Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Is it time to cash out?

Stocks and cryptocurrencies are at an all time high, should you cash out or ride the wave? Seems like the government has been giving too much cash away. Is a depression soon to follow?

I don't know what I'm talking about, so feel free to correct me. I'm just thinking out loud. 

“Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon.” Well, the Fed has been pumping money into the economy since the start of the pandemic, and the money supply measurement, known as M2, is increasing as rapidly as it ever has in modern times, Fed data shows. By the end of this year, it is on track to expand by 40 percent above its prepandemic level.

As Ian Shepherdson, chief economist of Pantheon Macroeconomics, an independent research firm, put it: “Nothing remotely like this has ever happened before, and you don’t have to be a monetarist to regard such a massive monetary expansion as a potential inflation threat.”

Deluard points out that the level of stock gains we are seeing now is unprecedented, with one exception: the Great Depression. 

Further to that, individual investors have been throwing money at the market while insiders are getting out.

• Haha 1

No worries. Biden got this. 

• Haha 1

Do you have an investment advisor you trust, or are you doing this all on your own? 
If the latter, I'd stay away from any investments. 
Myself, I'm dumb like you are with this.  I've got some coin in my bank account and want to invest properly and will do it within the next month, but only with a person I trust to do it for mr.

Luckily, one of my sisters has just such the person that I will trust going into this endeavor. 
I wish the best for you however it turns out, Peenie. :thumbsup:

When I came to China in December, 2001 the exchange rate was 8.3 RMB to a dollar and now it's 6.5 RMB to a dollar, so that's nice.

You can’t time the market. Park it in a balanced index fund, for you maybe 60% stocks and 40% bonds. Leave it there

Just now, IGotWorms said:

You can’t time the market. Park it in a balanced index fund, for you maybe 60% stocks and 40% bonds. Leave it there

Ohhh, but some are convinced they can...My boss is one of those. 
Also, prolly good advice on the unbolded :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

Luckily, one of my sisters has just such the person that I will trust going into this endeavor. 

Does he also get you in to play Augusta?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

that sounds great unless you got in the japan stock market in 1989. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

This is the correct answer for the vast majority of the population.

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

James?

11 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Do you have an investment advisor you trust, or are you doing this all on your own? 
If the latter, I'd stay away from any investments. 
Myself, I'm dumb like you are with this.  I've got some coin in my bank account and want to invest properly and will do it within the next month, but only with a person I trust to do it for mr.

I wish the best for you however it turns out, Peenie. :thumbsup:

A lot of investment advisors are trash.  You'd be better off buying the book I recommended Peenie buy.  Supposedly she did but I have this sneaking suspicion that if that's the case she hasn't read it.  In any event, I'd recommend you buy the following book:

https://www.amazon.com/All-About-Asset-Allocation-Second/dp/0071700781#customerReviews

It's not a difficult read and only a couple hundred pages, but it gives you the foundation to either do your own investing or at least be able to intelligently discuss your goals and investment strategies with a professional if you still choose to go that route.

• Like 1

i pulled out of all my stocks and most funds around the time the game stop crap went down and biden started talking about his tax plan :rolleyes:. have it all in a balanced fund for now. made too much in 2020 and don't want to lose it now :D

i figured id sit back and wait for a bit. the market can't just keep going up like it was.

15 hours ago, peenie said:

I don't know what I'm talking about, 

REALLY?! 

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

REALLY?! 

I asked questions so no reason to ask me another question. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

A lot of investment advisors are trash.  You'd be better off buying the book I recommended Peenie buy.  Supposedly she did but I have this sneaking suspicion that if that's the case she hasn't read it.  In any event, I'd recommend you buy the following book:

https://www.amazon.com/All-About-Asset-Allocation-Second/dp/0071700781#customerReviews

It's not a difficult read and only a couple hundred pages, but it gives you the foundation to either do your own investing or at least be able to intelligently discuss your goals and investment strategies with a professional if you still choose to go that route.

Agreed, investment managers are mostly a scam. Charge you 1% to do d1ck. Meanwhile it doesn’t sound like much, just one percent!, but it really eats into your returns over time especially factoring in lack of compounding from those funds.

Stonks are down 1500 today.. FML :wall:

2 hours ago, porkbutt said:

i pulled out of all my stocks and most funds around the time the game stop crap went down and biden started talking about his tax plan :rolleyes:. have it all in a balanced fund for now. made too much in 2020 and don't want to lose it now :D

i figured id sit back and wait for a bit. the market can't just keep going up like it was.

How much have you missed out on so far? Federales have been pumping in trillions, who knows when we’ll have to pay the Piper but meanwhile you’re on the sidelines

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

How much have you missed out on so far? Federales have been pumping in trillions, who knows when we’ll have to pay the Piper but meanwhile you’re on the sidelines

not that much. out since mid february and most of my stocks have been a little down since then. the one fund in my 401k that made me a ton in 2020 is a little down too. yes, i hate being on sidelines but the balance funds im in are going up a little.

Peenie- if you would even consider pulling out if the market starts going down- then yes, get out now. On the other hand, if you are a long term investor and are in reputable mutual funds, then stay the course. You should be in this for the long haul- and the market has always gone down only to reach new heights. Hanging in during a market downturn is not very glamorous, but it is how the majority of us poor slobs can acquire wealth.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Old School said:

Peenie- if you would even consider pulling out if the market starts going down- then yes, get out now. On the other hand, if you are a long term investor and are in reputable mutual funds, then stay the course. You should be in this for the long haul- and the market has always gone down only to reach new heights. Hanging in during a market downturn is not very glamorous, but it is how the majority of us poor slobs can acquire wealth.

:thumbsup:

Just got some more AMC, blackberry, and CLNE. Ridin these to the moon 🚀 

• Haha 1

What crypto do have and what price did you buy it at? I work in finance but this shiot changes day from day. Insider trading at’s peak right now.  Buy whatever. 

I must’ve forgot to delete this one... :ninja:

On 5/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, Strike said:

A lot of investment advisors are trash.

Almost all of them are. If they were great with investing, they wouldn't be wasting their time talking to me and focking with my chicken scratch portfolio.

It's just like those who can, do, those who can't, teach.