Jump to content
cmh6476

Titans @ Chiefs: AFC Championship

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

totally spoiled. I really hope they go 3 and 13 and get the 1st pick next year

Heads would EXPLODE :lol: "And with the first pick , the Patriots select,  Trevor Lawrence" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Heads would EXPLODE :lol: "And with the first pick , the Patriots select,  Trevor Lawrence" :lol:

Total SAW forehead with a touch of the downs. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to freezing rain KC airport has closed,here's one Titans fan response :doh:

I hope @KCIAirport is not closing the airfield because they know the Tennessee Titans @Titans are heading your way. At BNA @Fly_Nashville we’re not afraid. I wouldn’t make a Titan mad, it won’t end well for @Chiefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Heads would EXPLODE :lol: "And with the first pick , the Patriots select,  Trevor Lawrence" :lol:

They cheated! They lost on purpose!! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn.  I have money on the Titans and also fock the Chefs.  But, if the Chefs win, my FIL will give me an all expense paid trip to the SB (he's a Chefs fan).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'm torn.  I have money on the Titans and also fock the Chefs.  But, if the Chefs win, my FIL will give me an all expense paid trip to the SB (he's a Chefs fan).

Are you any relation to Digby34-M-16? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you any relation to Digby34-M-16? 

I'll take actual pics of me at the game... not just the ticket pics I downloaded!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'm torn.  I have money on the Titans and also fock the Chefs.  But, if the Chefs win, my FIL will give me an all expense paid trip to the SB (he's a Chefs fan).

What a waste of a perfectly good seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanil said:

I'll take actual pics of me at the game... not just the ticket pics I downloaded!

No, that was MDC that tried that BS. You’re mixing up the liars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, that was MDC that tried that BS. You’re mixing up the liars. 

ohdang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanil said:

I'll take actual pics of me at the game... not just the ticket pics I downloaded!

You have to hold up a sign that says "Geek Club."  Also, you should take CMH's son.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nzoner said:

What a waste of a perfectly good seat.

I'll be wearing a 9ers jersey for sure if it's against SF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

You have to hold up a sign that says "Geek Club."  Also, you should take CMH's son.

I'm already taking him to the Championship game this weekend with his grandpa.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanil said:

I'm already taking him to the Championship game this weekend with his grandpa.

😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

You have to hold up a sign that says "Geek Club."  Also, you should take CMH's son.

I'll definitely come up with some sign to take the pic with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'll be wearing a 9ers jersey for sure if it's against SF!

I'd be investing in a Packer's jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A travel agent friend of mine just posted that all flights into KC have been postponed which included numerous Nashville flights.I'm sure the airport is working overtime on this but I'm only 30 minutes away and we have had a steady downfall of icy rain for over 5 hours now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

A travel agent friend of mine just posted that all flights into KC have been postponed which included numerous Nashville flights.I'm sure the airport is working overtime on this but I'm only 30 minutes away and we have had a steady downfall of icy rain for over 5 hours now.

What’s the forecast for Sunday?  Checked it out, cold and clear. No precipitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s the forecast for Sunday? 

High 24 Low 7 partly sunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ignoring you guys :bench:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For this game, I decided to ask "What happened to teams that scored at least 50 points in a playoff game?"

2019 Chiefs: ???
2009 Cardinals:  beat Packers at home in wild card round 51-45.  Lost next week at the Saints 45-14.
1999 Jaguars: beat Dolphins at home in divisional round 62-7.  Lost next week at home to the Titans in the AFC title game 33-14.
1995 Eagles: beat Lions at home 58-37 in wild card round.  Lost next week at Cowboys 30-11.
1992 Cowboys: beat Bills in super bowl 52-17.
1990 Bills: beat Raiders in AFC title game 51-3.  Lost next game to Giants in super bowl 20-19.
1989 49ers: beat Broncos in super bowl 55-10.
1983 Redskins: beat Rams at home in divisional playoffs 51-7.  Beat 49ers in NFC title game 24-21.  Lost super bowl to Raiders 38-9.
1967 Cowboys: beat Browns at home 52-14.  Lost next week in the NFL title game at Packers 21-17. (Super bowl 2 was then Packers over Raiders)

That's the list.

Teams that scored 50 in a playoff game are 1-5 the next week.  The only victory was Redskins over 49ers in 1983.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the playoff history of the Chiefs that would not shock me one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, riversco said:

For this game, I decided to ask "What happened to teams that scored at least 50 points in a playoff game?"

2019 Chiefs: ???
2009 Cardinals:  beat Packers at home in wild card round 51-45.  Lost next week at the Saints 45-14.
1999 Jaguars: beat Dolphins at home in divisional round 62-7.  Lost next week at home to the Titans in the AFC title game 33-14.
1995 Eagles: beat Lions at home 58-37 in wild card round.  Lost next week at Cowboys 30-11.
1992 Cowboys: beat Bills in super bowl 52-17.
1990 Bills: beat Raiders in AFC title game 51-3.  Lost next game to Giants in super bowl 20-19.
1989 49ers: beat Broncos in super bowl 55-10.
1983 Redskins: beat Rams at home in divisional playoffs 51-7.  Beat 49ers in NFC title game 24-21.  Lost super bowl to Raiders 38-9.
1967 Cowboys: beat Browns at home 52-14.  Lost next week in the NFL title game at Packers 21-17. (Super bowl 2 was then Packers over Raiders)

That's the list.

Teams that scored 50 in a playoff game are 1-5 the next week.  The only victory was Redskins over 49ers in 1983.
 

The last instance being a decade ago? Going back to the 60s? Not sure how relevant that info is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought my tix

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

The last instance being a decade ago? Going back to the 60s? Not sure how relevant that info is.

Its just a fun thing.  Not meant to be relevant or predict anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High of 19 today,glad I'm watching from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Reid is 1-8  vs the Titans. Remember that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Andy Reid is 1-8  vs the Titans. Remember that. 

KC sports radio has not let us forget it this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nzoner said:

KC sports radio has not let us forget it this week.

It’s hard to believe. When is the last time Reid had a bad team? He’s losing to them with some talented squads. The Titans have had their ups and downs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s hard to believe. When is the last time Reid had a bad team? He’s losing to them with some talented squads. The Titans have had their ups and downs. 

Not to whine too hard but in all fairness let's not forget two years ago Jeff Triplett called a forward progress had stopped on a QB sack and fumble and then proceeded to retire from officiating the following day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Not to whine too hard but in all fairness let's not forget two years ago Jeff Triplett called a forward progress had stopped on a QB sack and fumble and then proceeded to retire from officiating the following day.

 

That was bad. But at least it got rid of that idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That was bad. But at least it got rid of that idiot. 

Yeah,now he works in the booth as one of those network refs :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Yeah,now he works in the booth as one of those network refs :doh:

Does he provide expert commentary on the coin toss? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:  13 year old andy reid in the punt/pass/kick competition

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyreek just earned himself a fine during the pregame introduction. :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, frank said:

Tyreek just earned himself a fine during the pregame introduction. :doh:

I missed it. What did he say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Let's goooooo! Woke up at 3am for this, let's get it on! 

Bloody Mary time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×