Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Happy Father's Day

I got three kids. Two are out of college, and the youngest graduates next year. My two girls are taking me out for breakfast. My son is in Florida. I will see him in August.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day to you too.      :cheers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

You old basturds... 🙂

Wife took me out for a Father's Day Brunch...  kids are at her sisters for a few weeks.  Had to stop for sustenance.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/plainsmouse/Mobile Uploads/20190615_115337_zps6e22swen.jpg

She’s way too hot for you. Then again my wife is way too hot for me. :dunno:

Happy Father’s Day. :cheers:

• Like 1

Down in Portland for son's college graduation. Only bummer is the timing, as I'll be missing the annual Washington Brewers  Beerfest that is always held on Father's Day weekend.  :(

To make up for it my son and I are heading to a taproom near his new apartment. 

:cheers:

• Like 2

At my sisters house right now. Everyone came over for Father’s Day. Swimming, drinking, eating, playing some card game. Was a good day. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MDC said:

She always has been... way out hit my average on that one.

Happy Father's day to all my geek friends. I hope all the dads get a chance to see their kids. And if you're lucky enough to still have your father alive, do whatever it takes to go see him. 

• Thanks 1

This is my first one.  Going out to brunch in a few minutes.  Then going to putz around in the garage/yard all afternoon.

The wife bought me a Weber Smokey Mountain, so I'll get that seasoned up with some cheap fatty meat.

• Like 1

Having a 3 generation Father's Day today.  My parents drove cross country from Upstate NY to Portland - - insane, I know - - for my son's college graduation.

My wife better not give me sh1t for drinking today at the after party. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

Having a 3 generation Father's Day today.  My parents drove cross country from Upstate NY to Portland - - insane, I know - - for my son's college graduation.

My wife better not give me sh1t for drinking today at the after party. :)

Are they afraid of flying or did they make a cross country vacation out of it?

24 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Are they afraid of flying or did they make a cross country vacation out of it?

Nah, they just prefer driving.  A couple times while flying out at Xmas time they got screwed on connections due to weather so they like to just make a long trip out of it.   I at least got them to start using the magical Google Maps on the smartphone they just finally switched to. 

2 hours ago, Drizzay said:

This is my first one.  Going out to brunch in a few minutes.  Then going to putz around in the garage/yard all afternoon.

The wife bought me a Weber Smokey Mountain, so I'll get that seasoned up with some cheap fatty meat.

Yessss. Let me know how that turns out. I’ve been eyeing one of those and thinking about getting one 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Nah, they just prefer driving.  A couple times while flying out at Xmas time they got screwed on connections due to weather so they like to just make a long trip out of it.   I at least got them to start using the magical Google Maps on the smartphone they just finally switched to. 

my parents were so proud of themselves a few years ago when they couldn't wait to tell me about waze :lol:

41 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

my parents were so proud of themselves a few years when they couldn't wait to tell me about waze :lol:

It's funny. The graduation is being held in the Moda Center (where Trailblazers play) so my Dad asked my wife for the address.  She looks it up and he starts writing it down on a piece of paper.  I then showed him how to just search for it in Google Maps.  He was going to manually type the full address into Google Maps!  Baby steps.  Baby steps. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Ironically enough he's the smartest muthafocka (literally) I know. Retired computer engineer, so he's not retarded when it comes to technology.  Just a late adopter of anything more expensive than a simple flip phone. 

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yessss. Let me know how that turns out. I’ve been eyeing one of those and thinking about getting one 

So far, I love it, and I haven't even eaten anything off it!

Check out the Heater Meter and Roto Damper.  A couple of guys put together a blower/temperature controller mods for the WSM out of a Rasberry Pi and some other parts.  It is supposed to make the smoking process much easier.  Plus i am kind of a computer/electronics nerd, so I am excited to solder the parts together.  I have both on order, and hopefully they show up before next weekend.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:18 AM, MDC said:

On 6/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, mmmmm...beer said:

She always has been... way out hit my average on that one.

Chicks like responsible guys like us even if they look like you two. ;)

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Chicks like responsible guys like us even if they look like you two. ;)

:lol: :cheers:

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

:lol: :cheers:

So you are online and posting but you don't want to answer my reply to the accusations your made about me you made in another thread? And many other threads? If you need a link, I forward it in this thread.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bro your thanos pic is fricking awesome

also I look more injun than you

Yup... my old man's parents were fresh off the boat from germany.