Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Would you have made it through school with the "new" rules?

Probably not.  My son got in trouble last year for "bullying" during his sophomore year.  The incident involved him calling another kid ghey or something similar.  He also was making fun of this particular kid, so one of his teachers (and another who was helping out in the class) referred him to the principal's office.  

The dumbass teacher didn't realize that it was his best friend.  They play football together, hang out all the time, go to Sunday school together and this kid was out to dinner with us the night before.  They both sh!t on each other all the time.  The principal knew this, told them to knock it off in front of the snowflake teachers and to get out of his office.  :wall:

Good thing they didn't call me in to talk to the principal.  :mad:

Between what words can't be said, gestures that can't be used and the availability of social media I would have had a pretty tough time.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Between what words can't be said, gestures that can't be used and the availability of social media I would have had a pretty tough time.

Yup.  You can't even make the "OK" sign anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

That one is really stupid.  Luckily I don't know anyone who finds it offensive.

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Some South Carolina players were doing that Saturday. I thought it might be because Georgia was #3, but I don’t know. 

26 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They both sh!t on each other all the time.  

I wold be ok with a suspension in that case. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frank said:

I wold be ok with a suspension in that case. 

If it’s being done at school, yes. If it’s around dinner time at Pats house or at church, the school should stay out of it.

35 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Probably not.  My son got in trouble last year for "bullying" during his sophomore year.  The incident involved him calling another kid ghey or something similar.  He also was making fun of this particular kid, so one of his teachers (and another who was helping out in the class) referred him to the principal's office.  

The dumbass teacher didn't realize that it was his best friend.  They play football together, hang out all the time, go to Sunday school together and this kid was out to dinner with us the night before.  They both sh!t on each other all the time.  The principal knew this, told them to knock it off in front of the snowflake teachers and to get out of his office.  :wall:

:nono:

you can't go to church if you are ghey! 

I survived the Army.

No, I'm not speaking of death, the Iraqis would lose a war against a scary looking dungbeatle. I'm speaking of excessive butthurt retardation from juvenile a$$hole Army leadership that couldn't be any worse than these PC freaks infesting school today.

13 hours ago, Strike said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kansas-13-year-old-girl-who-pointed-finger-gun-classmates-n1064991

If this is a felony, they would have locked me up and thrown away the key.

:wall:

So does this mean Bender in the Breakfast Club should be picked up and charged with a felony for doing that to Brian while they were in the library? Or is that the director who goes to prison for that? Or both I'm guessing.

3 hours ago, sderk said:

So does this mean Bender in the Breakfast Club should be picked up and charged with a felony for doing that to Brian while they were in the library? Or is that the director who goes to prison for that? Or both I'm guessing.

That movie and Sixteen Candles would have been radically different now. 

Bender putting his face between Molly Ringwald’s thighs under the desk = sexual assault.

Don’t get me started with Anthony Michael Hall raping the chick in the Rolls Royce in Sixteen Candles.

53 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That movie and Sixteen Candles would have been radically different now. 

Bender putting his face between Molly Ringwald’s thighs under the desk = sexual assault.

Don’t get me started with Anthony Michael Hall raping the chick in the Rolls Royce in Sixteen Candles.

Haaha. "Did we do it?"  "Uh, I think so."  

"Was it good?" "Yeah."

Nowadays it's:

"Why are my panties off!!?" "I'm not sure, we were both really drunk."

"Get a lawyer cause my dad will sue you and put you in prison for rape."  "ok."

17 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Amazing.  I don't know how you are able to raise well adjusted kids with all of this stupidity.  Props to you.  :cheers: 

Of course I could.  Anyone who couldn't is weak minded.  What a bunch of posers pretending you'd be too tough to follow the rules.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Amazing.  I don't know how you are able to raise well adjusted kids with all of this stupidity.  Props to you.  :cheers: 

I don't know how it happened, but I actually have 2 boys who are really good kids.  Doesn't make much sense :dunno:

53 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Of course I could.  Anyone who couldn't is weak minded.  What a bunch of posers pretending you'd be too tough to follow the rules.

I would've made it just fine but I would've gotten in a lot more trouble.  Most likely would've been suspended for drinking or smoking because of evidence on social media.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would've made it just fine but I would've gotten in a lot more trouble.  Most likely would've been suspended for drinking or smoking because of evidence on social media.

That's the part that gets me.  If you're dumb enough to put it on social media, you deserve to get caught.  The generation that went from no social media to having social media everywhere gets a pass because it was new and no one know jack sh!t.  But anyone from 2012 forward that gets caught because they put something online just deserves to be caught.

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

That's the part that gets me.  If you're dumb enough to put it on social media, you deserve to get caught.  The generation that went from no social media to having social media everywhere gets a pass because it was new and no one know jack sh!t.  But anyone from 2012 forward that gets caught because they put something online just deserves to be caught.

My concern would be more from people that post stuff on social media that has me in it.  I don't think I'd be dumb enough to post pics of myself doing that back then.  I do remember that Facebook and MySpace were pretty new then but we didn't really use it like it's used now.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would've made it just fine but I would've gotten in a lot more trouble. 

This,I got in my fair share of trouble during middle/high school but there was never any fear of being arrested,our fear was the paddle.In fact my worst punishment was by a science teacher named Mr Reynolds,he was 6'7 and when he swung that paddle you felt it for hours.,in fact he would take you to the hall have you face the lockers,bend over and grab your ankles,when the blow came you'd literally leave your feet and your head would hit a metal locker. Tell you what though he only had to punish me once as I got the message loud and clear.

Could you even imagine a teacher doing that these days?

• Like 1

A 6th grader here asked a girl to the dance last week after his friend dared him to.  She said yes. 

Two days later, a couple other girls got together and convinced the kid to take one of them instead.  So, he cancelled the first one.  

She got into an argument with those other girls, the kid who asked her and the kid who dared him.  

At some point, one of the girls told her to go jump off the roof and one of the boys repeated it. 

Sh!t hit the fan, they all had to be interviewed, 5 kids were made to sign an agreement stating they wouldn’t go near her for the rest of the year.  They changed their class schedules and moved her locker away from them.  

The next day, she showed up, cleaned out her locker and told everyone she was going to a new school.  

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A 6th grader here asked a girl to the dance last week after his friend dared him to.  She said yes. 

Two days later, a couple other girls got together and convinced the kid to take one of them instead.  So, he cancelled the first one.  

She got into an argument with those other girls, the kid who asked her and the kid who dared him.  

At some point, one of the girls told her to go jump off the roof and one of the boys repeated it. 

Sh!t hit the fan, they all had to be interviewed, 5 kids were made to sign an agreement stating they wouldn’t go near her for the rest of the year.  They changed their class schedules and moved her locker away from them.  

The next day, she showed up, cleaned out her locker and told everyone she was going to a new school.  

[GFIAFP] Can size???? [/GFIAFP]

37 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

[GFIAFP] Training Can size???? [/GFIAFP]

FYP  :lol:

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My concern would be more from people that post stuff on social media that has me in it.  I don't think I'd be dumb enough to post pics of myself doing that back then.  I do remember that Facebook and MySpace were pretty new then but we didn't really use it like it's used now.

May of the greek houses at ASU have a "no cell phone" policy at parties."  You drop them off at the door. No pics allowed, period.  

3 hours ago, nzoner said:

This,I got in my fair share of trouble during middle/high school but there was never any fear of being arrested,our fear was the paddle.In fact my worst punishment was by a science teacher named Mr Reynolds,he was 6'7 and when he swung that paddle you felt it for hours.,in fact he would take you to the hall have you face the lockers,bend over and grab your ankles,when the blow came you'd literally leave your feet and your head would hit a metal locker. Tell you what though he only had to punish me once as I got the message loud and clear.

Could you even imagine a teacher doing that these days?

We had a teacher beloved by parents and students alike; former Marine with forearms the size of your thighs.  He not only paddled us but we being young engineering masochists would compete to see who could create the most painful paddle.  This was a humanities class but I also learned about surface area and pressure -- smaller area paddles hurt the worst.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

May of the greek houses at ASU have a "no cell phone" policy at parties."  You drop them off at the door. No pics allowed, period.  

We had a teacher beloved by parents and students alike; former Marine with forearms the size of your thighs.  He not only paddled us but we being young engineering masochists would compete to see who could create the most painful paddle.  This was a humanities class but I also learned about surface area and pressure -- smaller area paddles hurt the worst.  :thumbsup:

Paddlin' the school canoe?  Ohhh, you better believe that's a paddlin'!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jerryskids said:

When I was in 6th grade we had an awesome teacher that used to give you noogies if you misbehaved. He would smash you in the head with his knuckles as hard as he could.  Hurt like hell but when you got one you deserved it.  He'd be in focking jail nowadays. 

Just now, DonS said:

When I was in 6th grade we had an awesome teacher that used to give you noogies if you misbehaved. He would smash you in the head with his knuckles as hard as he could.  Hurt like hell but when you got one you deserved it.  He'd be in focking jail nowadays. 

One of my teachers duct taped my head to the wall for talking in class.

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

It is sort of weird.  They don't allow the discipline in schools anymore, but there sure are a lot of (semi?) hot teachers banging their students now.  Hard for me to wrap my head around the two different paths.  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is sort of weird.  They don't allow the discipline in schools anymore, but there sure are a lot of (semi?) hot teachers banging their students now.  Hard for me to wrap my head around the two different paths.  :dunno:

Are there any more teachers banging students than there were in the past.  My guess is that more are just getting caught now.