Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Pelosi Playing Politics

Same. I remember my dad telling me we were about to cross into a new state and being confused that I didn't see a fence or something.

Almost like your inherently born knowing border walls work. Crazy.

25 billion? Yeah right. Try 250B for a wall that size and then another 5 billion a year for maintenance.

Sure.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/24/ted-cruz-michael-bennet-senate-government-shutdown-debate-vpx.cnn

Senator Bennet just destroys Cruz in this clip.

A couple things to understand. Leaving out partisanship.

Bennett is known as one of the mildest mannered, quite as guys in the Senate. also, Cruz has benefit of a microphone. Which is why he can only stand there. Bennett white away from his microphone and that's why you have such a mr. Smith kind of moment where he's incredibly animated and passionate.

From listening to people who actually in the chambers, Bennett basically filled the chambers with his voice with very little microphone assistance.

Again, regardless of partisanship, it's a pretty Hollywood moment. Usually these clowns sit there and read from prepared text just to get the verbiage on the Senate record. You barely see something this passionate or real. Especially from the quietest guy in the room.

If Coast Guard members are killed during shutdown, their families won't get benefits

By Alex Marquardt, CNN

Updated at 8:41 PM ET, Thu January 24, 2019

Play Video

Coast Guard head: Members relying on food pantries 02:17

Washington (CNN) While members of the Coast Guard continue to risk their lives on deployment during the government shutdown, the service says it will not be able to provide death benefits to their families should they be killed in the line of duty. Retirees and their families will also be affected due to a lack of funding as long as the shutdown drags on.

Families of US Coast Guard members killed in active service will not receive a one-time death benefit payment, as long as the partial government shutdown continues, according to Lt. Cmdr. Scott McBride, a spokesperson for the service. Nor will retirees, McBride added, along with the next of kin of retirees who were paying into an insurance plan.

McBride told CNN that while retirees and their next of kin are due to receive their benefits on February 1, they will not if the shutdown drags on.

A shame dems blocked a deal to pay those coast guard guys.

Pretty selfish and ignorant of them.

Everything the Dem's do is selfish and ignorant. They're the biggest hate group in the country.

A shame dems blocked a deal to pay those coast guard guys.

Pretty selfish and ignorant of them.

Democrats want people to hurt because fock Trump

Trump called for the shutdown NOT the Democrats.

The blame for anyone not getting paid properly falls on Trump, period.

The Democrats are not here to fix what Trump messed up.

No one wants a stupid wall that can be scaled, blown through or dug under.

The only thing it will stop is wildlife.

What is needed is proper boarder defense, not a wall that is unmanaged and vulnerable.

The shutdown needs to end so people can go back to work and get paid.

You're only taking this stance because you are not truly affected.

• Like 1

What is needed is proper boarder defense, not a wall that is unmanaged and vulnerable.

So the wall in El Paso, all that does it stop wildlife?

Trumps risking his current presidency and re-election to do right by the people that voted for him. Liberals dont want a wall and why should he give a fock what any of you want anyway? Nothing he could do would make someone like you vote for him anyhow.

Trump campaigned on building a wall. He's trying to keep his word.

The blame falls on Congress for endlessly kicking this can down the road. That's Republicans and Dems (moreso on Repubs).

ALL of Trump's supporters want a wall. Support for it across the spectrum is growing.

The wall is a deterrent; nothing more.

Agree the shutdown needs to end. Where is Congress? Taking a long weekend.

No, those opposed to the wall are only taking that stance because Trump wants it. Dems were for it before they were against it.

Facts..........inconvenient?

Wasnt Mexico supposed to pay for the Wall? Why didnt Trump try to force his Wall through when the GOP had the House and Senate? And why doesnt he declare a national emergency?

Youre being played people.

the people that do the job of border security want it

Get educated before you blab your ignorance

-- Shutdowns should not be legal, period, by anyone.

-- The Republicans are trying to make a way for people to get paid... then Democrats are stopping that. That's the Democrats fault, not Trump.

-- No, they're here to prevent him from fixing things that previous politicians have messed up for decades.

-- That's why we want a bigger wall than that can't be scaled. Don't remember anyone blowing through what's currently there... can't imagine why they'd start now. Increased security is also a part of the wall to help against it being dug under.

-- I don't think that's a substantial issue.

-- No one ever said that the wall was going to be ignored after it was built.

-- We agree.

-- No, it's because we believe in common sense and logic.

Trump campaigned on building a wall. He's trying to keep his word.

The blame falls on Congress for endlessly kicking this can down the road. That's Republicans and Dems (moreso on Repubs).

ALL of Trump's supporters want a wall. Support for it across the spectrum is growing.

The wall is a deterrent; nothing more.

Agree the shutdown needs to end. Where is Congress? Taking a long weekend.

No, those opposed to the wall are only taking that stance because Trump wants it. Dems were for it before they were against it.

Facts..........inconvenient?

Elections have consequences

:dunno:

I tried. I'm out.

:bench:

Fox tells you that the Democrats voted to not pay people. They didn't. They voted against a measure that would re-open the government AND fund the wall. The Dems posed a different measure that would re-open government, but not fund the wall, but the Republicans did not vote for that. So, based on the logic of the Trumptards here, the Republicans did not want these people to be paid.

In reality, no one wants to budge on the Wall question and it is holding the country hostage. Blame both the Republicans and the Democrats, not just one group.

Trump should just tell the Dems he will appoint a moderate or slightly left leaning judge when ol Ruthie kicks the can. Now thats a good hand to play.

Trump should just tell the Dems he will appoint a moderate or slightly left leaning judge when ol Ruthie kicks the can. Now thats a good hand to play.

Why would they believe a compulsive liar who changes his mind like normal people change socks?

Why would they believe a compulsive liar who changes his mind like normal people change socks?

Because thats your best chance at getting a judge that is even slightly liberal. Hes got many outs. Trump will take the W on this one too.

Because thats your best chance at getting a judge that is even slightly liberal. Hes got many outs. Trump will take the W on this one too.

Trump wont appoint a librul judge in exchange for Wall funding. Lol.

:dunno:

I tried. I'm out.

:bench:

Oh peenie. You should know better. This is not the place to disagree with anything trump does. The trumpettes will come at you en masse.
  • Like 1

How do you know?

Because that would be stupid. Control of SCOTUS is more important

Because that would be stupid. Control of SCOTUS is more important

Couldnt make a deal behind the scenes to appoint a judge they both mutually agree on to get it done?

How do you know?

Because thats the stupidest shiit Ive ever heard. :doh:

Because thats the stupidest shiit Ive ever heard. :doh:

Making a deal that potentially makes both sides happy? Yeah I guess it was wishful thinking

Making a deal that potentially makes both sides happy? Yeah I guess it was wishful thinking

They could make a deal in 30 seconds that would make both Reps and Dems happy. Provide $6B for border security, but only earmark $2B for more walls. Rest for better technology, processing of requests, port of entry improvements, etc. Both sides could claim victory and spin it in their favor.

Big question is whether Trump would take it. I am not so sure. :dunno:

• Like 1

As CDub said the SCOTUS nomination is vastly more important to Reps and Dems than $5.7b of a Wall. No POTUS is giving the opposition party a promise to nominate a justice theyll like in exchange for that.

They could make a deal in 30 seconds that would make both Reps and Dems happy. Provide $6B for border security, but only earmark $2B for more walls. Rest for better technology, processing of requests, port of entry improvements, etc. Both sides could claim victory and spin it in their favor.

Big question is whether Trump would take it. I am not so sure. :dunno:

Today probably not. My guess is the shutdown extends into mid / late February and Trump ends up accepting this type of deal as his support craters.

As CDub said the SCOTUS nomination is vastly more important to Reps and Dems than $5.7b of a Wall. No POTUS is giving the opposition party a promise to nominate a justice theyll like in exchange for that.

Still trying to figure out what is stupid about it though. All options should be considered when we are in uncharted territory like this. You all just like to argue and score points. You personally are on a two year losing streak where it seems you cant get anything right. Now go grab me a coffee and stfu.

Still trying to figure out what is stupid about it though.

For starters a SCOTUS nominee is way more valuable to Trump than $5.7b in Wall funding and theres no way to promise Dems that he will nominate a judge they will like whenever RGB dies.

:doh:

Still trying to figure out what is stupid about it though. All options should be considered when we are in uncharted territory like this. You all just like to argue and score points. You personally are on a two year losing streak where it seems you cant get anything right. Now go grab me a coffee and stfu.

There is a reason they are hiding the dead body of RBG. Controlling the SC is the only defense we have against the crazy liberal policies put forth by Cali and NY.

Today probably not. My guess is the shutdown extends into mid / late February and Trump ends up accepting this type of deal as his support craters.

If the Dems were smart, they would do just what I proposed. Might even pass. If they show that they are:

- in support of Border security improvements including barriers that are part of the solution

- in support of using people, process and technology to solve some of the border problems

- in support getting the government back to running by reaching across the aisle in the spirit of compromise

- and POTUS and/or Republicans are willing to sacrifice all of that for just a Wall (or a $5.7B Wall)

then the people will see that perhaps they may need to take that into consideration when they vote next year.

For starters a SCOTUS nominee is way more valuable to Trump than $5.7b in Wall funding and theres no way to promise Dems that he will nominate a judge they will like whenever RGB dies.

:doh:

Ill take a medium roast with a splash of French vanilla and two raw packs of sugar. None of the Splenda sh!t.

If the Dems were smart, they would do just what I proposed. Might even pass. If they show that they are:

- in support of Border security improvements including barriers that are part of the solution

- in support of using people, process and technology to solve some of the border problems

- in support getting the government back to running by reaching across the aisle in the spirit of compromise

- and POTUS and/or Republicans are willing to sacrifice all of that for just a Wall (or a $5.7B Wall)

then the people will see that perhaps they may need to take that into consideration when they vote next year.

Havent the Dems already passed / been passing bills that include various funding for border security? The only thing theyre excluding is the wall.

There is a reason they are hiding the dead body of RBG. Controlling the SC is the only defense we have against the crazy liberal policies put forth by Cali and NY.

I said liberal but I actually meant more of a moderate judge that both sides could agree on. I see what you mean though, just trying to think outside the box a little.

Ill take a medium roast with a splash of French vanilla and two raw packs of sugar. None of the Splenda sh!t.

Even a Starbucks barista would know why your proposal is a non starter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Link?

It's tough to link to common sense, history of being involved in government contracts, and decades of government mismanagement.