Sign in to follow this  
Smileseers

Could Antonio Brown have CTE??

https://dailysnark.com/almost-all-of-antonio-browns-issues-started-after-sustaining-head-injury-from-vontaze-burfict/

Antonio Brown has emerged from a humble young WR into one of the most diva, baggage-carrying players in the NFL. Could it be the stardom that’s brought it on? One fan thinks he can point it to one certain play.

Reddit user DemonSlyr007 noticed that almost all of Brown’s asinine off-the-field issues took place after the brutal hit that he sustained at the hand of then Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict in the Steelers Wildcard game on 1/9/16.

It took a few years but these are the effects from that vontaze burfict hit

Interestingly enough, Burfict is now Brown’s teammate on the Raiders.

The source notes that Brown has been in this league since 2010 and yet the large issues didn’t start until after December of 2016.

With the increased talk about concussions and CTE, it’s not clear if any early onset health issues have actually been the cause of some of the behavior that have lead to these issues, but it is interesting nonetheless.

It was Burfict who pulled AB away from Mike Mayock today.  Aaron Hernandez had the worst CTE ever recorded and did  several things out of character before murdering.  In 2015 AB took a high school football team to see the Will Smith movie  Concussions.

I'm not rushing into judgement as I think there could be a serious mental reason for his  behavior.  

There is no doubt in my mind that if the raiders release brown and don't pay anything, that brown is clearly going to play that angle in court.

Whether he has CTE or not shouldn't matter.  Raiders shouldn't have to pay him for his outrageous behavior and clearly threatening behavior.

In a weird way I hope it’s cte that explains his behavior otherwise he’s just an A-hole. No professional getting paid that kind of money should act like that. It’s not normal behavior, there has to be some misfiring neurons going on in his head.

i see more and more reports quoting reddit users as sources to substantiate articles. at first i thought it was a joke but it seems to be a growing trend. not sure if its better than anonymous league source or not just wondering who allowed it?

24 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

He's an angry entitled star NFL player with leverage. Nothing more  

I dunno if he had a history of erratic behavior I’d say yes but this kind of behavior has just started over the last couple years. There’s more to it then just being a diva.

52 minutes ago, mark32esu said:

I dunno if he had a history of erratic behavior I’d say yes but this kind of behavior has just started over the last couple years. There’s more to it then just being a diva.

No. There is nothing more to it. 

No doubt.   You don’t go from quiet and reliable to psychotic like this.  

10 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

He's an angry entitled star NFL player with leverage. Nothing more  

Yep - like everything else these days, jackwad behavior gets blamed on "mental illness" or some other fabricated nonsense.  Blah blah blah.  So tired og it.  Everyone has some condition, some mental illness, some disability.  Enough.  AB is a piece of garbage.  Period.  Were done here.

Just give him Zoloft and Wellbutrin and he'll be fine.... 🙄

1 minute ago, RoadLizard said:

Yep - like everything else these days, jackwad behavior gets blamed on "mental illness" or some other fabricated nonsense.  Blah blah blah.  So tired og it.  Everyone has some condition, some mental illness, some disability.  Enough.  AB is a piece of garbage.  Period.  Were done here.

Just give him Zoloft and Wellbutrin and he'll be fine.... 🙄

i know where you are coming from.  but this situation seems beyond anything rational.  not trying to make excuses

They all do. Every single football player has cte. Watch and see. 

That being said. I really think he just does not want to play for gruden. I would not be surprised to see him force his way out to play for another team he already has in his mind. 

51 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

They all do. Every single football player has cte. Watch and see. 

That being said. I really think he just does not want to play for gruden. I would not be surprised to see him force his way out to play for another team he already has in his mind. 

if that is his angle - it's going to be VERY COSTLY for him to move elsewhere....

1 minute ago, cavern said:

if that is his angle - it's going to be VERY COSTLY for him to move elsewhere....

For who? If the raiders suspend him and cut him they lose about a million bucks and then the draft picks.  Brown will then find a team that will sign him to much the same deal...because nfl teams are filled with egomaniacs that think they can control other egomaniacs  

40 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

For who? If the raiders suspend him and cut him they lose about a million bucks and then the draft picks.  Brown will then find a team that will sign him to much the same deal...because nfl teams are filled with egomaniacs that think they can control other egomaniacs  

obviously noone knows the future, but i would be SHOCKED if someone else paid similar money after this most recent episode

So he cried before the team today.  

Anyone thinks his guy doesn’t have mental damage via CTE at this point is naive. 

• Haha 2

Kent thank you.  

I brought this topic to life to spark a conversation. 

I could not agree with you more.

How Jordan Reed is allowed to play after his 7th recorded concussion shows that the rug has more crap to be swept under it.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

So he cried before the team today.  

Anyone thinks his guy doesn’t have mental damage via CTE at this point is naive. 

Dude.  His behavior started LONG before Burficit laid him out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-saga-troy-polamalu-reportedly-among-steelers-who-had-issues-with-wr-back-in-2012/

• Thanks 1

yes

23 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I’ve had experience with people that are bipolar, and from my experience AB is exhibiting classic signs of bipolar disorder. 

Right.  No way this is CTE since his problems started LONG before Burficit hit him.

• Like 1

Well, this thread looks quite dumb.  AB played everyone and got what he wanted.  To be clear, I think it was ridiculous, but he obviously had his own agenda that he worked masterfully.