Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Anybody reading the Miam RB Tea Leaves?

Mark Walton has been getting more playing time. Chatter is starting on a Drake trade. If Walton gets more work this week and they cool Drake that will likely happen. Walton mentioned he didn't even know he was starting over Drake last week until before the game. They had about equal work but still, I think something is about to go down. 

I know this is Miami but, this could develop into some decent depth if Drake is traded to a team that needs a starter. If he goes to a RBBC team forget it. He's worthless. Walton though, he would absorb most of Drake's work and with them playing from behind ROS his pass catching skills could be a decent flex option. 

Any Miami fans have any insight on this or am I just a dufus for bringing up any Miami player period? I know the answer on the second part. Don't answer that!

I read the tea leaves and they spelled out S-H-T-I. But they had been jostled immediately before that so it's possible the letters were out of order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I read the tea leaves and they spelled out S-H-T-I. But they had been jostled immediately before that so it's possible the letters were out of order.

T-H-I-S

But I did pick up Walton as a gamble.

• Haha 1

At first I saw that word as well but I looked at it from another angle and saw H-I-T-S.

Take a few stiff drinks and you'll see. That's what I did.   

You're all wrong. It was S-I-T-H, as in the Dolphins are evil and will bring you over to the Dark Side.

I do endorse drinking heavily if you're planning on putting them in your starting lineup. And if you actually have to watch them, make it a double.

I'm down Chubb this week and likely Kamara. Basically backed in a corner. Trying this rope a dope with Walton and Latavius and Hoping the Pats D can clean this mess up.

If you are in a Dynasty League, holding on to Walton for next season isn't a bad idea.  I have him stashed on my bench.  Drake will be gone and I cannot see them drafting a RB as they have too many other needs.  A RB with some pass catching skills isn't a bad guy to hand onto in PPR leagues.  I can't see starting him, even as a Flex, with Drake still in the house.  I also have to wonder who is going to give up anything for Drake?  He's never been a full-time RB and he's a free agent after the season.  It's not like he's "great" or anything.  Anything more than a 5th/6th rounder is too much.  Without him on the team though, it's possible Walton could be used as a Flex if you are truly desperate and already out of the playoff race. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Drake will be gone and I cannot see them drafting a RB as they have too many other needs.

With 47 draft picks you can't see them getting around to drafting a RB with at least ONE of them?

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If you are in a Dynasty League, holding on to Walton for next season isn't a bad idea.  I have him stashed on my bench.  Drake will be gone and I cannot see them drafting a RB as they have too many other needs.  A RB with some pass catching skills isn't a bad guy to hand onto in PPR leagues.  I can't see starting him, even as a Flex, with Drake still in the house.  I also have to wonder who is going to give up anything for Drake?  He's never been a full-time RB and he's a free agent after the season.  It's not like he's "great" or anything.  Anything more than a 5th/6th rounder is too much.  Without him on the team though, it's possible Walton could be used as a Flex if you are truly desperate and already out of the playoff race. 

If you're picking up a Dolphin for your dynasty team, it should be under the assumption that they will do well on someone else's roster in 2020.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zftcg said:

If you're picking up a Dolphin for your dynasty team, it should be under the assumption that they will do well on someone else's roster in 2020.

I'm not under the assumption he will even be in the NFL next season.  I have roster space, so why not?  Sure, it's a total shot in the dark, but it doesn't have an effect on my team at all.  Our available roster is 22 players.  With Walton, I only have 19 of those slots filled.  The reason we have the deep rosters in Dynasty is for this very reason.  It keeps people interested in the game and looking for a diamond in the rough.  Some insane longshots have panned out well, although I highly doubt this one will.  IF the Dolphins improve their offensive line this offseason, and they go with a rookie QB next season, I can't see them using anything more than a late round pick on a RB.  Walton has a least looked good, and that's behind a shoddy line.  Add in two new starters next season and who knows.....  My guess is they will use the Patriots system of not having a true workhorse back, but if he even ends up with flex appeal, it cost me nothing. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I tried to pick him up in a few leagues and was successful in one.  I feel Drake will land in a spot that will make him a good flex option.

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

I tried to pick him up in a few leagues and was successful in one.  I feel Drake will land in a spot that will make him a good flex option.

Who do you think could potentially trade for him?  I looked at the teams in contention and cannot find one where he seems to fit really well.  The Eagles could potentially be a fit, or he Lions, but even those seem like a bit of a stretch. 

The Eagles were one team that came to mind.  Looking at all the options It is a tough guess.  He would help lighten the load for McCaffery.  He'd be a step up from Ito.  The Lions are dedicated to the run and Kerryon could use help.  The Jags could pair him with Fournette.  The steelers could use him with Conner gimp and Samuels out for  abit.  You're right though.  It's hard to read.  Carolina would be a great fit.

Carolina needs to do something to give McCaffery some rest.  If they end up in the playoffs, he may have no tread left on the tires.  Drake wouldn't be a bad option to spell him for a series here and there, or if they are leading in the 4th....

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not under the assumption he will even be in the NFL next season.  I have roster space, so why not?  Sure, it's a total shot in the dark, but it doesn't have an effect on my team at all.  Our available roster is 22 players.  With Walton, I only have 19 of those slots filled.  The reason we have the deep rosters in Dynasty is for this very reason.  It keeps people interested in the game and looking for a diamond in the rough.  Some insane longshots have panned out well, although I highly doubt this one will.  IF the Dolphins improve their offensive line this offseason, and they go with a rookie QB next season, I can't see them using anything more than a late round pick on a RB.  Walton has a least looked good, and that's behind a shoddy line.  Add in two new starters next season and who knows.....  My guess is they will use the Patriots system of not having a true workhorse back, but if he even ends up with flex appeal, it cost me nothing. 

That makes sense, I guess. I don't play dynasty. In fact, if I'm being honest, I'm just here for the Dolphins jokes.

10 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I'm just here for the Dolphins jokes.

When you score the potentially tying TD, don't kick the PAT; go for two Tua!

6 hours ago, remote controller said:

Has there ever been a RB who was traded mid-season and gained fantasy relevance? The only two in-season trades of RBs I can think of off the top of my head are Trent Richardson and Jay Ajayi, neither of whom lit the world on fire after they were traded.

There was also, of course, CJ Anderson, who was signed as a free agent late in the season and became very usable by the fantasy playoffs. But you could easily go broke betting on that scenario to repeat itself.

Who is their kicker? lol

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Drake being traded might make him an interesting trade target.

This late in the season, I don't know.....  Prior to this weekend, I had the Eagles and potentially the Lions as teams that may be interested.  He's not a "great" RB though and I've read the Dolphins want a 3rd rounder for him.  That's a wasted pick for any team as he's a free agent after the season and there are an awful lot of good RB's who could be had in the 3rd round of the draft at a lower cost.  Someone mentioned he could be a good fit in Carolina to spell McCaffrey.  That's would be a good move by the Panthers, however, it would give him less value than he has now.  I know it's cheaper to trade for him before he's traded, but that seems too much like fools gold.  I have been watching Walton run behind that crappy Dolphins line and average nearly 5 ypc.  That's a yard and a half more than Drake is getting....  I'd trade for Walton before I traded for Drake, if I were a real NFL General Manager. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:12 PM, zftcg said:

Has there ever been a RB who was traded mid-season and gained fantasy relevance? The only two in-season trades of RBs I can think of off the top of my head are Trent Richardson and Jay Ajayi, neither of whom lit the world on fire after they were traded.

There was also, of course, CJ Anderson, who was signed as a free agent late in the season and became very usable by the fantasy playoffs. But you could easily go broke betting on that scenario to repeat itself.

This.

Maybe Drake will be worth something next year after he leaves Miami in free agency.

For the rest of this year he’s probably just an emergency fill in option. He’s getting catches which gives him some value but not much, and obviously Miami wants to see what they have in Walton.

I said screw it and started Darrell Henderson. Both Miami RB's barely edged him out but to me it was a what the heck move with a little more upside but that upside did not pan out. Either Gurley had to get injured or, they get a lead and cool off Gurley. They did cool him off but Henderson was basically ineffective because they knew he was just trying to burn clock...meh. Cost me 3 pts and made no difference. Still losing with no Kamara and no Chubb. Probably losing by 10 depending on the Pats D tonight.

54 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This.

Maybe Drake will be worth something next year after he leaves Miami in free agency.

For the rest of this year he’s probably just an emergency fill in option. He’s getting catches which gives him some value but not much, and obviously Miami wants to see what they have in Walton.

Walton has looked like a true feature back when running the ball.  If you are in Dynasty, I'd nab him and let him sit.  Next year he could break out.  His YPC is excellent, he's a great receiver out of the backfield and he makes people miss, but can also plow through them.  I'm surprised he's not getting more attention as a player to stash.  Against the Bills defense, he looked like a man amongst boys.  No one else for Miami even looked like they were an NFL caliber running back, but he looked the part and performed well.  Sure wish they'd give him more carries, but with them in full tank mode, they probably don't want to risk him breaking off a long run and scoring.  That would be bad.  lol

So....with the departure of the Drake, anyone thinking that Walton could have some flex appeal ROS?

Yes, it’s the Dolphins, I know.....but they did show some signs of life last week, and Walton looked respectable. Their schedule isn’t atrocious, and don’t play NE until week 17. 

I’m holding him in a couple leagues, and may flex him in next week against the Jets with Kamara/Lat on bye.

Of course, any potential usability would be predicated on Fitzmagic remaining the starter. Guys play hard and compete when he is at the helm.

No question he has flex appeal. 

Im looking at adding him, and yes he’s still available, not with this news. 

I don’t see anyway I well get him based on my current ranking. 

But yeah I would go get him. 

Even on a team as bad as the dolphins, & knowing Ballage will get the goal line, yeah, I think he could have flex appeal.

I grabbed him off waivers today. Let's see how his audition @ Pittsburgh goes tonight.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, zftcg said:

You're all wrong. It was S-I-T-H, as in the Dolphins are evil and will bring you over to the Dark Side.

I do endorse drinking heavily if you're planning on putting them in your starting lineup. And if you actually have to watch them, make it a double.

Actually, you're wrong too.  The "H" was supposed to be a "T".  It should be T-I-T-S, as in "You'll love Walton as much as you love..."

26 minutes ago, stonewall said:

So....with the departure of the Drake, anyone thinking that Walton could have some flex appeal ROS?

Yes, it’s the Dolphins, I know.....but they did show some signs of life last week, and Walton looked respectable. Their schedule isn’t atrocious, and don’t play NE until week 17. 

I’m holding him in a couple leagues, and may flex him in next week against the Jets with Kamara/Lat on bye.

Of course, any potential usability would be predicated on Fitzmagic remaining the starter. Guys play hard and compete when he is at the helm.

I think he's got appeal.  But then again, i went ZERO RB this year and am paying for it.