joneo

***Official Chauvin Trial Thread***

25 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

22.5 years.  15 if paroled with good behavior.  

Riot worthy?

Now we get to watch people pretend this is some kind of unusual victory..... like wow, a cop was held accountable....

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Riot worthy?

hell yeah!!

Deserved probation at most. Did society a great public service. Anyone disagreeing would change tune if Chauvin went easy, Floyd got away and sped off in a drugged stupor killing your daughter who was crossing the street. The story (not that it would be one at all) would then be “why did that lazy cop go easy on a dangerous criminal? Isnt he supposed to stop guys like that?!”.

Man that’s gonna be a rough stretch too. Entire place will know who he is when he sets foot inside.

• Thanks 1

Floyd was a menace. A dangerous one at that. 

Makes you think twice about being a hero these days. 

To think any man would take up for a POS that stuck a gun in a pregnant woman’s belly and threatened to shoot her if she didn’t give up the stash.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

To think any man would take up for a POS that stuck a gun in a pregnant woman’s belly and threatened to shoot her if she didn’t give up the stash.  

That’s all just the stuff he got popped for too. Think of all the stuff he never got caught for and we don’t know about. Seeing him get branded as some dedicated hardworking family man that future generations of black kids will idolize is tough to stomach. The actual black heroes worth idolizing get branded uncle toms and aren’t remembered though.

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That’s all just the stuff he got popped for too. Think of all the stuff he never got caught for and we don’t know about. Seeing him get branded as some dedicated hardworking family man that future generations of black kids will idolize is tough to stomach. The actual black heroes worth idolizing get branded uncle toms and aren’t remembered though.

Yup. You abandon your kid I have no time to GAF about you. Not a second. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Here you go...of course I would probably use the term 'male' rather than 'man' in worm's case.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow they sure threw the book at him. And for good reason :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Riot worthy?

Surprised he got this much time. Well deserved though.

Cop could have just as easily been black and this never would have even been a story. Guy was just doing his job. Is he a hardass with a history of abuse against dirtbags? Yes. Do you care about dirtbag rights and how dainty or hard they are being treated? No, you don’t.

It sucks that one of the good guys had to take the fall, but in the end, we have one less worthless spook on the streets. 

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Deserved probation at most. Did society a great public service. Anyone disagreeing would change tune if Chauvin went easy, Floyd got away and sped off in a drugged stupor killing your daughter who was crossing the street. The story (not that it would be one at all) would then be “why did that lazy cop go easy on a dangerous criminal? Isnt he supposed to stop guys like that?!”.

Man that’s gonna be a rough stretch too. Entire place will know who he is when he sets foot inside.

The sentence was irrelevant. No way he survives 15 months, let alone 15 years.

He'll have to go Arayan brotherhood in a major way to even stand a chance. 

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Is that not what every white guy would have to do if sent to prison? Are you going lone wolf if you get sent away?

Just now, bostonlager said:

Is that not what every white guy would have to do if sent to prison? Are you going lone wolf if you get sent away?

Sure.

My point was, soon we'll get the story “Ha! See, we told you he was a white supremacist.”

If I got 15 years, I'm trying to figure out a way to off myself asap.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure.

My point was, soon we'll get the story “Ha! See, we told you he was a white supremacist.”

If I got 15 years, I'm trying to figure out a way to off myself asap.

If I got life, I can see that. 15 years, I would try to make the best of it. Upon release, you are a gang member now and will have to make the best of it. Get in the good graces and you could be sitting nice selling drugs. It’s not like you’re going to get a job, so make the best of it 

41 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The sentence was irrelevant. No way he survives 15 months, let alone 15 years.

I heard a podcast once hat talked about cases like this.  Guys like Chauvin are usually separated from the general prison population. Im assuming he will be ok.

3 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I heard a podcast once hat talked about cases like this.  Guys like Chauvin are usually separated from the general prison population. Im assuming he will be ok.

Yeah, he won't be in Gen pop, but you can't be kept completely separate  for 15 years. Someone will get to him eventually. He'll be in a place where people have absolutely nothing to lose.

Normally, I have nothing but praise for the cops having to deal with scumbags like Floyd every day, and have a sympathetic ear regularly when the sh*t hits the fan. Chauvin though, kneeling on a guy pleading that he can't breathe... that's f*cked up. Not being able to breathe was the reason Floyd wouldn't get in the police car, he was dealing with both a phentanol overdose and COVID,  but kneeling can only exacerbate the problem. I don't know if Floyd was going to die anyway or if kneeling was the last 5% that pushed Floyd over the edge.

Either way, the man died and Chauvin obviously couldn't have cared less about Floyd's underlying condition. And the optics are horrible. Suddenly, in this one focked up instance, all the delusional rantings of BLM surrounding police brutality were 'proven' true. 

One more thing....

... the trial was a huge miscarriage of justice. This is the biggest case of jury intimidation any of us will ever see in our lives. The judge ought to be ashamed of himself for the various decions he made along the way to prevent Chauvin from getting a fair trial. If you don't move a trial's location in this instance, then when? If you don't sequester a jury in this instance, than when? If you don't declare a mistrial when the jury passes through a mob of protestors every day, riled up by a sitting Congressperson, then when? These rules were made and put in place for THIS EXACT SITUATION! Although I personally would have found Chauvin guilty of manslaughter, not murder, I can still see how the man was treated as an expendible pawn thrown to placate the angry masses. 

• Like 1

I think you guys are wrong on this isolation/out of gen pop stuff.  He will be thrown in and while one gang wants to kill him, another gang views him as a martyr. He will be a king prison like OJ was.