Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Trivial things that bug the hell out of you?

I'm convinced that at a young age young girls are taught that if they believe strongly enough, if they don't reach for their purse or pocketbook or wallet or checkbook or debit card, that if they truly believe, the grocery fairy will make all of their groceries free as long as they don't do anything to make it seem like they think that when all the beeping stops, there will be a price to pay.

Seriously, stop with the zombie walk. If you can't effectively walk and look at your phone at the same time, I should be legally entitled to be able to body check you into the wall.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:27 AM, Masshole said:

Mine is people who leave a message and then blurt out their call back # in about half a second.    You know I am going to have to write down this phone # so I can call you back, right?   So how about saying it slowly enough that I can write it down instead of having to replay your voicemail 6 times to get the #?

That annoyed me circa 2005. Now it annoys me when people leave me voicemail at all.

We're all on cellphones here. I saw that you called me. If I give a sh!t, I'll return it or text you.

I haven't even set up voicemail on my phones in years.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

Seriously, stop with the zombie walk. If you can't effectively walk and look at your phone at the same time, I should be legally entitled to be able to body check you into the wall.

In China they drive staring at their phones. Even motor bikes.

One time, some retard was on his phone while driving his bike and veered into me. I slapped the phone out of his hand. Sadly, it got crushed by a bus.

Stop spelling s*** phonetically. Especially on menus. It's not mash potato. It's not fry rice. Jesus, that pisses me off.  I get it if you're some gook immigrant. But the guy printing the menus (or menue's) for you? Have you heard of spell check?

And while we're at it? Stop using apostrophes like we have a surplus of them. Stop telling me it's two pizza's for $12.

Fish in the office microwave---though right now I'm feeling this is a lot more than trivial and should be a beating offense! :mad:

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Fish in the office microwave---though right now I'm feeling this is a lot more than trivial and should be a beating offense! :mad:

Yeah, that's nasty.  I microwave my cat's food for 20 seconds and I always hate it when I grab the fish variety.  

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Yeah, that's nasty.  I microwave my cat's food for 20 seconds and I always hate it when I grab the fish variety.  

For me it's eggs  in a microwave. The smell grosses me out. One guy where I worked used to go to the kitchen and do that every single morning at like 8AM or so. That smell would just drift out over anywhere within 40 feet of the kitchen entrance. 

🤮

1 hour ago, joeshushu said:

Text messages telling me how I can increase my dong size 2.2 inches. 

You don’t think they can actually double it? :dunno:

On 9/9/2020 at 3:45 AM, wiffleball said:

Stop using apostrophes like we have a surplus of them. Stop telling me it's two pizza's for $12.

This'^

6 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

People who get their stomach stapled, drop like 100 lbs then 5 years later gain 150lbs.

Or not doing anything with the excess skin.  Like that's somehow less attractive then them being disgustingly fat.  What, were you in an accident, and had your flesh bags deploy?

• Haha 1

"Slashing"...  Can any article or comment that talks about AVG/OBP/SLG come up with something other than "slashing"?

On 9/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, Utilit99 said:

Having to take an hour long ethics and compliance training for work about racism. 

And then go directly to your weekly KKK chapter meeting.

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

And then go directly to your weekly KKK chapter meeting.

If only there weren't so many democrats deep rooted into their system. :mad:

On 9/22/2020 at 4:33 PM, Utilit99 said:

Having to take an hour long ethics and compliance training for work about racism. 

You should be able sue HR for a hostile work environment

Sam's Club this morning and the flatbed cart I select out of the fifty waiting there is the one with what seemed to be one square wheel.  It never fails.  I will always choose the shittiest cart.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Sam's Club this morning and the flatbed cart I select out of the fifty waiting there is the one with what seemed to be one square wheel.  It never fails.  I will always choose the shittiest cart.

Did you realize it after the point of no return, or did you swap it for a smooth roller?  😎

I have the same problem with Walmart shopping carts and tend to believe that there's actually something wrong with 90% of them.  🤔

Meanwhile, Aldi carts are always perfect because of the $.25 motivation to take care of them.  😏

Just now, Mookz said:

Did you realize it after the point of no return, or did you swap it for a smooth roller?  😎

I have the same problem with Walmart shopping carts and tend to believe that there's actually something wrong with 90% of them.  🤔

Meanwhile, Aldi carts are always perfect because of the $.25 motivation to take care of them.  😏

It was too late.  I'm 50 feet through the sliding doors and once I got up to speed I realized this thing was a pile of sh1t.  I slowed my roll and cursed under my breath and when I got to the freezer section I spotted a flatbed just sitting in the aisle.  I snatched it and never looked back.

After not coming around all of this brutally hot summer, the ice cream man has decided to come to our neighborhood. At dinner time. 

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It was too late.  I'm 50 feet through the sliding doors and once I got up to speed I realized this thing was a pile of sh1t.  I slowed my roll and cursed under my breath and when I got to the freezer section I spotted a flatbed just sitting in the aisle.  I snatched it and never looked back.

Nice!  Really glad that you found redemption.  👏

Although I'm a little worried about what might have happened to the previous owner of that cart.  :(

11 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Nice!  Really glad that you found redemption.  👏

Although I'm a little worried about what might have happened to the previous owner of that cart.  :(

I'm 99% certain it was just there.  The store had just opened.  

Peave threads :mad:

When people refer to years in this century as "Two-Thousand...." Example, when they're referring to 2017, they'll say "Back in Two Thousand Seventeen", or even worse "Two-Thousand and Seventeen". We're 20 years into this century, the novelty of "2000" has long worn off. Just say "Seventeen". If you're referring to 2004, just say "Oh Four". I hear news and sportscasters all the time referring to "Two-Thousand...etc". Just this morning, I heard some sportscaster refer to "Two-Thousand and Nineteen". It was last friggin year, for God's sake, just say "Nineteen", or how about just "last year". :mad: