Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Drastically reduced demand in 2020. Soaring demand in 2021. Simple as that. Of course, you'd prefer stacked rigs and blue-collar, hard-working, God-fearing oilfield workers out of work while the Saudis flood the market, all so you don't have to pay reasonable money for gas and energy.

? We’re importing more oil now than before. What are you talking about? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now do gas prices. And all other energy prices. Heating my home is a good bit more this year. Why? 

Prior to the pandemic there was a surplus of oil around the world. Then the pandemic hit and people stopped driving so the bottom dropped out. People started driving more and more gradually and OPEC refused to raise their output. On top of that- we had some of our production facilities go down and now we have whatever the hell Ukraine and Russia are up too which will affect prices potentially. Additionally, Iran does not release as much oil as they were a few years ago once we backed out of the nuclear agreement with them.

What this all amounts to is that presidents have very little to do with prices of oil either rising or falling. 

TL;DR- more people consuming oil and producers are not upping supply. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

? We’re importing oil now. What are you talking about? 

Soaring demand means and massive inflation means we are in good shape here in the US i guess. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Prior to the pandemic there was a surplus of oil around the world. Then the pandemic hit and people stopped driving so the bottom dropped out. People started driving more and more gradually and OPEC refused to raise their output. On top of that- we had some of our production facilities go down and now we have whatever the hell Ukraine and Russia are up too which will affect prices potentially. Additionally, Iran does not release as much oil as they were a few years ago once we backed out of the nuclear agreement with them.

What this all amounts to is that presidents have very little to do with prices of oil either rising or falling. 

TL;DR- more people consuming oil and producers are not upping supply. 

Are you really going to leave out this administrations goals as it concerns fossil fuels having no impact on the price of gas/oil? 

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I know it must hurt you that you bought the idea that Biden as president was going to ruin everything and stunt progress and yet here we are with historic level numbers and an economy is good shape. It's okay man- you are wrong so often it shouldn't even matter at this point. 

You are definitely that stupid :lol:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you really going to leave out this administrations goals as it concerns fossil fuels having no impact on the price of gas/oil? 

Yes, killing the Keystone for the time being and his energy policies affected oil and gas prices, much of it psychologically, but supply and demand played the dominant role. Acknowledge that supply and demand played a role over which Biden had no control. Can you do that?

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yes, killing the Keystone for the time being and his energy policies affected oil and gas prices, much of it psychologically, but supply and demand played the dominant role. Acknowledge that supply and demand played a role over which Biden had no control. Can you do that?

No control? His actions reduced the supply. You said as much. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

? We’re importing more oil now than before. What are you talking about? 

Than before what? 🤣 Gee, I wonder why imports were so much lower in 2020, and the top two U.S. oil import years since 2017 were all under Clownzo's watch, and imports under Biden came in third only twice since 2017? Absolutely befuddling! 😂

Go get your shoeshine box, son.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRIMUS2&f=M

You should seriously research stuff before you bring a pickle to an atomic-bomb fight. Allow me to highlight the highest three per month since 2017:

YEAR         JAN.        FEB.      MARCH  APRIL   MAY      JUNE     JULY       AUG.    SEPT.      OCT.      NOV.     DEC. 

2017 8,478 7,877 8,165 8,204 8,487 8,089 7,915 7,923 7,324 7,681 7,674 7,782
  2018 8,018 7,498 7,620 8,254 7,834 8,487 7,936 7,989 7,593 7,354 7,542 7,097
  2019 7,558 6,670 6,783 6,999 7,154 7,152 6,938 6,944 6,483 6,242 5,818

2020 6,411 6,519 6,296 5,520 6,087 6,393 5,906 5,417 5,398 5,293 5,570 5,713
  2021 5,783 5,589 5,787 5,819 5,828 6,602 6,395 6,237 6,526 5,971 6,334

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Keystone pipeline is still active and still pumping as much oil as it ever did....oil that is, and has always been, primarily exported by us. 

Now how do you want to shift the goalposts after Pimpadeaux and I gave you cold hard facts?

Also, you never answered the question how tariffs added jobs

9 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

What part of the facts of Biden's jobs number in 2021 do you disagree with?

What metric are you using to specifically say the economy sucks?

When you (not Biden) force businesses to close and then allow them to reopen (not Biden) I don't think it counts as "creating jobs." If you want to compare apples to apples, talk to me when Biden, through his own policies, gets the unemployment rate down to historic lows for all demographics like Trump did.  

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

When you (not Biden) force businesses to close and then allow them to reopen (not Biden) I don't think it counts as "creating jobs." If you want to compare apples to apples, talk to me when Biden, through his own policies, gets the unemployment rate down to historic lows for all demographics like Trump did.  

Trump got the fortunate spot of being on the backend of a decade long steady decline in the unemployment rate coming out of the 2008 depression. Trump didn't do anything to stem the tide which was good, but the growth under him slowed somewhat. The last three years of Obama's presidency 8.1 million non farm jobs were created. The first 3 years of Trump's presidency 6.6 million non-farm jobs were created. So growth was flattening.

And again- I've been consistent. Biden did 6.6 million jobs in one year- which is a historic number, and despite so many people saying Biden was going to ruin everything and destroy progress. It's okay to admit that one was wrong and say "Well Biden didn't mess up like I anticipated."

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Trump got the fortunate spot of being on the backend of a decade long steady decline in the unemployment rate coming out of the 2008 depression. Trump didn't do anything to stem the tide which was good, but the growth under him slowed somewhat. The last three years of Obama's presidency 8.1 million non farm jobs were created. The first 3 years of Trump's presidency 6.6 million non-farm jobs were created. So growth was flattening.

And again- I've been consistent. Biden did 6.6 million jobs in one year- which is a historic number, and despite so many people saying Biden was going to ruin everything and destroy progress. It's okay to admit that one was wrong and say "Well Biden didn't mess up like I anticipated."

Yes, Obama inherited a bad economy and he limped it back to health over 8 years. Then Trump came in and made it healthier than ever. 

So, Trump creating 6 million jobs in a healthy economy > Biden allowing 7 million people to go back to work after their employers were forced to close. 

And yes, kudos to "Joe" for not making it worse. Although, we all know he's not calling any shots. The guy really doesn't deserve any credit or blame for anything that happens under this administration. 

59 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

TRUMP!!!!!!!  :cry:

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The Keystone pipeline is still active and still pumping as much oil as it ever did....oil that is, and has always been, primarily exported by us. 

Now how do you want to shift the goalposts after Pimpadeaux and I gave you cold hard facts?

Also, you never answered the question how tariffs added jobs

You still haven’t answered how Biden created/ added jobs.Tarrifs added jobs in the Steel  and a few other manufacturing sectors.  Once again, you offer nothing but want to debate everything. And I’ll get back to you on Rusty’s “facts “. I wouldn’t say half the story is a fact. 

I was pretty happy with Trump, because ultimately he did very little - despite signaling to the far right.

I am pretty happy with Biden, because ultimately he is doing very little - despite signaling to the far left.

You bozos on the right and left can do this weird exercise where you blame all your problems and fears on a politician... just keep electing those that don't actually buy into the crazy you are spouting.

Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

I was pretty happy with Trump, because ultimately he did very little - despite signaling to the far right.

I am pretty happy with Biden, because ultimately he is doing very little - despite signaling to the far left.

You bozos on the right and left can do this weird exercise where you blame all your problems and fears on a politician... just keep electing those that don't actually buy into the crazy you are spouting.

Thank you.

You have your head in the sand.  The left is currently trying to demonize parents so that they can let the pedos loose.  There is a clear right and wrong here.  

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You have your head in the sand.  The left is currently trying to demonize parents so that they can let the pedos loose.  There is a clear right and wrong here.  

That is what I am saying.... yes there are crazies on the left.  Thankfully Biden isn't actually doing anything beyond mouth service.  Nothing of consequence.

Just like Trump and the crazies on the right.  He talked big, riled them up... but actually did nothing of consequence.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You still haven’t answered how Biden created/ added jobs.Tarrifs added jobs in the Steel  and a few other manufacturing sectors.  Once again, you offer nothing but want to debate everything. And I’ll get back to you on Rusty’s “facts “. I wouldn’t say half the story is a fact. 

According to an article from Carneige Endowment for International Peace- Trump cost the economy almost a quarter million jobs overall. So maybe he added in one sector but he took far more from others.

Also- quoting that article, 

bilateral tariffs on Chinese goods do nothing to change the income distortions in China that spurred the country to run huge surpluses and export its deficient levels of domestic demand. Nor do such tariffs address the mechanisms that send these demand deficiencies to American shores. As a result, even if Trump’s tariffs were to succeed in reducing the U.S. bilateral deficit with China, they would simply cause the U.S. deficit with the rest of the world, along with China’s surplus with the rest of the world, to rise by at least as much.

Clearly, the Trump administration’s trade policies were not successful. American deficits with China and the rest of the world were higher last year than they had been in over a decade. And while it is a little unfair to consider 2020 data without recognizing the peculiar economic distortions created by the coronavirus pandemic, U.S. trade and current account deficits were much higher during Trump’s presidency than they had been under former president Barack Obama.

11 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

Thank you.

Well you will be labeled a hardcore lefty by the dope patrol here. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I know, and I'm labelled a hardcore Trumper at the other place.

It is a good measuring stick to let me know I am right where I want to be.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

According to an article from Carneige Endowment for International Peace- Trump cost the economy almost a quarter million jobs overall. So maybe he added in one sector but he took far more from others.

If you can’t see that the country is far worse in 2022 than 2018 you are far left

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Yes, Obama inherited a bad economy and he limped it back to health over 8 years. Then Trump came in and made it healthier than ever. 

So, Trump creating 6 million jobs in a healthy economy > Biden allowing 7 million people to go back to work after their employers were forced to close. 

And yes, kudos to "Joe" for not making it worse. Although, we all know he's not calling any shots. The guy really doesn't deserve any credit or blame for anything that happens under this administration. 

Trump's job growth slowed the first 3 years of his Presidency. He didn't kill it but he certainly didn't "make it healthier than ever." Again- the economy was not going to magically turned around.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Of you can’t see that the country is far worse in 2022 than 2018 you are far left

The only year of my life that has been better than the 4 years Trump was in office, is this last year with Biden in office.

Shockingly, I give neither credit or blame for either.

1 minute ago, Matterhorn said:

I know, and I'm labelled a hardcore Trumper at the other place.

It is a good measuring stick to let me know I am right where I want to be.

I'm a centrist but here I'm a "hardcore lefty" because the argument starting point for the right here is absurd. 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Of you can’t see that the country is far worse in 2022 than 2018 you are far left

Shift those goalposts. I mean who would think an economy a year removed from a global pandemic crippling everything might not be as good as economy 2 years prior. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm a centrist but here I'm a "hardcore lefty" because the argument starting point for the right here is absurd. 

Shift those goalposts. I mean who would think an economy a year removed from a global pandemic crippling everything might not be as good as economy 2 years prior. 

And yet I’m not nor have I ever mentioned economy as the factor. I’m talking about govt overreach and tyrannical mandates. I’m talking about a White House that thinks it’s bigger than the Supreme Court. I’m talking about freedom and the continual attacks on the constitution  I’m talking about media propaganda and manipulation 

a centrist doesn’t support everything Biden and attack everything trump 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Why don’t you supply links? It seems you rarely do? To me that means you are full of crap.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

And yet I’m not nor have I ever mentioned economy as the factor. I’m talking about govt overreach and tyrannical mandates. I’m talking about a White House that thinks it’s bigger than the Supreme Court. I’m talking about freedom and the continual attacks on the constitution 

This sounds remarkably identical to the left's talk track with Trump.

When you realize these politicians are all the same, you get to remove yourself from this trap game they have you playing.

You could literally copy and paste what each side whines about each round.

28 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

Thank you.

I’d say open borders is pretty far left.  Smuggling them into the rest of the country is definitely far left. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The states with Republican governors are doing fine. Arizona, Texas, Utah, and Idaho have all ready recover all the jobs lost by the pandemic and Florida has surpassed pre COVID numbers.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d say open borders is pretty far left.  Smuggling them into the rest of the country is definitely far left. 

And here we go.

Cherry pick single issue (maybe even a few), accuse of radicalism.  Just like the left did for 4 years.  But really?  Is your life ending because of open borders (or name your single issue gripe)?  Did the left's world crumble when Trump built a wall... does anyone see a difference?  Nope.

I've let that hook out of my mouth - I actually thank Trump years for that.

Identitiy politics are something I have no interest in partaking in.

35 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

Thank you.

My hero. :wub:

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Like I said, my statements can be debated. You, on the other hand, don’t make any yourself.  Typical. Of course you’re right Mooney, you can’t be wrong if you don’t say anything. One more time: What did Biden do to create or add all these jobs? 

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

When does the Biden thread start?

All I see is TRUMP!!!!! :cry:

:lol: This thread should be renamed to

[**Official Liberals with TDS Thread**]

15 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

This sounds remarkably identical to the left's talk track with Trump.

When you realize these politicians are all the same, you get to remove yourself from this trap game they have you playing.

You could literally copy and paste what each side whines about each round.

I am a moderate libertarian, who leans conservative in my personal life

I dont follow any party lines

I am anti-establishment, and anti-govt.  Thats why I supported Trump, because he fights back against these life long schills

You are new here, stay a while and interject though

for what its worth, my biggest issue in life is Hypocrisy

4 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

And here we go.

Cherry pick single issue (maybe even a few), accuse of radicalism.  Just like the left did for 4 years.  But really?  Is your life ending because of open borders (or name your single issue gripe)?

Yes, open borders is having an impact on my life. Where do you think those kids go to school? Who is paying for every other program they draw from? Where is all the fentanyl coming from ? How about the criminals walking in here, and the child trafficking? Are you really going with the “it’s not a big deal” rationale? 

6 minutes ago, Matterhorn said:

And here we go.

Cherry pick single issue (maybe even a few), accuse of radicalism.  Just like the left did for 4 years.  But really?  Is your life ending because of open borders (or name your single issue gripe)?  Did the left's world crumble when Trump built a wall... does anyone see a difference?  Nope.

And there are tons more. If you want to include fentanyl coming in by the truckload, then you can include many many more as well. 

Stop being an idiot.  It's not even people simply dying, it focks the economy. 

Dang, another TDS fool pretending to be a moderate.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-mother-biden-teen-daughter-killed-illegal-immigrant

Texas mother regrets vote for Biden after teen daughter killed by illegal immigrant: 'I want to know why'

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I am a moderate libertarian, who leans conservative in my personal life

I dont follow any party lines

I am anti-establishment, and anti-govt.  Thats why I supported Trump, because he fights back against these life long schills

You are new here, stay a while and interject though

I'm not really new here.  But its been a decade plus since I spent any time in these parts (I don't remember old username).

Interesting to see this place mirror the other - want to debate lefties go to fbg, want to debate righties appears this is the place.

1 minute ago, Matterhorn said:

I'm not really new here.  But its been a decade plus since I spent any time in these parts (I don't remember old username).

Interesting to see this place mirror the other - want to debate lefties go to fbg, want to debate righties appears this is the place.

actually if you want to come in here and bring facts and numbers, we will debate openly

if you want to bring in feelings and crying, fock off

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Trump's job growth slowed the first 3 years of his Presidency. He didn't kill it but he certainly didn't "make it healthier than ever." Again- the economy was not going to magically turned around.

With the histocally low unemployment levels that Trump was able to achieve it's understandable that job growth would eventually slow down. Job growth will naturally decline when everybody who wants a job already has a job. 

Just now, Matterhorn said:

It's hard to get "cancelled" in a more conservative site. 

All you have to do at fbg to get cancelled is post an article about aoc and disagree with it. No bad language or anything.