Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Pelosi Playing Politics

For those paying attention, Dems/Libs are conceding they don't mind spending the money 5.7 or 25 billion on border security. They just balk at letting a wall be built. Why? Why are they arguing about how the money is being spent? It's money that's still being spent.

They'd rather spend that money on electronic surveillance that detects but doesn't stop the illegals from entering the country? Why? Because the current injunction states those caught have to be released INTO the country i.e. same difference if they are undetected. Only something that prevents them from getting onto U.S. soil will help stop the flow. A wall is the only such option. Everything else permits them to cross and get access to the country to maintain the drain on the country.

It's very telling to those with their eyes open.

25 billion? Yeah right. Try 250B for a wall that size and then another 5 billion a year for maintenance.

This is my problem as well.

5.7 billion to improve the fence and build some sections in the wall, great.

Spending 50+ billion on the entire wall, no thanks.

Out of 4+ trillion. It's like building a great $4,000,000 house and the wife is giving you sh!t for wanting an extra $1,000 on the fence in the backyard.

:doh:

This is my problem as well.

5.7 billion to improve the fence and build some sections in the wall, great.

Trump is asking for 5B, Pelosi hasn't really made an offer yet. 5B is kind of chump change, and should have been easy to accommodate. Politics.

Out of 4+ trillion. It's like building a great $4,000,000 house and the wife is giving you sh!t for wanting an extra $1,000 on the fence in the backyard.

Use that 50 billion to subsidize new nuclear power. Cost of energy goes down which helps manufacturing and lowers people cost of living so they can spend more money boosting the economy.

It would be like spending 80,000,000 on a house and 20,000 on solar panels.

Use that 50 billion to subsidize new nuclear power. Cost of energy goes down which helps manufacturing and lowers people cost of living so they can spend more money boosting the economy.

It would be like spending 80,000,000 on a house and 20,000 on solar panels.

Haven't you been listening? Nuclear power is also dirty power according to the Sierra Club, 350.org, et al.

Havent the Dems already passed / been passing bills that include various funding for border security? The only thing theyre excluding is the wall.

So, Trump is failing because he only wants a wall and is ignoring other aspects of border security that people agree matter. The Dems are ignoring the wall/fence/barrier item completely even though the people tasked with border security say that it is an element that is needed.

Both are just as dumb.

Its more like your wife demands $1000 for tea caddies and throw pillows and threatens to immediately stop having sex until you buy them.

If you cave this will be the negotiating tactic every time she wants something.

For those paying attention, Dems/Libs are conceding they don't mind spending the money 5.7 or 25 billion on border security. They just balk at letting a wall be built. Why? Why are they arguing about how the money is being spent? It's money that's still being spent.

They'd rather spend that money on electronic surveillance that detects but doesn't stop the illegals from entering the country? Why? Because the current injunction states those caught have to be released INTO the country i.e. same difference if they are undetected. Only something that prevents them from getting onto U.S. soil will help stop the flow. A wall is the only such option. Everything else permits them to cross and get access to the country to maintain the drain on the country.

You ignore something very important. Trump wants $5.7B today for the wall and he will hold the country hostage until he gets it. Next year, he will want $50B for something else that is frivolous and will hold the country hostage.

Your eyes are open, but your head is so far up Trump's ass that you can't see.

• Like 1

Have the dems done the logical step and asked border patrol what they think they need and if they want the wall ?

Do they take their wants/needs into consideration ?

Shouldn't they ?

Have the dems done the logical step and asked border patrol what they think they need and if they want the wall ?

Do they take their wants/needs into consideration ?

Shouldn't they ?

Do they want a 35-foot Wall that Mexico pays for too?

It's tough to link to common sense, history of being involved in government contracts, and decades of government mismanagement.

So your post was just a huge exaggeration devoid of facts. Thanks!

You ignore something very important. Trump wants $5.7B today for the wall and he will hold the country hostage until he gets it. Next year, he will want $50B for something else that is frivolous and will hold the country hostage.

Your eyes are open, but your head is so far up Trump's ass that you can't see.

Address the other points I raised. There's no valid reason to agree to spend the money but dictate it can't be used for keeping them out of the country.

ETA: It's not a matter of blindly supporting Trump. I outlined letting them cross then apprehending them only results in letting them go anyway. That's the point you're arguing. How is spending 25 billion to just turn around and let them go ANY focking better than building a wall that MIGHT make them go elsewhere?

Address the other points I raised. There's no valid reason to agree to spend the money but dictate it can't be used for keeping them out of the country.

ETA: It's not a matter of blindly supporting Trump. I outlined letting them cross then apprehending them only results in letting them go anyway. That's the point you're arguing. How is spending 25 billion to just turn around and let them go ANY focking better than building a wall that MIGHT make them go elsewhere?

Not sure that I need to address your points. I already stated that we need to spend some money on wall/fencing/barriers along with addressing the processing for people claiming asylum, adding technology for detection, etc.

The solution is not just building a wall (Trump's position), but it does include walls as part of the solution (which the Dems are stupidly fighting).

Not sure that I need to address your points. I already stated that we need to spend some money on wall/fencing/barriers along with addressing the processing for people claiming asylum, adding technology for detection, etc.

The solution is not just building a wall (Trump's position), but it does include walls as part of the solution (which the Dems are stupidly fighting).

I apologize for lumping you in with others blindly opposed to a wall. :cheers:

Even a Starbucks barista would know why your proposal is a non starter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Youre right. I was just brainstorming and didnt really think about it before posting it. Sorry I said what I said.

Youre right. I was just brainstorming and didnt really think about it before posting it. Sorry I said what I said.

WTF? We have compromise on re-opening the government and you are apologizing to MDC.

The Apocalypse is upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your post was just a huge exaggeration devoid of facts. Thanks!

Well it's not a fact until it happens, no? That's how predictions work.

"The patriots are going to win the super bowl."

"Your statement is devoid of facts!"

Remember that time Hitler didn't get what he wanted from the lower chambers and quietly accepted it?

Well it's not a fact until it happens, no? That's how predictions work.

"The patriots are going to win the super bowl."

"Your statement is devoid of facts!"

Dumb

Could be because five billion dollars for a specific number of additional immigration judges and specific equipment to detect drugs coming across points of entry it's not a bottomless pit. The wall is.

The only reason Trump wants a wall is as a monument to himself.

Trump blinked apparently. I hope he declares a national emergency when this spending bill runs out.

McConnell apparently told him more Sens were about 13 seconds from defection.

Plus, Trump has wood for a National Address.

Its all good, thank you. :cheers:

Could be because five billion dollars for a specific number of additional immigration judges and specific equipment to detect drugs coming across points of entry it's not a bottomless pit. The wall is.

The only reason Trump wants a wall is as a monument to himself.

The wall keeps the majority of them on the outside looking in. The Dems want to ensure their future constituents make it across in time for 2020 General election.