Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Lubbock TX shooting

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

she kept backing up she was scared of him clearly, plus history is important, do we know if teal shirt had a DV against her?

we don't have all the facts here but its important information

under 21 feet you have to react with a fire arm or the guy can be on you, he already showed a willingness to come at him

I think self defense stands

Doubtful he had a DV, since supposedly he was there to pick up his kid. Probably wouldn’t have any custody with a DV.

31 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

This isn’t in anyway sumilar to Reggie Arbiry

Except for the whole “if you want to live, don’t try to grab someone’s gun” which I know was stated in the Arbery thread.  Lol at digby saying touching someone means you can shoot them.  What a pansy.

20 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

True. At the end of the day, I was rooting for the white guys in the Arbury case, but they tracked his black ass down. Teal shirt was on private property and from what I can tell was asked to leave multiple times. Law or no law, I have no problem with killing trespassers. 

He may not have even been trespassing, sounds like he was there at a court appointed time to pick up his kid.

17 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

True. At the end of the day, I was rooting for the white guys in the Arbury case, but they tracked his black ass down. Teal shirt was on private property and from what I can tell was asked to leave multiple times. Law or no law, I have no problem with killing trespassers. 

You and the judicial system differ in philosophy. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so honestly the dude should have gone in the house and left his assumed wife just standing outside with this guy and waited for the police?

Was that Carruth's wife?  Or was he her ex as well?  Reading conflicting stories.

She was able to flee as well.  Both should have.  Again, I LEAN murder, but can see both arguments.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Doubtful he had a DV, since supposedly he was there to pick up his kid. Probably wouldn’t have any custody with a DV.

Except for the whole “if you want to live, don’t try to grab someone’s gun” which I know was stated in the Arbery thread.  Lol at digby saying touching someone means you can shoot them.  What a pansy.

He may not have even been trespassing, sounds like he was there at a court appointed time to pick up his kid.

And they told him the kid was not there and to leave. I'm not going to go back and forth with you all evening. I stand by what I said, I have no problem killing trespassers and this is why I live in a red state and a deep red county that is 94% white. To use the old cliche, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. 

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You and the judicial system differ in philosophy. 

Without a doubt. I prefer the justice system of a century ago. 

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

And they told him the kid was not there and to leave. I'm not going to go back and forth with you all evening. I stand by what I said, I have no problem killing trespassers and this is why I live in a red state and a deep red county that is 94% white. To use the old cliche, I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. 

He’s grasping at straws, trying to twist what happened into something it isn’t. Fact is the guy had numerous chances to stop and got violent with the guy. If you had any common sense WHY would you try to charge at someone with a gun, get in their face threatening them, and trying to grab the gun even after a warning shot. It’s a good thing the police understand the law cause they said it was a justified self defense shooting. Only a retard like Hack thinks you can do whatever you want to someone on their property and get physical with them while also trying to take their gun and not expect to get shot 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

He’s grasping at straws, trying to twist what happened into something it isn’t. Fact is the guy had numerous chances to stop and got violent with the guy. If you had any common sense WHY would you try to charge at someone with a gun, get in their face threatening them, and trying to grab the gun even after a warning shot. It’s a good thing the police understand the law cause they said it was a justified self defense shooting. Only a retard like Hack thinks you can do whatever you want to someone on their property and get physical with them while also trying to take their gun and not expect to get shot 

They did?   From what I read, it's now in the hands of the Texas AG, no?  I haven't seen ANY official determination on this yet.  You have any links?

19 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

IMO, Dad wasn't damaging property, stealing any property or being violent.  He was simply yelling at his dumb-ass ex who DELIBERATELY did not have the kid ready per the custody agreement because SHE wanted to see the kid more.  Dad was hot - as ANY father would be with their ex.  Both the shooter and his ex had the oppurtunity to escape by simply going in the house, locking the door and calling the police.  They didn't and instead escalated it by bringing out the rifle.

I simply can't see this as self-defense.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

IMO, Dad wasn't damaging property, stealing any property or being violent.  He was simply yelling at his dumb-ass ex who DELIBERATELY did not have the kid ready per the custody agreement because SHE wanted to see the kid more.  Dad was hot - as ANY father would be with their ex.  Both the shooter and his ex had the oppurtunity to escape by simply going in the house, locking the door and calling the police.  They didn't and instead escalated it by bringing out the rifle.

I simply can't see this as self-defense.

I get what you're saying. Again, law or no law, if I ask someone to leave my property and they don't... slug or buckshot, what to you want to eat? I'm redneck as hell and don't give a fock though.

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They did?   From what I read, it's now in the hands of the Texas AG, no?  I haven't seen ANY official determination on this yet.  You have any links?

Digby likes to make things up.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I get what you're saying. Again, law or no law, if I ask someone to leave my property and they don't... slug or buckshot, what to you want to eat? I'm redneck as hell and don't give a fock though.

:lol:

Yeah, I get it.  I'm not keen on trespassers either, but technically he was there per the custody agreement so it's not like he was just some stranger walking around.  Like I said earlier, I KINDA can see both arguments here, but I lean on the murder side.  There was simply no threat of loss of life or limb and no property being threatened so self-defense, IMO, is off the table.

21 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

From the article posted: 

Carruth's attorney said the shooting was self-defenseand was found to be a "justifiable homicide" by the Lubbock Police Department, according to NBC affiliate KCBD News. “

57 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

you can still have custody with a DV

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

From the article posted: 

Carruth's attorney said the shooting was self-defenseand was found to be a "justifiable homicide" by the Lubbock Police Department, according to NBC affiliate KCBD News. “

Digby for the win! 

I just googled the story. Kyle (the shooter)... His last name is Carruth. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Digby for the win! 

Looks like they’re both right.   Local cops didn’t charge, but state AG still can.

And shooting him wouldn’t make it public? That would be the dumbest motive ever. Sounds like excuses after excuses when in reality the only one to blame for his death is his own self. There’s a diff between “can” and “will”. Texas AG ain’t gonna charge him. Plus this is white on white violence. No race card to play here so the media won’t be blowing up 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Looks like they’re both right.   Local cops didn’t charge, but state AG still can.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/10/lubbock-police-release-statement-fatal-shooting-chad-read/

2 weeks old.  I am going out on a very short limb and saying charges will be filed. In the old days of no phone video this would done. Not anymore.

• Like 1

Hi folks. Just a reminder. If someone has a gun and you attempt to take it. You're probably going to die.

• Like 2

As noted above, I blame the phones. 20 years ago, Kyle could have shot the bitcch waiting in the truck, buried them both out back, and called it a day. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

And shooting him wouldn’t make it public? That would be the dumbest motive ever. Sounds like excuses after excuses when in reality the only one to blame for his death is his own self. There’s a diff between “can” and “will”. Texas AG ain’t gonna charge him. Plus this is white on white violence. No race card to play here so the media won’t be blowing up 

Rittenhouse case was white on white violence too, and that was pumped up by the media to be the biggest racial injustice ever.  :dunno:

36 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

From the article posted: 

So the DEFENSE said the police said it was justifiable homicide?  Yeah, I don't think so.  The defense attorney is blowing smoke up your a$$.

Per https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/10/lubbock-police-release-statement-fatal-shooting-chad-read/ 

The shooting happened near 90th Street and Ave. P on Friday just before 4:30 p.m., but information about the shooter has not been released. According to police, this is standard procedure when no charges have been filed. At this time, no charges have been filed in this case, but police say the investigation is ongoing.

17 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So the DEFENSE said the police said it was justifiable homicide?  Yeah, I don't think so.  The defense attorney is blowing smoke up your a$$.

Per https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/10/lubbock-police-release-statement-fatal-shooting-chad-read/ 

Down goes Digby! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

The kid, who now has to live with the man who killed his dad, is going to grow up and avenge the killing. 

We've seen lots of Hamlet book, stage, and movie spinoffs since Shakespeare's time.

The way I see it is the dead guy was rightly pissed that his ex-wife didn't have the kid ready for his child custody agreement. He wasn't being violent, and was justifiably pissed. Also, he wasn't trespassing either, seeing as the court permitted him to be there. The homeowner escalated things by retrieving the gun and when dad Ahmed Arbury-ed the gun, he got McMichaled by the homeowner.

I see viable murder charges, so put me down in agreement with Tim Hauck and ES&C.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The way I see it is the dead guy was rightly pissed that his ex-wife didn't have the kid ready for his child custody agreement. He wasn't being violent, and was justifiably pissed. Also, he wasn't trespassing either, seeing as the court permitted him to be there. The homeowner escalated things by retrieving the gun and when dad Ahmed Arbury-ed the gun, he got McMichaled by the homeowner.

I see viable murder charges, so put me down in agreement with Tim Hauck and ES&C.

And TimmySmith!

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And TimmySmith!

The unification of the Tims.

I’d side with self defense here. His property and the guy tried to take the gun away. Dude was asking for it. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’d side with self defense here. His property and the guy tried to take the gun away. Dude was asking for it. 

Not his property 

The whole thing was senseless. Go in the house, lock the doors. If he comes in. Shoot him. They were not fighting over the gun when he was shot. He stepped away and shot him.  Murder. 

4 minutes ago, Boots11234 said:

The whole thing was senseless. Go in the house, lock the doors. If he comes in. Shoot him. They were not fighting over the gun when he was shot. He stepped away and shot him.  Murder. 

And don’t Fock with his time to see his kid without good reason.  

Without knowing the history of any previous run-ins, I have a hard time seeing this as self-defense.  

I don’t feel like the shooter was ever in any real danger.  

The law might technically end up on his side, but as others have pointed out, the situation was avoidable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Whose property were they on?

The woman the shooter was having an affair with (ex-wife of the dead guy).

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Not his property 

That was just my first thought after watching the video. I don’t know any other details. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The woman the shooter was having an affair with (ex-wife of the dead guy).

Oh. So the guy didn't live there? Just a visit? So both guys were visitors?

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I say its murder as well!!