Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Vegans are more likely to suffer fractured bones than people who have meat and fish in their diet

https://news.sky.com/story/vegans-more-likely-to-break-bones-than-meat-eaters-study-finds-12139886

A study based on data from nearly 55,000 people - of which nearly 2,000 were vegans - found that those who were not meat eaters were 43% more likely to suffer any type of broken bone.

The participants in the EPIC-Oxford study were followed for 18 years on average.

The results showed 3,941 fractures occurred in total, and the biggest difference was found in hip fractures, where the risk in vegans was 2.3 times higher than in people who ate meat.

The study has been published in BMC Medicine and lead author Dr Tammy Tong, a nutritional epidemiologist at the Nuffield Department of Population Health, said: "We found that vegans had a higher risk of total fractures which resulted in close to 20 more cases per 1,000 people over a 10-year period compared to people who ate meat."

The fault lies at the feet of white people who made this world so uneven and sharp that people slip and fall and break their bones.  If only the world was more equal and level, this wouldn't happen.

Wow..You guys actually wish ill will on vegans now?   LOL    

You all crack me up sometimes.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Male vegans are homos, it's a literal fact 

The only male vegans I know (5 of them), are all gay.

22 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Male vegans are homos, it's a literal fact 

And liberal

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The only male vegans I know (5 of them), are all gay.

The only vegetarians I know are hindu.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, I think that's assumed... no?

Not all liberals are gay, but all gays are liberal

Vegans have lower rates of cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes though.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, MDC said:

Are you saying CVVM is good for you?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Are you saying CVVM is good for you?

Actually, the opposite... in a sense.  It's animal based, hence, non-vegan.

47 minutes ago, MDC said:

True, but at a less rate than some of the detriments.  Meaning, as stated above, 20 in 1000 vegans have weaker bones density, but only 10 in 1000 have lower risk of cardiovascular disease.  They also have a higher risk of stroke, at 3 in 1000.

There's tons of information out there, but long term veganism is very unhealthy.  There's nothing wrong with it in bursts and/or longer, but not too long of periods of time, but to make it a life altering dedication is very unhealthy.  The human body is an omnivorous one.  To deny your body of vitamins and minerals only found in meat based products will lend to an unhealthy future.  One of the reasons you'd find that vegans have lower rates of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes, is because they don't live long enough to suffer from them.  Genetics is the end-all-be-all winner.  If you're predisposed to get cancer and go on a vegan kick, yeah... you may push that off, say 5 years (just an example), but if because of veganism, your bone density suffers... you fall and break a hip and die in 3... did a vegan diet really help after all?

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

True, but at a less rate than some of the detriments.  Meaning, as stated above, 20 in 1000 vegans have weaker bones density, but only 10 in 1000 have lower risk of cardiovascular disease.  They also have a higher risk of stroke, at 3 in 1000.

There's tons of information out there, but long term veganism is very unhealthy.  There's nothing wrong with it in bursts and/or longer, but not too long of periods of time, but to make it a life altering dedication is very unhealthy.  The human body is an omnivorous one.  To deny your body of vitamins and minerals only found in meat based products will lend to an unhealthy future.  One of the reasons you'd find that vegans have lower rates of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes, is because they don't live long enough to suffer from them.  Genetics is the end-all-be-all winner.  If you're predisposed to get cancer and go on a vegan kick, yeah... you may push that off, say 5 years (just an example), but if because of veganism, your bone density suffers... you fall and break a hip and die in 3... did a vegan diet really help after all?

I’ve never heard that vegans have a shorter life expectancy. A lot more people are dying of obesity, diabetes, cardiac disease and cancers than broken bones.

I’m not vegan but they are in general more healthy than non vegans. Some of that is probably correlation vs causation tho.

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not a vegan but this is definitely one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. 

So not only does veganism not help you live longer but it actually kills you faster?   Man I have seen dumb on this board, but this one is top tier stupid.

35 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm not a vegan but this is definitely one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. 

So not only does veganism not help you live longer but it actually kills you faster?   Man I have seen dumb on this board, but this one is top tier stupid.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come through.  The part of dying sooner wasn't serious.  My bad for trying to incorporate humor.  Though, the earlier parts are true.  Vegans do have lesser chance of cardiovascular disease and what not, but the rates are not as good as the problems they face.

If you look at the Blue Zones where people live the longest, they eat mostly veggies but some meat and fish, and eggs are a superfood.  I'm not sure about dairy.  Anyway, vegans should work in some animal products, and the typical American fatty should do the same with veggies.

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come through.  The part of dying sooner wasn't serious.  My bad for trying to incorporate humor.  Though, the earlier parts are true.  Vegans do have lesser chance of cardiovascular disease and what not, but the rates are not as good as the problems they face.

Lol my bad then. Long day.  I completely missed the sarcasm.  So it appears MY post was epic level dumb. 

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Lol my bad then. Long day.  I completely missed the sarcasm.  So it appears MY post was epic level dumb. 

No, I read over my post and I did do a poor job.  I was trying to make fun of vegans a little and well, I did a crappy job.

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If you look at the Blue Zones where people live the longest, they eat mostly veggies but some meat and fish, and eggs are a superfood.  I'm not sure about dairy.  Anyway, vegans should work in some animal products, and the typical American fatty should do the same with veggies.

Yes, the ideal dietary lifestyle is omnivorous leaning in favor of (approximately), 65/35 vegetarian.  Being a vegan or carnivore have their merits, but they also have downsides which counter balance (in my opinion), the benefits.  As I did say above, having a spells of veganhood (I don't think that's a word, but oh well), isn't bad... but long term, there are detriments.   The same goes for diets that are high in meats.  Most vegans don't last long... or are frauds.  They'll make it a year or 2... maybe 3, but they don't really stick with it much more than that.  The ones that do, are quite cheaters.  They're not as vegan as they claim.

People don't eat enough fruits and vegetables... our healthcare system is proof of that.  Honestly, if people truly ate and exercised properly, healthcare wouldn't even be an issue.

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

its ptobably due to getting punched in face from constantly telling everyone they are vegan.

Yep, and I hope they are enjoying their squash and eggplant mixture that is formed in the shape of a turkey for thanksgiving as they constantly tell everyone else  how much they enjoy it and that the others are missing out on something so delicious. Sounding like MDC talking about his wife again. 🤮 

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep, and I hope they are enjoying their squash and eggplant mixture that is formed in the shape of a turkey for thanksgiving as they constantly tell everyone else  how much they enjoy it and that the others are missing out on something so delicious. Sounding like MDC talking about his wife again. 🤮 

Wut? You’re more obsessed than Corky Tardcuck.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Is it because they get their ass kicked for being pompous azzholes?

Came to say this lol...

Kevin James does a skit on vegans and gluten douches and peanut butter allergists.. hilarious.

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wut? You’re more obsessed than Corky Tardcuck.

Just commenting on real life events pee drinker. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just commenting on real life events pee drinker. :lol:

Rent free Peefoam. RMFF.

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rent free Peefoam. RMFF.

🐷 Your fat wife pees in your mouth or you in hers? Or both? 🐂

Open wide :lol: