Jump to content
Pearmiser

D Adams. news?

Recommended Posts

Any news if he plays this week?  My best backup is G Tate, who I don't want to play but have to make the decision TH.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pearmiser said:

Any news if he plays this week?  My best backup is G Tate, who I don't want to play but have to make the decision TH.  

With Shepard concussed, I would just start Tate on Thursday and not worry about Adams this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turf toe, even if he playes, he’s going to suffer. 

That’s a tough one to come from and to be as productive as he was in the past.  

Trade him now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Turf toe, even if he playes, he’s going to suffer. 

That’s a tough one to come from and to be as productive as he was in the past.  

Trade him now. 

lol trade him now.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of return would "Weepaws" be looking for in a Devante Adams trade?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 6:03 AM, Canadianfan said:

lol trade him now.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of return would "Weepaws" be looking for in a Devante Adams trade?   

Don’t own him, but as a said, if I did I would trade him, he’s not playing again. 

Turf toe is no joke. 

Nut now the time to trade him as passed, his value now is nothing, we’ll atleast to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t own him, but as a said, if I did I would trade him, he’s not playing again. 

Turf toe is no joke. 

LOL

It's not fun, but players don't usually go on IR from Turf Toe, either.  It's just a ligament strain from hyperextending the toe.  If he had torn the ligament completely and required surgery, then it would be a little more serious--but he didn't.

He'll play again soon... probly miss 2-3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

LOL

It's not fun, but players don't usually go on IR from Turf Toe, either.  It's just a ligament strain from hyperextending the toe.  If he had torn the ligament completely and required surgery, then it would be a little more serious--but he didn't.

He'll play again soon... probly miss 2-3 weeks.

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not playing again was for this weekend. 

Not for the entire season. 

Turf toe is no joke, but also no ir. 

But the performance level of a player playing with turf toe well be limited based on that person ability to play with the discomfort and pain related to that Injury. 

I would have had him on the trade block when it was announced that he had that type of injury. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, unclemercy said:

weepaws over here with a hacksaw ready to amputate man geez.

Wanna do a bible study? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, weepaws said:

He’s not playing again was for this weekend.

Ok, you meant "again, he's not playing," and I read it as you wrote it--"he's not playing again."  Fair enough.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wanna do a bible study? 

You wouldn't like it if we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, unclemercy said:

weepaws over here with a hacksaw ready to amputate man geez.

Lol Have to admit that was funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, you meant "again, he's not playing," and I read it as you wrote it--"he's not playing again."  Fair enough.

You wouldn't like it if we did.

I already axe you if you wanted to participate in one, and I would love it.  

Plant another seed 

Hey thanks for the reply 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinesprings said:

i have Davante and JuJu.....its been a banner season. geez....the odds

You want to hear about the odds against bad luck?  Last year I had 46 total leagues; 18 were managed leagues and the rest were Draft Master leagues.  The following were my most common player targets, with the number of leagues in which I owned them in parentheses.

Greg Olsen (40) - Played through his foot injury in 7 games; appeared in 2 more where he got hurt right off the bat.

Larry Fitzgerald (35) - Suffered through pretty much the worst season of his 15-year career with bad QBing.

Pierre Garcon (35) - Averaged 7 pts per game through 8 games, then out for the rest of the season.

Jay Ajayi (34) - Averaged 13 pts per game through 3 games, went down for the season in Week 4.

Chris Thompson (32) - Top 10ish PPR RB through the first month, then he got hurt and played sporadically the rest of the season.

Jordan Howard (31) - Matt Nagy turned a top 10ish RB into a barely top 20 RB.

Jack Doyle (28) - Got hurt in Week 2 and Eric Ebron went on to 13 TDs.  (Played in 4 mid-season games and got hurt again.)

Carlos Hyde (26) - Top 12 RB through 6 weeks with Cleveland, then was traded into obscurity.

Demaryius Thomas (20) - Put up disappointing, but still WR3 numbers through Week 8, then was traded into obscurity.

Jordy Nelson (19) - Never really clicked with Carr.

Doug Baldwin (17) - Never really got right from his preseason ankle injury.

Marshawn Lynch (15) - Averaged 16 pts per week through 4 weeks, 2 more scrubby weeks, and went out for the season.

Marvin Jones (15) - Out for the season after 9 games.

Kelvin Benjamin (14) - Suffered through one of the worst years for an NFL offense in recent memory, then was traded into obscurity.

Devonta Freeman (13) - Got hurt in Week 1, tried to play Week 4, out the rest of the season.

Dalvin Cook (10) - Missed 5 weeks of October.

I LIVED on the waiver wire, having to replace one or two key players after another, seemingly every week all season long.  And of course all the losses in the Draft Master leagues couldn't be remedied--no waivers or trades in those.  I think I cashed in 3 managed leagues last season (and won none), and did not cash in any Draft Master leagues.  It was pretty much the low point of Axe Elf's 25 year fantasy football career.

Back to kicking butt this year, thankfully, but 2018 was brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

i have Davante and JuJu.....its been a banner season. geez....the odds

Me too!  I doubt I could trade them away and I can't even cut them because they're on ESPN's undroppable list, at least last I checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats awful drafting youve been exposed. am surprised only that you had running backs under 30 years old tho thats a real breakthru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Me too!  I doubt I could trade them away and I can't even cut them because they're on ESPN's undroppable list, at least last I checked.

It is what it is. the sad thing is most would criticize and say you drafted Davante, JuJu, Kittle, Rodgers .....I bet your running backs stink. Actually, no. Ekeler, Mccoy 2game stretch, James White, chris thompson gave me good/decent production and was a strength. My top four picks were/are my weak spot in ppr. 

I also have AJ green and Kareem Hunt waiting in the wings. I honestly thought this was one of my best drafts. Im an idiot. 2-4 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×