Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Strike:   “You didn’t reply to me because you knew you were wrong!”

Also Strike: “I’m not going to reply to you”

Just now, Reality said:

This is embarrassing. 

For Strike, I know.

Oh hey, it’s Reality trolling me again without adding anything to the conversation!

Just now, TimHauck said:

For Strike, I know.

Oh hey, it’s Reality trolling me again without adding anything to the conversation!

You are a clown who is embarrassing himself. Looks like people have moved on. You should take the time and use it for some real self reflection.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Strike:   “You didn’t reply to me because you knew you were wrong!”

Also Strike: “I’m not going to reply to you”

Yes, there is a difference between being proven wrong and consistently ignoring that and acknowledging you were wrong and choosing not to engage in a specific conversation.  Just like I don't engage in every thread on this board, I am not obligated to engage in every tangent you start in this thread.  Sorry if you can't see the difference in these two situations.  You've gone from acting retarded to acting childish.  Good job.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes, there is a difference between being proven wrong and consistently ignoring that and acknowledging you were wrong and choosing not to engage in a specific conversation.  Just like I don't engage in every thread on this board, I am not obligated to engage in every tangent you start in this thread.  Sorry if you can't see the difference in these two situations.  You've gone from acting retarded to acting childish.  Good job.

I have not been consistently proven wrong in this thread.  Maybe 2 or 3 times. I’ll give you this one, but it wasn’t even about covid.  Congratulations, you had to talk about private jets in order to prove me wrong.

And I wasn’t asking you about a tangent I started, I was asking a genuine question about a claim YOU made, where you said that “we’ve advanced the treatment for covid so it’s not fair to extrapolate out the deaths.”  But if that were the case, how has the treatment changed since January 2021 when we hit our peak in deaths for the entire pandemic?  

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I have not been consistently proven wrong in this thread.  Maybe 2 or 3 times. I’ll give you this one, but it wasn’t even about covid.  Congratulations, you had to talk about private jets in order to prove me wrong.

And I wasn’t asking you about a tangent I started, I was asking a genuine question about a claim YOU made, where you said that “we’ve advanced the treatment for covid so it’s not fair to extrapolate out the deaths.”  But if that were the case, how has the treatment changed since January 2021 when we hit our peak in deaths for the entire pandemic?  

Are you disputing that our understanding of this disease and our treatment methods have improved greatly since January 2020? 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Are you disputing that our understanding of this disease and our treatment methods have improved greatly since January 2020? 

Remember that global shortage of respirators?  I think they are building houses with the surplus.  

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, I’m disputing that it hasn’t improved greatly since January 2021

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No, I’m disputing that it hasn’t improved greatly since January 2021

So you're saying it has improved greatly since January 2021?  Honestly, I don't know what you're trying to say here.  I suspect what you wrote above is not what you were trying to say.  But whatever.  However, I never mentioned any specific time frame in my comments, did I?  I certainly wasn't referencing January 2021 so not sure why you're trying to pin me to a date. 

I only skim this thread because I actually have a life to live, but are folks actually playing semantic lawyer games over whether those Texas Dems flew commercial vs charter vs private???

If these politicians want to dictate what the general public does then they better lead by focking example or else STFU!!!!!

(I'm also disappointed that they brought Miller Focking Lite on their virtue signalling trip. At least bring a better beer FFS! ) 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:22 PM, Strike said:

So you're saying it has improved greatly since January 2021?  Honestly, I don't know what you're trying to say here.  I suspect what you wrote above is not what you were trying to say.  But whatever.  However, I never mentioned any specific time frame in my comments, did I?  I certainly wasn't referencing January 2021 so not sure why you're trying to pin me to a date. 

Clearly you’re not very smart.

Edit: I’m sorry I guess I should have said “I’m disputing that it has improved greatly since 2021,”  but it shouldn’t have been that hard to figure out my point the previous 3 times I asked the question.  But of course the only time you replied was when you could post a “gotcha” on grammar.

You said (paraphrasing):  “we’ve greatly advanced the treatments, so it’s not fair to extrapolate out the deaths.”

I’m saying that I DON’T believe we’ve greatly improved the treatments since January 2021 (but I’m not sure, was genuinely curious.)

The reason I brought up January 2021 specifically was because that was our peak in deaths for the entire pandemic.  So if we have not greatly improved treatments since then, outside of acquiring immunity, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think we could’ve seen another wave similar to last fall/winter.   (And about 2/3 of our total covid deaths have occurred since 10/1/20)

But anywho, I'm not sure how anyone can look at the UK data and call it anything but a success for the vaccines.   Cases have been increasing for 2 months, to an average daily peak of 47k, and now appear to be starting to trend back down.   Meanwhile, average daily deaths currently stand at 55.  No zeroes after that. 55.   

See, this F deserves to die. Made bank telling idiots what they wanted to hear about covid. Then get covid, then changes his tune.

It's useful idiots like this that deserve to die. Damn sure his life caused other people their life. So his death will hopefully prevent a few other gaps.

Here's the problem though. Idiots that listen to him? Certainly aren't going to see this story on the idiot stations they listen to and watch.

This is what it's going to take. Arkansas and Mississippi just having bonfires of the Dead. Idiot politicians and loudmouths like this? Dropping like flies. I said it before, I'm not trying  to be heartless, but the best thing they can do? Is die.

3 hours ago, DonS said:

I only skim this thread because I actually have a life to live, but are folks actually playing semantic lawyer games over whether those Texas Dems flew commercial vs charter vs private???

If these politicians want to dictate what the general public does then they better lead by focking example or else STFU!!!!!

(I'm also disappointed that they brought Miller Focking Lite on their virtue signalling trip. At least bring a better beer FFS! ) 

I agree.  Well I don’t think they necessarily should have worn masks since they’re already around these people all day without masks, but they shouldn’t have shared that picture.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, TimHauck said:

Here's a pretty good article explaining it - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/learning/what-does-95-effective-mean-teaching-the-math-of-vaccine-efficacy.html

In the posts below I did some of the math for the UK data, except that we don't know the exact % of 50+ people vaccinated so I did a few different versions.

Even using lod's data of "80 vaccinated deaths in Massachussetts":

Since 3/1 there have been 1,888 total with covid deaths and let's stick with the 80 being fully vaccinated (even though some of those 80 likely occurred before 3/1)

If I take the daily average of % fully vaccinated in that time, it's 40% (Source: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/us-covid-share-fully-vaccinated?country=~Massachusetts)

So 1,808 not fully vaccinated deaths / 6000 = 30.1%

80 fully vaccinated deaths / 4000 = 2%

30.1% - 2% = 28.1%

28.1% / 30.1% = 93.4% effective at preventing death

Thank you.  I wanted to confirm that 95% effective means 20X (95%) less likely to get it vs unvaccinated, not a 5% chance of getting it from an absolute sense.  :cheers: 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, TimHauck said:

Well hot damn, just saw this saying 95% of the 50+ in England had been vaccinated...in April.  I know England isn’t all of the UK but I think it’s safe to assume the U.K. is at 95% 2 months later - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56849874

So updating the math:

38 unvaccinated deaths / 50 people = 76%

71 vaccinated deaths / 950 people =  7.5%

76% - 7.5% = 68.5%

68.5% / 76% = 90% effective

Thanks for playing though Timmy

A clarification and an update to this as I look a little closer at the data which has now been updated (more on that below).

Here was the link from which Timmy made the claim that "Vaccinated people make up 62% Of the 117 deaths from the Delta variant in the UK"  - https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/vaccinated-people-are-dying-from-the-delta-variant-but-in-small-numbers-and-almost-all-are-over-50-uk-data-shows/ar-AALx7Iw?ocid=msedgntp

And here is the source for the data (Table 5, page 14): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1001354/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_17.pdf 

To clarify, the 38 unvaccinated deaths above is accurate.   However, only 50 of the deaths had received 2 doses (Timmy's claim of 62% of 117 is 73).   So at best Timmy was being intentionally misleading.   Looking at the over 50 deaths in particular, 18 of them had only received 1 dose.   They probably shouldn't be included in the numbers above, but I'm sure I'd get complaints for putting them in the unvaccinated group because some crazies apparently think the first dose causes infections, so let's keep them in the vaccinated group.  But another callout I didn't notice at first is that 3 of the deaths say "unlinked" and thus don't specify whether they were vaccinated or not.  I'm sure some conspiracy theorists will say "100% they were vaccinated and they are saying they died "with covid" of another cause!! Or they died FROM the vaccine!!" so whatever, let's leave them in too and stick with the numbers above.

But enough with the old data, here is an update (which Berenson has linked in his tweets): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

Table 5, page 19 for the over 50 group:

131 unvaccinated deaths / 500 people (remember, denominator doesn't matter but I'm adding a zero so it's not smaller than the numerator) = 26.2%

284 "vaccinated" deaths (220 fully vaccinated + 59 partially vaccinated + 5 "unlinked" ) / 9500 people = 3%

26.2% - 3% = 23.2%

23.2% / 26.2% = 89% effective against death from Delta

And remember, this is even including both the "unlinked" and not fully vaccinated as "vaccinated."   It's also based on a report from April indicating 95% of the 50+ population had been vaccinated, so if that number is actually higher the effectiveness is higher as well.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

See, this deserves to die. Maybank Hotel immediate what they wanted to hear about covid. Then get covid, then changes his tune.

It's useful idiots like this that deserve to die. Damn sure his life caused other people their life. So his death will hopefully prevent a few other gaps.

Here's the problem though. Idiots that listen to him? Certainly aren't going to see this story on the idiot stations they listen to and watch.

This is what it's going to take. Arkansas and Mississippi just having bonfires of the Dead. Idiot politicians and loudmouths like this? Dropping like flies. I said it before, I'm not trying  to be heartless, but the best thing they can do? Is die.

Where is the Maybank Hotel? Is it nice? 

Liberals pushing their Covid again.   LOL.

This time...they are talking percentages.   "Covid up 50% from last week!"

Rather than "we went from 4 cases last week to 6 cases this week"

LOL.  You can't make this sh1t up.    Liberals are just piles of sh!t.  No other way to put it.  

Front page first column of CNN-- all covid fear stuff.  

LOL@ the pedophiles that run CNN.   

If you don't think there's people running our government that think this way, you're an idiot.  This dude is a respected professor of chemistry and biology at Rutgers.  It makes the statement that "it's the business of the government to know whose vaccinated" mean a little more, huh?

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Liberals pushing their Covid again.   LOL.

This time...they are talking percentages.   "Covid up 50% from last week!"

Rather than "we went from 4 cases last week to 6 cases this week"

LOL.  You can't make this sh1t up.    Liberals are just piles of sh!t.  No other way to put it.  

Front page first column of CNN-- all covid fear stuff.  

LOL@ the pedophiles that run CNN.   

Yeah didn’t you hear?  That means the vaccines are failing!!!

42 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If you don't think there's people running our government that think this way, you're an idiot.  This dude is a respected professor of chemistry and biology at Rutgers.  It makes the statement that "it's the business of the government to know whose vaccinated" mean a little more, huh?

This same person is after 100% accountability from NIH, WHO and China through massive investigations.  I applaud his even handedness. Sadly for him neither exclusions or investigations will occur.

18 hours ago, wiffleball said:

See, this F deserves to die. Made bank telling idiots what they wanted to hear about covid. Then get covid, then changes his tune.

Who are you referring to?

20 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, I don't like liberals either. 

58 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The test is basically useless but, we'll keep using it until the end of the year...

:doh:

Federal regulators revoked the authorization of a COVID-19 test that has been given to millions of people for free across the country, including hundreds of thousands in Los Angeles.

This test can't differentiate between Covid and influenza. It's as bad as some of us thought it was and the data that's being used from these tests is basically useless. What a shltshow.... 

Here's some juicy news, hot off the press: The PCR test for COVID-19 has failed...just like the 'vaxxes'. FDA revokes emergency use authorization.

Why? Because the test couldn't distinguish between covid and the flu, or the common cold for that matter. Which of course anyone with a brain already knew since the flu cases didn't just go to zero. they were just classified as covid.

What does that mean to the deaths from covid. Lets take another chop at the BS 600k and drop that substantially more than I have already said. 
Death from liver failure....heart attack..ANYTHING......hey he tested positive for covid. He really had a cold. Toe tag him Death via Covid.

23 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Here's some juicy news, hot off the press: The PCR test for COVID-19 has failed...just like the 'vaxxes'. FDA revokes emergency use authorization.

Why? Because the test couldn't distinguish between covid and the flu, or the common cold for that matter. Which of course anyone with a brain already knew since the flu cases didn't just go to zero. they were just classified as covid.

What does that mean to the deaths from covid. Lets take another chop at the BS 600k and drop that substantially more than I have already said. 
Death from liver failure....heart attack..ANYTHING......hey he tested positive for covid. He really had a cold. Toe tag him Death via Covid.

It's exactly what some of us have been saying for months.

4 hours ago, Reality said:

The test is basically useless but, we'll keep using it until the end of the year...

Federal regulators revoked the authorization of a COVID-19 test that has been given to millions of people for free across the country, including hundreds of thousands in Los Angeles.

This test can't differentiate between Covid and influenza. It's as bad as some of us thought it was and the data that's being used from these tests is basically useless. What a shltshow.... 

the PCR test was a crap fest from the get-go. When I had my first? Even then they were saying it was about 66% accurate.

That's three card Monte.

6 hours ago, Fireballer said:

5 hours ago, Reality said:

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It's exactly what some of us have been saying for months.

Fake news.

Original tweet was deleted.

You guys are embarrassing.  And you say I’m the one believing a narrative?

Millions of people took a PCR test that couldn't differentiate between the flu and Covid. I am blown away that there is still some focking retard out there believing this garbage. The CDC is telling us the test is garbage... Holy Fock!

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-16/fda-revokes-approval-curative-covid-19-test?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true 

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Fake news.

Original tweet was deleted.

You guys are embarrassing.  And you say I’m the one believing a narrative?

Sorry but I don’t get the importance of the distinction; who cares if it was withdrawn vs. revoked or recalled?  The question is whether or not lots of data is based on an inaccurate test, is it not?  :dunno: 

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry but I don’t get the importance of the distinction; who cares if it was withdrawn vs. revoked or recalled?  The question is whether or not lots of data is based on an inaccurate test, is it not?  :dunno: 

It’s not.  A specific test was withdrawn.  There are still many authorized PCR tests, this doesn’t mean “All PCR tests are junk!!” or frankly even that this specific test was junk.  The release recommends using a different test that differentiates between covid and flu, but that’s referring to a test that can test for BOTH which was authorized in July 2020 (this test in question was authorized in Feb 2020), that’s not saying “the test can’t tell the difference between covid and flu!!” - https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/953802

And again, for those trying to bring back the “flu was just marked as covid” argument, for the millionth time, we were/are still testing for flu but the overall positivity rate was something like 1% or less.

And yes, in the world of the FDA, there is a big difference between withdrawn and “revoked/failed/recalled,” especially recalled.  If something was recalled it would be stopped immediately.  For example here is one (non-PCR) test that was recalled - https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/06-11-2021-lab-alert-Innova_SARS-CoV-2_Antigen_Test.html

Reality’s second link is referring to another test (these last 2 were from non-government companies), which does appear to have been revoked.   Ironically, the FDA has previously warned about the accuracy of this test.   The reason?  Risk of false negative results, not false positive - https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/fda_issues_safety_communication_about_risk_of_false_results_with_curative_sars-cov-2_test_for_covid-19.html

And even Curative appears to be just switching to a test that can test for all of covid, flu and RSV - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/curative-expands-testing-options-for-covid-19-flu-and-rsv-across-nationwide-healthcare-delivery-network-301314095.html

20 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Wow

Remember this too...

I already said that HHS guy should be fired.

But what’s so bad about the Israel guy’s comments?  It’s more strict on traveling for the unvaccinated, but traveling is known to be the cause of many covid cases.  For everything else, he’s not even saying you need to be vaccinated, just that you need a negative test.