Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Strike et al have been regurgitating the received idea that Cuomo murdered thousands of nursing home residents. Seems to me of Cuomo’s policies are responsible NY state’s #s would be worse than other states.

But they’re not. :dunno: 

Cuomo's steady hand and leadership has made him public enemy #1 to the trumptards.  A lot of people may not have realized just what a failure Trump has been without seeing Cuomo everyday writing a blueprint on how to lead people in a time of crisis.. 

17 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Cuomo's steady hand and leadership has made him public enemy #1 to the trumptards.  A lot of people may not have realized just what a failure Trump has been without seeing Cuomo everyday writing a blueprint on how to lead people in a time of crisis.. 

If it was so steady, he wouldn't of had to reverse his own order that killed a minimum of 5k. 

But he did reverse it! 

Bozo ko'd again!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Strike et al have been regurgitating the received idea that Cuomo murdered thousands of nursing home residents. Seems to me of Cuomo’s policies are responsible NY state’s #s would be worse than other states.

Did you even read my post?  This is why I stop responding to you, and then you get pissy about it.  Does the way NY chooses to report nursing home deaths underreport the issue, yes or no?

1/3 of the total US COVID deaths are in NYC and surrounding areas.  1/3.  Cuomo sent COVID patients back to nursing homes.  Please stop.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, drobeski said:

That guy is an idiot.

This x's a lot. Sad thing is, he wasn't trolling this time. He's actually that stupid.

Just now, Reality said:

This x's a lot. Sad thing is, he wasn't trolling this time. He's actually that stupid.

It's the gold medal event in the Stupid Olympics with those 2 every day. 

lol  So funny to see the Trumptards gang up on anyone that disagrees with one of their cult brothers.  This time it was MDC.  Later, it'll be me.  Then maybe Leeson if he decides to post something.  😂😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Did you even read my post?  This is why I stop responding to you, and then you get pissy about it.  Does the way NY chooses to report nursing home deaths underreport the issue, yes or no?

1/3 of the total US COVID deaths are in NYC and surrounding areas.  1/3.  Cuomo sent COVID patients back to nursing homes.  Please stop.

To answer your question, maybe. A follow up question: Is the way NY reports covid deaths in hospitals vs LTC facilities unique to NY? I don’t know. I bet you and Strike don’t either.

Don’t let that stop you from assuming NY’s nursing home deaths are higher as a % of overall covid deaths than other states and Cuomo “murdered” all the blur hairs.

Making him look as bad as Trump is the important thing here. :thumbsup: 

God Fauci says second wave may not happen and masks are merely symbolic.

"We often talk about the the possibility of a second wave, or of an outbreak when you're reopening," Fauci explained. "We don't have to accept that as an inevitability."

"Particularly," he continued, "when people start thinking about the fall. I want people to really appreciate that, it could happen, but it is not inevitable."

"I want to protect myself and protect others [by mask-wearing], and also because I want to make it be a symbol for people to see that that's the kind of thing you should be doing," he added.

During the interview, the infections diseases expert also admitted that wearing a mask is not 100% effective, but says that it is a gesture that shows "respect" for other people.

1 minute ago, Intense Observer said:

God Fauci says second wave may not happen and masks are merely symbolic.

"We often talk about the the possibility of a second wave, or of an outbreak when you're reopening," Fauci explained. "We don't have to accept that as an inevitability."

"Particularly," he continued, "when people start thinking about the fall. I want people to really appreciate that, it could happen, but it is not inevitable."

"I want to protect myself and protect others [by mask-wearing], and also because I want to make it be a symbol for people to see that that's the kind of thing you should be doing," he added.

During the interview, the infections diseases expert also admitted that wearing a mask is not 100% effective, but says that it is a gesture that shows "respect" for other people.

I know you had really big intentions when you posted this, but what did we learn?  Sounds like something I would have guessed Fauci said.  He wears a mask to protect himself and others, but as the foremost infectious disease doctor in the country and the inherited America's Doctor, he wears it to symbolize what we all should be doing.  And we've always known masks aren't 100% effective. Either are seat belts. 

NY is one of a few states, perhaps the only, that doesn't count COVID-19 deaths as nursing home related if they die at the hospital.

That is why on the chart I posted yesterday showing nursing home deaths as a percentage of overall deaths for each state, most states were in the 40-70% range, while NY was at 13%.

Juking the stats is what they call it in Baltimore.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2020/05/26/nursing-homes-assisted-living-facilities-0-6-of-the-u-s-population-43-of-u-s-covid-19-deaths/

9 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

NY is one of a few states, perhaps the only, that doesn't count COVID-19 deaths as nursing home related if they die at the hospital.

That is why on the chart I posted yesterday showing nursing home deaths as a percentage of overall deaths for each state, most states were in the 40-70% range, while NY was at 13%.

Juking the stats is what they call it in Baltimore.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2020/05/26/nursing-homes-assisted-living-facilities-0-6-of-the-u-s-population-43-of-u-s-covid-19-deaths/

Pffft. We invented juking the stats in NY. A long time ago.  

38 minutes ago, The Observer said:

lol  So funny to see the Trumptards gang up on anyone that disagrees with one of their cult brothers.  This time it was MDC.  Later, it'll be me.  Then maybe Leeson if he decides to post something.  😂😂😂😂

It is kind of lazy to pick on someone so dumb as you and MDC. But it's kind of fun and entertaining to pick on leftists who try so hard and still can't grasp reality. It's hard not to.

TDS is real. :banana:

If it weren’t for NY juking the stats, I bet their % of LTC covid deaths would be right on par with the rest of the country! 😡 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Whatever. The important thing is that Cuomo is a murderer. 😂 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

If it weren’t for NY juking the stats, I bet their % of LTC covid deaths would be right on par with the rest of the country! 😡 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Whatever. The important thing is that Cuomo is a murderer. 😂 

Well, since Cuomo ordered COVID patients back into LTCs, Occam's Razor would predict that those deaths would be somewhat higher than the rest of the country.  Especially since that is exactly the demographic which is susceptible to it.  Cuomo probably knows this, and as such we'll probably never know an apples to apples comparison for sure.

What I AM sure of is that I personally have never called him a murderer.  I think that between this, the encouraging of people to carry on as usual, and the lack of cleaning of public transportation, he has been fairly incompetent in this.  

Anyone gonna ask him why the beds on the hospital ships and at the Javits center went unused? His brother sure won’t. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone gonna ask him why the beds on the hospital ships and at the Javits center went unused? His brother sure won’t. 

Javits was used.  Over a thousand patients there.  Ship wan't needed. 

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Javits was used.  Over a thousand patients there.  Ship wan't needed. 

All the more reason patients should’nt have been sent to nursing homes. Giant fail. 

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, since Cuomo ordered COVID patients back into LTCs, Occam's Razor would predict that those deaths would be somewhat higher than the rest of the country.  Especially since that is exactly the demographic which is susceptible to it. 

My understanding is that Cuomo ordered LTC facilities to allow their residents to return home after they’d been medically cleared by a hospital without requiring a COVID test first.

That’s significantly different than the spin that he “ordered COVID patients back into LTCs.” I’m guessing most of those residents weren’t in the hospital for anything COVID-related and roughly none of them were known to be COVID positive.

Given that LTCs have been a hotbed of COVID activity in every state, Occam's Razor tells me it is an enormous leap to pin thousands of deaths on Cuomo. 👍🏻 

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

My understanding is that Cuomo ordered LTC facilities to allow their residents to return home after they’d been medically cleared by a hospital without requiring a COVID test first.

That’s significantly different than the spin that he “ordered COVID patients back into LTCs.” I’m guessing most of those residents weren’t in the hospital for anything COVID-related and roughly none of them were known to be COVID positive.

Given that LTCs have been a hotbed of COVID activity in every state, Occam's Razor tells me it is an enormous leap to pin thousands of deaths on Cuomo. 👍🏻 

I already said that I never called him a murderer.  :dunno:

And personally, I think that for the most part the leaders in our country are doing the best they can, and making the decisions that they think are best.  Any comment I made directly about Cuomo was in response to Newbie's blabbering about Trump causing 36K deaths.  36 thousand people, MDC$#@!  :rolleyes:

That all being said, since so many of the deaths have been in NYC and the surrounding area, we need to do some sort of post mortem (pardon the pun) on this data.  Why did this happen, and how do we avoid it when COVID 2021 comes around?  

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

And personally, I think that for the most part the leaders in our country are doing the best they can, and making the decisions that they think are best.  Any comment I made directly about Cuomo was in response to Newbie's blabbering about Trump causing 36K deaths.  36 thousand people, MDC$#@!  :rolleyes:

That all being said, since so many of the deaths have been in NYC and the surrounding area, we need to do some sort of post mortem (pardon the pun) on this data.  Why did this happen, and how do we avoid it when COVID 2021 comes around?  

You're getting the statistics wrong. 36000 represents the number of lives that could have been saved if Trump would have acted just one week earlier. There is a website that keeps a running tab on how many deaths they estimate he is responsible for. It's called Trump death count. Last I saw it it was close to 70,000 people. But carry on. LOL

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Don’t let that stop you from assuming NY’s nursing home deaths are higher as a % of overall covid deaths than other states 

Three things can be true at the same time...

1. NY did a sh!tty  job of protecting nursing homes

2.  NY doesnt report nursing home deaths accurately

3.  NY also did a tremendously sh!tty job of protecting the general pop.  Therefore NY nursing home deaths dont appear askew.

USA total pop: 328 million
COVID-19 deaths: 100,000 [lockdown]
Japan total pop: 126 million [condensed (island)]
COVID-19 deaths: 850 [no lockdown]

16 minutes ago, The Observer said:

. There is a website that keeps a running tab on how many deaths they estimate he is responsible for.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Agreed.

I think Trump has done a pretty embarrassing job but I’m not going to pin XX deaths on him. There will be plenty of blame to go around when this is all over.

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Three things can be true at the same time...

1. NY did a sh!tty  job of protecting nursing homes

2.  NY doesnt report nursing home deaths accurately

3.  NY also did a tremendously sh!tty job of protecting the general pop.  Therefore NY nursing home deaths dont appear askew.

It’s almost like New York is a huge metro area and a main point of entry for many of the countries (like Italy) that got hit with the pandemic before us.

Either that or COVID saw how Cuomo’s librul policies made NY weak and decided to invade there instead of Kansas or something. 🤔 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Agreed.

I think Trump has done a pretty embarrassing job but I’m not going to pin XX deaths on him. There will be plenty of blame to go around when this is all over.

It’s almost like New York is a huge metro area and a main point of entry for many of the countries (like Italy) that got hit with the pandemic before us.

Either that or COVID saw how Cuomo’s librul policies made NY weak and decided to invade there instead of Kansas or something. 🤔 

Japan says hello

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Strike et al have been regurgitating the received idea that Cuomo murdered thousands of nursing home residents. Seems to me if Cuomo’s policies are responsible NY state’s #s would be worse than other states.

Link?

32 minutes ago, MDC said:

Agreed.

So you agree with me, then don't?  Italy is no more a main point of entry than 100 other countries.  What we know about Italy is that they have an old population with a lot of smokers; not good for a virus which targets old people with respiratory issues.  Simple Occam's Razor solution unless we learn otherwise.

NYC is a huge metro area, but we've got a bunch of those, and they can't hold a beer to the shiotstorm that has been COVID in NYC and the surrounding metro area.  Why has it been so much worse there?  Hence my proposal for a post-mortem.  I'm speaking as an engineer here, but can pivot back to myopic political positions if you'd prefer.

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Link?

That was easy. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So you agree with me, then don't?  Italy is no more a main point of entry than 100 other countries.  What we know about Italy is that they have an old population with a lot of smokers; not good for a virus which targets old people with respiratory issues.  Simple Occam's Razor solution unless we learn otherwise.

NYC is a huge metro area, but we've got a bunch of those, and they can't hold a beer to the shiotstorm that has been COVID in NYC and the surrounding metro area.  Why has it been so much worse there?  Hence my proposal for a post-mortem.  I'm speaking as an engineer here, but can pivot back to myopic political positions if you'd prefer.

I suspect the main reasons NYC got hit are it’s a city with a ton of international travel, extremely dense metro area, and unlike a lot of places on the West Coast it’s heavy on mass transit.

That’s just my guess.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

That was easy. :lol: 

That's not accusing him of murder.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I suspect the main reasons NYC got hit are it’s a city with a ton of international travel, extremely dense metro area, and unlike a lot of places on the West Coast it’s heavy on mass transit.

That’s just my guess.

So why did Cuomo and Deblasio wait until a few weeks ago to, you know, clean the mass transit?

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

That's not accusing him of murder.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

:doublethumbsup: 

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s just my guess.

So should the diector of the NYC health dept be eviscerated like Trump when she said their "risk is low" and "preparation was high"?  You would think high preparation would include a plan to disinfect mass transit sooner than 2 months after this shat took off.

47 minutes ago, Strike said:

So why did Cuomo and Deblasio wait until a few weeks ago to, you know, clean the mass transit?

This.  :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So should the diector of the NYC health dept be eviscerated like Trump when she said their "risk is low" and "preparation was high"?  You would think high preparation would include a plan to disinfect mass transit sooner than 2 months after this shat took off.

Cuomo assured  everyone that NYC has the best health system in the country and that NY would not be like Italy.  They were well prepared. 

Japan has one of the oldest populations in the world, they chose to protect them, many US governors chose to kill them. 

Data!

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Maybe. I don’t know a lot about the details around it. What’s your point?

Just now, MDC said:

I don’t know a lot about the details around it.

Shocking,  imagine choosing to be as stupid as newbie.

• Thanks 1