Sign in to follow this  
avoiding injuries

When do Rules Change for the Vaccinated?

I received my 2nd vaccine a few weeks ago. By now, according to the CDC, I’m ~95% immune. 
Since we were told we were waiting for the vaccine before things went back to normal, shouldn’t I be allowed to go indoors without a mask on? Do I need to wear my vaccination button that they gave me?

How do you think they’re going to handle this moving forward after more and more people get the vaccine?

I don’t have a huge problem wearing a mask, except for when I forget it in the car (needing to go back) and at my gym. I can’t stand running and working out in a mask. I wonder if I show the gym my vaccination card if they’d give me a waiver. But then I have to deal with the other patrons judging me. 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

I don’t have a huge problem wearing a mask, except for when I forget it in the car (needing to go back) and at my gym. I can’t stand running and working out in a mask. I wonder if I show the gym my vaccination card if they’d give me a waiver. But then I have to deal with the other patrons judging me. 

Yea gym is the place that really bothers me a ton also.

Theoretically they havnt proven that even if vaccinated you can't spread it but more and more evidence seem to be showing that is the case

No-one knows what to do.  Its a pandemic.  The thing could horribly mutate tomorrow and kill millions.  Or horribly mutate in 2 years.  Or never.  Leadership is just running around waving their hands in the air and acting confident.  They know nothing.

55 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I used to go to the gym 4-5 days a week but cancelled it months ago. No way I’m working out with a mask and that’s about the highest risk place you can be.

Nothing changes until the governors get their bailout money.  You'll wear your mask and like it, faygot.

Wear your 16 masks. Don't see your loved ones. Never leave your house. Live in fear and do what you're told, pleb.

THERE WILL BE NO TALK OF GOING BACK TO NORMAL!!!

Also this isn't a joke.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Wear your 16 masks. Don't see your loved ones. Never leave your house. Live in fear and do what you're told, pleb.

THERE WILL BE NO TALK OF GOING BACK TO NORMAL!!!

Also this isn't a joke.

Unless a black person gets shot by a cop, then you're allowed to stand shoulder to shoulder with the masses an light sh!t on fire.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Unless a black person gets shot by a cop, then you're allowed to stand shoulder to shoulder with the masses an light sh!t on fire.

Well obviously. Can't be having that white supremacy. 

see you next 🎄

It's my understanding that the vaccine just prevents you from dying should you become infected. It doesn't mean you won't still get infected or mean you can't pass it on to others. That is why you still have to wear a mask. As a matter of fact transmission may only be slightly reduced. 

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's my understanding that the vaccine just prevents you from dying should you become infected. It doesn't mean you won't still get infected or mean you can't pass it on to others. That is why you still have to wear a mask. As a matter of fact transmission may only be slightly reduced. 

Not really, it's supposed to stop you from being infected and spreading, but it's not 100% effective.

As long as the goal is to reduce the number of infections to zero, we will forever be wearing 57 masks, waving to people from 6 feet away, watching zooms, sitting alone hoping for the sweet release of death, etc.

If we can accept that in life, people actually do die, then we can just move on and get back to normal.

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'm assuming Biden has been vaccinated and he's wearing two masks now.  

Yes even though he didn't realize it. He also wears 2-3 masks and seems to pick the "least effective" when only wearing one mask.

You can still pass it on...we are wearing masks another 2 years...till the data comes in and then it will be like regular flu.  But damn..some young healthy people dying..that's not good

There's no evidence that you can pass the virus after being vaccinated.  Vaccines have been around for years.  It's a big lie.

From Johns Hopkins:

Also, while the vaccine may prevent you from getting sick, it is unknown at this time if you can still carry and transmit the virus to others. That is why, until more is understood about how well the vaccine works, continuing with precautions such as mask-wearing and physical distancing will be important.

11 hours ago, peenie said:

From Johns Hopkins:

That says "unknown".

11 hours ago, peenie said:

But you wrote:  "As a matter of fact transmission may only be slightly reduced."   Sure when John Hopkins uses "unknown" and you include the word "may" only be slightly reduced, you can claim you're being honest.  Whatever.

🎄

Amazing how decades of research are thrown out the window when it comes to COVID. 

As soon as the majority of old people are vaccinated, there is absolutely no reason to not go back to normal.

I was really hoping I could travel again come summer. Doesn't seem like that is going to be the case. I can not believe we are seriously just shutting down the whole focking world for two years over this bullshit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I was really hoping I could travel again come summer. Doesn't seem like that is going to be the case. I can not believe we are seriously just shutting down the whole focking world for two years over this bullshit. 

It is really sureal

On 2/18/2021 at 7:42 AM, avoiding injuries said:

I received my 2nd vaccine a few weeks ago. By now, according to the CDC, I’m ~95% immune. 
Since we were told we were waiting for the vaccine before things went back to normal, shouldn’t I be allowed to go indoors without a mask on? Do I need to wear my vaccination button that they gave me?

How do you think they’re going to handle this moving forward after more and more people get the vaccine?

You get to Country Kitchen with all the other old vaccinated focks. 

14 hours ago, Drizzay said:

As soon as the majority of old people are vaccinated, there is absolutely no reason to not go back to normal.

Oh you sweet summer child.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, Gepetto said:

That says "unknown".

But you wrote:  "As a matter of fact transmission may only be slightly reduced."   Sure when John Hopkins uses "unknown" and you include the word "may" only be slightly reduced, you can claim you're being honest.  Whatever.

Here is my whole quote:

I was responding to the OP who wondered if he could go without a mask now that he's been properly vaccinated. I wasn't being honest or dishonest, just giving you my opinion and understanding based on what I've heard and read. I don't think it's quite clear to anyone how effective the vaccine is in regards to transmission because they simply did not have enough time to do the appropriate trials.

Bloomberg:

Nine vaccines have proved effective at protecting people from developing symptoms of Covid-19, the disease that can result from infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It’s not yet known, however, how well the inoculations prevent people from getting an asymptomatic infection or passing the virus on to others. Preliminary signs suggest they do at least some of both.

I was simply trying to explain why you should still wear your mask even if you have been vaccinated. I wish we could get vaccinated and then be allowed to travel, hang out again in groups and even sneeze or cough in public without fear. Maybe we could get a special card that we could flash to let people know that we're the okay ones. Unfortunately, I don't believe the vaccines have proved to be that good yet. 

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

Here is my whole quote:

I was responding to the OP who wondered if he could go without a mask now that he's been properly vaccinated. I wasn't being honest or dishonest, just giving you my opinion and understanding based on what I've heard and read. I don't think it's quite clear to anyone how effective the vaccine is in regards to transmission because they simply did not have enough time to do the appropriate trials.

Bloomberg:

I was simply trying to explain why you should still wear your mask even if you have been vaccinated. I wish we could get vaccinated and then be allowed to travel, hang out again in groups and even sneeze or cough in public without fear. Maybe we could get a special card that we could flash to let people know that we're the okay ones. Unfortunately, I don't believe the vaccines have proved to be that good yet. 

OK, fair enough.  I'm just tired of this whole thing.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:31 AM, peenie said:

From Johns Hopkins:

Johns Hopkins died in 1873

Be careful if you wear the button out in public. My 82 year old mother got yelled at by an anti vaxxer, she was yelling stuff at my mom like “my daughter is a teacher and if they make her get it she is going to quit!”