Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

The "News"...

I know it's not a new thing lately... but I had one of those sort of flashpoints... you know the ones where you come to this sense of realization... but a conscious realization... where you're cognizant you're thinking something.

Tonight I'm scrolling past my google android "newsfeed" and it really dawned on me... holeeee fock... I don't believe any of it... Absolutely... focking  ZERO trust.  It was a surreal moment... not some weirdo conspiracy theory bullsh!t but for real... I believe none of it... from either side...  my goodness.. how the fock did we get here?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I know it's not a new thing lately... but I had one of those sort of flashpoints... you know the ones where you come to this sense of realization... but a conscious realization... where you're cognizant you're thinking something.

Tonight I'm scrolling past my google android "newsfeed" and it really dawned on me... holeeee fock... I don't believe any of it... Absolutely... focking  ZERO trust.  It was a surreal moment... not some weirdo conspiracy theory bullsh!t but for real... I believe none of it... from either side...  my goodness.. how the fock did we get here?

Thats the thing. They don't need you to believe it. First off, they got paid for you viewing it, belief or not.

Secondly, you read something often enough, it becomes true. At least for most people. They don't report news... They produce content to advance the agenda. 

• Like 2

I had the same realization recently. The Woke Cult staged a coup in many newsrooms across the country a couple of weeks ago and now even pretenses of impartiality are tossed out. It’s full on, no holds barred wokeness from here on out.

4 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

People distrusted the New York Times in 1863 so much for promoting a wartime draft that a mob attacked their office in Manhattan.  The staffers at the NYT actually manned gatling guns mounted on the building to shoot and kill Americans to stop it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Secondly, you read something often enough, it becomes true. At least for most people. They don't report news... They produce content to advance the agenda. 

That's clearly NOT happening.  Trust in the press has collapsed in the US over the past 50 years.  Its more accurate to say the press had amassed considered trust after World War 2 and they've now spent all of it.  Now the press is basically resorting to fascism, open threats, and fear to try to advance an agenda.  The public will tire of that pretty quickly because they aren't children.

15 minutes ago, riversco said:

That's clearly NOT happening.  Trust in the press has collapsed in the US over the past 50 years.  Its more accurate to say the press had amassed considered trust after World War 2 and they've now spent all of it.  Now the press is basically resorting to fascism, open threats, and fear to try to advance an agenda.  The public will tire of that pretty quickly because they aren't children.

By press, I include social media. Places like this. The echo chambers of the internet. Most people believe what they hear enough. Are the cops systemically racist? Doesn't matter. Speak it enough and it becomes so.

For example, today in my 8th grade class, I was doing speaking exercises on a variety of topics. One of them was racism.

20 kids said the same word simultaneously... They said "Trump."

Ask them why? What did he do that is racist? They don't know. Just the internet and TV said. 

We hip savvy Americans pretend to not. Be influenced by it, but we are. That thing we read pops into our head during a discussion, and we go with it. 

1 minute ago, riversco said:

8th graders are not really ever counted in polls tho.

You think adults are different? 

Go do a poll on "is Trump racist." you'll get north of 50% say yes, even though they cant point to a thing he's said or done to earn that. The savvy ones will point to the old lawsuit thing, and then pivot to the "good folks" misquote from Charlottesville. But that's it.

Perception shapes reality. It's been known in politics for milenia. Now we have powerful tools in the hands of a tiny number of people driving that for their own agenda. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Go do a poll on "is Trump racist." you'll get north of 50% say yes, even though they cant point to a thing he's said or done to earn that. The savvy ones will point to the old lawsuit thing, and then pivot to the "good folks" misquote from Charlottesville. But that's it.

Perception shapes reality. It's been known in politics for milenia. Now we have powerful tools in the hands of a tiny number of people driving that for their own agenda. 

Polls show a majority of anericans also believe whites face racism.  The media did nothing to promote that idea.  Maybe people just see racism in both directions and all over the place now.

There's also a very long term supercycle of globalism and nationalism.  The human race seems to go thru long periods of globalism that terminate in long periods of nationalism and back again.    Right now we are very clearly ending our most recent period of globalism and entering a new nationalism phase.  The media is extremely globalist and won't be able to fight the tide.  As you can tell, its driven by loss of trust in the old system.  People are losing faith in globalism.  i expect the eu and un to collapse.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

can you think of any more examples?

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I had the same realization recently. The Woke Cult staged a coup in many newsrooms across the country a couple of weeks ago and now even pretenses of impartiality are tossed out. It’s full on, no holds barred wokeness from here on out.

6 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

1984. Read it.

If we don't stop them now, this is their end game. At first it would be 'all rosy' to them. A paradise in their retarded minds and then it would head south and this book is what it would end up like.

58 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Can you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

What does "mostly peaceful protests" mean? How many times did CNN use the world looter, vandal, rioter? Zero?

When you do a search for protests and covid19 all you get are stories about how white people throwing parties in the cause for the spike recently.  Every single article goes out of its way to mention that the protests are NOT the cause of the spike. Even though we all know that can't be possible. 

58 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

What does "mostly peaceful protests" mean? How many times did CNN use the world looter, vandal, rioter? Zero?

what does that have to do with all the tea in China.  I don't work for CNN or claim anything about them.  I am accountable for my words not theirs.  TBBoM is to his.  saavy ones..old lawsuit?  🤔  more like racist move to me or anyone honest.  CPark 5, pretty much every black person that rolled thru the apprentice interactions with him, birtherism, the way he talks about any latinos, muslims, native americans.  I don't think he wears the red hood at the picnics but he has earned claims of racism against him through his words and actions.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

what does that have to do with all the tea in China.  I don't work for CNN or claim anything about them.  I am accountable for my words not theirs.  TBBoM is to his.  saavy ones..old lawsuit?  🤔  more like racist move to me or anyone honest.  CPark 5, pretty much every black person that rolled thru the apprentice interactions with him, birtherism, the way he talks about any latinos, muslims, native americans.  I don't think he wears the red hood at the picnics but he has earned claims of racism against him through his words and actions.  

What a crock.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

I don't think so.  You can become so alienated to believe that you are actually in the minority when you are not  The left owns the flow and dissemination of information.  They control thought now.  You want to search for something on the internet, do it on google, and then do it on TOR.  It's amazing how different the results are.  They control what we see and what we watch and read and what we think.  What percent of the populace caused the uprising in Syria?  I would wager a very small group as opposed to the total population but look at what happened there.  Americans have been so insulated for so long that we honestly believe that couldn't happen here.  This group we are seeing now in the US is equally small imo but aggressive and organized and colluded with by the media in all its forms.  We live in very dangerous times and I'm not as confident as you that we will collectively wake up.   

23 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Sorry, but racism does not equal NOT agreeing with you.

There is nothing he's said or done to think that he's a racist.  Everything has been blown out of proportion in order to "GET TRUMP!" after the Dems thought for sure they were going to coast to a victory in 2016.  Think about this:  That loss hurt so bad that the left is willing to put this country thru a civil war to get their way.  Everything they've done and said since 2016 has been exclusively to "GET TRUMP!".

30 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

CP5.  Lol.  You gotta be a complete idiot to think those animals were innocent.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Holy shiot! Can you imagine if Sharpton and Jackson knew about all this BEFORE they honored him and gave him awards. 

Fock, the people that gave him the Elis Island Medal of Honor for his work in the black community must be kicking themselves. 

oh, nevermind. he wasn’t a politician back then

President Donald Trump promoted a video on Twitter Sunday morning showing a man in a golf cart with Trump campaign gear shouting "white power."

The video, which Trump said was from the Florida retirement community known as The Villages, featured a parade of golf carts, some with pro-Trump signs, driving past anti-Trump protesters who were shouting curses at them. The man who is heard shouting "white power" was responding to protesters shouting "racist."

The tweet was removed from his feed hours later.

"Thank you to the great people of The Villages," Trump had written. "The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!!!"

Link  :doh: 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Come talk to me when Trump's supporters are looting and burning cities, toppling statues, defacing and destroying private and public property, attacking, physically and verbally those who disagree, blocking traffic on public roads and highways etc. and Trump still defends, supports and panders to them.  Then you might have something.  

58 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Sorry, but racism does not equal NOT agreeing with you.

There is nothing he's said or done to think that he's a racist.  Everything has been blown out of proportion in order to "GET TRUMP!" after the Dems thought for sure they were going to coast to a victory in 2016.  Think about this:  That loss hurt so bad that the left is willing to put this country thru a civil war to get their way.  Everything they've done and said since 2016 has been exclusively to "GET TRUMP!".

actually there is a lot, and many before 2016.  you are aware of that right?

34 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Come talk to me when Trump's supporters are looting and burning cities, toppling statues, defacing and destroying private and public property, attacking, physically and verbally those who disagree, blocking traffic on public roads and highways etc. and Trump still defends, supports and panders to them.  Then you might have something.  

Think this tweet was an accident?

Oh look, another white person deciding what’s racist and what isn’t. So glad we have you as a pathfinder to show us the light about something you have zero experience in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

CP5.  Lol.  You gotta be a complete idiot to think those animals were innocent.  

reality is they were eventually found not guilty or charges vacated, due to a confession and then dna match of confessor, and then won a 41mil settlement.  

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh look, another white person deciding what’s racist and what isn’t. So glad we have you as a pathfinder to show us the light about something you have zero experience in. 

you'll have to give TBBoM that pathfinding credit.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Think this tweet was an accident?

I know nothing about this tweet and it will be newsworthy for like 14 seconds so I'm not even going to google it but if it was quickly removed as you said then I would assume, yes, it was an accident, and he or whoever tweets for him was unaware that someone yelled white power.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I know nothing about this tweet and it will be newsworthy for like 14 seconds so I'm not even going to google it but if it was quickly removed as you said then I would assume, yes, it was an accident, and he or whoever tweets for him was unaware that someone yelled white power.

How many “accidents” of this type would you need to be convinced it’s not an accident?

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

reality is they were eventually found not guilty or charges vacated, due to a confession and then dna match of confessor, and then won a 41mil settlement.  

So that’s what you’re basing your analysis on? Never bothered to actually look into it? So if I beat the shite out of a woman but don’t have sex with her, and someone else does leaving behind DNA,  I’m innocent because  there was none of my DNA on her? You should be a detective.  

Big difference in just being a d!ck or being a d!ck based on race.  Im sure theres way more white people that hes been a d!ck to.  Theres no denying hes a d!ck.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

How many “accidents” of this type would you need to be convinced it’s not an accident?

Let's just think logically.  Do you think Trump needs to work to get the white power vote?  In your mind, is there a chance that that small sliver of society is going to vote for  Biden / Harris?

Come on, man.  Trump doesn't want to lose what little black and minority support he currently has.  Period.  It was an accident.

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Let's just think logically.  Do you think Trump needs to work to get the white power vote?  In your mind, is there a chance that that small sliver of society is going to vote for  Biden / Harris?

Come on, man.  Trump doesn't want to lose what little black and minority support he currently has.  Period.  It was an accident.

You didn’t answer my question. I’ll be offline for a while but I’ll check back later. :thumbsup: 

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Big difference in just being a d!ck or being a d!ck based on race.  Im sure theres way more white people that hes been a d!ck to.  Theres no denying hes a d!ck.

yeah.  i don't know if i really believe he is racist, but to say there nothing to it, or its just the media is not accurate.  all you have is excuses, like fandandy's 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So that’s what you’re basing your analysis on? Never bothered to actually look into it? So if I beat the shite out of a woman but don’t have sex with her, and someone else does leaving behind DNA,  I’m innocent because  there was none of my DNA on her? You should be a detective.  

I should be a detective.  Lawyer also.  Probably a Judge.  Judge, Jury, and Executioner Herbivore!!!