Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Props don't normally fire live rounds.  HTH.

You’re deliberately ignoring the fact that it was being used as a movie prop and was given to him to use as such.  He’d never have any reason to think it would have live rounds.  This is all preposterous.

15 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

You’re deliberately ignoring the fact that it was being used as a movie prop and was given to him to use as such.  He’d never have any reason to think it would have live rounds.  This is all preposterous.

There are guns used in movies called Prop Guns - incapable of firing ammunition.

There are real guns used in movies which can be either unloaded, loaded with blanks, or loaded with live ammunition.

The gun involved in the Alec Baldwin case was Not a prop gun by the definition of a prop gun.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

There are guns used in movies called Prop Guns - incapable of firing ammunition.

There are real guns used in movies which can be either unloaded, loaded with blanks, or loaded with live ammunition.

The gun involved in the Alec Baldwin case was Not a prop gun by the definition of a prop gun.

What I’ve read is that most “prop” guns are real guns for the purpose of authenticity.  The point is, if an actor is handed a gun to use while filming a scene, he’d have no reason to believe it had live rounds because it is only for prop purposes.

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

What I’ve read is that most “prop” guns are real guns for the purpose of authenticity.  The point is, if an actor is handed a gun to use while filming a scene, he’d have no reason to believe it had live rounds because it is only for prop purposes.

You make good points. 

16 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Was she black?

Don’t be a d0uche, Phyllis 

Wait, we can question the courts now? I’m so confused. I thought we were supposed to respect their findings? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Would you take that chance? I wouldn't. Plus, it's rule to not point it at anyone. He didn't follow that either.

13 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Things I've stated multiple times, you are wasting your breath. 

This case has turned political and hence the reason for the charge, IMO. This trial will end with a not guilty verdict against Baldwin. The armorer probably will be found guilty though, as should the asst. director who inspected the gun, but cut a deal.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Things I've stated multiple times, you are wasting your breath. 

This case has turned political and hence the reason for the charge, IMO. This trial will end with a not guilty verdict against Baldwin. The armorer probably will be found guilty though, as should the asst. director who inspected the gun, but cut a deal.

Where else in America can you shoot someone and blame it on someone else for not inspecting the gun properly and making sure there were no live rounds in it?

The duty is upon the person holding and firing the gun to ensure it is not loaded with live rounds.  That is the DE-FACTO rule #1 when dealing with firearms.  It is NOT a suggestion or a guideline.  It is literally a rule.  Always assume it is loaded unless you, yourself have visually inspected it.

I don't understand why you're having such a hard time with this.  Any other Joe Blow would have been charged.

• Confused 1

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Where else in America can you shoot someone and blame it on someone else for not inspecting the gun properly and making sure there were no live rounds in it?

The duty is upon the person holding and firing the gun to ensure it is not loaded with live rounds.  That is DE-FACTO rule #1 when dealing with firearms.  Always assume it is loaded unless you, yourself have visually inspected it.

I don't understand why you're having such a hard time with this.  Any other Joe Blow would have been charged.

If it was a war movie, and the prop guy handed him a grenade that he is to throw at the enemy and he does it and it was live, would you charge the actor or prop master for not doing there job. No, you would charge the person who gave them a live grenade.  It was not his job to be an expert in weapons, it was not his job to inspect the gun(most sets, they are told not to mess with the guns ever). They can request to be shown that there are no lives round in the gun, but prop or safety person is the one that is supposed to do that for the actor.  IF they have ben told that has in fact happened(as he was assured that it was done twice on his set), they are not under any obligation to triple check that---nor would he have the knowledge to know the difference between live and dummy rounds that were loaded into the gun for realism(this was supposed to be shot facing the camera---so dummy rounds should have been loaded) That DE-FACTO rule is on a movie set, it's the armorer and safety person's job RESPONSIBILITY for this,  the actor is a playing a role and assuming they have expert knowledge of everything around them is silly. 

Everyone here seems to be having a hard time understanding that fact.