TimmySmith

Saudi Golf Tour

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Thinking I support LIV.

Thinking I hope LIV works out. 

:doh:

:first: 

50 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

LIV is the best thing to happen to golf.  The PGA needed shaken up and that's just what is happening.

I remember when FOX got it's 1st NFL contract and everyone complained that NBC and CBS were the only capable of showing NFL football.  A year later NBC and ABC were scrambling to make their telecast look like Fox's. It's not just about money, competition is good. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I remember when FOX got it's 1st NFL contract and everyone complained that NBC and CBS were the only capable of showing NFL football.  A year later NBC and ABC were scrambling to make their telecast look like Fox's. It's not just about money, competition is good. 

Was all Joe Buck

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'm glad FOX doesn't do golf anymore. Having to listen to Joe Buck do the US Open made me want to break things. 

FOX is my least favorite football watch, fwiw

43 minutes ago, edjr said:

Was all Joe Buck

42 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I'm glad FOX doesn't do golf anymore. Having to listen to Joe Buck do the US Open made me want to break things. 

30 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

FOX is my least favorite football watch, fwiw

It was 1994 and they changed the way sports is now watched.  Madden and Summerall, no Buck and Aikman, thankfully. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

It was 1994 and they changed the way sports is now watched.  Madden and Summerall, no Buck and Aikman, thankfully. 

Madden and Summerall, all-time booth combo.

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Yeah but my earliest memories of Madden and Summerall were with CBS when i was 6-7ish. Of course I remember the several years with Fox but by the time I was in my football and FF prime, Madden was already at ABC with Michaels. 

I just Know that for the past 2 decades, Fox and their football robots and Joe Buck :cry:

Just heard Tigers press conference part on LIV

I get it, the PGA has prestige and historical events and trophies (since it’s been the only game in town)

I get it, some golfers left or “turned their backs” on the employer who helped them build their careers (again, only game in town)

we know the PGA is great. 

spare me the sales pitch 😉😂

23 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

i didnt even know he played bridgestone. I just associate them with Fred Couples and then Tiger during his image comeback. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i didnt even know he played bridgestone. I just associate them with Fred Couples and then Tiger during his image comeback. 

I think Jason Day might play them too, but other than that, I can't think of anyone else. 

21 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Just heard Tigers press conference part on LIV

I get it, the PGA has prestige and historical events and trophies (since it’s been the only game in town)

I get it, some golfers left or “turned their backs” on the employer who helped them build their careers (again, only game in town)

we know the PGA is great. 

spare me the sales pitch 😉😂

I did too... Christ, talk about sounding like an idiot: 

Tiger talking about what they’re  doing to "our sport"..... Um I'm sorry - when did you and the PGA invent golf??? :doh:

Tiger talking about these guys turning their backs..... Um the PGA Tour, sponsors and the players' pension banked all kinds of $$$ off these guys - they benefited just as much. #fact

Tiger talking about where's the incentive to dig it out of the dirt..... Um you're the dude who put Appearance Fee Money (aka free $$$ to just show up) on the map. Talk about a money grab. :doh:

Tiger should stick to winning tournaments, making money and banging whoores - leave the politics to Jay-boy. 

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I think Jason Day might play them too, but other than that, I can't think of anyone else. 

Kuch has always been a Bridgstone guy.  

7 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I did too... Christ, talk about sounding like an idiot: 

Tiger talking about what their doing to "our sport"..... Um I'm sorry - when did you and the PGA invent golf??? :doh:

Tiger talking about these guys turning their backs..... Um the PGA Tour, sponsors and the players' pension banked all kinds of $$$ off these guys - they benefited just as much. #fact

Tiger talking about where's the incentive to dig it out of the dirt..... Um you're the dude who put Appearance Fee Money (aka free $$$ to just show up) on the map. Talk about a money grab. :doh:

Tiger should stick to winning tournaments, making money and banging whoores - leave the politics to Jay-boy. 

Tiger may have a V-8 moment and realize that he created the LIV. Today's entire golf landscape was created in his image.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Tiger may have a V-8 moment and realize that he created the LIV. Today's entire golf landscape was created in his image.

A lot of truth to this. 

Arnold ushered golf into the age of television and marketing.....BUT, Tiger took it to a whole new level. Sponsor representation, the WGC series and Fedex Cup - all boosted or created as a direct result of Tiger. All fueled by the lucrative flow of $$$ that Tiger generated. Tournament purses, players' pensions, network earnings, sponsors earnings, Tour earnings, charity donations - all money, money, money, money, money driven. All bcoz of Tiger Woods. 

Now chasing money is a bad thing... 

The Open Championship at St. Andrews.  Wow, what a compare & contrast to the new fangled cash grab LIV Saudi Tour.  Lets play the analogy game, shall we?

Good vs Evil

Truth vs Lie

Moralty vs Greed

UNC vs Duke

Tiger vs Phil

therermaybemore

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The Open Championship at St. Andrews.  Wow, what a compare & contrast to the new fangled cash grab LIV Saudi Tour.  Lets play the analogy game, shall we?

Good vs Evil

Truth vs Lie

Moralty vs Greed

UNC vs Duke

Tiger vs Phil

therermaybemore

MJ vs. your boy LeBron

1 minute ago, Reality said:

MJ vs. your boy LeBron

Well, ummmm, so.....:biden mumble:......plead the 4th words.

12 hours ago, Cruzer said:

A lot of truth to this. 

Arnold ushered golf into the age of television and marketing.....BUT, Tiger took it to a whole new level. Sponsor representation, the WGC series and Fedex Cup - all boosted or created as a direct result of Tiger. All fueled by the lucrative flow of $$$ that Tiger generated. Tournament purses, players' pensions, network earnings, sponsors earnings, Tour earnings, charity donations - all money, money, money, money, money driven. All bcoz of Tiger Woods. 

Now chasing money is a bad thing... 

Wonder if Tiger would have been so quick to dismiss LIV 15 years ago or is it just easy for him to do now given the state of his injuries, knowing it’s unlikely he will win again, recently becoming a billionaire athlete (which I think can only be claimed by MJ and LeBron), possibly only playing Majors going forward and at this point caring very deeply about his legacy…and hitting ceremonial tee shots at Augusta. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Wonder if Tiger would have been so quick to dismiss LIV 15 years ago or is it just easy for him to do now given the state of his injuries, knowing it’s unlikely he will win again, recently becoming a billionaire athlete (which I think can only be claimed by MJ and LeBron), possibly only playing Majors going forward and at this point caring very deeply about his legacy…and hitting ceremonial tee shots at Augusta. 

Never mention Tiger again in this conversation.  That's like asking if Jack or Arnold would do the same.  Sacreligous; Keep his name out yo mouf. 

• Sad 1

I honestly believe Tiger has a fire that burns for majors, that he feeds off competition. That being said Tiger has proven time and time again - he's all about Tiger, all about the glam, all about the $$$ too.... Like I said, the dude who made Appearance Fee Money a bonafide gig prolly needs to cool a bit on bashing others chasing cash too. 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I honestly believe Tiger has a fire that burns for majors, that he feeds off competition. That being said Tiger has proven time and time again - he's all about Tiger, all about the glam, all about the $$$ too.... Like I said, the dude who made Appearance Fee Money a bonafide gig prolly needs to cool a bit on bashing others chasing cash too. 

Horrible take.  WTF is wrong with ya'll?  You try to portray yourself as the Golf God here but nah man, true colors shinging through. 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Horrible take.  WTF is wrong with ya'll?  You try to portray yourself as the Golf God here but nah man, true colors shinging through. 

Actually it's a great take.. And please stop with the crying already, we have enuff whiny biitches around here as it is. 

Golf gawd, ha if you think so. I love golf, will go head and toe with you all day on anything golf related. Cuz if you're the measuring stick and true colors of the game, lord help us all. 

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Actually it's a great take.. And please stop with the crying already, we have enuff whiny biitches around here as it is. 

Golf gawd, ha if you think so. I love golf, will go head and toe with you all day on anything golf related. Cuz if you're the measuring stick and true colors of the game, lord help us all. 

I have no doubt if you and I played a round you'd be the overwhelming favorite; I'm an 11 handicap.

I have no doubt if we played Golf History Jeapoardy you'd prolly win, despite my history of simply scoreing well on tests and trivia. 

HOWEVER, where you and I depart is identifying business and global finacial decisions.  LIV, in spite of your anti-PGA thoughts, is a money orgy. And there is no such thing as a free lunch.  Welcome to the losers club.  Make your bed, ya'll have to sleep in it. 

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I have no doubt if you and I played a round you'd be the overwhelming favorite; I'm an 11 handicap.

I have no doubt if we played Golf History Jeapoardy you'd prolly win, despite my history of simply scoreing well on tests and trivia. 

HOWEVER, where you and I depart is identifying business and global finacial decisions.  LIV, in spite of your anti-PGA thoughts, is a money orgy. And there is no such thing as a free lunch.  Welcome to the losers club.  Make your bed, ya'll have to sleep in it. 

For the life of me, I do not get why you insist on believing me (and several others here) believe in and support LIV. I don't give 2 shiits about it - who plays, who wins, notta. LIV occupies about as much of my time and thought as does the WNBA. In fact if not for this thread, social media and the GC - I'd never give LIV a 2nd thought. 

You see LIV as a threat, I do not. Far be it from me (though) to tell a grown ass man how he should or shoudn't earn a living... On a side note, that being said - LIV is nuts if they think they deserve OWGR points. When you're a beer league you enjoy it, but you also own it too. 

I'm all about the PGA Tour, the USGA and the R&A. What John Reid, C.B. McDonald, 5 founding clubs of the USGA, Bobby Jones, Arnold Palmer, TW, Alan Robertson, Tom Morris, Gentlemen Golfers of Leith, and on and on - what they did to create and grow the game will be the only thing I ever care about. 

I hope you’re one day able to dismiss and separate LIV from your golfing universe. Just ignore it, I do - that's why my golfing enjoyment hasn't changed one bit. 

2 guys play golf to a -6 handicap. Both make $50M a year. Yet one is greedy and the other isn't in the eyes of some. And yet, somehow, Tiger was never greedy for being a 1 man tour, totally separate from the rest of the PGA, doing whatever he wanted,  playing wherever he wanted. For 15 years, making as much as the rest combined. The LIV is surely his baby, just look at the DNA, and he absolutely would blow up the PGA if he endorsed the LIV, that is why he won't.  Still, you know in his heart, there is satisfaction there,  because it's his.

13 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Tiger is THE exception, he should have gotten more just to show up. He's the reason purses are what they are. Dude has been the face of golf for 25 years and he's the gift that keeps on giving.

LETS GO DEEJAY! 

On 7/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, Reality said:

Tiger is THE exception, he should have gotten more just to show up. He's the reason purses are what they are. Dude has been the face of golf for 25 years and he's the gift that keeps on giving.

They used to say - for every $1 a Tour pro made, $.10 should go to Arnold. Much is the same today for the modern player and Tiger. 

From an accolades, achievement and appreciation standpoint, Tiger is deserving of everything he gets. That being said you can't go in front of a mic, preach about playing for integrity and competition - and be the Godfather of the original Money Grab. You can't be the dude who made millions in Middle East appearance fee $$$. Bashing dudes chasing cash when you yourself flew in your personal G5 to play in tournaments where the only reason you played was bcoz you got paid whether you made the cut or not.....just shut up about that already. 

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

They used to say - for every $1 a Tour pro made, $.10 should go to Arnold. Much is the same today for the modern player and Tiger. 

From an accolades, achievement and appreciation standpoint, Tiger is deserving of everything he gets. That being said you can't go in front of a mic, preach about playing for integrity and competition - and be the Godfather of the original Money Grab. You can't be the dude who made millions in Middle East appearance fee $$$. Bashing dudes chasing cash when you yourself flew in your peronal G5 to play in tournaments where the only reason you played was bcoz you got paid whether you made the cut or not.....just shut up about that already. 

:first:

7 hours ago, Cruzer said:

From an accolades, achievement and appreciation standpoint, Tiger is deserving of everything he gets. That being said you can't go in front of a mic, preach about playing for integrity and competition - and be the Godfather of the original Money Grab. You can't be the dude who made millions in Middle East appearance fee $$$. Bashing dudes chasing cash when you yourself flew in your peronal G5 to play in tournaments where the only reason you played was bcoz you got paid whether you made the cut or not.....just shut up about that already. 

Don't forget Tiger was the one to say he wanted to be paid to play in the Ryder Cup as well. 

Also.

LETS GO DEEJAY!!! 

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

The Open champion rumored to LIV. Sheeeesssh.

9 figures to play 10, 54 hole tournaments a year. :dunno:

If many more defect, I am likely done with professional golf. And I’m as week in, week out as it comes. 

Rumored….

Cam, Hideki, Fleetwood

Kokrak and Stenson heading there. 

I know the guys who hate change will find a way to poke holes in these names. Stenson is toast (true), Kokrak is a solid but not special. Fleetwood doesn’t win.

Would  be hard to shrug off Hideki and Cam

It may get to the point where the PGA will only have Rory, Scottie, and JT.  Xander and Cantlay with one major between them will be moved up a notch, and the two tours will look a lot more even on paper. 

It’s too bad the PGA was too stubborn to simply contract their stars  now it will get to the point where LIV will get approved for OWR points as well  

2 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

If many more defect, I am likely done with professional golf. And I’m as week in, week out as it comes. 

So you’re not really into golf, you’re into big name stars? 

Rumored….

Cam, Hideki, Fleetwood

Kokrak and Stenson heading there. 

I know the guys who hate change will find a way to poke holes in these names. Stenson is toast (true), Kokrak is a solid but not special. Fleetwood doesn’t win.

Would  be hard to shrug off Hideki and Cam

It may get to the point where the PGA will only have Rory, Scottie, and JT.  Xander and Cantlay with one major between them will be moved up a notch, and the two tours will look a lot more even on paper. 

It’s too bad the PGA was too stubborn to simply contract their stars  now it will get to the point where LIV will get approved for OWR points as well  

Fleetwood should go. I pegged him long ago as a dude who’d never win a major. 

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

So you’re not really into golf, you’re into big name stars? 

I understand where fumble is coming from. A deep divide is going to hurt my enjoyment of the PGA and watching events. LIV would need to get a lot more established for me to start caring about the actual product beyond the politics of it. So a watered down product will be a shame. 

I blame the PGA for bitching this. Handled it totally wrong. Took the stubborn holier than thou route. 

This is going the way I feared when LIV started getting momentum.     PGA is becoming watered down and who knows how many more they will pluck.