Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

UPDATE: Cam Newton COVID-19 - KC/NE Scheduled for Monday night

This has been the worry... late-week positives. As we've seen with the Titans it can take days to be sure you've captured all the positive results. Gotta think the NE / KC game is in jeopardy.

Ne players are being sent home.  Hard to think they could move the game to Monday with the chiefs scheduled to play the bills Thursday

If, by chance, they do play, who is the starting QB....Stidham or Hoyer?

That impacts next week too with bills and chiefs on Thursday

I'm messed up chiefs play raiders week 5 then bills Thursday week 6

Raiders are on bye week 6.  Bills play titans next week.  Covid going to let that happen? Bills and raiders next week.  Chiefs/ Bills next week and raiders/ Bills week 6?

This is an interesting wrinkle.  If you keep your chiefs and patriots in the line up expecting a Tuesday game and then more cases pop Monday or Tuesday you could take 0's.

This is why I was reluctant to even bother with fantasy football this year.  It was only a matter of time.  It's gonna cascade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Ne players are being sent home.  Hard to think they could move the game to Monday with the chiefs scheduled to play the bills Thursday

The dreaded Thursday night game, lol

At what point do they realize those don't work out well?

1 hour ago, BobSanders_33 said:

This is an interesting wrinkle.  If you keep your chiefs and patriots in the line up expecting a Tuesday game and then more cases pop Monday or Tuesday you could take 0's.

Glad I decided to switch out Julian Edelman for Jerry Jeudy at the last second Thursday night

1 hour ago, klaatu said:

This is why I was reluctant to even bother with fantasy football this year.  It was only a matter of time.  It's gonna cascade.

You were wise to listen to Axe Elf.

Parenthetically, that was certified in 2018 as the most commonly-heard phrase at the end of every fantasy football season.

Have someone asking in a league to be able to name a couple replacements by tomorrow 1pm in the event their players (Mahomes) don’t play Tuesday. What are leagues doing?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You were wise to listen to Axe Elf.

Parenthetically, that was certified in 2018 as the most commonly-heard phrase at the end of every fantasy football season.

Dobby wants to protect Harry Potter as Harry Potter is a great wizard.

47 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

What are leagues doing?

In the redraft leagues that I commish, I have told all owners via message to be prepared for the possibility that the NE/KC game could be cancelled after the other NFL games on Sunday were completed. If owners were uncomfortable with that possible eventuality, they needed to make other plans for their starting roster. If they chose to roll the dice and start a player from either team (much like choosing to start a truly "questionable" player on Monday night), the outcome for that decision was on them, even if it involved a zero for that roster position.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, klaatu said:

Darn this mandemic 

I’m allowing for teams to designate a replacement player from their bench should the game get cancelled after Sunday’s games start. Game goes on then u get the player in your lineup. Seems pretty simple and logical to me.

26 minutes ago, lostsoulny said:

I’m allowing for teams to designate a replacement player from their bench should the game get cancelled after Sunday’s games start. Game goes on then u get the player in your lineup. Seems pretty simple and logical to me.

I was thinking about this earlier today and have proposed this to my league, but I can't force it in for this week given that I'm probably the biggest beneficiary.  With Diontae Johnson and Jonnu Smith already forced into a bye week and Godwin out, not knowing whether or not Hill is a go this week is painful.  I'm scraping the barrel with Sanders, Renfrow and whatever other waiver wire scrub I can find to fill in for Hill (likely Greg Ward). I wish I thought of this earlier!

5 hours ago, lostsoulny said:

Yes it does, it’s a great move. 

Sounds like we're tracking for getting this game played in Week 4. Both teams would prefer to play Monday but no official announcement from the league yet..

This makes me think chiefs are on the clear too

So does the Chiefs DST get a boost with Cam out?