Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol, you’re an idiot.

First degree murder? No I don’t think it was premeditated. Do you?

Second degree murder? No it wasn’t intentional, right? Any evidence of that?

I mean when this happened I thought maybe there was some lovers quarrel going on but there doesn’t seem to be any actual indication of that.

Manslaughter? I highly doubt it. Again that typically has to be intentional. It’s not like they were in a fight and he killed her.

So seems to me you’re all the way down to involuntary manslaughter. It’s often a pretty weak charge outside of something like a DUI homicide. I think it would be pretty suspect here too. There’s an armorer and a whole process for making sure these kinds of mistakes don’t happen. Seems to me Baldwin was probably entitled to believe the gun he had been handed was safe as a prop. Apparently it wasn’t. If you’re gonna charge somebody it’d probably be the armorer I would think.

Where, specifically, do you disagree, and why?

Because Baldwin made fun of Trump and is a liberal.  

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

Are you retarded?  He pointed a gun at someone and shot that person, killing her.  In what jurisdiction is that legal Howard? 

He is. Baldwin killed someone that could have been avoided if he followed rules. Fact.

• Like 1

Lol, you’re an idiot.

I mean when this happened I thought maybe there was some lovers quarrel going on but there doesn’t seem to be any actual indication of that.

Manslaughter? I highly doubt it. Again that typically has to be intentional. It’s not like they were in a fight and he killed her.

So seems to me you’re all the way down to involuntary manslaughter. It’s often a pretty weak charge outside of something like a DUI homicide. I think it would be pretty suspect here too. There’s an armorer and a whole process for making sure these kinds of mistakes don’t happen. Seems to me Baldwin was probably entitled to believe the gun he had been handed was safe as a prop. Apparently it wasn’t. If you’re gonna charge somebody it’d probably be the armorer I would think.

LOL.  The idiot who predicted Zimmerman would get convicted is calling other people names?  Listen asshat, I've been right on EVERY legal case we've ever debated and you've been wrong.  You might want to consider that.  And don't hide behind the whole armorer BS.  I posted a link to the standards for using a gun on movie sets previously and one of them is that you NEVER point a gun at someone.  Guess why?  So things like this don't happen.  Let me repeat.  You NEVER point a gun at someone on a movie set. EVER. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I'm with you, I don't get it. Seems like an obvious accident in which Baldwin has little, if any, blame. 

I don't care what Baldwin's politics are. Then again, I'm a reasonable/unbiased Republican... quite rare in these parts.  :ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ding ding 🛎️

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm with you, I don't get it. Seems like an obvious accident in which Baldwin has little, if any, blame. 

I don't care what Baldwin's politics are. Then again, I'm a reasonable/unbiased Republican... quite rare in these parts.  :ninja:

Baldwin was completely at fault.

Please tell me you would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger if you didn't know if the gun was loaded or not by your own observation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

LOL.  The idiot who predicted Zimmerman would get convicted is calling other people names?  Listen asshat, I've been right on EVERY legal case we've ever debated and you've been wrong.  You might want to consider that.  And don't hide behind the whole armorer BS.  I posted a link to the standards for using a gun on movie sets previously and one of them is that you NEVER point a gun at someone.  Guess why?  So things like this don't happen.  Let me repeat.  You NEVER point a gun at someone on a movie set. EVER. 

Oh I guess all those movies with gun battles and such were CGI, even going back to the days of black and white :lol: :doh:

Ding ding 🛎️

Please tell me you would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger if you didn't know if the gun was loaded or not by your own observation.

Just now, craftsman said:

Baldwin was completely at fault.

Please tell me you would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger if you didn't know uf the gun was loaded or not by your own observation.

At a gun range, no.

On a movie set after a professional armorer handed me a gun and the director said point and shoot it... yeah, probably. :dunno:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Oh I guess all those movies with gun battles and such were CGI, even going back to the days of black and white :lol: :doh:

I suspect back in the days of black and white people got shot, and that's why they have standards on movie sets now.  The standards may not be that many decades old.  Maybe the Brandon Lee shooting was the impetus?  I don't know.  What I DO know is that they exist NOW, and I posted a link to them.  And yes, you do not point a gun at someone on a movie set.  I'm not surprised you're ignorant on the topic.  You usually are. 

Just now, GobbleDog said:

At a gun range, no.

On a movie set after a professional armorer handed me a gun and the director said point and shoot it... yeah, probably. :dunno:

1)  You NEVER point a gun at a person on a movie set.  Please don't be as ignorant as Worms.  Go read the standards.

2)  No one told him to point the gun.  He was practicing for his scene. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

At a gun range, no.

Stupid. Other actors came out and said no way would they do that. They check it themselves. Every time. At work, for whatever decisions I make, I check myself. And I don't handle guns at work. 

How focking hard is it to see if a handgun is loaded. Baldwin shoukd get the death penalty.

By hollywood standards, he's not even supposed to be pointing a gun at anyone.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  You NEVER point a gun at a person on a movie set.  Please don't be as ignorant as Worms.  Go read the standards.

2)  No one told him to point the gun.  He was practicing for his scene. 

And then he claimed he didn't even pull the trigger. Focking joey biden moment I guess. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

And then he claimed he didn't even pull the trigger. Focking joey biden moment I guess. 

Yeah.  The FBI already debunked that notion. 

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yep, that is why the liberals are saying he is innocent of everything..

12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yep, that is why the liberals are saying he is innocent of everything..

No, it's because as I explained before it's because as an actor(as a producer, he bears culpability for the people he hired) his actions do not rise(IMO) to anything that would lead to a charge.

16 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No, it's because as I explained before it's because as an actor(as a producer, he bears culpability for the people he hired) his actions do not rise(IMO) to anything that would lead to a charge.

As producer I could certainly see him facing civil liability, though I think they already settled that? Anyway, if you could show the operation was lax and the producers knew or should have known that, then yeah there’s definitely liability there, and as well there should be.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

As producer I could certainly see him facing civil liability, though I think they already settled that? Anyway, if you could show the operation was lax and the producers knew or should have known that, then yeah there’s definitely liability there, and as well there should be.

He pointed a real gun at someone and shot her dead. 

Just now, craftsman said:

He pointed a real gun at someone and shot her dead. 

Boy, outside the context of shooting a movie where he’d been handed a prop gun and told it was “cold,” yeah that sounds pretty damning! 😱

Liberals cheer Bannon being arrested and charged but give a pass to one of theirs for killing someone due to their recklessness. These people are not Americans anymore.  They just live here. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Boy, outside the context of shooting a movie where he’d been handed a prop gun and told it was “cold,” yeah that sounds pretty damning! 😱

If it was a prop gun no one would be dead today......

Just now, Strike said:

If it was a prop gun no one would be dead today......

Well, it was supposed to be one. Try to follow along please

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If someone gave you a gun and told you the  regulations were to not point it at anyone, what would you do?

And then why would you say you didn't pull the trigger? 

You don’t point guns at people. Period. You for sure don’t pull the trigger. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So your assertion is that it was supposed to be a prop and not a real gun and that Alex Baldwin thought it was a prop and not a real gun?  Because not even Alec Baldwin has asserted that. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You don’t point guns at people. Period. You for sure don’t pull the trigger. 

I have a much better understanding about why liberals are so scared of guns.  Perhaps we should replace the kids' gender identity class with a gun safety class.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Sounds like you described the Kim Potter incident, but she got 2 years.  :dunno:

Is anyone saying he should be charged with any degree of murder? Why is Worms bringing that up? 

55 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Possibly - I haven't stayed current with this in sometime, I just wanted to clarify the two different roles and IMO legal culpability he had on the production.  

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is anyone saying he should be charged with any degree of murder? Why is Worms bringing that up? 

Worms is an idiot.  Haven't you figured that out by now?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sounds like you described the Kim Potter incident, but she got 2 years.  :dunno:

That’s not a bad comparison. Potter was a trained officer and she meant to fire something, but still, there are some similarities.

I do not think she should have been criminally liable either and I believe I said so at the time. Sue the sh1t out of the department, yes, but that lady should not have gone to prison (and btw it was 16 months).

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your buddy craftsman wants to give him the chair… :dunno:

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s not a bad comparison. Potter was a trained officer and she meant to fire something, but still, there are some similarities.

I do not think she should have been criminally liable either and I believe I said so at the time. Sue the sh1t out of the department, yes, but that lady should not have gone to prison (and btw it was 16 months).

She actively meant to use non-lethal force, proving that there was literally zero intent on shooting him.  Though, my point wasn't to say you being hypocritical on it... I don't even remember what you said about it.  I was simply pointing out the inconsistency in how the two were treated by the media and our political elites.  In Potter's case, they wanted her in jail for a long time, wanted her brought up on charges for a hate crime.  They wanted her head on a pike.  Here?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.  Mum is the word.

It was 2 years, only 16 months in prison.  The other 8 months are supervised.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

She actively meant to use non-lethal force, proving that there was literally zero intent on shooting him.  Though, my point wasn't to say you being hypocritical on it... I don't even remember what you said about it.  I was simply pointing out the inconsistency in how the two were treated by the media and our political elites.  In Potter's case, they wanted her in jail for a long time, wanted her brought up on charges for a hate crime.  They wanted her head on a pike.  Here?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.  Mum is the word.

It was 2 years, only 16 months in prison.  The other 8 months are supervised.

Supervised release. Kinda left off a critical word there ;) 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Your buddy craftsman wants to give him the chair… :dunno:

He murdered someone. You want to set him free. 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Supervised release. Kinda left off a critical word there ;) 

You don't believe in individual responsibility do you?  

20 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Ding ding 🛎️

So this whole thing is an old story, but are you saying it wasn't 100%  Baldwin's fault?

If he had followed the rules ...."Treat every gun as though it is loaded" he wouldn't have killed her. 

Is there ANYONE on this board that thinks he didn't have to follow the "treat every gun as though its loaded" rule?

41 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So this whole thing is an old story, but are you saying it wasn't 100%  Baldwin's fault?

If he had followed the rules ...."Treat every gun as though it is loaded" he wouldn't have killed her. 

Is there ANYONE on this board that thinks he didn't have to follow the "treat every gun as though its loaded" rule?

You’re aware they were filming a movie, right?

He wasn’t just in some old church waving a gun around randomly like some lunatic. You know that, right?

:lol: