Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Virginia first lady handed out cotton to African-American children on slave cottage tour

Full Story

First lady of Virginia Pam Northam handed cotton to young African-American children on a tour of the governor's mansion and asked them to imagine being slaves in the fields, the mother of one of the children alleged.

Leah Dozier Walker, a state employee who is the director of the Office of Equity and Community Engagement at the Virginia Department of Education, wrote to Pam Northam's office on Monday alleging that on a tour for state Senate pages, the first lady spoke in the mansion's kitchen cottage -- where slaves used to work -- and gave black pages, including Walker's eighth grade daughter, pieces of cotton. Walker's daughter has said she did not take the cotton.

These two are comedy gold...maybe a joke about having a James Earl Ray day could be next.

First piece of bull crap that jumped out at me was the idea that the governor's wife only handed out cotton to the black kids. I would guarantee you that's not true. I'm sure if there were any white kids or Asian kids or whatever there, all the kids got cotton. It's just black lady trying to make things seem even worse.

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

First piece of bull crap that jumped out at me was the idea that the governor's wife only handed out cotton to the black kids. I would guarantee you that's not true. I'm sure if there were any white kids or Asian kids or whatever there, all the kids got cotton. It's just black lady trying to make things seem even worse.

From the article, seems like this is the real story...but that's a lot less funny than:

Pam Northam:  Hey kids, who wants to see and experience a hot box, how about you Shaniqua?

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The white kids were handed whips.

40 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Nope, she only gave it to the black kids.  Reparations and all.  :o 

I'm surprised cotton candy is still acceptable and not causing protests country wide. Bunch of vagina hats running around carnivals screaming at the white straight children who are eating it. MSM screaming about it's racially driven context.

Years ago two black guys were talking and one of them asked the other how it was going and his response was "high cotton", the other guy was like ...WTF???

And, having actually picked cotton in my lifetime, knew exactly what it meant so I translated " everything is golden".....

The other guy was like..."well, i am offended....".....but not at me....at the OTHER FOCKING BLACK GUY......  😂

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Seems weird, but was it meant as a historical learning experience?  I need more context.

Weird? She's out of her cotton-picking mind!

8 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Years ago two black guys were talking and one of them asked the other how it was going and his response was "high cotton", the other guy was like ...WTF???

And, having actually picked cotton in my lifetime, knew exactly what it meant so I translated " everything is golden".....

The other guy was like..."well, i am offended....".....but not at me....at the OTHER FOCKING BLACK GUY......  😂

So is that because when it's high cotton you don't have to bend over to pick it, so it's much easier? 

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Weird? She's out of her cotton-picking mind!

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Now wait a cotton-picking minute! :mad:

We got it the first cotton-pickin time!

Leah Dozier Walker, a state employee who is the director of the Office of Equity and Community Engagement at the Virginia Department of Education, wrote to Pam Northam's office on Monday alleging that on a tour for state Senate pages, the first lady spoke in the mansion's kitchen cottage -- where slaves used to work -- and gave black pages, including Walker's eighth grade daughter, pieces of cotton. Walker's daughter has said she did not take the cotton, although she did admit to taking Northam's wallet and cell phone.

• Haha 1

So what?

I did a similar tour when I was a kid. Hell, we even picked a little cotton. Even my parents generation would miss school to help pick the cotton. My dad talks about how it cuts up your hands.

It's education about the past. I'm sure she wasn't like, get back to work you focking picaninnies or anything. 

Hell, many of the kids probably didn't know that cotton comes from a plant. 

You know why there is cotton in pill bottles?

To remind them they were slaves before they became drug addicts.

Oh man Im burning in hades.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

You know why there is cotton in pill bottles?

Because pills are dangerous and this way only the black people will know how to access them?