Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Game of Thrones ***Official Season 8*** April 14, 2019

19 hours ago, edjr said:

🙄

Right. Sure. Burn down the city for no good reason.  Make sure to burn down every last bit of the city, before going after where Cersei was. 

Looked to me Cersei's tower only had one window looking over the city, why not fly up behind and burn that tower 1st :wall:

This show has done what I thought no other show could do and had a worse final season than Lost.

Fock right off.

This X1000.   And....they made you wait what like 18 months to finish this sheet show off?    I'm enjoying the visuals..and that's it.  The story went poof.......oh well.

Just like LOST.....If you liked the characters,...then the ending was all good...If you wanted story, sorry...sucks to be you.   

Every year there are those discussions about great endings and bad endings....There is no question GOT will end up  in the bad ending category every year.  

16 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This X1000.   And....they made you wait what like 18 months to finish this sheet show off?    I'm enjoying the visuals..and that's it.  The story went poof.......oh well.

Just like LOST.....If you liked the characters,...then the ending was all good...If you wanted story, sorry...sucks to be you.   

Every year there are those discussions about great endings and bad endings....There is no question GOT will end up  in the bad ending category every year.  

I wouldn't say it's a bad ending. It could have been done better. But it's ok. At least we get an ending, unlike HBO usually does. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I wouldn't say it's a bad ending. It could have been done better. But it's ok. At least we get an ending, unlike HBO usually does. 

I'd have rather they just cut to black :mad:

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Agreed.  It's been fine, not sure what people expected.

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed.  It's been fine, not sure what people expected.

For a show that prides itself on not being predictable, that's what they gave us? 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

For a show that prides itself on not being predictable, that's what they gave us? 

Burning down Kings Landing was predictable?

Not sure I agree, the writing has obviously taken a hit since they've been off the books.  I've yet to stop enjoying it though, the show still has no equal.

• Like 1

Hopefully the next act of madness Daenarys performs is forcing Sansa to strip naked and go down on her. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Hopefully the next act of madness Daenarys performs is forcing Sansa to strip naked and go down on her. 

That would be unpredictable and I would enjoy it.  Great way to wrap up an awesome show.

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Burning down Kings Landing was predictable?

Yup. They took every liberty to show us she was going to go insane and burn it all down

And I love how fire makes a brick building explode on impact.

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yup. They took every liberty to show us she was going to go insane and burn it all down

I don't feel like watching the final episode.  Can you let me know what happens?  TIA

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

Dragon fire is much hotter than regular fire and also magical. 

https://www.quora.com/Is-dragon-fire-more-powerful-than-normal-wildfire

I said the show was going to turn to trash as soon as they announced a specific end date 2 seasons in advance and said there would only be 13 more episodes TOTAL. It was going to be rushed to tie up all these story lines. 

While the battle with the night king was fun (minus arya being his killer) the entire showdown should have been it's own season, culminating in that battle as a usual penultimate episode. Then, kings landing and the irn throne could have been the final season. 

The storyline of Jon and Dany did not get the attention it deserved. There would have been so much more discussion and so much more involved in Varys' attempt to flip to Jon. 

Sundays episode was probably the worst of the entire series. Important characters getting cheesy or throwaway deaths.

Sad ending to a great show

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I said the show was going to turn to trash as soon as they announced a specific end date 2 seasons in advance and said there would only be 13 more episodes TOTAL. It was going to be rushed to tie up all these story lines. 

While the battle with the night king was fun (minus arya being his killer) the entire showdown should have been it's own season, culminating in that battle as a usual penultimate episode. Then, kings landing and the irn throne could have been the final season. 

The storyline of Jon and Dany did not get the attention it deserved. There would have been so much more discussion and so much more involved in Varys' attempt to flip to Jon. 

Sundays episode was probably the worst of the entire series. Important characters getting cheesy or throwaway deaths.

Mhmmm

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I can get on board with all of this.  :thumbsup:

Also, after spending a bit of time basically failing her training as a faceless man in bravos, Arya blindly beats that sidekick girl, comes back t westeros and is the most deadly assassin in the world who expertly kills and wears the face of old dude Frey, knows how to talk like him and kills the whole house? Then gets to kill the night king?!? WtF 

I'm all for surprises but at least crippled Bran could have killed him... since.... you know.... their storylines were actually tied together. But no. Let's have Arya deliver the killing blow. It's only her first ever encounter with the army of the dead story.

:mad:

• Like 1

For some of you, there is no ending that would satisfy you.  I get it though, the show set very high standards.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

For some of you, there is no ending that would satisfy you.  I get it though, the show set very high standards.

I went back through some of the old GOT threads and some posters commented they didn't like Battle of the Bastards. So yeah, someone is always gonna b1tch :D

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's not over yet, so that's not true.

the last 3 episodes have been horrible. the 1st 2 were great

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

I went back through some of the old GOT threads and some posters commented they didn't like Battle of the Bastards. So yeah, someone is always gonna b1tch :D

Yup.  That's how this place rolls.

24 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Also, after spending a bit of time basically failing her training as a faceless man in bravos, Arya blindly beats that sidekick girl, comes back t westeros and is the most deadly assassin in the world who expertly kills and wears the face of old dude Frey, knows how to talk like him and kills the whole house? Then gets to kill the night king?!? WtF 

I'm all for surprises but at least crippled Bran could have killed him... since.... you know.... their storylines were actually tied together. But no. Let's have Arya deliver the killing blow. It's only her first ever encounter with the army of the dead story.

:mad:

Thankfully she didn't take out Cersei.

28 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup.  That's how this place rolls.

That's how the internet rolls. 

36 minutes ago, Reality said:

All I wanted was an ending that was properly fleshed out and not rushed. I don't think thats an outlandish wish as someone who has been watching since day 1

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That's how the internet rolls. 

It's almost like different people like different things. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It's almost like different people like different things. 

:o

47 minutes ago, Reality said:

Fair enough, but that doesn't justify this BS. Everyone is lambasting the writing. Notice people don't complain about the visuals ( other than ep3) the score or the acting. The plot and writing have been absolutely terrible. Only the biggest fan boys can defend what this show has become. For everyone else with a brain there is no debate about how bad the story has become.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Fair enough, but that doesn't justify this BS. Everyone is lambasting the writing. Notice people don't complain about the visuals ( other than ep3) the score or the acting. The plot and writing have been absolutely terrible. Only the biggest fan boys can defend what this show has become. For everyone else with a brain there is no debate about how bad the story has become.

Preach it!

I think Ramsay Bolton said it best ""If you think this is going to have a good ending you're going to be very disappointed"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I would have been so angry.  :cry:

The rumor is she’s going to take out Dany. This whole saga of ice and fire represent the two big kills she makes. 🤮

I swear if this the ending that Martin had planned, I’m going to rip out the pages of all his books, and use them to wipe my a$$ for the next few years.

It has to be Jon that kills her. Executes her actually. And he will be the one to swing the sword after he passes the sentence, just like Ned taught him. 

8 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

The rumor is she’s going to take out Dany. This whole saga of ice and fire represent the two big kills she makes. 🤮

I swear if this the ending that Martin had planned, I’m going to rip out the pages of all his books, and use them to wipe my a$$ for the next few years.

Fat old bastard can't even finish his books anyway. They are just loosely following his noyes for the past 3 seasons or so right? Song of fire and ice means so many things, I think.

As for the arya "rumor", I think many or most came to that conclusion based on her being the one in hhe midst of all the innocents dying and having already warned Jon that they didn't trust her. 

Personally, I hope Tyrion does it after realizing Jaime didn't make it out, Dany doesnt ever listen to him and Varys was correct and he had him killed.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Fat old bastard can't even finish his books anyway. They are just loosely following his noyes for the past 3 seasons or so right? Song of fire and ice means so many things, I think.

As for the arya "rumor", I think many or most came to that conclusion based on her being the one in hhe midst of all the innocents dying and having already warned Jon that they didn't trust her. 

Personally, I hope Tyrion does it after realizing Jaime didn't make it out, Dany doesnt ever listen to him and Varys was correct and he had him killed.

Wouldn't mind Tyrion doing the deed. After he rapes her of course. Haven't had a good ol' raping on the show for quite awhile. 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

The reasoning is that whole horse scene. 

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-arya-the-horse-theory-from-game-of-thrones-is-so-bonkers-it-just-might-be-true-17870166

I hope John gives Danerys a real good dikking, and then stabs her in the neck. As she gurgles on blood, she reaches up and pulls off her face, revealing that it's really Arya.

Realizing that he just banged and killed his sister, John drinks a vial of poison. The poison doesn't do the whole job, leaving John severely retarded.

Cut to Bran sitting on the iron throne amidst the rubble, wargged into a raven.

Cut to the raven, watching Sansa rubbing one out in a bath tub.

Fade to black.

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

Fade to black.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

And sayin that...The scene with Tyrion and Jaime....Little man Peter Dinklage should get a frickin emmy for that scene alone.  That guy can act.