Djgb13

What’s going on with the voting law Georgia passed?

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, SCOTUS chose not to hear the PA case, with no public explanation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/22/supreme-court-gop-pennsylvania-election-dispute-470827

One might speculate that Roberts feared the ramifications of the expected outcome of the case, given the clear overstepping of bounds by the PA executive branch.  Or perhaps it was whatever pablum the MSM fed you about there being no widespread errr.... rampant voter fraud.  :dunno: 

That’s probably because the Republican-led PA assembly passed the law allowing no excuse mail in voting in October 2019, and the GOP waited until after the election a year later to file their lawsuit.

Muh fraud! :cry: :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Link, cause I can't find anything close to 1.5%?

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results,_2020:_Analysis_of_rejected_ballots

you are absolutely right, it was actually 6.4, 1.4 was the national average

This figure was calculated using the data provided in the U.S. Election Assistance Commission's 2016 Election Administration and Voting Survey (p. 23). The EAC reported 13,677 rejected absentee/mail-in ballots out of the 213,033 returned. This results in a rejection rate of 6.4%.

This number differs from the Georgia Secretary of State's absentee files, Ballotpedia found 6,363 rejected absentee/mail-in ballots (those submitted by mail or electronically) out of 219,414 returned, resulting in a rejection rate of 2.9%.

The EAC does not conduct original research when compiling data for its annual survey. Instead, the body submits questionnaires to state election officials and reports what is provided with additional references if needed. No such references exist for Georgia's 2016 submission.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s probably because the Republican-led PA assembly passed the law allowing no excuse mail in voting in October 2019, and the GOP waited until after the election a year later to file their lawsuit.

This has nothing to do with the case discussed in the link, but otherwise good job, good effort as always, muh troll MDC!  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not sure if this is the same case but there was a lawsuit filed (somewhere) that attempted to block this exact thing. The plaintiffs were told they couldn't bring the case because they didn't have standing until after the election. The election came and went and when they tried to refile they were told it was too late to file and that they should've done so prior to the election. 

Yeah, that happened.  

21 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Not sure if this is the same case but there was a lawsuit filed (somewhere) that attempted to block this exact thing. The plaintiffs were told they couldn't bring the case because they didn't have standing until after the election. The election came and went and when they tried to refile they were told it was too late to file and that they should've done so prior to the election. 

Yeah, that happened.  

100%

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This has nothing to do with the case discussed in the link, but otherwise good job, good effort as always, muh troll MDC!  :lol: 

I have trouble keeping all of Trump’s losses straight. :thumbsup: 

SCOTUS chose not to hear the case because Trump could have won every PA vote received after Election Day and still lost the state.

Anything else I can help you with? 😂 

26 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, that happened.  

The act that allowed no excuse mail in voting in PA allowed 6 months to file a challenge. A GOP rep filed a year later after Election Day.

He was of course alleging muh fraud. :cry: :lol: 

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

I have trouble keeping all of Trump’s losses straight. :thumbsup: 

SCOTUS chose not to hear the case because Trump could have won every PA vote received after Election Day and still lost the state.

Anything else I can help you with? 😂 

you sure like to parrot that

how many cases did Trump actually file?

I honestly don’t care who is president, but what is the big issue with having people have an ID to vote?  Especially when they’re free?  Please help me here.

There is absolutely nothing in this law that prevents or hinders legal voters from voting. Not a damn thing. Take it to court or stfu. 

16 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Well, SCOTUS chose not to hear the PA case, with no public explanation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/22/supreme-court-gop-pennsylvania-election-dispute-470827

One might speculate that Roberts feared the ramifications of the expected outcome of the case, given the clear overstepping of bounds by the PA executive branch.  Or perhaps it was whatever pablum the MSM fed you about there being no widespread errr.... rampant voter fraud.  :dunno: 

If anybody has additional fraud cases besides what’s shown on the Heritage Foundation site, please share them. As I said before, please send them to the Heritage Foundation too, as they would LOVE to have more cases on there. I think they were hoping to find huge amounts of fraud when they started that site, and instead it’s become a great source AGAINST their position that we need “more election security."

It makes no sense to make major changes to election law when fraud is less rare than getting hit by lightning. Since we don’t know the effects of the just-passed laws, they might even increase voter fraud. Why change something that is working so well?

Innuendo is all the “muh fraud” crowd has.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

If anybody has additional fraud cases besides what’s shown on the Heritage Foundation site, please share them. As I said before, please send them to the Heritage Foundation too, as they would LOVE to have more cases on there. I think they were hoping to find huge amounts of fraud when they started that site, and instead it’s become a great source AGAINST their position that we need “more election security."

It makes no sense to make major changes to election law when fraud is less rare than getting hit by lightning. Since we don’t know the effects of the just-passed laws, they might even increase voter fraud. Why change something that is working so well?

So both sides have absolutely nothing, dope

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is absolutely nothing in this law that prevents or hinders legal voters from voting. Not a damn thing. Take it to court or stfu. 

It's already being taken to court. I have a feeling some parts of it may be thrown out. The question is: will they determine the entire law needs to be discarded or just parts of it?

Just now, Mungwater said:

So both sides have absolutely nothing, dope

Exactly. Fraud is less common than a needle in a haystack, but.... let’s make it illegal to give somebody water. That will fix this non-existent problem!

Just now, dogcows said:

Exactly. Fraud is less common than a needle in a haystack, but.... let’s make it illegal to give somebody water. That will fix this non-existent problem!

Then wouldn’t water be a nonexistent problem too?

20 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

I honestly don’t care who is president, but what is the big issue with having people have an ID to vote?  Especially when they’re free?  Please help me here.

Blacks are too lazy to get the id.  They also have less need for id’s because most drive without valid licenses so why have one to begin with.  Also, they Don’t have bank accounts most likely.   Everything is bought on the black market I guess.

this is what the Dems want us all to believe.

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Blacks are too lazy to get the id.  They also have less need for id’s because most drive without valid licenses so why have one to begin with.  Also, they Don’t have bank accounts most likely.   Everything is bought on the black market I guess.

Take the race thing out of it, we all know that’s garbage, what is the big deal with this law?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Blacks are too lazy to get the id.  They also have less need for id’s because most drive without valid licenses so why have one to begin with.  Also, They. Don’t have bank accounts most likely.   Kneed, everything is done on the black market.

This law isn’t even a voter ID law. It makes a bunch of changes to make absentee voting more difficult, restricts voting on Sundays, etc. You can still vote without ID if you have a utility bill or other form of ID... so maybe read a bit about the bill first? 

One absurd thing is that it allows the state government to overrule the results of any local election supervisors. So theoretically, the party in power could just overrule every outcome and say everybody voted for them. Insane.

Another provision intentionally put in to limit voting: drop boxes have to be inside the polling place AND they cannot be used within 4 days of the election. That is literally the most popular time to use a dropbox because people are trying to get the vote in on time, and are worried it might be late if they mail it. There is no question the intent of this is to limit the number of votes coming in. And again, handing somebody a bottle of water in line is a crime now? Unbelievable, and unnecessary. If anything is going to get this bill overturned by a judge, that’s it right there. Needless, only affects precincts with long lines (almost solely black-majority precincts)... can’t be any more obvious you are targeting people inconvenienced by Georgia’s intentional system of putting fewer polling places in minority neighborhoods.

If we’re actually a democracy, why is it acceptable for any state to make it HARDER to vote?

Imagine being so racist to think black people are so dumb they don't know how to get an ID. I mean I know white liberals are extremely racists and Democrats love keeping the Black community fatherless, poor, and juiced up on drugs. But this is a new low and they are so open about it.

4 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Take the race thing out of it, we all know that’s garbage, what is the big deal with this law?

It makes it harder to cheat. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Imagine being so racist to think black people are so dumb they don't know how to get an ID. I mean I know white liberals are extremely racists and Democrats love keeping the Black community fatherless, poor, and juiced up on drugs. But this is a new low and they are so open about it.

Maybe it’s for the illegals they are and have been pumping into our country, a soft invasion? They are just using the Black people as cover, once again. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

How about the fact that creepy joe came out to say it's crazy that people waiting in voting lines can't get water or food? Has anyone ever died because of lack of water or food when they go to the DMV?

I guess he's saying black people aren't smart enough to bring some water (if for some reason they need it) with them to vote or last an hour or two without food? I never knew black people need to eat and drink ever 20 minutes of the day and night and aren't smart enough to plan for waiting in lines.

Thank you creepy joe for letting me know that.

27 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How about the fact that creepy joe came out to say it's crazy that people waiting in voting lines can't get water or food? Has anyone ever died because of lack of water or food when they go to the DMV?

I guess he's saying black people aren't smart enough to bring some water (if for some reason they need it) with them to vote or last an hour or two without food? I never knew black people need to eat and drink ever 20 minutes of the day and night and aren't smart enough to plan for waiting in lines.

People can get water. Political organizations can’t bring it to them. What’s the Fockin problem? 

32 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Creepy Joe lied about children starving at the border. 

To think if that actually happened cnn would have been on it 24/7

Democrats will like about people collapsing from dehydration.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People can get water. Political organizations can’t bring it to them. What’s the Fockin problem? 

PolitiFact

But the language in the law doesn’t ban only political entities from handing out water.

Keith Williams, general counsel to Republican House Speaker David Ralston, told PolitiFact: "Any individual other than a worker at a polling place is prohibited from handing out water, etc., within 150 feet of a polling place or within 25 feet of the line." 

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

PolitiFact

But the language in the law doesn’t ban only political entities from handing out water.

Keith Williams, general counsel to Republican House Speaker David Ralston, told PolitiFact: "Any individual other than a worker at a polling place is prohibited from handing out water, etc., within 150 feet of a polling place or within 25 feet of the line." 

So what. What’s the big problem? Bring some water with you. There are no desserts  in Georgia. This part of the law is reactionary, due to abuse. As if people were dehydrating waiting to vote. I had to get off the line this year to take a leak. I hit the water fountain on my way back and resumed my place in line. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what. What’s the big problem? Bring some water with you. There are no desserts  in Georgia. This part of the law is reactionary, due to abuse. As if people were dehydrating waiting to vote. I had to get off the line this year to take a leak. I hit the water fountain on my way back and resumed my place in line. 

That's a very long-winded way of saying 'my bad, I was wrong'.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Or a distant way of saying this law isn’t .

I still don’t get the big deal

All this voter ID stuff is just an extension of "everything is racist". 

Sad reality we now live in

32 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No it’s not. You and the rest of the cucks carrying water for a corrupt political party in Georgia are wrong. People can get water. You insinuate they can’t. And you think you’re right? Lol. 

It would seem that anything that might appear to dilute the power of the Democrat Party is labelled racist.

Holy crap!!!! I've been working for the last couple hours and didn't drink any water or eat any food!!!!!! :shocking:

Somebody call the ER!!!

Can someone explain to me how this water crisis is raciss?  Are black people more prone to dehydration?  It seems to me that the intention was to suppress gifts which could influence votes, and somebody figured out this means you can't hand out water and... walla, racist$#!@#$!@

:dunno: 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Can someone explain to me how this water crisis is raciss?  Are black people more prone to dehydration?  It seems to me that the intention was to suppress gifts which could influence votes, and somebody figured out this means you can't hand out water and... walla, racist$#!@#$!@

:dunno: 

From what I understand, black people can't survive 5 minutes without guzzling water and eating food.

Are people still allowed to go to the bathroom while waiting on line? Cant you get some water then? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are people still allowed to go to the bathroom while waiting on line? 

Only out west like san fransisco and a few others

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Only out west like san fransisco and a few others

California is always ahead of their time. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

So your non-responsive response to my post (par for the course) is that there were no changes in the 2020 election, so the virtually unprovable amount of fraud prior to 2020 is equally virtually unprovable now?  Brilliant...

Oh, and since you will ignore that, let’s talk about Sundays.  Is there something about black people that systemically requires them to vote on Sundays?  Do they have a significantly higher employment rate vs. whites which makes the lack of Sunday votes disproportionately unfair to blacks?  Or, maybe, just brainstorming here, bear with me... maybe in the Deep South where it is very religious, it is difficult and unnecessary to staff and ask for volunteers to work on Sundays?

Typical liberals.

This dude probably doesn't even know what's in the proposed law. Disgusting people.