Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Another win for the good guys

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

LOL  There are ass hole bakers that won't give her the same rights that you and I have, but she's the bad American. 😆

When did creamed-filled c0ck cakes become a right?

Just now, vuduchile said:

When did creamed-filled c0ck cakes become a right?

I wasn't aware that's the kind of cake they wanted. Link?

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

LOL  There are ass hole bakers that won't give her the same rights that you and I have, but she's the bad American. 😆

First off, it's a "specific item(s)" she can't get there.  They will serve her otherwise.

Second, she doesn't have a "right" to their service.  NO ONE does.  Not even straight people.

Third, if she thinks her "rights" are more important than their actual rights, then yes, she's the bad American.

Another thing that ticks me off on this kind of issue is that if a homosexual couple went into a Muslim owned bakery, they'd get the exact same treatment, yet, mum on that.

• Like 1

They probably pushed it a little too far when they requested the "scissoring chicks" cake topper. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hahaha.  Yes, because people should have to go from shop to shop hoping that the owner decides he'll sell to you that day. That wouldn't bother you at all. Anyone complaining is simply an attention hore.  Got it.

CNN should have to report good news about trump.  That's what I want, how dare they deny me that right. Why should i have to change the channel ?

• Haha 1

if I went to a Faeg wedding and the cake was shaped like an ass, I wouldn't eat it. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

First off, it's a "specific item(s)" she can't get there.  They will serve her otherwise.

Second, she doesn't have a "right" to their service.  NO ONE does.  Not even straight people.

Third, if she thinks her "rights" are more important than their actual rights, then yes, she's the bad American.

If you can get a wedding cake there, and I can get a wedding cake there, but she can't because she's gay, then she is being deprived a right that others have. Why are you having trouble with that simple concept?

I wouldn't even care so much, but there's another thread about a gay soccer player who isn't joining her teammates when they sing the national anthem, and some of the replies in there are hilarious. They hope she blows out both ACLs. Some hope the US doesn't win the gold because of it. ROFL. It's no different than when players were kneeling. White privileged idiots who have never once faced discrimination,  making accusations of those who live it every day of their lives.

When racism and bigotry no longer exist, either will the protests. Either be a part of eliminating bigotry or STFU when people protest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hahaha.  Yes, because people should have to go from shop to shop hoping that the owner decides he'll sell to you that day. That wouldn't bother you at all. Anyone complaining is simply an attention hore.  Got it.

That's not what's happening.  They aren't denying them all service, just a specific service that goes against their religious beliefs... the religious beliefs that this country was founded on.

1 hour ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Does MDC stand for Make Dic Cake? 

No. It stands for Munch on Dic Cake.

• Haha 1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not what's happening.  They aren't denying them all service, just a specific service that goes against their religious beliefs... the religious beliefs that this country was founded on.

The country was founded on no homosexuals?  Link?

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

If you can get a wedding cake there, and I can get a wedding cake there, but she can't because she's gay, then she is being deprived a right that others have. Why are you having trouble with that simple concept?

I wouldn't even care so much, but there's another thread about a gay soccer player who isn't joining her teammates when they sing the national anthem, and some of the replies in there are hilarious. They hope she blows out both ACLs. Some hope the US doesn't win the gold because of it. ROFL. It's no different than when players were kneeling. White privileged idiots who have never once faced discrimination,  making accusations of those who live it every day of their lives.

When racism and bigotry no longer exist, either will the protests. Either be a part of eliminating bigotry or STFU when people protest.

The lesbos are the bigots in this story. 

HTH

Its absolutely not a right, its an opportunity for service, the owner has no obligation to serve anyone he chooses not to, not sure why that's so hard to understand, its his business.

I refuse business sometimes, but not on the basis of religious or political beliefs. That's just not smart biz IMO.  However, I support any private enterprise who wants to deny goods and service to anyone based on whatever reason they decide.  If they're not smart enough to figure out how to do it without creating a sh!tstorm, then they have to take their medicine.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

The simple concept that you're not getting is that NONE OF US has a "RIGHT" to their service.

People who with these players harm as azzholes, I don't condone that.  I'm simply saying that the bakery (or any store), owner has rights under the constitution to practice their religions.  People DO NOT have the right to force their "views" on other peoples' "rights". 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

The country was founded on no homosexuals?  Link?

Nope, on religious freedom.

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

Its absolutely not a right, its an opportunity for service, the owner has no obligation to serve anyone he chooses not to, not sure why that's so hard to understand, its his business.

If he's using religion to hide behind instead of admitting he's a hateful bigot, then I wonder if he has a problem with people who cheat on their spouse.  That's a no-no too.  In this mythical religion thing.  For some reason, I bet the bakers let that one slide.

I would have a problem if they denied to sell or make them a cake. I have no problem with them refusing to make a cake decorated in a theme they find objectionable. I think that's pretty fair to both sides. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nope, on religious freedom.

Religion. ROFL. When it's used for convenience and without consistency, religion is even more ridiculous than it already is.

Why do you lie?

Just now, The Observer said:

If he's using religion to hide behind instead of admitting he's a hateful bigot, then I wonder if he has a problem with people who cheat on their spouse.  That's a no-no too.  In this mythical religion thing.  For some reason, I bet the bakers let that one slide.

Should A Muslim chef should be forced to make me pork chops ? 

I would imagine the baker would refuse to bake a I bang hoes on the side cake, but I have not seen a report that confirms. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Seems like the crux of this thing is basically what happens in the case of a tie?  Religious freedom (which is what TBay is referring to), or gender, or orientation, or race?  What's the pecking order when all are protected rights?  Who decides which religion is right and which is wrong? 

That's very possible, I doubt adultery comes up in cake ordering.

Lets be honest here, both parties here are just grandstanding for the sake of grandstanding.

There are a thousand different ways the owner could have justified not making the came and there are a thousand other cake shop options out there for the couple to choose from.

We all know homosexuality is just a big trojan horse with pedophiles hiding inside. We should be denying them a lot more than just some focking cake. 

Religion. ROFL. When it's used for convenience and without consistency, religion is even more ridiculous than it already is.

That's you're opinion and welcome to it.  Doesn't make you right.  I have no problem with people practicing their religion.  ANY religion.

18 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Because that's what any normal non attention starved adult would/should do ?

I don’t think many people would accept being denied service because of who they are without complaint. 

So much wrong with this comment.  Anyway, does this white SJW shtick pandering to multiple minority groups get you more girls or more money or what is the benefit?

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

So much wrong with this comment.  Anyway, does this white SJW shtick pandering to multiple minority groups get you more girls or more money or what is the benefit?

Back off, he is orange. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Seems like the crux of this thing is basically what happens in the case of a tie?  Religious freedom (which is what TBay is referring to), or gender, or orientation, or race?  What's the pecking order when all are protected rights?  Who decides which religion is right and which is wrong? 

There is no pecking order.  NO ONE has the RIGHT to force service.  If the bakers don't want to sell, they don't have to.  Period.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

There is no pecking order.  NO ONE has the RIGHT to force service.  If the bakers don't want to sell, they don't have to.  Period.

Yep. It should be a stalemate, but it seems like some folks prefer to think their protected rights are more important than the protected rights of others.  Seems more than a little hypocritical to me. Don't get me wrong, I am firmly in the camp that religion causes way more problems then it solves, but hey it's your right to practice what you believe in. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The State, whether it's a State or the Federal gov't. can enact legislation that enables private suits (and they always seem to carry an award of attorney fees) for discrimination along many different lines or differing characteristics.  It forces someone to toe that particular line or face financial ruin (in many cases).  While there is a clause in the Constitution that mentions a right of free association, it has been ignored for approximately 150 years.

Someone mentioned that a business can make their own choices which could ultimately result in lost sales.  That "gender gap men pay more cafe" comes to mind.  Interesting that they went out of business with that decision, but hey those are the risks of sticking to your guns I guess. 

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's you're opinion and welcome to it.  Doesn't make you right.  I have no problem with people practicing their religion.  ANY religion.

When Christians/evangelists decided to support Trump, it destroyed the tiny bit of credibility that it had left. It'll be fun to see how they cover-up the Trump years after he's gone to try to make it seem like they believe in goodness, sanctity of marriage, honesty, again.  Going to be very amusing to watch.

Bake the cake bigot. And send your kids out here so they can watch my husband strap a d1ldo to his forehead and give me a lap dance.

Afterwords the tranny over there is going to get dressed up and read a tranny book to them. 

If you don't like it, to focking bad! We want equilty, acceptance and if you refuse we'll drown you in legal fees.

• Like 1

When Christians/evangelists decided to support Trump, it destroyed the tiny bit of credibility that it had left. It'll be fun to see how they cover-up the Trump years after he's gone to try to make it seem like they believe in goodness, sanctity of marriage, honesty, again.  Going to be very amusing to watch.

Should a Muslim chef be forced to make my pork chops ? 

You guys should read up on public accommodations and equal rights. Private business owners don’t have a right to refuse service to anyone they want for whatever reason. 

LOL

You should have a long and interesting discussion with your current girlfriend about this.  Tell us how it goes.