Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Saudi Golf Tour

On 7/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, Fumbleweed said:

. Norman is not hell-bent on improving golf. He's hell-bent on wreaking havoc to golf and has been for quite some time. 

You are confusing "golf", with "the current organized professional golf paradigm". The former being the game we all play, the latter being the controlling industrial complex over the ever changing group of highly talented players capable of making it money. You have personalized the latter when all you ever were to them was a source of revenue.  Greg Norman is certainly upsetting the paradigm, but his goals are no different than the PGAs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Ernie Els:  "You can’t have a 48-man tour playing no-cut golf and expect the world to take you seriously."

:lol:

Funny. I enjoy the sh1t out of the American Century celebrity tournament. Do you not?

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

How should he have handled it? Not saying this is perfect, but I would have said: 

* PGA Tour players will not be banned from PGA Tour events simply for playing in LIV events. 

* Any Tour players wishing to keep their PGA Tour card must still meet the minimum played events requirement (15). 

* LIV players will not be awarded OWGR points. 

Doing those 3 things keeps all your big names in the majors, WGCs, and The Player's. It keeps you from a mass exodus and maybe most importantly, it keeps you from being investigated by the DOJ and possibly sued. 

Cruzer for PGA commish

It is the PGA that doesn't want LIV players. Not the other way around. They did LIV a favor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Cruzer for PGA commish

It is the PGA that doesn't want LIV players. Not the other way around. They did LIV a favor.

I think Cruz’s take on what the PGA Tour should have done makes sense as well. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I think Cruz’s take on what the PGA Tour should have done makes sense as well. 

Now the PGA has made the players that left only watchable by seeking the LIV tour. They did them a huge solid. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Now the PGA has made the players that left only watchable by seeking the LIV tour. They did them a huge solid. 

Not only that, they're giving LIV free publicity. How much are Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch, Ford, Chevy, AT&T's advertising budgets? 

I've yet to see 1 LIV promo spot, commercial or add....................thank you GC, soicial media and Jay-boy. 

Now Bubba. Wull be explained as another slightly over the hill player, no big deal. But certainly a lot of green jackets on the LIV. Almost like the players know the Masters is neutral on the whole thing.

On 7/21/2022 at 9:07 AM, Cruzer said:

Not only that, they're giving LIV free publicity. How much are Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch, Ford, Chevy, AT&T's advertising budgets? 

I've yet to see 1 LIV promo spot, commercial or add....................thank you GC, soicial media and Jay-boy. 

They are going to get a TV deal and then it's game on

i dont know what is going on but yahoo sports was upset that chares barkley might jump to LIV, whatever that hell that means.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

They are going to get a TV deal and then it's game on

They can all thank Jay-boy. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

They can all thank Jay-boy. 

That cocky lil b1tch ruined the PGA 4 life. He thought he was Roger Goddell going after the USFL

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

That cocky lil b1tch ruined the PGA 4 life. He thought he was Roger Goddell going after the USFL

Think it's bad now, wait until the lawsuits and stuff start taking off. 

I heard (he said) he was going to use player's pensions to pay for the legal fights. LOL, good luck with that. :lol:

This is like seeing the unhinged react to Trump back in 2017. They were always unhinged we just didn't see it.

Davis Love says that golfers should skip America's golf championship,  the US Open, in protest. What does that have to do with the PGA?

Now it's 9/11?  All the ways people could have protested in the last 22 years, and  now they are focusing on golf?  Just being used. 

Nobody cares, who’s leading anyway?  If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it even make a sound?

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Nobody cares, who’s leading anyway?  If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it even make a sound?

:rolleyes: Ask Brandel.  Based on the constant LIV narrative, seems like its making a sound and plenty are hearing it

13 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

There you go, you’re finally getting it - nobody does care.

Hopefully this trend will continue and the likes of Chamblee and the rest of the GC whiny biitches will stop caring and talking about it too. 

4 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Ryder Cup type match....PGA vs. LIV.

love it.  So Phil captains a team comprised of   DJ, Brooks (and maybe Chase), Bryson, Reed, Gooch, Kevin Na, CH3...... hmmm does LIV get to include Euros? would the PGA get to include Euros? If not, it gets a little harder but not impossible... Kokrak, Pat Perez, James Piot, and Matthew Wolff would get the team to 12.   If non americans can be swapped in then I take Louis, Sergio, Casey, Poulter.

PGA has Scottie, JT, Spieth, Xander, Cantlay, Morikawa, Finau, Burns, Zalatoris, Young, Homa, maybe Horschel?  That's if they can't use Rory and Matt Fitz. 

clear advantage PGA but with some of the fiery guys on the LIV side, and the format of a Ryder Cup, it might be interesting. 

41 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Ryder Cup type match....PGA vs. LIV.

the SuperHole.

13 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Woods turned down a $700 million offer to join the LIV Tour, per Bleacher Report.  Greg Norman was the source.

Woods is a ceremonial player now. 10 years ago, I have no doubts he would take that deal and run. (KSB would say otherwise of course :lol:) but tiger recently became the 3rd billionaire athlete alongside Lebron and Jordan which is phenomenal considering he has never benefitted from the same type of fully guaranteed contracts...., he took years to rehab his image from his scandals and now his leg is shot. He won't even play a full LIV 14 event schedule going forward, and with no cut, can't WD in the middle of round 2. I mean, theoretically he could.... LIV wouldn't care. For them the offer wasn't about Tiger's ability to play, they were making the offer for his name and likeness. 

At this point, Tiger probably has more $$ than all the LIV golfers combined (before their LIV contracts). What he cares about now is riding off into the sunset with his legacy intact, viewed as the good guy and hitting those ceremonial tee shots at Augusta one day 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Woods is a ceremonial player now. 10 years ago, I have no doubts he would take that deal and run. 

I disagree with the majors wins in play back then.  He wanted Jack!  Edited to say....I realize they are not kicked out of those yet.

Dayum. Tiger turned down 800m?

S***, I'd golf at a minefield in the DMV for that amount of money.

JFC, Deshamblow is on Tucker and trying his best B.S. sales pitch.  Cringe.  Tucker is out of his lane in sports, only there because it was at Trumps place.  

They gave you multi-millions up front, Bryson.  STFU with “the fans want the LIV format”. “I’m here to grow golf!”

I feel like I’m listening to an AMWAY pitch.

Look, I get that some leagues should be bargained against.  The MLB and NFL have all had unions that have bargained against the league for the betterment of the players, there have been strikes. Okay.

But the LIV is a focking joke.  Wake the fock up.  Y'all funny. :lol:

• Ladies European Tour returns from the pandemic stronger than it went in, with the Aramco Team Series events bringing four new $1m prize-fund tournaments

The Ladies European Tour remains open to embracing new and unique approaches to elite-level tournament golf as a means of elevating the women’s game, says Tour CEO Alexandra Armas.

This year’s season calendar is the most lucrative in LET history, with 34 events across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and as far afield as the US and Australia, where back-to-back events got underway last week in New South Wales.

—————————————-

Aramco is a very big sponsor of the LET, which now has corporate ties with the LPGA. Norman overstated the case, but the women's pro tours are doing business with the Saudis.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Winners win, Losers whine.  

Couldn’t agree more. That’s why it’s been so funny watching monahan, rory, brandel and others continually whine about a golf league they claim doesn’t matter. 

norman and LIV are LIVing RMFF 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

But the LIV is a focking joke.  Wake the fock up.  Y'all funny. :lol:

The fact you keep thinking we think LIV is legit and not a joke is a focking joke. :lol:

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Couldn’t agree more. That’s why it’s been so funny watching monahan, rory, brandel and others continually whine about a golf league they claim doesn’t matter. 

norman and LIV are LIVing RMFF 

Gross.  This post has monkeypox all over it.  

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The fact you keep thinking we think LIV is legit and not a joke is a focking joke. :lol:

Dude,  a thousand people paid good money to go to the last tournament,  including @WhiteWonder he paid 50 bucks meanwhile tickets were 2 bucks on stubhub.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dude,  a thousand people paid good money to go to the last tournament,  including @WhiteWonder he paid 50 bucks meanwhile tickets were 2 bucks on stubhub.

I would have probably gone for 2 bucks if I’d been around. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

People pay good money to go to the circus too........Why? To see a circus. 

I wouldn't give one red cent to watch a LIV event. But if the Masters all of the sudden started charging $200 to view on tv - I couldn't sign up fast enuff. 

Want something really funny to laugh at...........? Luke Donald

The same Luke Donald who went to college in the US, the same Luke Donald who married an American girl, the same Luke Donald who has 3 homes - all of them in the US and lives in the States. 

If ever a dude screamed Euro RC Captain, if ever a dude embodied the history and tradition of the Euro team - it's Luke Donald. :lol:

49 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I retract my statement.  I over estimated the ticket prices by 100%

https://www.businessinsider.com/tickets-trump-saudi-liv-golf-thin-crowds-2022-7

I’d have paid the $2 out of respect for challenging the sheep mentality 🐑 😂 

These pro PGA guys keep flip-flopping. First it's the sanctity of the PGA Tour. Next it's all about the players. Then it's about golf itself. Then they say they wouldn't pay $1 to see a golf exhibition that included a chance to see some of the biggest names to play the sport, up close,  with no crowds. Turns out it's just about brand loyalty, with nothing to do with the sport or the players.