Jump to content
edjr

Can someone explain this NBA/Chiner thing?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Either you are “woke” or you are not.  This half pregnant stuff is laughable.  That’s the point.   

People will protest freaking Chick-Fil-a because the CEO is “Christian”.  Then that night order in Chinese food or go to an Indian buffet.  Lolz

It’s as if they don’t know how gheys are treated around the world.

This “woke” culture isn’t truly principled.  They pick and choose based on politics.

I don't like your example. It may be a chain or just a local mom and pop outfit, either way, China and India don't own that Chinese food and Indian food restaurant. Looking Chinese doesn't make you sympathetic to the government of China. Chances are the very high that the immigrant owners love and respect America far, far more than the left-tard protesters born locally and crapped out of the public school system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Reality said:

Neutral? They aren't neutral, they picked sides and now they are massive hypocrites.

to stay neutral they need to discipline anyone who uses them as a platform for politics.  where they run into problems is pulling the all star game from charlotte for political purposes but ban someone for speaking out on HK.  but again that stems from a conservative base that refuses to fight back more than anything else.  they can pull a game from charlotte because they arent afraid to upset the right.   and thats why the alt right is gaining traction because of the sense that mainstream right wingers are total pussies.

it gets to revolt and the right wing.  conventional wisdom is that to generate a revolt among the right wing, the moderate right wing are pussies and will whine and complain but never fight so eff them.  instead, build a war machine out of right wing outlaw biker gangs, militias, alt right groups, and foreign armies and shove it hard up the lefts ass.  and the moderate right that refuses to fight might get crapped on too.  which is why i say, many here ought to get a passport and leave if civil unrest breaks out because youll likely be identified as weak moderate right wing men that wont fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don't like your example. It may be a chain or just a local mom and pop outfit, either way, China and India don't own that Chinese food and Indian food restaurant. Looking Chinese doesn't make you sympathetic to the government of China. Chances are the very high that the immigrant owners love and respect America far, far more than the left-tard protesters born locally and crapped out of the public school system.

Good point.  Those Indian and Chinese owners “may” not have anti ghey personal beliefs.

Maybe we should ask all restaurant owners their personal views on abortion or ghey marriage or if they are republicans so we can adequately gauge whether we should eat there or not.

Personally I don’t care.  If the food is good I’ll eat there.  Of course you won’t find me protesting or standing in the middle of highways either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Good point.  Those Indian and Chinese owner “may” not have anti ghey personal beliefs.

Maybe we should ask all restaurant owners their personal views on abortion or ghey marriage or if they are republicans so we can adequately gauge whether we should eat there or not.

Personally I don’t care.  If the food is good I’ll eat there.  Of course you won’t find me protesting or standing in the middle of highways either.

This. I neither know nor care the political views of the businesses I frequent. Hell, living in China, I doubt we agree on much of a damn thing most of the time. 

People need to quit making politics so focking important in their daily life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line.

If the Steve Kerrs, Greg Popovich’s, LeBron James and the NBA were TRULY principled....they would NOT be playing games in China.....like they pulled the All Star game out of NC over something 10 times less “offensive”.

Its not about being “woke”.  It’s politics and money.  Period.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

People need to quit making politics so focking important in their daily life. 

Preach.

And to add, I’m astonished at how little people know about their local governments.  We had a mayoral election here in Raleigh and only 9% of residents voted.

This is the city you live in for crying out loud.  It’s probably more important to your day to day life than anything in D.C.

Dummies.  This blood vs crips in National Politics is madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riversco said:

to stay neutral they need to discipline anyone who uses them as a platform for politics.  where they run into problems is pulling the all star game from charlotte for political purposes but ban someone for speaking out on HK.  but again that stems from a conservative base that refuses to fight back more than anything else.  they can pull a game from charlotte because they arent afraid to upset the right.   and thats why the alt right is gaining traction because of the sense that mainstream right wingers are total pussies.

it gets to revolt and the right wing.  conventional wisdom is that to generate a revolt among the right wing, the moderate right wing are pussies and will whine and complain but never fight so eff them.  instead, build a war machine out of right wing outlaw biker gangs, militias, alt right groups, and foreign armies and shove it hard up the lefts ass.  and the moderate right that refuses to fight might get crapped on too.  which is why i say, many here ought to get a passport and leave if civil unrest breaks out because youll likely be identified as weak moderate right wing men that wont fight.

What's to get so riled up about? Give Trump another term and put RBG and Breyer in a coffin and the skies are blue and the birds are chirping

I just want big tech companies to stop censoring content and promote a cultural groundswell in support of traditional western values and against woke PC culture and I'm happy as could be. I don't want to go shoot up leftists, or start a civil war, I want them voted out of office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

What's to get so riled up about? Give Trump another term and put RBG and Breyer in a coffin and the skies are blue and the birds are chirping

I just want big tech companies to stop censoring content and promote a cultural groundswell in support of traditional western values and against woke PC culture and I'm happy as could be. I don't want to go shoot up leftists, or start a civil war, I want them voted out of office.

unfortunately solving it peacefully is extremely unlikely (unless the left magically become tolerant of right wing values)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left is intolerant but they are also pussies.

If it ever came down to a civil war, it would be over in 72 hours.

Point being, let them squeal like infants, they are harmless and ineffective, their social media rants are ancient history in 20 minutes or less.

Go vote and help your local pro MAGA groups to organize for 2020. 300+ EVs is nearly guaranteed if Dems continue current path. MAGA just has to reach enough people and they will vote for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Either you are “woke” or you are not.  This half pregnant stuff is laughable.  That’s the point.   

People will protest freaking Chick-Fil-a because the CEO is “Christian”.  Then that night order in Chinese food or go to an Indian buffet.  Lolz

It’s as if they don’t know how gheys are treated around the world.

This “woke” culture isn’t truly principled.  They pick and choose based on politics or in the NBA’s case.....costs them money.

Oh I detest the “woke” crowd and social justice warrior types. Do not get me wrong. All I’m trying to say here is I appreciate that Silver was willing to stand up to China where others have not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IGotWorms said:

Oh I detest the “woke” crowd and social justice warrior types. Do not get me wrong. All I’m trying to say here is I appreciate that Silver was willing to stand up to China where others have not.

What other choice did he have? He has no power or ability whatsoever to make a player stop saying things about Hong Kong. If he tried, it would make the story much bigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What other choice did he have? He has no power or ability whatsoever to make a player stop saying things about Hong Kong. If he tried, it would make the story much bigger. 

You’re probably right but so what? Regardless of motives that is the strongest I’ve seen some multinational Corp stand up to China. Google tucked and ran, so did Facebook and Apple. Hell Apple is damn near a Chinese company now. So it may be self-motivated but I’m glad somebody finally told them to fock off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re probably right but so what? Regardless of motives that is the strongest I’ve seen some multinational Corp stand up to China. Google tucked and ran, so did Facebook and Apple. Hell Apple is damn near a Chinese company now. So it may be self-motivated but I’m glad somebody finally told them to fock off

You're overstating what they did. And their social media forum actually in China is saying something different than what they are saying here. You're a bit too eager to heap praise on them. I'd wait. Billions are at stake here, for the players as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Holy christ. I just watched it. Somebody should be kicking my door down momentarily. But that was awesome. 

I don't smoke weed and I liked it. Not enough Cartman and Kyle wtf was up with that? That Band was Stan, Ringo, Ringo, and Ringo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all love capitalism, but sucking off a market the size of China to make sure you keep their business is general capitalist logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

We all love capitalism, but sucking off a market the size of China to make sure you keep their business is general capitalist logic. 

?

Capitalism

NOUN
  1. an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t agree with the NC “bathroom bill” but it was stupid of the NBA to pull the all star game from Charlotte and the league opened itself up to charges of hypocrisy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy about this. Especially Kerr, Popavich and Lebron. They can go ahead and shut up now.  Forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

We all love capitalism, but sucking off a market the size of China to make sure you keep their business is general capitalist logic. 

Yeah you wouldn’t be serving your shareholders’ bottom line by telling the biggest customer base in the world to fock off. And that’s all anyone really cares about anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean remember how tough it was to get businesses to stop investing in South Africa during apartheid?

Thats the world’s 37th largest economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is priceless, the board socialist are backing Socialist Communism over Capitalism. Remember when they told us their form do Socialism was different. Now this situation becomes the fault of capitalism. 

It is not the system, it is the scum inside the system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

This is priceless, the board socialist are backing Socialist Communism over Capitalism. Remember when they told us their form do Socialism was different. Now this situation becomes the fault of capitalism. 

It is not the system, it is the scum inside the system. 

I don’t have an issue with capitalism, I think it is the best economic system. I just think it’s unfortunate how we’ve elevated it to the status of religion with shareholder returns trumping everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t have an issue with capitalism, I think it is the best economic system. I just think it’s unfortunate how we’ve elevated it to the status of religion with shareholder returns trumping everything

A lot of people who hate how corporations are too worried about shareholder returns think that if we somehow got rid of that model, we would replace it with increased concern for the customer or the environment etc.  In reality, it would be replaced with more concern for the owners profits and corporations would be even LESS sensitive to the needs of the customer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

This is priceless, the board socialist are backing Socialist Communism over Capitalism. Remember when they told us their form do Socialism was different. Now this situation becomes the fault of capitalism. 

It is not the system, it is the scum inside the system. 

Nice reading comprehension. Aside from explicitly using the word "we" before "love capitalism", the entire point of my comment was mocking people throwing hissy fits about businesses looking out for their pocketbook and not some greater moral good when most of the same people are obsessed with the evils of communism. Then again, I'm pretty sure you were one of the people who wanted Trump to be able to pull the communist power move of forcing privately owned American companies not to deal with certain markets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't keep up anymore, so much crazy

 

What's funny and quite mad as well as common is the absolute hypocrisy of the left when it comes to Capitalism and American Patriotism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re probably right but so what? Regardless of motives that is the strongest I’ve seen some multinational Corp stand up to China. Google tucked and ran, so did Facebook and Apple. Hell Apple is damn near a Chinese company now. So it may be self-motivated but I’m glad somebody finally told them to fock off

Funny you don't give Trump any credit for standing up to them. He's only the president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Funny you don't give Trump any credit for standing up to them. He's only the president. 

Actually I did when he started. At this point it seems like his pissing match trade wars haven’t accomplished anything but an effective stand against China would certainly be laudatory.

Of course, since you’re so concerned with human rights and so forth I’m sure you’d agree it’s concerning that he’s cozied up to autocrats like Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin and Erdogan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Actually I did when he started. At this point it seems like his pissing match trade wars haven’t accomplished anything but an effective stand against China would certainly be laudatory.

Of course, since you’re so concerned with human rights and so forth I’m sure you’d agree it’s concerning that he’s cozied up to autocrats like Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin and Erdogan.

No more than any of our prior presidents. Actually less in most cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No more than any of our prior presidents. Actually less in most cases. 

Wow, that’s bullsh1t and you know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow, that’s bullsh1t and you know it.

 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow, that’s bullsh1t and you know it.

He hasn't been nearly as flexible as Obama. Or as incompetent as Bush. Or Obama 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

 

He hasn't been nearly as flexible as Obama. Or as incompetent as Bush. Or Obama 

It really makes you wonder why so many woke people hate America. I wish they would just focking leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China has 1.4 billion people/customers they buy sneakers . The US has 330 million. Nike is a 40 billion dollar a year corporation. The NBA is 8 Billion. Nike controls the NBA, not the other way around. Mystery solved. The NBA and all their SJW yapping takes a backseat to profit. Kerr comparing human rights violations in China to anything going on in the US is laughable. Exposed for the frauds they are. Play your stupid game, get rich and stfu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×