Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Remember when the experts/scientists said we were looking at 2.2 million deaths?  100k is amazing. Thankfully President Trump had the foresight and courage to shut down travel and the border, even though he was told no to. Now we have to hold China accountable. It’s their fault. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Remember when the experts/scientists said we were looking at 2.2 million deaths?  100k is amazing. Thankfully President Trump had the foresight and courage to shut down travel and the border, even though he was told no to. Now we have to hold China accountable. It’s their fault. 

A month ago, it was going to end up between 50k-60k.  It's going to end up more than double that.  Worst handling of a crisis in American history.  And it's why he will be a one-termer and go down as the worst president in US history 

• Haha 1

Science- looking at 2.2 million deaths. Donald Trump-  Not on my watch. We got this. 

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Science- looking at 2.2 million deaths. Donald Trump-  Not on my watch. We got this. 

Phenomenal job by Trump, honestly, can't be overstated. True national hero. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Phenomenal job by Trump, honestly, can't be overstated. True national hero. 

:thumbsup:

Good article from NYT talking about the political divide of this issue:

https://apple.news/AlR6wBxg7Rei-deDTRl3ihw

Arlie Hochschild, a sociologist at the University of California, Berkeley, and the author of a 2016 book about the American right called “Strangers in Their Own Land.”

“In the absence of trust, you just believe your eyes and the information that you see in your Facebook feed,” she said.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Arlie Hochschild, a sociologist at the University of California, Berkeley, and the author of a 2016 book about the American right called “Strangers in Their Own Land.”

“In the absence of trust, you just believe your eyes and the information that you see in your Facebook feed,” she said.

lol. I think Russian collusion was fairly prominent on Facebook.  So I’m told.  What a crock. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

lol. I think Russian collusion was fairly prominent on Facebook.  So I’m told.  What a crock. 

And a lot of people bought it. 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

And a lot of people bought it. 

Your boy Arlie was slinging that shite one way. It goes both ways. The leftist false narrative that those other people are stupid. Not stupid enough to fall for that nonsense. 

I believe data, interpreted via logic.  That's why you see me posting credible links when I find new information about the Chinese Lung Aids.

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your boy Arlie was slinging that shite one way. It goes both ways. The leftist false narrative that those other people are stupid. Not stupid enough to fall for that nonsense. 

My boy, Arlie? The quote is bipartisan. People believe what they want to believe when they don’t trust. 

Colorado Covid deaths:

The majority of deaths — 55% — are among people over age 80; 23% of deaths occurred in people between ages 70-79 and 13% were in people ages 60-69.

Over 90% are people 60 years old or older.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Colorado Covid deaths:

Shut it down!

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Colorado Covid deaths:

They should just shut down bingo parlors. 

29 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My boy, Arlie? The quote is bipartisan. People believe what they want to believe when they don’t trust. 

The title of his book doesn’t sound very bi-partisan.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The title of his book doesn’t sound very bi-partisan.  

It is a “she”. A Stanford sociologist would likely be liberal, but the quote goes both ways.

I saw a buddy of mine over the weekend smoking a cig, he hasn't had one in 10 years.  He was furloughed from his job and I gathered he has been drinking heavily again and started back smoking.  It made me wonder how many people that has happened too?    300 million Americans (actually more but lets go on the low side).  I'd wager a day's pay that 10% of them are ex-smokers.  Now we are down to 30 million people.  What if just 1%, only 1% of them due to stress of the shutdown and all ramification started back.  That is 300 thousand people.  

Just one more thing to think about....people are so laser focused with blinders on....on Covid-19 "stats" that we rarely think about all the ancillary things we've done to ourselves with the reaction.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I saw a buddy of mine over the weekend smoking a cig, he hasn't had one in 10 years.  He was furloughed from his job and I gathered he has been drinking heavily again and started back smoking.  It made me wonder how many people that has happened too?    300 million Americans (actually more but lets go on the low side).  I'd wager a day's pay that 10% of them are ex-smokers.  Now we are down to 30 million people.  What if just 1%, only 1% of them due to stress of the shutdown and all ramification started back.  That is 300 thousand people.  

Just one more thing to think about....people are so laser focused with blinders on....on Covid-19 "stats" that we rarely think about all the ancillary things we've done to ourselves with the reaction.

I have 2 friends who quit drinking as a result of being furloughed (didn’t want to drink all day). Do we count them too?

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have 2 friends who quit drinking as a result of being furloughed (didn’t want to drink all day). Do we count them too?

Jesus, why is it always tit-for-tat?

I think we can all agree that some good things have resulted from the lockdown. Fewer automobile fatalities, dui's... etc. Families have been forced to spend more time together. I mean, you had to have the kids, you should prolly spend time with them. 

There have also been some negatives associated with the lockdown and some of those negatives have resulted in unnecessary suffering and death. 

It isn't either/or, it's a combination of both and whether or not is is/was worth it is subjective based on personal experience. 

Some people have benefited from the lockdown some people haven't. And as I said earlier, we won't know the ultimate toll for quite some time. 

26 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Jesus, why is it always tit-for-tat?

I think we can all agree that some good things have resulted from the lockdown. Fewer automobile fatalities, dui's... etc. Families have been forced to spend more time together. I mean, you had to have the kids, you should prolly spend time with them. 

There have also been some negatives associated with the lockdown and some of those negatives have resulted in unnecessary suffering and death. 

It isn't either/or, it's a combination of both and whether or not is is/was worth it is subjective based on personal experience. 

Some people have benefited from the lockdown some people haven't. And as I said earlier, we won't know the ultimate toll for quite some time. 

I am totally good with that and agree. I think there are shades in this and a balance between the options. I still think we have some who think we shut down everything until we have a vaccine and others who think we pretend it never happened. 

• Like 1

Well sure, but logically speaking that goes against all common sense.  Stress = more self medicating.  Do you not agree?

There are always exceptions to a rule.  

ETA:  Are you, with a straight face,  really arguing that in times of financial stress and despair people generally choose healthier lifestyles? 

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Well sure, but logically speaking that goes against all common sense.  Stress = more self medicating.  Do you not agree?

There are always exceptions to a rule.  

ETA:  Are you, with a straight face,  really arguing that in times of financial stress and despair people generally choose healthier lifestyles? 

No, I don’t think that one thing is happening in the absence of reliable data. I was pointing out that your buddy with a cigarette is no different than my friend(s) hopping on the wagon. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No, I don’t think that one thing is happening in the absence of reliable data. I was pointing out that your buddy with a cigarette is no different than my friend(s) hopping on the wagon. 

Dude, really?  You are seriously arguing that people may choose a healthier lifestyle in times of stress and despair over drinking, smoking and drugging more?  That's your stance?  Again, obviously there are exceptions to any rule. 

With a straight face, that's your argument.?

ETA:  Are y'all reading this? Its groundbreaking,....stress, isolation, financial disrepair  is actually GOOD for your health and well being choices.   You may get sober, quit smoking, exercise more.   

35 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dude, really?  You are seriously arguing that people may choose a healthier lifestyle in times of stress and despair over drinking, smoking and drugging more?  That's your stance?  Again, obviously there are exceptions to any rule. 

ETA:  Are y'all reading this? Its groundbreaking,....stress, isolation, financial disrepair  is actually GOOD for your health and well being choices.   You may just get sober, quit smoking, exercise more.   

Dudes in prison often get pretty pumped up I understand. Maybe we can throw everyone in prison and feed them kale and water and give them a cell they can do pushups in all the time.  :dunno:

35 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

ETA:  Are y'all reading this? Its groundbreaking,....stress, isolation, financial disrepair  is actually GOOD for your health and well being choices.   You may just get sober, quit smoking, exercise more.   

Apparently, my other response never posted. In difficult times, some people step up to help themselves and others, some choose to mail it in. 

As far as this being my “argument”, I am not choosing to argue over it. You might want to, but I am not trying to convince you of anything. 

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Apparently, my other response never posted. In difficult times, some people step up to help themselves and others, some choose to mail it in. 

As far as this being my “argument”, I am not choosing to argue over it. You might want to, but I am not trying to convince you of anything. 

This is one of the reasons I dislike the Geek Club.   A guy knows a guy who is the exception to the rule of logic and common sense so we have to talk in circles.  

Y'all have a good night, hope you enjoyed the Memorial Day Weekend.

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is one of the reasons I dislike the Geek Club.   A guy knows a guy who is the exception to the rule of logic and common sense so we have to talk in circles.  

Y'all have a good night, hope you enjoyed the Memorial Day Weekend.

Agreed! Of course, you ignore the fact that you brought up your cigarette smoking buddy first. :rolleyes:

Found out Friday that one of my employees has COVID now.  His wife got it at her work and now he got it from his wife.  Had a 104 temp for a couple days.

18 hours ago, Strike said:

Colorado Covid deaths:

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

Fukin Trump!   now he's killing Canadians. What a d!ck.  I mean, it must be his fault, right?

They actually posted this graph on Twitter trying to take a shot at Republican led States.  :doh:

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

They actually posted this graph on Twitter trying to take a shot at Republican led States.  :doh:

Wow..

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

How is that a shot? The red states stayed low and have leveled/fell overall. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Their post was dumb to make.  It shows the greatest decline because they had the greatest numbers.  It also makes them look bad because they had the highest numbers and that give republicans ammo to criticize them.  Republicans most likely won't take account for the large population of the Democratic states though.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

How is that a shot? The red states stayed low and have leveled/fell overall. 

Did you read their tweet?  That was their take-a-way from the graph. 

Democratic governors now realize they are on the hook for these numbers too. The numbers are coming down. Cuomo already changed how they count the chinavirus deaths now. It’s very transparent. Plus they are also the ones making the call to re-open. That’s not Trumps call. Fun with numbers.