Rusty Syringes

Evangelicals turning on Trump

7 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

What are all these hits of which you speak?

Where I live, one of the first questions that comes up when meeting someone for the first time is, "Where is your church home?"

It's nice to be hidden down there.  You say that here in the northeast and you will be among those who hate you immediately.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's nice to be hidden down there.  You say that here in the northeast and you will be among those who hate you immediately.

The whole south is like this, but I live in one of the country's most conservative areas. A Christian having to lay low and keep his mouth shut anywhere in this country is a terrible thing. 

Here, people look down on you if your ass isn't in church every Sunday and in some cases Wednesday night as well. Churches are packed on Wednesday nights.

I haven't been in a while largely due to COVID, but also partially due to the politics preached from the pulpits and the hypocrisy within so many of the congregations I've visited.

This is why this erosion in Trump's bedrock loyalists is incredibly fascinating. They look at recent events and realize this guy isn't whom they thought he was.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

The whole south is like this, but I live in one of the country's most conservative areas. A Christian having to lay low and keep his mouth shut anywhere in this country is a terrible thing. 

Here, people look down on you if your ass isn't in church every Sunday and in some cases Wednesday night as well. Churches are packed on Wednesday nights.

I haven't been in a while largely due to COVID, but also partially due to the politics preached from the pulpits and the hypocrisy within so many of the congregations I've visited.

This is why this erosion in Trump's bedrock loyalists is incredibly fascinating. They look at recent events and realize this guy isn't whom they thought he was.

There's no erosion of Trump's base or Christians supporting him.  You linked an article by a hack "writer".

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

For most Christians that I know, Trump did not represent Christianity. His popularity rested in the fact that he stood in the gap and took all the bullets that conservative evangelicals would typically take. He did the same for Conservatives. For rural Americans.  I don't appreciate or admire Donald Trump the man. I very simply and honestly appreciate that he stood up for four years and took the gunfire from all sides. As a rural, conservative, Christian male, Biden's election means I'm back in the line of fire again. That's why many Americans can dislike Trump and still appreciate what he did in office simultaneously. 

So your appreciation for him is that he's a giant lightning rod? Seems like a low bar. Especially since he's been intentionally starting lightning fights for 5 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t.j said:

So your appreciation for him is that he's a giant lightning rod? Seems like a low bar. Especially since he's been intentionally starting lightning fights for 5 years.

Not all of them. Two sides to those fires being lit. 

5 minutes ago, t.j said:

I didn't say all of them. 🙄

His daughter and grandchildren were accosted on a plane before he even took the oath.  

Why are the libs so obsessed with those who support Trump? It’s more than abnormal. It is like some kind of virus that they all caught from each other that occupies their minds non-stop. It reminds me of something little kids do. We get it, you don’t like the guy. But please stfu about it for a few minutes out of your life

19 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

There's no erosion of Trump's base or Christians supporting him.  You linked an article by a hack "writer".

There are countless articles out there on this subject, which you won't bother to read because you don't agree with what they have to say.

Typical of Clownzo swagger monkeys. The greatest writer the world has ever known could pen a story about it, and the swagger monkeys would refuse to entertain even reading it, much less intelligently weight the information and make their own decisions.

I laughed my ass off at the swagger-monkey howl that went up in November when Fox called the election for Biden and said there wasn't enough fraud evidence to change the election results. They didn't want to believe it, so flee farther to the right they did, hitching their information wagons to Newsmax and OAN and even Breitbart and Infowars. 

But myriad moderate conservatives and even evangelicals have finally come to the realization that the Clownzo wears no clothes.

Ha!

:first:

8 minutes ago, nospk said:

Why are the libs so obsessed with those who support Trump? It’s more than abnormal. It is like some kind of virus that they all caught from each other that occupies their minds non-stop. It reminds me of something little kids do. We get it, you don’t like the guy. But please stfu about it for a few minutes out of your life

OK, so then the alt-righties needs to end their obsession and catastrophizing of Democrats.

Never going to happen!

Ha!

OK, so then the alt-righties needs to end their obsession and catastrophizing of Democrats.

Never going to happen!

Ha!

Oh no you got even with me there. And that makes you happy somehow. I was hoping to find out what drives this bizarre quest. Do you get something, like a treat if we all join your club?    

51 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Even more fascinating is the fact that it ain't happening. It just isnt. Any talk that it is, is a complete lie. Sorry, cuck.

12 minutes ago, nospk said:

Oh no you got even with me there. And that makes you happy somehow. I was hoping to find out what drives this bizarre quest. Do you get something, like a treat if we all join your club?    

No, the Common Sense Club doesn't have a place for you.

Ha!

23 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

There are countless articles out there on this subject, which you won't bother to read because you don't agree with what they have to say.

Typical of Clownzo swagger monkeys. The greatest writer the world has ever known could pen a story about it, and the swagger monkeys would refuse to entertain even reading it, much less intelligently weight the information and make their own decisions.

I laughed my ass off at the swagger-monkey howl that went up in November when Fox called the election for Biden and said there wasn't enough fraud evidence to change the election results. They didn't want to believe it, so flee farther to the right they did, hitching their information wagons to Newsmax and OAN and even Breitbart and Infowars. 

But myriad moderate conservatives and even evangelicals have finally come to the realization that the Clownzo wears no clothes.

Ha!

Think about this, how would anyone know what all these people are thinking?  They are writers on the internet pushing their propaganda, own agenda to try and persuade and convince people that Trump's base is shattered.  Show me a statistical sampling without sampling error of the population of "evangelical Trump supporters" and how they feel now since the Capitol incident on Jan 6th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Think about this, how would anyone know what all these people are thinking?  They are writers on the internet pushing their propaganda, own agenda to try and persuade and convince people that Trump's base is shattered.  Show me a statistical sampling without sampling error of the population of "evangelical Trump supporters" and how they feel now since the Capitol incident on Jan 6th.

They know how they're thinking based on interviewing them. That's how journalism works. FYI, a statistical sampling without error is basically impossible, and haven't we been told for the last few years that Trump supporters always lie to pollsters anyway? 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

They know how they're thinking based on interviewing them. That's how journalism works. FYI, a statistical sampling without error is basically impossible, and haven't we been told for the last few years that Trump supporters always lie to pollsters anyway? 

I just got a call within the hour from Bronx New York from this number with this recording:  https://nomorobo.com/lookup/347-748-1286 

I hung up after they asked if I voted Biden or Trump.  Who knows what they're after or who they will give the answers to.  Not getting my name associated with their survey or any survey.  And I'm a huge supporter of Trump.

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I just got a call within the hour from Bronx New York from this number with this recording:  https://nomorobo.com/lookup/347-748-1286 

I hung up after they asked if I voted Biden or Trump.  Who knows what they're after or who they will give the answers to.  Not getting my name associated with their survey or any survey.  And I'm a huge supporter of Trump.

Well thereyago. Do you see the problem there?  Makes it kinda tough to complain about error-free sampling when you personally refuse to participate in the sampling.

5 hours ago, OldMaid said:

He’s also reportedly refusing to pay Giuliani for his services. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I know, it doesn’t belong in this thread, but it doesn’t really need a new one so I’ll just leave this here.

Trump demands absolute loyalty but he’ll throw anyone under the bus without batting an eye.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

You really should broaden what you read up on so you don't look like such a fool when tossing out your uneducated platitudes. 

If  you're as educated as you say, and as smart as you want to come across, I'm assuming you've found a way to turn your net worth into the millions of dollars (without inheritance).

Have you?  Or are you all focking talk?  Usually pissbags like you are all talk. 

I'm betting on all talk. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, t.j said:

Sort of, yeah. I basically believe many on the left and their powerful partners in media, Hollywood, academia, and big tech want to destroy people like me and eliminate me from the American equation. Trump got in the way of that for four years. 

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What percentage of the Biden's voters do you think actually really like him?  Like him to the level that some Trump supporters like Trump.

You don’t get extra votes just because you have a poster of your favored candidate in your bedroom...

Does anyone actually read what rusty posts anymore? He's only been offering up stupidity for so long why go back for more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what will happen when they come for Rusty and his anti-gay/transphobic posts on a low rent message board.

Will he beg for forgiveness? Admit how wrong he is only to still be canceled? Will he realize the people he supports hate him and want his life ruined? I dunno, but it'll be interesting.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Does anyone actually read what rusty posts anymore? He's only been offering up stupidity for so long why go back for more?

I read his "hate speech".

3 hours ago, Scary Gary said:

If  you're as educated as you say, and as smart as you want to come across, I'm assuming you've found a way to turn your net worth into the millions of dollars (without inheritance).

Have you?  Or are you all focking talk?  Usually pissbags like you are all talk. 

I'm betting on all talk. 

Yes.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I wonder what will happen when they come for Rusty and his anti-gay/transphobic posts on a low rent message board.

Will he beg for forgiveness? Admit how wrong he is only to still be canceled? Will he realize the people he supports hate him and want his life ruined? I dunno, but it'll be interesting.

I'm pro-gay, so much so that I'd like nothing more than to penetrate your smelt-smelling Yooper pooper 

Ha!

:wub:

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

Sort of, yeah. I basically believe many on the left and their powerful partners in media, Hollywood, academia, and big tech want to destroy people like me and eliminate me from the American equation. Trump got in the way of that for four years. 

They sure are. Anyone who denies that isn’t paying attention. They just want the white non cuck male to go away. For now. Then they’ll get to the cucks too. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They sure are. Anyone who denies that isn’t paying attention. They just want the white non cuck male to go away. For now. Then they’ll get to the cucks too. 

Cuckle doodle do! Woo!

Ha!

🤣

Cuckle doodle do! Woo!

Ha!

🤣

Be quiet racist!! Here’s some opioids. You had your run. Fock your sons too. 

Rusty only made this thread to launch insults and guilt trips at people.  Its not an honest discussion.

8 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

(tl;dr: Skip to the last paragraph)

I don't know much about you and I don't know what characteristics you're referring to people like you. I don't buy that people want to destroy/eliminate you.

I understand not wanting to be hated on. However I don't understand a conservative being glad for Trump's Presidency as a means to that end. I can only speak for myself but before Trump I didn't give a crap what people's politics were. I certainly can't speak for Democratic politicians, who, like Republicans, rely on attacking the other side to make themselves seem important. Trump took all that up an order of magnitude. Sure I prefer progressive policies to conservative ones, but that stuff is not a huge deal to me. I've written in my President vote the last 4 elections, voting based primarily on intelligence and integrity. Libertarian twice, progressive once, and Yang. Trump is the worst of both worlds in my opinion, a person with zero ethics and willfully ignorant/lazy trying to be the leader of the free world. Other than Trump and I guess Cruz, it wouldn't have bothered me to see any of the other Republican candidates from the last 16 years in office. In my view, as President he hasn't given a s*** about anyone but himself, and aside from saying f*** you to the rest of the world and damaging our country's reputation, his playbook consisted of little more than attacking the left/liberals/Democrats with an unprecedented amount of combative press conferences, hateful rallies, alternative-fact pushing press secretaries, with his go-to move being to paint everyone that doesn't support him as far left.

What I see in the aftermath is a ton of conservatives like those on this board that wrongly believe all the exaggerations that Trump has been spouting. Who believe that a vote for Democrats is a vote for hating American and wanting to destroy/eliminate conservatives. Who believe that the typical Democrat voter is far more left on the political spectrum than they really are. Who believe that Democrat voters are almost all in favor turning the country communist, handing the country to foreign enemies on a silver platter, raising taxes on the middle class, making everyone state their pronouns, making whites feel guilty just for being white, taking everyone's guns, etc. For people to believe those things doesn't make any sense to me but I'll be damned if I don't see/elm those beliefs stated by a dozen posters on this board every day.

And I don't want to hear about "Oh but Rusty makes exaggerated attacks on conservatives just the same way." He does, but as a group you guys know you can't expect to post a hundred hateful anti-lib posts on the board every day without someone fighting back dirty. Try to put yourself in a non-conservatives shoes (and I'm speaking less to Fumble here and more to the more vocal conservatives here), and read one day's worth of the geek club's political posts with a politically neutral mindset and take in how exaggerated all the hate from the conservatives is. It was not like this pre-Trump. The worst of the vocal anti-conservatives on social media were not like this pre-Trump either. So that's why I'm challenging Fumble on the effectiveness of Trump as a lightning rod.

And I've heard many say that Obama was the one who created the division we have in the country now. Hogwash. Sure he took the liberal side of some of the controversies in his term and of course conservatives are going to disagree with that. You didn't like the ACA? Understandable. You don't believe systemic racism (which by the way didn't not at all mean that most people in the system are racist) is a thing? Fine. But he absolutely didn't spend his entire presidency craving attention and demonizing half of America the way Trump has. There is no comparison, Trump caused night and day more division in 4 years than Obama did in 8. If Obama were 1/5th as far from the center as Trump is, or 1/10th as combative/hateful/think-skinned, he would have never had a chance to be elected. Trump launched his own initial political profile with over a year of baseless birtherism BS and Obama handled it gracefully. I don't love Obama by any means, as stated before I didn't vote for him and I didn't like his economic policies before, during, or after his presidency played out. But he was about as moderate, professional, humble, and respectful a candidate as either party could ever nominate in a primary, and Trump has many of you believing that Obama is radical left Muslim America-hater.

I see Republican politicians that know Trump is unhinged but feel they don't have a choice to go along because his base is so fanatical. So now that means the concern which has escalated so rapidly these last 5 years shifts from the man who will be out of office in a week, to the tens millions of Americans who are for Trumpism. And everyone (Americans and otherwise) who couldn't fathom voting for Trump in the first place, whether previously politically inclined or not, is now very concerned about the priorities of those who did. And that's why Biden got elected... people didn't really like him any more than Hillary, but after 4 years of Trump it was clear that, in states where it mattered*, voting for neither of the two evils was not an option (*my state wasn't one of the contested states, hence my vote for Yang). I'm not a fan of Biden or Pelosi or Schumer. You won't see me or anyone else participating in vehicle parades in adoration of Democrat politicians. But where I do agree with them is where I also agree with all of his Republican ex-staffers who he turned on and fired and in turn once they were not beholden to him they turned on him as well... that Trump had to go and the people who still support him have lost touch with reality. That's not to say all of the Democrats in office are in touch with reality either, but two wrongs don't make a right. And sure if Trump were to get 4 more years then the focus of the left's ire would remain mostly on Trump, but it would only be an bigger divide in the end for it. His legacy is simply going to be having attacked everyone in his path (which again includes many people who went out of their way to be loyal to him as long as they could stomach it), and yet some of you think it's a hilarious referendum on everyone else that such an approach pissed people off.

So, electing Trump to take the heat off conservatives is like building a poorly-designed nuclear power plant in your hometown which you can't control, when all you needed was a hydro plant. Sure, in the meantime, you get some of what you want... extra power, piss off the people who didn't want it... but now you have so many people who won't ever trust your decision-making, and the eventual meltdown may be inevitable.

Funny how so many conservatives claim their vote for Trump, who is far right, is merely an anti-left vote, without considering that many Democratic voters likewise similarly just don't want to risk things going far right. I don't want to see the far left--which is supposedly (but not really) pervasive--make drastic changes to our country, yet in a short time posting here, so many of the conservatives here have assumed exactly that about me for simply questioning conservative viewpoints. I would think the success of moderate Democrats (Biden included) and the lack of success of the socialist candidates last year would have quelled a lot of the fears about so-called radicals, but apparently that message hasn't through. It would be one thing if more Trump voters said you know what, I thought he made sense as an anti-establishment candidate four years ago, and I'm glad we got a very fortunate gain of conservative Supreme Court justices in a short period of time, but filling the cabinet with even more corrupt folks and constantly escalating the political war was crazy, time to chill. Instead it seems like way too many conservatives bought into way too many of his lies and exaggerations, and now the rest of America, and the world, is more aware of it than they'd care to be.

Bottom line, Fumble, the rumors that people want to destroy/erase you have been greatly exaggerated. But whatever critical scrutiny you think Trump has been heroically shielding his voters from for 4 years, it's going to be relatively giant spotlight compared to that now, because people elected and nearly re-elected him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gepetto said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/opinion/trump-evangelicals.html?searchResultPosition=1

Yet another piece full of evidence of Clownzo conflict within the church.

On the other hand, many Trump supporters have been shaken to the core by the sight of a sacrilegious mob blasting Christian pop music and chanting “Hang Mike Pence.” There have been defections and second thoughts. The Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, who delivered a prayer at the Trump inaugural, told his congregation Sunday, “We must all repent, even the church needs to repent.”

The Trump-supporting Texas pastor John Hagee declared: “This was an assault on law. Attacking the Capitol was not patriotism, it was anarchy.”

Boom.

6 hours ago, t.j said:

(tl;dr: Skip to the last paragraph)

I don't know much about you and I don't know what characteristics you're referring to people like you. I don't buy that people want to destroy/eliminate you.

I understand not wanting to be hated on. However I don't understand a conservative being glad for Trump's Presidency as a means to that end. I can only speak for myself but before Trump I didn't give a crap what people's politics were. I certainly can't speak for Democratic politicians, who, like Republicans, rely on attacking the other side to make themselves seem important. Trump took all that up an order of magnitude. Sure I prefer progressive policies to conservative ones, but that stuff is not a huge deal to me. I've written in my President vote the last 4 elections, voting based primarily on intelligence and integrity. Libertarian twice, progressive once, and Yang. Trump is the worst of both worlds in my opinion, a person with zero ethics and willfully ignorant/lazy trying to be the leader of the free world. Other than Trump and I guess Cruz, it wouldn't have bothered me to see any of the other Republican candidates from the last 16 years in office. In my view, as President he hasn't given a s*** about anyone but himself, and aside from saying f*** you to the rest of the world and damaging our country's reputation, his playbook consisted of little more than attacking the left/liberals/Democrats with an unprecedented amount of combative press conferences, hateful rallies, alternative-fact pushing press secretaries, with his go-to move being to paint everyone that doesn't support him as far left.

What I see in the aftermath is a ton of conservatives like those on this board that wrongly believe all the exaggerations that Trump has been spouting. Who believe that a vote for Democrats is a vote for hating American and wanting to destroy/eliminate conservatives. Who believe that the typical Democrat voter is far more left on the political spectrum than they really are. Who believe that Democrat voters are almost all in favor turning the country communist, handing the country to foreign enemies on a silver platter, raising taxes on the middle class, making everyone state their pronouns, making whites feel guilty just for being white, taking everyone's guns, etc. For people to believe those things doesn't make any sense to me but I'll be damned if I don't see/elm those beliefs stated by a dozen posters on this board every day.

And I don't want to hear about "Oh but Rusty makes exaggerated attacks on conservatives just the same way." He does, but as a group you guys know you can't expect to post a hundred hateful anti-lib posts on the board every day without someone fighting back dirty. Try to put yourself in a non-conservatives shoes (and I'm speaking less to Fumble here and more to the more vocal conservatives here), and read one day's worth of the geek club's political posts with a politically neutral mindset and take in how exaggerated all the hate from the conservatives is. It was not like this pre-Trump. The worst of the vocal anti-conservatives on social media were not like this pre-Trump either. So that's why I'm challenging Fumble on the effectiveness of Trump as a lightning rod.

And I've heard many say that Obama was the one who created the division we have in the country now. Hogwash. Sure he took the liberal side of some of the controversies in his term and of course conservatives are going to disagree with that. You didn't like the ACA? Understandable. You don't believe systemic racism (which by the way didn't not at all mean that most people in the system are racist) is a thing? Fine. But he absolutely didn't spend his entire presidency craving attention and demonizing half of America the way Trump has. There is no comparison, Trump caused night and day more division in 4 years than Obama did in 8. If Obama were 1/5th as far from the center as Trump is, or 1/10th as combative/hateful/think-skinned, he would have never had a chance to be elected. Trump launched his own initial political profile with over a year of baseless birtherism BS and Obama handled it gracefully. I don't love Obama by any means, as stated before I didn't vote for him and I didn't like his economic policies before, during, or after his presidency played out. But he was about as moderate, professional, humble, and respectful a candidate as either party could ever nominate in a primary, and Trump has many of you believing that Obama is radical left Muslim America-hater.

I see Republican politicians that know Trump is unhinged but feel they don't have a choice to go along because his base is so fanatical. So now that means the concern which has escalated so rapidly these last 5 years shifts from the man who will be out of office in a week, to the tens millions of Americans who are for Trumpism. And everyone (Americans and otherwise) who couldn't fathom voting for Trump in the first place, whether previously politically inclined or not, is now very concerned about the priorities of those who did. And that's why Biden got elected... people didn't really like him any more than Hillary, but after 4 years of Trump it was clear that, in states where it mattered*, voting for neither of the two evils was not an option (*my state wasn't one of the contested states, hence my vote for Yang). I'm not a fan of Biden or Pelosi or Schumer. You won't see me or anyone else participating in vehicle parades in adoration of Democrat politicians. But where I do agree with them is where I also agree with all of his Republican ex-staffers who he turned on and fired and in turn once they were not beholden to him they turned on him as well... that Trump had to go and the people who still support him have lost touch with reality. That's not to say all of the Democrats in office are in touch with reality either, but two wrongs don't make a right. And sure if Trump were to get 4 more years then the focus of the left's ire would remain mostly on Trump, but it would only be an bigger divide in the end for it. His legacy is simply going to be having attacked everyone in his path (which again includes many people who went out of their way to be loyal to him as long as they could stomach it), and yet some of you think it's a hilarious referendum on everyone else that such an approach pissed people off.

So, electing Trump to take the heat off conservatives is like building a poorly-designed nuclear power plant in your hometown which you can't control, when all you needed was a hydro plant. Sure, in the meantime, you get some of what you want... extra power, piss off the people who didn't want it... but now you have so many people who won't ever trust your decision-making, and the eventual meltdown may be inevitable.

Funny how so many conservatives claim their vote for Trump, who is far right, is merely an anti-left vote, without considering that many Democratic voters likewise similarly just don't want to risk things going far right. I don't want to see the far left--which is supposedly (but not really) pervasive--make drastic changes to our country, yet in a short time posting here, so many of the conservatives here have assumed exactly that about me for simply questioning conservative viewpoints. I would think the success of moderate Democrats (Biden included) and the lack of success of the socialist candidates last year would have quelled a lot of the fears about so-called radicals, but apparently that message hasn't through. It would be one thing if more Trump voters said you know what, I thought he made sense as an anti-establishment candidate four years ago, and I'm glad we got a very fortunate gain of conservative Supreme Court justices in a short period of time, but filling the cabinet with even more corrupt folks and constantly escalating the political war was crazy, time to chill. Instead it seems like way too many conservatives bought into way too many of his lies and exaggerations, and now the rest of America, and the world, is more aware of it than they'd care to be.

Bottom line, Fumble, the rumors that people want to destroy/erase you have been greatly exaggerated. But whatever critical scrutiny you think Trump has been heroically shielding his voters from for 4 years, it's going to be relatively giant spotlight compared to that now, because people elected and nearly re-elected him.

Anyone actually bother to read all this crap?

Oh, and look, a piece about it in CHRISTIANITY TODAY!

Christianity Today magazine is an evangelical Christian periodical founded in 1956 by Billy Graham. It is published by Christianity Today International based in Carol Stream, Illinois. The Washington Post calls Christianity Today, "evangelicalism's flagship magazine". Wikipedia

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/january-web-only/trump-capitol-mob-election-politics-magi-not-maga.html

The violence wrought by Trump supporters storming the Capitol is anti-epiphany. It is dark and based in untruth. The symbols of faith—Jesus’ name, cross, and message—have been co-opted to serve the cultish end of Trumpism.

While what happened at the Capitol yesterday is tragic, it is not surprising. For more than four years, Trump has shown that he is more than willing to say any lie, ignore any standard of decency, and bring any amount of violence and division to shore up his own power. Through manipulative disinformation, he incited an insurrection. Like Herod, he is happy to use religious leaders as pawns.

But sadly, in this anti-epiphany, the wise men are not so wise. They willingly comply. So for me, the worst part of yesterday’s insurrection is how it represents an utter failure in the American church. This anti-epiphany reveals the horrid outgrowths of Christian nationalism, faulty spiritual formation, false teaching, political idolatry, and overriding ignorance.

Though it saddens me deeply, it must be clearly admitted: Yesterday’s atrocity was in large part brought to us by the white, evangelical church in America.

I suppose you'll be calling Christianity Today a "liberal rag" now that it has said something you don't like.

Ha!

Oh, and look, a piece about it in CHRISTIANITY TODAY!

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/january-web-only/trump-capitol-mob-election-politics-magi-not-maga.html

I suppose you'll be calling Christianity Today a "liberal rag" now that it has said something you don't like.

Ha!

I believe this line proves that, yes...

'The Washington Post calls Christianity Today, "evangelicalism's flagship magazine"'.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Anyone actually bother to read all this crap?

I skimmed through.  Read the paragraph that started with "And I don't want to hear about...".  It's all BS, so I stopped reading.  I guess he pretends that Liberals weren't berating and hateful towards conservatives, on this board, from 2008-2017.  Most left crying after Trump beat Hillary because they couldn't handle the return fire.  I guess he's playing the victim, like all Democrats do.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I believe this line proves that, yes...

'The Washington Post calls Christianity Today, "evangelicalism's flagship magazine"'.

So what you're saying is that if anything appears in The Washington Post, no matter how factual it actually is, it automatically becomes liberal information, even if they're just posting the score of a Washington Football Team game. 

Washington Post: Bucs bump Football Team from playoffs, 31-23

TBayXXXVII: "Sh!te, now the Bucs are a hack liberal football team. :cry:"

If ignorance were a desert, you'd be the Sahara. 

Ha!

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

So what you're saying is that if anything appears in The Washington Post, no matter how factual it actually is, it automatically becomes liberal information, even if they're just posting the score of a Washington Football Team game. 

Washington Post: Bucs bump Football Team from playoffs, 31-23

TBayXXXVII: "Sh!te, now the Bucs are a hack liberal football team. :cry:"

If ignorance were a desert, you'd be the Sahara. 

Ha!

Anything political?  Yes.  I've always made that specific differentiation.  Politics are separate from other things.  If you're talking politics, anything from a liberal standpoint has 0 credibility and is complete garbage.  Nothing more than tabloid material.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Anything political?  Yes.  I've always made that specific differentiation.  Politics are separate from other things.  If you're talking politics, anything from a liberal standpoint has 0 credibility and is complete garbage.  Nothing more than tabloid material.

OK, so in essence, what you're saying is that your opinion is 100% correct, 100% credible, and anything that goes against your opinion is complete garbage.  Did I hear that right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

OK, so in essence, what you're saying is that your opinion is 100% correct, 100% credible, and anything that goes against your opinion is complete garbage.  Did I hear that right?

No.  I just don't want to hear media outlet garbage.  If someone wants to talk about why they feel a certain way that's different than mine, I'll freely listen.  But, once you give me spewed info from left-wing media, I walk away.