Mike Isles

Mount Rushmore of Pizza toppings - Yours ?

51 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, I usually go with the all meat or the Supreme (meat and veg), occasionally just pepperoni. 

That's the thing about pizza. There's no wrong answer. You can go cheese only or put all the meat and vegetables you want on it, or any combination of toppings inbetween. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can sit and enjoy it or have a slice on the go. It pairs well with cheap beer and a nice wine. It can be eaten hot or cold. 

It might be the world's most perfect food.  :wub:

I think you jizzed a little bit there. 

18 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I am in the same boat. I get my pizza - deluxe/supreme whatever you want to call it with everything except the little fish.

That’s pizza hut lingo.

Pizza with more than 4 toppings is limp soggy crap. Maybe more than 3. A good Margherita pizza is as good as any.

4 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

I think you jizzed a little bit there. 

Mebbe  :ninja:

Oh look, another “NY Pizza sucks “ thread. Never saw one of those before. Laughable that some clueless rube who’s never been near NY is leading the charge. I bet it’s better in San Antonio. Lol. “My friend from up north told me”.  What a jackass. 

The only NYC pizza I had was in Little Italy and was okay but price was crazy for one slice. They didn't even want to give us our $15.00 back in change and said they didn't have change. I think the place was a front for the mob and we was the only ones eating there. They did have Celeb auto pics on the wall though mostly Italian ones.

Just as a matter of record - 

Here in the Metroplex, there are a gazillion places with "NY Style" pizza in the name. You have to look long and hard to find any 'Deep Dish' pizza places. Uno's was prolly the most notable - and they just announced the discontinuance of their famed deep dish pizzas. So... 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

here in the Metroplex, there are a gazillion places with "NY Style" pizza in the name. You have to look long and hard to find any 'Deep Dish' pizza places. Uno's was prolly the most notable - and they just announced the discontinuance of their famed deep dish pizzas. So... 

Is unos still around? They kind of sucked.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

here in the Metroplex, there are a gazillion places with "NY Style" pizza in the name. You have to look long and hard to find any 'Deep Dish' pizza places. Uno's was prolly the most notable - and they just announced the discontinuance of their famed deep dish pizzas. So... 

Been to the unos in Chicago. Very good. In the 90s, we would go to one in San Diego and San Francisco. Liked them, but not as good as the original .

edit: have not seen one in a very long time

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh look, another “NY Pizza sucks “ thread. Never saw one of those before. Laughable that some clueless rube who’s never been near NY is leading the charge. I bet it’s better in San Antonio. Lol. “My friend from up north told me”.  What a jackass. 

I started this as a topping thread. Not a NY vs Chicago pizza thread. 

Just sayin. 

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Been to the unos in Chicago. Very good. In the 90s, we would go to one in San Diego and San Francisco. Liked them, but not as good as the original .

We had a Unos in the early 90's and was always busy but went OOB around 97.

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Unos disconnected deep dish?

What the hell is the point of unos now? I mean, it was fairly bad deep dish, but...

9 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Unos in Georgetown in the 80s was a great place. A huge space and always packed with a line outside. Then they became like another Friday's. 

Anchovies,

kalamata olives,

ham/bacon

garlic 

Pepperoni 

Bacon

Sausage

prosciutto 

On 5/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mike Isles said:

Ha. Way to keep me on ignore kid. 

I wouldn’t normally defend dinglby but I’m pretty sure you can have someone on ignore, see a topic title and that they created it and just enter the thread and post a response based on that. 

I can still see all wiffleballs topics 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chicken fried steak. With corn and mashed potatoes and white gravy.

I'm just saying that would be a hell of a pizza.

Whilst on the subject, could you please stop trying to eat your pizza with a knife and fork? 

Unless you're in chicago. In which case, please stop eating your pizza.

butterflies

peanut butter

I bought one of those Ooni Pizza ovens. Not cheap but looking forward to cooking on the patio with it. Well, watching my wife cook. Hopefully we will still be able to get pizza dough. Cuz Ukraine 🇺🇦 

Anybody ever have New Haven Connecticut style pizza? I think there are multiple iterations. But it's mostly a minimally topped, coal or wood fired oven and it's freaking delicious.

Just now, wiffleball said:

Anybody ever have New Haven Connecticut style pizza? I think there are multiple iterations. But it's mostly a minimally topped, coal or wood fired oven and it's freaking delicious.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1