joneo

***Official Chauvin Trial Thread***

Given the choice of having to come into contact with a "George Floyd" or the Billy Joe-Bobs who blew away that kid in Georgia, or a George Zimmerman.................. Give me a George Floyd any day. 

24 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Given the choice of having to come into contact with a "George Floyd" or the Billy Joe-Bobs who blew away that kid in Georgia, or a George Zimmerman.................. Give me a George Floyd any day. 

Lol. You would never say that if you ever tried to subdue a guy Floyd’s size who is high as Fock. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Hey- All good fathers hold knives to the the bellies of the pregnant women they are robbing. 

Fock man. I didn't realize that.  Ugh.  My bad.  I spoke without thinking.

Serrated or smooth blade? Which one really says "I'm a really a great guy" ?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

It was a sad day for the forearm bigots. 😞 

Really?  I thought Liberals were happy.  :dunno:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

They just say things. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

It was a sad day for the forearm bigots. 😞 

These one liner trolling attempts are killing board cred.  Also, for such a divisive case based on race, why don't you think the state didn't pursue Chauvin on a hate crime? I mean the evidence has to be overwhelming, right?

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. You would never say that if you ever tried to subdue a guy Floyd’s size who is high as Fock. 

Well, not really. I can't imagine any scenario where'd I'd be forced to subdue a dude Floyd's size. I can (however) imagine a scenario where I'd encounter some vigilante rednecks looking for a kill thrill. I've never been shot at, but I've had a few instances where I was accosted by a Billy Jo-Bob or two. 

But if I ever were to have to face off with a big dude, with stuff in his system - I'd hope to run into a George Floyd. One who doesn't throw a punch, and after a bit of confrontation - agrees to be handcuffed and sit down. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Well, not really. I can't imagine any scenario where'd I'd be forced to subdue a dude Floyd's size. I can (however) imagine a scenario where I'd encounter some vigilante rednecks looking for a kill thrill. I've never been shot at, but I've had a few instances where I was accosted by a Billy Jo-Bob or two. 

But if I ever were to have to face off with a big dude, with stuff in his system - I'd hope to run into a George Floyd. One who doesn't throw a punch, and after a bit of confrontation - agrees to be handcuffed and sit down. 

RedNeck is an offensive label.  Just sayin.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

So one's a "redneck billy jo bob", and the other is simply george floyd.

Gotcha.

Good father and family man is laughable, he was a junkie, felon and at one one point homeless. Best thing he ever did for his family was taking his last breath and getting them paid fat.

Like Cruzer, I'd rather hang out with career criminals and drug addicts who are always high on a various substance and who go through life  breaking into homes and pointing guns at pregnant women, than I would with ordinary guys with no criminal history or drug use issues, but who have an instinct to go overboard when looking out for their neighbors.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Like Cruzer, I'd rather hang out with career criminals and drug addicts who are always high on a various substance and who go through life  breaking into homes and pointing guns at pregnant women, than I would with ordinary guys with no criminal history or drug use issues, but who do have an instinct to go overboard when looking out for their neighbors.

His comment was so absurd that I didn't think it deserved a serious response.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

An alternate, but certainly this mindset was common

No surprise.  This was a trial held in a court of opinion overseen by the leftist media, BLM crowd, and a few "public servants" on the left.

12 hours ago, Reality said:

His comment was so absurd that I didn't think it deserved a serious response.

I think we are supposed to pretend that Floyd was still an absolute victim here, he was indeed a victim, but of course not simply a victim.  His behaviors were integral to the negative outcome.  But hey, lets ignore that part, so others also behave idiotically and you get an ongoing repeat.

Then people can pretend its the system, instead of individual choices and behaviors.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:20 AM, Fireballer said:

These one liner trolling attempts are killing board cred.  Also, for such a divisive case based on race, why don't you think the state didn't pursue Chauvin on a hate crime? I mean the evidence has to be overwhelming, right?

strange isn't it? not one word about race in whole trial. i thought chauvin woke up that morning and said im gonna hunt me some black fellas?

A legal question if you will.  When I served on a jury our instructions were to hand down a verdict of either 2nd Degree Murder, Manslaughter or Not-guilty.  There were three options we had to come to a consensus on as a jury and choose 1.

In this case they found Chauvin guilty of three levels of homicide.  Is that normal?  How can a person be guilty of 2nd Degree Murder AND Manslaughter?  Isn't it a one or the other thing?

What am I missing?  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

A legal question if you will.  When I served on a jury our instructions were to hand down a verdict of either 2nd Degree Murder, Manslaughter or Not-guilty.  There were three options we had to come to a consensus on as a jury and choose 1.

In this case they found Chauvin guilty of three levels of homicide.  Is that normal?  How can a person be guilty of 2nd Degree Murder AND Manslaughter?  Isn't it a one or the other thing?

What am I missing?  :dunno:

State to state variances.  

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

State to state variances.  

Yeah, I guess so.  Seem's weird to me though.  

Activists are petitioning to have part of a street renamed after GF. I thought that was odd at first. Why do they only want to rename a portion of the street? It then dawned on me, they just want to rename the dead end. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Activists are petitioning to have part of a street renamed after GF. I thought that was odd at first. Why do they only want to rename a portion of the street? It then dawned on me, they just want to rename the dead end. 

I got lost in a city outside of Detroit once. It was a pretty scary looking area. I drove past a dead end street where the dead end sign had the the 'end' part of the sign blacked out. So, just 'Dead'.

I decided not to go down there to see what was up with the locals.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I got lost in a city outside of Detroit once. It was a pretty scary looking area. I drove past a dead end street where the dead end sign had the the 'end' part of the sign blacked out. So, just 'Dead'.

I decided not to go down there to see what was up with the locals.

Oh, no. Are you talking about Jackson, Michigan again? They have a massive state prison there. That's there to scare off any escaped inmates, utility workers are fine.

Chauvin juror... not so impartial.  This article isn’t written very well and IMO is misleading about the juror’s truthfulness to the judge, since the judge seems to have specifically asked about his knowledge of the civil trial.  But I find it disconcerting that a juror thinks that juries should be used for progressive change, not... the judicial process.

Speaking in a show called Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell on April 27, Mitchell said that people should say yes to jury duty as a means to promote societal change.

“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.”

Photo of juror with a “Get your knee off our necks — BLM” shirt along with complete article in link.

https://thepostmillennial.com/chauvin-trial-juror-spark-some-change

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Chauvin juror... not so impartial.  This article isn’t written very well and IMO is misleading about the juror’s truthfulness to the judge, since the judge seems to have specifically asked about his knowledge of the civil trial.  But I find it disconcerting that a juror thinks that juries should be used for progressive change, not... the judicial process.

Photo of juror with a “Get your knee off our necks — BLM” shirt along with complete article in link.

Wow, shocked...not. Typical Dems, legislating through judicial system.

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's troubling.

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Like I said, he should've been granted a change of venue and the jury should've been sequestered. 

Those two issues alone should warrant a retrial. Not to mention the inflammatory rhetoric from that beast from SoCal. 

Dude got railroaded. Plain and simple. 

Saw this.  Pretty wild.  Even some of the rags picked this story up.   

No one has any faith in any systems of America right now.  Perhaps they just get exposed these days and revealed.  

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Like I said, he should've been granted a change of venue and the jury should've been sequestered. 

Those two issues alone should warrant a retrial. Not to mention the inflammatory rhetoric from that beast from SoCal. 

Dude got railroaded. Plain and simple. 

If not a change of venue here, the when? If not a jury sequestration here, then when? If not a mistrial here, then when?

These safety valves were put in the system to ensure a fair trial for the accused and I don't know of any case, outside of those involving a mafia boss, that warrants it more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If not a change of venue here, the when? If not a jury sequestration here, then when? If not a mistrial here, then when?

These safety valves were put in the system to ensure a fair trial for the accused and I don't know of any case, outside of those involving a mafia boss, that warrants it more. 

Exactly. It's almost like they chose not to do the right thing for a reason. Whether that be to guarantee a conviction or guarantee a mistrial, who knows? But they focked it up from the start. 

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Exactly. It's almost like they chose not to do the right thing for a reason. Whether that be to guarantee a conviction or guarantee a mistrial, who knows? But they focked it up from the start. 

I forgot to add that one of the jurors is a BLM activist who photographed photos last year in a BLM cap and a 'Get Your Knee Off Our Necks" t-shirt.

Pointless to debate it now, justice is being dictated by pockets of people who are willing to be violent to get their way, welcome to woke world....  Pol Pot would approve.

This dishonest juror deserves to hang. 

18 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

sentencing today. i say he gets 500years because the mob says so.

I'm surprised he hasn't “committed suicide” by now.