Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

It's a middle-class boom -- How Americans are really doing under Trump economy

"(Donald) Trump's economy is great for billionaires, not for working people," Sanders likes to say. Meanwhile, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi grouses that under the Trump agenda, "the rich get richer, and everyone else is stuck paying the bill."

That's been the standard liberal riff for the last couple of years as they try to explain how a president who they said would create a second Great Depression has created boom times with the lowest inflation and unemployment in half a century.

The median or average-income family has seen a gain of $5,003 since Trump came into office. Median family income is now (August 2019) $65,976, up from about $61,000 when he entered office (January 2017).

Under George W. Bush, the household income gains were a little over $400 in eight years, and under Barack Obama the gains were $1,043. That was in eight years for each. Under Trump, in less than three years, the extra income is about three times large

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/steve-moore-middle-class-boom-how-americans-doing-trump-economy

Time for the standard "Trump is just benefiting from the economic gains that Obama put in place" retort in 3.. 2.. 1..

• Haha 1

One factor I like to look at is disposable income entertainment. For example. Disney is crazy expensive, yet they keep raising their prices, offering more and more exclusive events to squeeze more money out of people (Not so Scary, Christmas party, dessert parties, etc...) And they often sell out. There are more and more cruises being offered.

Americans are doing great.

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Time for the standard "Trump is just benefiting from the economic gains that Obama put in place" retort in 3.. 2.. 1..

I love that argument, because I can post article after article of "experts" predicting the economy completely collapsing if he won. Mean while Obama started his predency at rock bottom. There was no where to go but up and even he screwed that up. The economy as a whole didn't grow under Obama. Sure it finally stopped falling, and barely kept up with inflation. The Dems think that was good.

Just now, Reality said:

Trump must have a magic wand.

If, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if Okey Doke

• Haha 1

The ENTIRE liberal agenda is about making the middle class struggle.  They talk about taxing the rich, which I have said over and over is completely directed at keeping their people in the fold.  Won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Trump must have a magic wand.

With those tiny hands, I bet it's a small wand

Let us not forget that Obama declared that under 2% growth was the “new normal” and Americans should get used to it. If Hillary had won he would have been right.

Washington DC leads the Nation in income inequality followed by NY, Connecticut, and California. 

SF has the most billionaires per capita in the country but it also has the most homeless per capita.

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Let us not forget that Obama declared that under 2% growth was the “new normal” and Americans should get used to it. If Hillary had won he would have been right.

That's one of the things that pissed me off so much and a huge reason I was drawn to Trump. 

When Obama said, "those jobs are gone and they are never coming back" that sealed my vote for Trump. Obama didn't even try hell I think he was glad they where gone. It fits the liberal agenda that's for sure.

When he lied about letting me keep my healthcare and replaced it with something worse and more expensive, whichever piece of shìt that is most likely to beat the Democratic candidate won my vote for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

When Hussein stated that he wanted energy prices to skyrocket, that's when I knew he hated America. He lost my vote due to that comment.

I had voted for Democrats twice before him. Now, the Dems are even worse with their anti-America bullschit. I can't imagine ever going back to them.

• Like 1

Yup.  President Trump has the economy humming and American citizens are prospering.  Great job, Mr. President!

On 10/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, DonS said:

I would welcome a list of things Obama did that relate to the economic progress....

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would welcome a list of things Obama did that relate to the economic progress....

Problem is, there aren't any. :dunno:

On 10/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, avoiding injuries said:

Quid pro quo. He promised business owners lower taxes and less regulations in exchange for higher employment and higher wages. 
#IMPEACH

Awwwwwww Yeeeeeeaaaahhh!  WE got him this time!!!!

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Problem is, there aren't any. :dunno:

Didn't he buy beers for everyone at the National Beer Summit where he single-handedly improved race relations and ended all racism?  That was like THREE beers!!!!!  who buys that much beer in one sitting?

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

He printed money, cut the social security contributions in half for a few years (until he got re-elected, of course), and the fed kept interest rates waaaaay down for him. And oh yeah, hired a ton of govt workers. 

I really like it how you guys are forgetting that we were in a war with Iraq and Afghanistan, the economic crisis: people were losing their homes, jobs, companies were closing and failing...the healthcare system needed fixing. Obama had a lot of hurdles to overcome and the country was a frigging mess. He did a great job despite being thwarted by conservatives. There is no comparison between what Trump faced and what Obama faced. Obama had to prevent this country from collapse. He helped support all the families that needed social services and who were unemployed. Did you all forget so soon??? Trump is doing a great job for his country economically, but don't compare him to Obama. Obama handed him a fixed country. Trump should do well with it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I really like it how you guys are forgetting that we were in a war with Iraq and Afghanistan, the economic crisis: people were losing their homes, jobs, companies were closing and failing...the healthcare system needed fixing. Obama had a lot of hurdles to overcome and the country was a frigging mess. He did a great job despite being thwarted by conservatives. There is no comparison between what Trump faced and what Obama faced. Obama had to prevent this country from collapse. He helped support all the families that needed social services and who were unemployed. Did you all forget so soon??? Trump is doing a great job for his country economically, but don't compare him to Obama. Obama handed him a fixed country. Trump should do well with it.

Now imagine Obama was white 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

You are correct that no President should be compared to his predecessor. Or his successor. 

44 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Now imagine Obama was white 

Then he would be known for destroying American culture and the healthcare system and race relations and adding to homelessness and job loss and illegal aliens and taxes etc...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Obama’s eight years have brought the lowest labor participation rates since the 1970s, with 95 million Americans out of the labor force. The so-called recovery has been the weakest one since the 1940s. We have the lowest home ownership rate in 51 years – despite mortgage rates artificially kept at record lows. Over 11 million more Americans are on food stamps since he became president and more than 43 million Americans now live in poverty. One of every six men between 18 and 34 are either in prison or out of work.

Then, of course, there's President Obama's assault on the business community through his burdensome regulations. Consider this: The estimated cost of regulations under Obama is a staggering $873 billion. That includes a shocking $344 billion cost in Environmental Protection Agency regulations alone. All told, the number of new regulations that been finalized under President Obama checks in at almost 3,000.

When it comes to jobs, President Obama is always bragging about how many he's created, but facts are stubborn things. In the past eight years, America has lost more than 300,000 manufacturing jobs and, although the president doesn’t mention it, America had a global trade deficit of over $732 billion last year.

Yet another drag on the American economy is ObamaCare, his signature legislation and crowning achievement. Remember when Obama repeatedly told you that under his plan you could keep your doctor, you keep your plan and that that it would drive down overall health costs to the point the average family would save $2,500 a year? And how ObamaCare would actually reduce the deficit?

“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people,” Obama said on June 15, 2009. “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan, period.”

Well, millions of people lost their doctors and their insurance plans, but that was just the start of the ObamaCare disaster. This year, Affordable Care Act premiums are exploding by 25 percent on average. In Arizona, they're jumping by a stunning 116 percent. Deductibles are so high that even if ObamaCare recipients pay their premiums, they can’t afford to use their coverage in many cases.

As for the average American family saving $2,500 a year on health care, the exact opposite has happened. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the increase in health care costs for employer-sponsored benefits since 2008 is now $5,462. That is a 43 percent increase.

It just keeps getting worse. Choice in health care providers available through ObamaCare is evaporating. In states like Alabama, Alaska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wyoming, people buying on the exchanges have a single insurer to choose from. It’s because insurers are now pulling out after losing massive amounts of money. So much for choice.

So what about foreign policy? Obama gave Iran, the No. 1 state sponsor of terror, $150 billion and allows them to continue to spin their centrifuges? And of course, he paid a ransom for four U.S. citizens Iran held prisoner, reversing longstanding policy and signaling to the world that there’s money to be made from taking Americans captive.

Obama drew a “red line” when he warned Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad not to use chemical weapons. When Assad crossed it, Obama did nothing. Partly as a result, that country civil war continues and has created a massive worldwide humanitarian crisis.

In Egypt, Obama gave Mohammed Morsi, the former Muslim Brotherhood head who became president but is now in prison for murder, F-16s, tanks and $1.5 billion in taxpayer funds.

In Libya, the president helped overthrew Qaddafi, and that country has since fallen into chaos, creating a hotbed for ISIS.

And speaking of ISIS, back 2014, President Obama called the world’s most dangerous terrorist organization the”JayVee” team. The next year, just hours before the horrific ISIS attack in Paris that killed 130 people, Obama assured us that ISIS was “contained.” ISIS was never a junior varsity team, and certainly was not contained. In fact, it seized vast parts of Iraq because Obama created a vacuum when he pulled U.S. troops out too early for purely political reasons.

Ffhttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/11/sean-hannity-obama-farewell-cant-hide-disastrous-legacy.html

5 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Obama’s eight years have brought the lowest labor participation rates since the 1970s, with 95 million Americans out of the labor force. The so-called recovery has been the weakest one since the 1940s. We have the lowest home ownership rate in 51 years – despite mortgage rates artificially kept at record lows. Over 11 million more Americans are on food stamps since he became president and more than 43 million Americans now live in poverty. One of every six men between 18 and 34 are either in prison or out of work.

Then, of course, there's President Obama's assault on the business community through his burdensome regulations. Consider this: The estimated cost of regulations under Obama is a staggering $873 billion. That includes a shocking $344 billion cost in Environmental Protection Agency regulations alone. All told, the number of new regulations that been finalized under President Obama checks in at almost 3,000.

When it comes to jobs, President Obama is always bragging about how many he's created, but facts are stubborn things. In the past eight years, America has lost more than 300,000 manufacturing jobs and, although the president doesn’t mention it, America had a global trade deficit of over $732 billion last year.

Yet another drag on the American economy is ObamaCare, his signature legislation and crowning achievement. Remember when Obama repeatedly told you that under his plan you could keep your doctor, you keep your plan and that that it would drive down overall health costs to the point the average family would save $2,500 a year? And how ObamaCare would actually reduce the deficit?

“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people,” Obama said on June 15, 2009. “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan, period.”

Well, millions of people lost their doctors and their insurance plans, but that was just the start of the ObamaCare disaster. This year, Affordable Care Act premiums are exploding by 25 percent on average. In Arizona, they're jumping by a stunning 116 percent. Deductibles are so high that even if ObamaCare recipients pay their premiums, they can’t afford to use their coverage in many cases.

As for the average American family saving $2,500 a year on health care, the exact opposite has happened. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the increase in health care costs for employer-sponsored benefits since 2008 is now $5,462. That is a 43 percent increase.

It just keeps getting worse. Choice in health care providers available through ObamaCare is evaporating. In states like Alabama, Alaska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wyoming, people buying on the exchanges have a single insurer to choose from. It’s because insurers are now pulling out after losing massive amounts of money. So much for choice.

So what about foreign policy? Obama gave Iran, the No. 1 state sponsor of terror, $150 billion and allows them to continue to spin their centrifuges? And of course, he paid a ransom for four U.S. citizens Iran held prisoner, reversing longstanding policy and signaling to the world that there’s money to be made from taking Americans captive.

Obama drew a “red line” when he warned Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad not to use chemical weapons. When Assad crossed it, Obama did nothing. Partly as a result, that country civil war continues and has created a massive worldwide humanitarian crisis.

In Egypt, Obama gave Mohammed Morsi, the former Muslim Brotherhood head who became president but is now in prison for murder, F-16s, tanks and $1.5 billion in taxpayer funds.

In Libya, the president helped overthrew Qaddafi, and that country has since fallen into chaos, creating a hotbed for ISIS.

And speaking of ISIS, back 2014, President Obama called the world’s most dangerous terrorist organization the”JayVee” team. The next year, just hours before the horrific ISIS attack in Paris that killed 130 people, Obama assured us that ISIS was “contained.” ISIS was never a junior varsity team, and certainly was not contained. In fact, it seized vast parts of Iraq because Obama created a vacuum when he pulled U.S. troops out too early for purely political reasons.

Ffhttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/11/sean-hannity-obama-farewell-cant-hide-disastrous-legacy.html

Your facts make me look for a safe space and scream to the sky.