Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

Good things happen when you draft well.  Cowboys have a talented roster.  I am not really afraid of Dak necessarily but he has a lot of options to throw to.  If their defense keeps pace they can play with anyone.

I could be talking out of my azz here.  But I think right now Diggs is overrated.  Not in the sense that hr isn't good.  He is a playmaker.  I think you line him up against a top QB and WR and he gets toyed with.  He does have elite ball skills however.  Will probably blossom into an elite cover guy.   But right now I would lick my chops if he wants to go 1 on 1 with Adams.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Good things happen when you draft well.  Cowboys have a talented roster.  I am not really afraid of Dak necessarily but he has a lot of options to throw to.  If their defense keeps pace they can play with anyone.

I could be talking out of my azz here.  But I think right now Diggs is overrated.  Not in the sense that hr isn't good.  He is a playmaker.  I think you line him up against a top QB and WR and he gets toyed with.  He does have elite ball skills however.  Will probably blossom into an elite cover guy.   But right now I would lick my chops if he wants to go 1 on 1 with Adams.

Agree. I think Adams/ Rodgers or Brady and AB or Evans set this guy up and pop him at some point.  They won’t be running away from him. Lesser Qb’s will though. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Agree. I think Adams/ Rodgers or Brady and AB or Evans set this guy up and pop him at some point.  They won’t be running away from him. Lesser Qb’s will though. 

His stats are really bad outside of the takeaway.   Hey I love a guy who can make a game changing turnover.  But it looks like he sacrifices every down coverage in hopes for making those plays.  

There are only 2 CBs who have been targeted more this year.  

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry but I'm rooting for the Cardinals even if it kills ya.  :cheers: 

blood on your hands 🤣

The wrap on Diggs is just, the skepticism warranted. Anthony Brown routinely out-grades Diggs most games. He can be thrown on,  is by no means a shut-down anything. 

That being said, be careful what you wish for. Like most Crimson Tide standouts, things just happen when he's around the ball. Call him lucky, call it freakish timing, call it whatever - the kid is a playmaker, he's instrumental in creating TOs. 

1st things 1st though - Zona and Murray scares me, we need to take care of biz there and then worry about everyone else. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

The wrap on Diggs is just, the skepticism warranted. Anthony Brown routinely out-grades Diggs most games. He can be thrown on,  is by no means a shut-down anything. 

That being said, be careful what you wish for. Like most Crimson Tide standouts, things just happen when he's around the ball. Call him lucky, call it freakish timing, call it whatever - the kid is a playmaker, he's instrumental in creating TOs. 

1st things 1st though - Zona and Murray scares me, we need to take care of biz there and then worry about everyone else. 

I am generally low on the Cards and have been skeptical all year on them.  Talent.  Murray is good but not elite.  

That said today feels like a good game.  I am thinking about taking Cards +6 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  

Diggs is good enough to ballhawk, which puts him in the top 5% of cbs. Not quite Deion, Champ or Talib, but who is? Maybe in 3 years he will be. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Diggs is good enough to ballhawk, which puts him in the top 5% of cbs. Not quite Deion, Champ or Talib, but who is? Maybe in 3 years he will be. 

Ehhh.  I dont want to trash the guy because I am not saying he sucks.  But the numbers say he gets many picks being selfish and risky.

He is on pace to give up most yards of any CBs in last 16 years.  He has most penalties of any cb.  He gives uo over 18 yards a catch.  

He is not a top 5% cb at least right now.

Love this kid......and Trevon's cool too!

forgot to post this....

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Jets are up 14 on Tampa Bay.

Your believed in the Jets. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Jets are up 14 on Tampa Bay.

Were

Time for a new focking kicker! :mad:

• Like 1

Antonio Brown will be a Cowboy by Tuesday. It was always meant to be. 

Ouch. if MM doesn't call that TO, he might have challenged that no call on the fumble.  I think that ball was loose.

39 minutes ago, kutulu said:

D stepped up, Dak didn't

Dr. Dakyl & Mr. Hide

( I wrote that......no one else, all mine! ) 😁

As Dak goes, so do the Cowboys

AZ wanted / needed it more, they pretty much kicked our ask. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Cardinals! 

:pointstosky:

Fock them and their stupid mascot / persona 

IMO today....

the Cards played about an 8 out of a possible 10

the Cowboys played a 4 or a 5

Week 17 Cardinals @ Cowboys 👎

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Fock them and their stupid mascot / persona 

IMO today....

the Cards played about an 8 out of a possible 10

the Cowboys played a 4 or a 5

NFC East is abysmal.  The Cowgirls would be a .500 team at best in the NFC West.  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Antonio Brown is rested and available. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Antonio Brown is rested and available. 

no thanks

On 12/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, Cruzer said:

That being said, the offense is still a worry - major worry.. Part of it is the overrated offensive line, the other - Zeke.... And let's not forget the QB - his $40m ass isn't pulling his weight. Idk if he's hurt or what - what I do know is he's not right, not playing like the Dak of early weeks. 

On 12/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, Cruzer said:

But hold off on the parade just yet. I'm still not convinced this offense is back and good enuff to beat GB, TB or even Zona for that matter.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, Cruzer said:

On 12/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, Cruzer said:

This Cowboys team is good...........but greatly limited by the offensive line and yes, Zeke. 

Bcoz of the Zeke re-structure, he's scheduled to count $18.2m against the cap (w/$30m in dead money if he's cut) next year... THEN, in 2 years, when he's even slower and older - he's scheduled to count $16.7m against the cap (w/$11.6m in dead money if cut). I know the cap is schduled to jump dramatically, but still - you don't pay slow, unexplosive, non-hr threat RBs that much money and expect to excel. Oh how sweet would that money be better served up front at LG, C and even LT? 

And don't even get me started on Zuerlein.. that idiot is going to cost this team in the playoffs, you just watch. 

This guys knows his boys...

Just an abysmal performance, gutless and pathetic. This Cowboys team is heading for a 1-and done in the postseason, and it won't be bcoz of the defense.. Between a $40m QB who all of the sudden can't hit the broadside of an (open) barn, to an offensive line that if not for holding would sux at everything, to a slow/non-explosive $15m RB to WRs who can't seem to get separation or catch........ Then, the rare times we do get in scoring position - the kicker shiits the bed. 

Props to the Birds tho - they came out hungry and out-schemed, outplayed Dallas. The Ward catch???? Good grief, just sick. Their defense, nasty. Little #2, incredible.. and least not, Murray - the dude was awesome, made plays and throws like a true pro. 

Shaping up like a rematch in Rd. 1 - Dak and co. have 2 weeks to get their assses wired. 

Do the Cowboys have anything to play for Week 18? Gane was flexed to Saturday night. Eagles can move up a spot with a win and 49ers loss.

I saw Diggs gets smoked by old slow AJ Green early in the game.  

Terrible CB with good ball skills.

And once again, a cluster of timely bull$hit calls. But it's not just the calls against us, it's the NON calls on them. I'm not sure how many times the Cards were penalized for holding, but I saw holds by them on at least every other play. 

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-point-fingers-at-officiating-in-loss-to-cardinals?fbclid=IwAR0OcQUMXLMLZeREWlaIacsHItHuE7xnis9VuisZW_h4DXGzMg8O2jvixro

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

And once again, a cluster of timely bull$hit calls. But it's not just the calls against us, it's the NON calls on them. I'm not sure how many times the Cards were penalized for holding, but I saw holds by them on at least every other play. 

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-point-fingers-at-officiating-in-loss-to-cardinals?fbclid=IwAR0OcQUMXLMLZeREWlaIacsHItHuE7xnis9VuisZW_h4DXGzMg8O2jvixro

Lol

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Hey. Those crappy refs you’re always barking about don’t start sucking when they do a Cowboys game. It’s like complaining about the weather at this point. It rains on everyone.