Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I have a betting model that tracks penalty yardage.  The Cowboys are penalized 1.07 yards per play (offense + defense).  Highest in the league.

Raiders are second at 1.01 penalty yards per play.

Least penalized are the Rams with 0.627 penalty yards per play.

Top 5 most penalized

Team Penalty Yards Per Play
Dallas Cowboys 1.071527778
Las Vegas Raiders 1.017277125
Tennessee Titans 0.966327827
Buffalo Bills 0.963070239
San Francisco 49ers 0.945359281

Least Penalized

Team Penalty Yards Per Play
Los Angeles Rams 0.626582278
Green Bay Packers 0.728802153
Cincinnati Bengals 0.730994152
New York Giants 0.762508809
Seattle Seahawks 0.773865415

That Rams number is a staggeringly low amount of penalty yardage.

And it's not just the amount of plays, it's situational on both sides of the ball, it's been going on for many years but ramped up in the last few.

Week 13 ~ Cowboy vs. Saints 

Sloppy game, and instead of the Cowboys, the Saints were the ones with a couple horrible calls.

What a crazy game!   Dak was clearly the worst player on the field today.....

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

How can you last more than twenty seconds listening to those two? 

• Haha 1

not sure what this annoying "Bing-Bong" phrase is all about, but otherwise this rocks...

Week 15 Cowboys @ Giants 

The Dallas Cowboys have now safely made the playoffs every decade of their existence.  The Cowboys have won a playoff game in every decade of their existence except the current one.

• Like 1

This Cowboys team is good...........but greatly limited by the offensive line and yes, Zeke. 

Bcoz of the Zeke re-structure, he's scheduled to count $18.2m against the cap (w/$30m in dead money if he's cut) next year... THEN, in 2 years, when he's even slower and older - he's scheduled to count $16.7m against the cap (w/$11.6m in dead money if cut). I know the cap is schduled to jump dramatically, but still - you don't pay slow, unexplosive, non-hr threat RBs that much money and expect to excel. Oh how sweet would that money be better served up front at LG, C and even LT? 

And don't even get me started on Zuerlein.. that idiot is going to cost this team in the playoffs, you just watch. 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:22 PM, Big Guy said:

not sure what this annoying "Bing-Bong" phrase is all about, but otherwise this rocks...

It could be from the animated film Inside Out. Bing Bong was rileys imaginary friend.  In order to escape the pit of despair, Joy had to ride the wagon rocket while saying bing bong to launch.  So it could reference trying to escape a terrible fate.  A rallying cry.  

• Thanks 1

Copper crying he doesn’t get the ball inthe red zone enough. Wow. Have they had a big problem scoring down there recently? Zeke seems to be scoring. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Here we go again…….

This team is more complete than years past. If GB loses a game and Dallas wins out I think they get the 1 seed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

This team is more complete than years past. If GB loses a game and Dallas wins out I think they get the 1 seed.

They are very good, but as usual with Dallas and their fans, every win is the Super  Bowl, and everyone should be fired after a loss. They’ll be back to complaining about McCarthy soon enough. It’s inevitable. 

Great win 2nite, and great to see this team finally blow out a pig like they should. 

But hold off on the parade just yet. I'm still not convinced this offense is back and good enuff to beat GB, TB or even Zona for that matter.... Huge game Sunday, Dak and the boys have to view it as a must win. 

• Like 1

Week 16 ~ WTF @ Dallas

* NFC East Champions 🏆 before this game was even played

its like they got a playoff spot and immediately all the pressure was off and they could just let their talent flow.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Great win 2nite, and great to see this team finally blow out a pig like they should. 

But hold off on the parade just yet. I'm still not convinced this offense is back and good enuff to beat GB, TB or even Zona for that matter.... Huge game Sunday, Dak and the boys have to view it as a must win. 

That's pretty much what I was saying as the game was going along "THIS, i how it's supposed to go". No drama, just business, a team with talent needing to get back on track beating up one of the many hated division foes.

But nope, not holding off,  this game was one for the ages. This team has the talent and swagger that we haven't seen since the mid 90's. We're as good as any team out there. Sure we can lose our 1st playoff game, but I for one am already happy and proud of their accomplishments, finally all is well in Dallas. 

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

That's pretty much what I was saying as the game was going along "THIS, i how it's supposed to go". No drama, just business, a team with talent needing to get back on track beating up one of the many hated division foes.

But nope, not holding off,  this game was one for the ages. This team has the talent and swagger that we haven't seen since the mid 90's. We're as good as any team out there. Sure we can lose our 1st playoff game, but I for one am already happy and proud of their accomplishments, finally all is well in Dallas. 

Noted 

• Like 1

Wow they’re really good anything short of a Super Bowl win has got to be considered a major crushing disappointment.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Wow they’re really good anything short of a Super Bowl win has got to be considered a major crushing disappointment.

Well the Cowboys aren't really great at stopping the run even on this hot streak, and the Rams have turned into a smash-mouth offense with Sony Michel playing the role of a bruiser that no-one wants to tackle.  The Rams have the talent to play keep-away.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

not at all

22 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Well the Cowboys aren't really great at stopping the run even on this hot streak, and the Rams have turned into a smash-mouth offense with Sony Michel playing the role of a bruiser that no-one wants to tackle.  The Rams have the talent to play keep-away.

Teams Dallas ranks higher in run defense: DEN, INDY, ZONA, BUF, GB, KC, NE. 

Now granted, playing in the NFC East helps - but you can only play who you play. And given the fact this Dallas team is just now, for the 1st time all season, playing with a fully loaded (healthy) front 4 deck - things are looking bright up front. 

I have the top four in the NFC fairly even. Anyine of them can win it. In the AFC I think it’s KC and Buffalo, with the Titans having a chance with a healthy Henry. Playoffs should be fun, especially round 2 in the NFC if no one gets picked off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have the top four in the NFC fairly even. Anyine of them can win it. In the AFC I think it’s KC and Buffalo, with the Titans having a chance with a healthy Henry. Playoffs should be fun, especially round 2 in the NFC if no one gets picked off. 

playoffs could be a total joke too if covid picks off key players.

If the Cowboys win the super bowl, Mike McCarthy will go from being a questionable hire to having an 11 year gap between Lombardi trophies, the largest gap in Super Bowl history.

I can't believe Tyron Smith made the Pro Bowl.  Those voters must vote for Pro Bowl based on name and reputation from 8 years ago.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If the Cowboys win the super bowl, Mike McCarthy will go from being a questionable hire to having an 11 year gap between Lombardi trophies, the largest gap in Super Bowl history.

Yes, however that is a gigantic IF.

22 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

And probably the HOF. Focker has had a charmed life. What’s his record without Favre, Rodgers and Dak?

24 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

playoffs could be a total joke too if covid picks off key players.

Thanks Nostradamus. 

fun fact....

a few weeks ago when the Cowboys played the "Skins.....I think I had a mild heart attack. I know I didn't mention it at the time, but looking back that's probably what it was. I've had pain in my chest and arm before, so I didn't think much of it. I was heavily invested in the game, crazy huh.

So if you don't see me yappin' in here shortly after a Dallas Game, mebbe say a little prayer :) 

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

fun fact....

a few weeks ago when the Cowboys played the "Skins.....I think I had a mild heart attack. I know I didn't mention it at the time, but looking back that's probably what it was. I've had pain in my chest and arm before, so I didn't think much of it. I was heavily invested in the game, crazy huh.

So if you don't see me yappin' in here shortly after a Dallas Game, mebbe say a little prayer :) 

Sorry but I'm rooting for the Cardinals even if it kills ya.  :cheers: 

• Haha 1