RaiderHaters Revenge

Roe V Wade overturned!!! Leaked, SCOTUS SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

What percentage of women having abortions do think were unaware that they could get pregnant from unprotected sex?

I think there is more to sex education than being aware of how pregnancy happens. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

So if someone was hurting someone very badly, you would walk away because it’s none of your business what someone else does? 

Is that correct? 

I guess now it depends on what state I am in and what the law is there. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

At what point is it a baby?  What about when it's just a clump of cells?

At conception, it's a human baby. At this moment you are just a clump of cells. So no, that's not a valid argument. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I joked earlier but how many options are there?

1. Abstinence

2. Condom

3. The pill

4. Plan B

5. IUD

6. Birth Control shot

7. Vag ring

8. Patch

9. Internal condom

10 Diaphragm

11. Sponge

12 Spermicide

13. Cervical Cap

14. Tracking fertility

15. Pull out

16. Tube tied

17. Vasectomy

Then why are there so many men impregnating women that don't want their babies?

Just now, peenie said:

Then why are there so many men impregnating women that don't want their babies?

Just to be clear most of those options are only for women. As for why men don't want their babies I don't know. But I do know the state will hold men financially responsible whether the father wants them or not. As it should be. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

At conception, it's a human baby. At this moment you are just a clump of cells. So no, that's not a valid argument. 

It's a valid argument for me.  I don't look at it as a human being when it's very early in the pregnancy.  Regardless of what we think on this, I don't have any arguments with it going back to the states.  Women will still have the choice but they may need to travel to do it now.  Maybe this will give them more time to think about what they are doing.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

At what point is it a baby?  What about when it's just a clump of cells?

Heart beat does a baby make.  

4 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I guess now it depends on what state I am in and what the law is there. 

Sad

1, 2, 3, 5-17 are all preventative. 4 is the only option post fertilization. 
Plus, what’s the problem here? So now it’s up to the states to decide what they want to do. Federal government is out of the debate as they should be with most things. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's a valid argument for me.  I don't look at it as a human being when it's very early in the pregnancy.  Regardless of what we think on this, I don't have any arguments with it going back to the states.  Women will still have the choice but they may need to travel to do it now.  Maybe this will give them more time to think about what they are doing.

Again you are just a clump of cells. That clump of cells is a human it can only be a human. it doesn't become a rock or potato (MDC is an exception) it can only become a human. 

18 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Also, the heartbeat at 4 weeks is incredibly primitive, and is mainly two chambers. 4 chambers aren't really formed until about 9 weeks, and prior to then there aren't really specific blood cells or plasma. 

Defining "when life starts" is endless with too many arbitrary points to pick and chose from.

However on a side note, I used to wonder - when do people obtain free will and stop being totally impulsive - like an animal?  Newborns act fully on instinct as do 1 year olds. So when do people become people?

One day I heard a podcast about something called "Theory of Mind".  It's basically when humans understand what's happening in the mind of another - creating the ability to manipulate or predict behavior. It supposedly starts developing around a year and half old and becomes fully developed around the age of 4 to 5. That podcast answered my question - most people become people around the age of 4 having the ability to lie, manipulate/predict others, and control their fate.  Prior to that, they're effectively just animals. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Sad

Nobody here is stopping you from blowing up an abortion clinic, guy. That’s what these arguments do. I came in really 50/50 on the issue and you’re nudging me pro-choice. 

6 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

1, 2, 3, 5-17 are all preventative. 4 is the only option post fertilization. 
Plus, what’s the problem here? So now it’s up to the states to decide what they want to do. Federal government is out of the debate as they should be with most things. 

Perfect so couples have 16 options. Is that not enough?

After our third child and hospital scare with the wife I got a vasectomy so we don't have any more children. Before that, she used birth control. Before my wife I would use condoms. Or the girls were on some form of birth control.

It really isn't that hard to not have a baby. But no the only option they actually want to murder children.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

- most people become people around the age of 4 having the ability to lie, manipulate/predict others, and control their fate.  Prior to that, they're effectively just animals. 

Abortion up to 69 months

42 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So brain function doesn't matter? Just if something/someone has a heart beat? 

Pretty much explains the majority of the posters here I guess. 

I actually was aborted.  But you can't kill me Mom!!!!!

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Perfect so couples have 16 options. Is that not enough?

After our third child and hospital scare with the wife I got a vasectomy so we don't have any children. Before that she used birth control. Before my wife I would use condoms. Or the girls were on some form of birth control.

It really isn't that hard to not have a baby. But no the only option they actually want to murder children.

I had unprotected sex in high school, college and as a young adult. Many times with girls I had just met. I was naive and I wasn’t sure if they were on birth control, but my body was raging with hormones. I sat around a few times waiting for the results of a pregnancy test to learn the path my life would go down. Would I have supported an abortion when I was 16? Probably. Now that I’m a dad, I couldn’t imagine having an abortion, but I’m in a different place in my life. So while I am pro-life now, I think it’s hypocritical for me to say everyone should be. 

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

I had unprotected sex in high school, college and as a young adult. Many times with girls I had just met. I was naive and I wasn’t sure if they were on birth control, but my body was raging with hormones. I sat around a few times waiting for the results of a pregnancy test to learn the path my life would go down. Would I have supported an abortion when I was 16? Probably. Now that I’m a dad, I couldn’t imagine having an abortion, but I’m in a different place in my life. So while I am pro-life now, I think it’s hypocritical for me to say everyone should be. 

You say you were naive so you probably didn't receive the proper education. That doesn't make you a hypocrite it makes you wiser. 

14 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Defining "when life starts" is endless with too many arbitrary points to pick and chose from.

However on a side note, I used to wonder - when do people obtain free will and stop being totally impulsive - like an animal?  Newborns act fully on instinct as do 1 year olds. So when do people become people?

One day I heard a podcast about something called "Theory of Mind".  It's basically when humans understand what's happening in the mind of another - creating the ability to manipulate or predict behavior. It supposedly starts developing around a year and half old and becomes fully developed around the age of 4 to 5. That podcast answered my question - most people become people around the age of 4 having the ability to lie, manipulate/predict others, and control their fate.  Prior to that, they're effectively just animals. 

How does one have control of their fate? 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

How does one have control of their fate? 

One can step out in front of a truck and die. Or not. 

One can kill their kids.  Or not. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Nobody here is stopping you from blowing up an abortion clinic, guy. That’s what these arguments do. I came in really 50/50 on the issue and you’re nudging me pro-choice. 

Lol and you said earlier that you don’t care about other people’s business. You seem very easily persuaded, when you be related to D Brees, you seem very happy being on the fence about this issue, and probably everything else in your life, so you can’t be taken seriously.  

Just now, Utilit99 said:

One can step out in front of a truck and die. Or not. 

One can kill their kids.  Or not. 

Yeah I guess , but if one doesn’t take their own life, how do they have control of their own fate? 

Lol and you said earlier that you don’t care about other people’s business. You seem very easily persuaded, when you be related to D Brees, you seem very happy being on the fence about this issue, and probably everything else in your life, so you can’t be taken seriously.  

:blink:

• Like 1

Yeah I guess , but if one doesn’t take their own life, how do they have control of their own fate? 

They have choices in life. 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ha. You lunatic. You’re going to try and apply my view on abortion to everything else in my life? Good luck with your ongoing battle. And yes, please don’t take me serious on abortion. I just don’t care enough. 
Have a good weekend. 

Always remember biden's most important moment in his life that happened today...

"Trump!!!! :cry:"

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, TimHauck said:

Wasn't there discussion earlier in this thread that this ruling could also lead to trying to send issues such as same sex marriage back to the states as well?  And surely there may be some that would ban it.  Another reason this could have a big national impact...

On 5/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, jerryskids said:

I believe you are referring to the Obergefell decision where SCOTUS decided that same-sex marriage is a protected right?  If so, in the draft, Alito specifically referenced that and said it is different and not associated with this decision.  :thumbsup: 

On 5/10/2022 at 11:56 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Alito can that all he wants in the draft, but if the decision is based on the premise that the 14th Amendment doesn't give rights to privacy, by which Obergefell, the rights to conception, the right to gay sex, the right to interracial marriage all are derived from---there is no stopping a states to sue that those are not protected rights based on this decision. There is no right to privacy and all of the above are not part of the “history and tradition” of the United States, not mentioned in the Constitution and therefore are not rights people can be afforded without an amendment saying otherwise.

And....

In his concurring opinion, Thomas — an appointee of President George H.W. Bush — wrote that the justices “should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell” — referring to three cases having to do with Americans’ fundamental privacy, due process and equal protection rights.

That's contraception, gay sex, and gay marriage.  Personally, I hope the state where he lives decides to make interracial marriage illegal.  

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

So...instead of you logging out, deleting your account, removing your bookmarks, or whatever you need to do to stop coming here....you think that message boards shouldn't allow people to have the ability to speak what they believe because you found it offensive? 

Maxine Waters is implying that black women are the MOST affected...why? Because they get the most abortions? Isn't that offensive as well to other races? Of course not. 

Youre actually kinda based, I had no idea 

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

And....

That's contraception, gay sex, and gay marriage.  Personally, I hope the state where he lives decides to make interracial marriage illegal.  

Concurring opinion, so, one justice?  :dunno: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, and that point was repudiated in the majority opinion.  So, essentially the other 8 justices said no.  BFD.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

He's running the right-wing branch of the court now...stare decris means nothing now.  And ALL the justices during the confirmation said Roe was settled law, and how did that go.  

I'm just going to tag this #mikehonchoright so I can find it quickly in a couple of years when they court hears a case on Obergefell so I can quickly bump it and you can say...'gosh durn it Mike, you were right'

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, and that point was repudiated in the majority opinion.  So, essentially the other 8 justices said no.  BFD.

Like they said during their confirmations that Roe was settled law, precedent on precedent.  Yeah, how'd that work out.

I find this whole thing to be an interesting sociological thought experiment.  Liberals and Leftists view the courts as activist bodies which should enact legislation through jurisprudence, hence people like Waters saying they will protest the decision.  But in the eyes of strict constitutionalists, their protests to them are unwarranted.  Their decision was not that abortion is bad, but rather that it is not for the court to decide.  Their protests should be to their state legislatures to get their voices heard.  Perhaps also federal legislators, as I'm not clear on whether the decision ruled out a federal law.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Like they said during their confirmations that Roe was settled law, precedent on precedent.  Yeah, how'd that work out.

I don't think you understand how the law works.

Just now, Strike said:

He watched Last of the Mohicans, so tread lightly.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, Strike said:

I understand it quite well thank you,  And I understand why THESE justices were picked...and it had very little to do with how the law or the constitution works. 

• Sad 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Dude, don't go there. If any geek has watched as many movies in their life as me, firs, they need to get a life, why are they wasting so much time watching movies.  And second, nope, I don't believe it.

• Sad 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I understand it quite well thank you,  And I understand why THESE justices were picked...and it had very little to do with how the law or the constitution works. 

Then you can articulate how their ruling wasn't based on law, instead of whining about their answers during their confirmation hearings, which never indicated they wouldn't vote to overturn Roe v. Wade. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also, last night I watched Big Trouble in Little Chinatown, but I don't think it has much relevance in this thread.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

All precedent is settled law until it isn't.  I've defended nominees from both sides that get asked stupid questions like those about Roe.

Does Sotomayor or any other activist judge daily violate the oath they took when sworn into office, when they try to enact laws vs. uphold the constitution?

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

:dunno:

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Also, last night I watched Big Trouble in Little Chinatown, but I don't think it has much relevance in this thread.

Little Chinatown?