JustinCharge

nuclear war - doomsday⌛

I suppose this needs its own thread.

There's not much we can do about any of this except be prepared.  A satellite phone, police scanner, go bag, and just being somewhere off the grid might boost your odds.  I'm shielded by several mountain ranges at the moment in an out of the way area.  A good idea might be to have a friend with a doomsday bunker (think 10 Cloverfield Lane with John Goodman).   Or if you have a ocean-worthy vessel you could sail out to sea for a while.

But other than some ideas to survive, there's not a lot to say.  :(

Link to a guide on how to prepare for nuclear war:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The missiles have been launched. You should go into a bunker and stay there for 10 years. No coming out for a looksy.

Fock it. If it happens I hope they drop one on my house. At least I won't be around for the Civil War. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The missiles have been launched. You should go into a bunker and stay there for 10 years. No coming out for a looksy.

Trumps fault!!! :cry:

22 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

There's not much we can do about any of this except be prepared.  A satellite phone, police scanner, go bag, and just being somewhere off the grid might boost your odds.  I'm shielded by several mountain ranges at the moment in an out of the way area.  A good idea might be to have a friend with a doomsday bunker (think 10 Cloverfield Lane with John Goodman).   Or if you have a ocean-worthy vessel you could sail out to sea for a while.

If that chic is there with Goodman then that sounds like the plan. Kill Goodman the minute you get there and F the crap out of that chic.

JustinCharge thirsts for new ways to be a pearl-clutching biddy.

Putin puts nuclear forces on alert in response to sanctions.  Were focked if we dont drop all sanctions  

https://www.axios.com/putin-nuclear-forces-9d1a2823-9512-4ab3-89f2-118ee37e0970.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a televised statement on Sunday that he was ordering Russia's nuclear deterrent forces on alert, as he continues his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

Driving the news: Speaking alongside his defense minister and military chief of staff, Putin said recent sanctions and "aggressive statements" from NATO countries had led him to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty."

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-europe-moscow-2e4e1cf784f22b6afbe5a2f936725550

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — In a dramatic escalation of East-West tensions over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian nuclear forces put on high alert Sunday in response to what he called “aggressive statements” by leading NATO powers.

The order means Putin has ordered Russia’s nuclear weapons prepared for increased readiness to launch, raising the threat that the tensions could boil over into nuclear warfare. In giving it, the Russian leader also cited hard-hitting financial sanctions imposed by the West against Russia, including Putin himself.

Speaking at a meeting with his top officials, Putin directed the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military’s General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty.”

“Western countries aren’t only taking unfriendly actions against our country in the economic sphere, but top officials from leading NATO members made aggressive statements regarding our country,” Putin said in televised comments.

13 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

If that chic is there with Goodman then that sounds like the plan. Kill Goodman the minute you get there and F the crap out of that chic.

Lol

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

JustinCharge isn't going into a bunker unless his nurse is going in with him to change his diaper hourly

Maybe he can join you in your bunker when TRUMP next hurts your feelings.  :cry:

• Haha 1

Putin looks like he had a plan. Too bad the west didn’t. 

Here is the US response to this:

Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the United States’ ambassador to the United Nations, told NBC News’ Meet the Press on Sunday morning that “President Putin is continuing to escalate this war in a manner that is totally unacceptable.”

.  Its "unacceptable".  THAT will fix this.  

nbcnews.com/news/world/putin-orders-nuclear-deterrent-forces-high-alert-tensions-build-ukrain-rcna17853

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

JustinCharge isn't going into a bunker unless his nurse is going in with him to change his diaper hourly

jesus all the bots can do is crack jokes.  

15 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

just tell us that you aren't this dude.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/murder-suspect-talked-of-building-bunker-mom-says

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Ive been texting some friends today saying goodbye and good luck.  I doubt we are alive next week.  

:lol:

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Joshua what have you done?

Solid reference.   I give you credit for that one.    

Just now, Masshole said:

Solid reference.   I give you credit for that one.    

I watch that movie at least a dozen times per Year.  I'm weird.

13 minutes ago, vomit said:

Number of players, zero

I actually find myself referencing the line;  "strange game, the only winning move is not to play" occasionally.     It comes into play at work and in relationships.    We'll be trying to find a way to successfully manage a difficult business problem or a relationship, and I'll note that there is no way to successfully manage that situation and that the best course of action is just to stay out of it entirely.    When I drop the "the only winning move is not to play" line, I'd guesstimate 95% of the people who hear it have no idea what the reference is (or that there is even a reference to it and that I didn't just make it up on the spot).   

I have a very "difficult" older sister who is constantly trying to drag me and my other sister into some BS that will just be drama and cr@p.    I keep reminding my other sister that when we're dealing with the "difficult sister" - the only winning move is not to play.    In all of these years I don't think my sister has any idea that's actually a movie line.   

3 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I actually find myself referencing the line;  "strange game, the only winning move is not to play" occasionally.     It comes into play at work and in relationships.    We'll be trying to find a way to successfully manage a difficult business problem or a relationship, and I'll note that there is no way to successfully manage that situation and that the best course of action is just to stay out of it entirely.    When I drop the "the only winning move is not to play" line, I'd guesstimate 95% of the people who hear it have no idea what the reference is (or that there is even a reference to it and that I didn't just make it up on the spot).   

I have a very "difficult" older sister who is constantly trying to drag me and my other sister into some BS that will just be drama and cr@p.    I keep reminding my other sister that when we're dealing with the "difficult sister" - the only winning move is not to play.    In all of these years, I don't think my sister has any idea that's actually a movie line.   

I often quote lines too and people have no idea, lol.

During times when people are trying to figure something out I'll bust out "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good" and get weird stares.

7 minutes ago, vomit said:

I often quote lines too and people have no idea, lol.

During times when people are trying to figure something out I'll bust out "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good" and get weird stares.

Classic.   I broke out the "I'd piss on a spark plug" line just this past week at work.   

I am not positive but I think that line, while said in the movie, is actually that movie character quoting a line that I think is from WW2.     I could be totally wrong on that.    

russia puts nukes on high alert and then immediately says there may be talks with ukraine.  that feels like he is stalling for time to set up his nuke strike.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

also, it cant be a nuke strike on ukraine since his military is all over the place in there.  that must be a strike on the us and europe.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

this post made me check on bidens public appearances.  biden has not been seen in 2 days. the only things he has done is make a "secure call" to his national security team.  i assume biden is in a bunker right now.

if biden wanted to counter putin putting his nukes on high alert, biden should make a pubic appearance at the white house.

15 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

this post made me check on bidens public appearances.  biden has not been seen in 2 days. the only things he has done is make a "secure call" to his national security team.  i assume biden is in a bunker right now.

He's in Delaware with Jill.   They left Friday night.  

30 minutes ago, Masshole said:

He's in Delaware with Jill.   They left Friday night.  

he needs to make a public appearance immediately.

2 hours ago, vomit said:

Isn't the actual quote:

"Joshua, what are you doing?"

2 hours ago, vomit said:

In War Games, the only winning move is not to play.  Unfortunately, the game has started in real life and we are playing.  

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Sadly the most unbelievable part of his story was the idea that he has friends.

Oh man, what a burn. You really showed him. :lol:

We have more military bases per sqm than any place on erf. The skies are redolent with aircraft and the trains & hiways are filled with military equipment. 

Some info here is about UK warning system, so unless you are in the UK, disregard that.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/211684/world-war-3-ww3-nuclear-attack-how-to-prepare-apocalypse/

Experts recommend you follow the guidelines below to protect yourself, your family and your home - if you believe an attack is imminent.

Build an Emergency Supply Kit, which includes items like non-perishable food, water, a battery-powered or hand-crank radio, extra flashlights and batteries. You may want to prepare a kit for your workplace and a portable kit to keep in your car in case you are told to evacuate.

Make a Family Emergency Plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together and what you will do in case of an emergency.

Find out from officials if any public buildings in your community have been designated as fallout shelters. If none have been designated, make your own list of potential shelters. These places would include basements or the windowless central area of middle floors in high-rise buildings.

What should you have in your survival kit?

It's suggested you go out and buy as many of these items as quickly as possible:

Water filters

Canned goods (stews, fruit, tuna, meats, etc)

Ready-to-eat foods (granola, cheese, protein bars, etc)

Medical kits

Peanut butter

What to do after a nuclear blast?

Although Ukrainian protocol is unclear, it was previously reported that the UK Government was working on a new alert system to prepare Brits for the horror of a nuclear war.

Back in the dark days of the Cold War, the British government developed a “four-minute warning” system to alert the public that the country had come under attack.

The warning system, which was in place from 1953-1992, used air raid sirens, TV bulletins and radio broadcasts to spread the terrifying news but, thankfully, it was never used.

In 2003, the National Attack Warning System (NAWS) was developed, allowing the government to warn the population by phone, radio and TV if we ever come under attack.

Nowadays nuclear bomb alert text messages and social media are the preferred method.

Decay rates of the radioactive fallout are the same for any size nuclear device.

However, the amount of fallout will vary based on the size of the device and its proximity to the ground. Therefore, it might be necessary for those in the areas with highest radiation levels to shelter for up to a month.

The heaviest fallout would be limited to the area at or downwind from the explosion and 80 per cent of the fallout would occur during the first 24 hours.

People in most of the areas that would be affected could be allowed to come out of shelter within a few days and, if necessary, evacuate to unaffected areas.

Keep listening to the radio and television for news about what to do, where to go and places to avoid.

Stay away from damaged areas. Stay away from areas marked "radiation hazard" or "HAZMAT".

Remember that radiation cannot be seen, smelled or otherwise detected by human senses.

Assorted drink mixes, if you have children with you

Multi-vitamins

Iodine solution, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, painkillers

Dried milk

Largest bags of rice, beans, flour, oats, sugar and honey

Gallons of cooking oil

Baking powder & baking soda & spice assortment pack

A manual can opener

Kitchen matches and disposable lighters

Sanitary napkins and diapers, if needed

Flashlights (ideally LED) and portable radios, if you don't already have them

Plenty more batteries, at least three sets, for each of the above

Bottled water (especially if home supplies not secured yet)

Baby wipes

Bleach

Fire extinguisher

Paper or plastic plates/cups/utensils

Cheap plastic hooded rain ponchos

What to do during a nuclear blast?

The following are guidelines for what to do in the event of a nuclear explosion.

Listen for official information via online, radio or TV and follow the instructions provided by emergency response personnel.

If an attack warning is issued, take cover as quickly as you can, below ground if possible, and stay there until instructed to do otherwise.

Find the nearest building, preferably built of brick or concrete, and go inside to avoid any radioactive material outside.

If better shelter, such as a multi-storey building or basement can be reached within a few minutes, go there immediately.

Go as far below ground as possible or in the centre of a tall building. The goal is to put as many walls and as much concrete, brick and soil between you and the radioactive material outside.

Expect to stay inside for at least 24 hours unless told otherwise by authorities.

What to do if you are caught outside during a nuclear blast?

Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you.

Take cover behind anything that might offer protection.

Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit.

Take shelter as soon as you can, even if you are many miles from ground zero where the attack occurred - radioactive fallout can be carried by the winds for hundreds of miles.

If you were outside during or after the blast, get clean as soon as possible, to remove radioactive material that may have settled on your body.

Remove your clothing to keep radioactive material from spreading. Removing the outer layer of clothing can remove up to 90% of radioactive material.

If practical, place your contaminated clothing in a plastic bag and seal or tie the bag.

When possible, take a shower with lots of soap and water to help remove radioactive contamination. Do not scrub or scratch the skin.

Wash your hair with shampoo or soap and water. Do not use conditioner in your hair because it will bind radioactive material to your hair, keeping it from rinsing out easily.

• Haha 1

As a child of the eighties, I take great comfort in knowing that no matter how  close to a nuclear blast, I will be fully protected if I can just jump under a 3-foot desk.