-achieving teams.  

:mad:  And I am also a Texans fan.  Only thing worse would be if I was a fan of the Browns and the Bills.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trump haters are suffering from TDS.  

Yes they are. :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

Unfortunately the Cowboys don't play 900 year old defensive coordinators with a horrible head coach every week.  

What's the pulse like down there 2day? Fans raging mad, calling for heads and blood?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

What's the pulse like down there 2day? Fans raging mad, calling for heads and blood?

Same thing that happened with the cowboys the last 3/4 years.........wondering how the hell these numbnuts haven't been fired.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Same thing that happened with the cowboys the last 3/4 years.........wondering how the hell these numbnuts haven't been fired.

Red is available. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Red is available. :D

Shut your mouth...............Cal is dumb enough to do it!  :wall:

• Haha 1

Dallas Cowboy fans are just like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and the Cowboy’s organization is just like Lucy pulling the ball away. It is fun to watch every year.

45 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Bout damn time! :thumbsup:

And on the same finalist ballot, Harold Carmichael goes in before Drew Pearson, WTF?? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sorry Drew, you played for a dominant team and after all that your stats are meh.  Certainly worse than Carmichael's.  Pretty much identical to Tony Hill's. You weren't even clearly the best WR on your own team.

8 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Sorry Drew, you played for a dominant team and after all that your stats are meh.  Certainly worse than Carmichael's.  Pretty much identical to Tony Hill's. You weren't even clearly the best WR on your own team.

That's why he was named to the NFL's, 1st team, all Decade 70's team - thank Gawd you're here to set them straight. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:57 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Now that's not fair. They didn't under-achieve every year.

Some years they just focking sucked. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That's why he was named to the NFL's, 1st team, all Decade 70's team - thank Gawd you're here to set them straight. :rolleyes:

No need. They already agree with me. :dunno: 

Fine by me. Dallas has had few problems scoring under Garrett. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

not when it really counted

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Be ready for:

* no pre-snap motion - what you see is what you get

* 2 TE,  1 FB, 2 WR sets

* full time FB, see above

* good-bye to 5 wide sets

* running 85% of the time on 1st down - as predictable as the sun rising in the East

* no underneath crossing routes

* 3 yard passing plays on 3rd and 8

Red's stuck in the 90's, think he still has the Triplets - and Eric Williams and Tuinei anchoring the line. This stuff worked back then, not any more. The offensive game has passed him by and he refuses to adapt.

• Haha 1

I don’t know about all that. I know they put a lot of points on the board. Always have under Garrett. Lost Romo and didn’t miss a beat. Hell, got better   

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know about all that. I know they put a lot of points on the board. Always have under Garrett. Lost Romo and didn’t miss a beat. Hell, got better   

I really do wish him well. He's as standup as you'll find  - the kind of guy you'd hope to have as a neighbor, or marry your sister.

On a side note, his wife (Brill), LOVES loves loves NY... Word is she's always wanted to live there.

She's a smart cookie herself (too) - also graduating from Princeton, and later Harvard Law.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I really do wish him well. He's as standup as you'll find  - the kind of guy you'd hope to have as a neighbor, or marry your sister.

On a side note, his wife (Brill), LOVES loves loves NY... Word is she's always wanted to live there.

She's a smart cookie herself (too) - also graduating from Princeton, and later Harvard Law.

George Bush and Obama went to Harvard and Yale. Not impressed. 

Sounds like Dak is pissed about his contract. Maybe the Cowboys take a run at Brady?

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the Cowboys will move on from Dak Prescott.  Jerry is old and desperate as hell.  He just CAN'T ink Dak to a long term deal when he KNOWS the guy isn't a franchise QB.  Besides, McCarthy prefers the dropback passer and Dak excels at play action instead.  It doesn't make sense to hire McCarthy and keep Dak.  Jerry's not an idiot.  But Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Phillip Rivers and even (Case Keenum who grew up in Texas a Cowboys fan) are dropback passers.  I suppose McCarthy could reinvent himself and fall in love with play action but that seems unlikely.

Maybe Jerry is waiting to see what the Raiders do at QB first before deciding.  Maybe they want Carr.  But there's no rumors of the Cowboys wanting Carr.  There are rumors of the Cowboys doing something big in the draft.  Maybe they are trading their 1st for a QB.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, riversco said:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the Cowboys will move on from Dak Prescott.  Jerry is old and desperate as hell.  He just CAN'T ink Dak to a long term deal when he KNOWS the guy isn't a franchise QB.  Besides, McCarthy prefers the dropback passer and Dak excels at play action instead.  It doesn't make sense to hire McCarthy and keep Dak.  Jerry's not an idiot.  But Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Phillip Rivers and even (Case Keenum who grew up in Texas a Cowboys fan) are dropback passers.  I suppose McCarthy could reinvent himself and fall in love with play action but that seems unlikely.

Maybe Jerry is waiting to see what the Raiders do at QB first before deciding.  Maybe they want Carr.  But there's no rumors of the Cowboys wanting Carr.  There are rumors of the Cowboys doing something big in the draft.  Maybe they are trading their 1st for a QB.

Rivers and Keenum are trash - no thanks...... Carr is interesting, I'd consider it.

Jerry is famous for saying, "Deadlines make deals".....Dak will be a Cowboy - one way or the other, he will be.

If for no other reason, Jerry has no other options - Dak controls all the cards...... Slotted at #17, Jerry's too far back to land one in the draft. Even if he ponders moving up, there are at least 6 teams needing QBs too - and no way he gives up multiple #1s to move into the top 3.

I think both sides settle on back loaded deal, with most of the money up front - at an avg. of $38m a year.... If Dak balks, Jerry will Tag him.. and if he does, say goodbye to Amari.

Jerry’s too old to start over. He needs a ring without Jimmy Johnson being the reason. That team JJ built was so good Switzer won one with them. 

I wonder if Jerry is using Emmitt to negotiate thru the media.  Either sign for a large discount or bye Dak.

7 minutes ago, riversco said:

I wonder if Jerry is using Emmitt to negotiate thru the media.  Either sign for a large discount or bye Dak.

Who's paying Dak 40 million per year?  We talk about Dallas being foolish if they do, but where would he sign if Dallas lets him walk?  No one's paying a guy 40 million who couldn't get it done with the best line in football and top 3 running back behind him. Is Dak simply doing a money grab because this is likely his only big contract, or do you think he thinks he's a top QB in the league?  He should sign for around 30 million, which is still probably more than he's worth, and free up the extra 10 mill to sign Cooper. It really puts Dallas in a bad spot. They don't want to lose a top 12-15 QB who has a repoire with the teammates, but they don't want to willingly sign a horrible contract just to keep an above average quarterback. 

I’ll fly down to Dallas and drive Dak to the airport. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

DET cut Snacks Harrison.

Jerry - go GET HIM you fock!

He’s all banged up.  Started showing his wear and tear with the Giants. Pass. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s all banged up.  Started showing his wear and tear with the Giants. Pass. 

He had a pretty good year for being on a bad team last year.

We don't need him to put up #'s - we need him to take up space/blockers.

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

He had a pretty good year for being on a bad team last year.

We don't need him to put up #'s - we need him to take up space/blockers.

If the Giants were looking like a contender I would be glad to see him go to the Cowboys. 

On 2/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the Giants were looking like a contender I would be glad to see him go to the Cowboys. 

Totally understand - my exact sentiments on Jason Garrett and the Giants. 

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

who is "Snacks" Harrison? 

Former Jet/Giant/Det. Lion

6'3", 350 lbs. big ass DT.... something Marinelli was adamantly opposed to, something we've never had. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Totally understand - my exact sentiments on Jason Garrett and the Giants. 

Snark noted and tucked away. And I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but Harrison sucked last year. And he’s kind of a dik as well. 

On 2/23/2020 at 8:04 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Snark noted and tucked away. And I don’t know where you’re getting your info, but Harrison sucked last year. And he’s kind of a dik as well. 

Ditto - I don't know where you're getting your info from either.

* 2019: Snacks accounted for 50 tackles - that ranked him about 11th among DTs.... he was also good for 2 sacks, 3 tackles for loss.

* 2019: DET lead the league in  Defensive snaps - meaning his ass was on the field a lot - that (and playing for a turd) wears on you.

* 2019: Snacks played and started in 15 games. If we get more than 10 starts from a DT around here, it's an act of Gawd - I'll take 15 from a big man. 

Now if you want to argue Harrison isn't worth $XYZ amount of dollars for what he brings - fair enuff, that's another discussion. Last year he pulled $9.2 from DET, but the year before he only got $3.4m from the Giants.. If we could get him for something like $4/5m - I'd be all over it........ Like I said, I don't need him to be all world - don't need him to put up stats... I just need him to be solid, take up space, eat up blockers and clog the middle.