fandandy

Have you ever come across a band that has been out forever and you "discover" them and love them?

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not a “new”‘discovery but… I always liked Rock n Roll Elvis. All the well known stuff. But inthe last few years I have gotten to love the other Elvis. The country, gospel, and orchestra Elvis. His stuff with the Royal  Philharmonic is incredible. His covers of other classics like You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling and Always On My Mind and so many others are better than the originals. Hard to believe what he did in just  42 years.  We missed out. He was just getting started. Fockin drugs. 

That and a stead diet of fried peanut-butter-and-jelly-bean sammiches covered in gravy and Fruit Loops.

When I was a kid, a much older kid next door gave me all of his original-pressing Elvis singles, and I wore them out. I still have them in a closet.

They're prolly worth something.

55 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Meat Puppets.    I "discovered them" a long time ago.  Been hooked ever since.     In reality, their album "Too High To Die" is really their apex and most of the Meat Puppets songs that are on my playlist are from that one album.  

I bought "Meat Puppets II" when it came out. It's a classic. 

They had a lot of great stuff between that and "Too High To Die." The follow up - "No Joke" - is pretty great, too.

I recently ran across Wolf Alice, which has been around awhile and is huge in Europe.

They rock, and they're fronted by a woman whom I think is one of the most beautiful to ever walk the planet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That and a stead diet of fried peanut-butter-and-jelly-bean sammiches covered in gravy and Fruit Loops.

When I was a kid, a much older kid next door gave me all of his original-pressing Elvis singles, and I wore them out. I still have them in a closet.

They're prolly worth something.

Probably. Check it out. 

31 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I recently ran across Wolf Alice, which has been around awhile and is huge in Europe.

They rock, and they're fronted by a woman whom I think is one of the most beautiful to ever walk the planet.

Nice, I agree, they're good and she's hot.  :wub: 

• Like 1

I’ve become a Jimmy Buffett fan over the last three years. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Hot damn, she really is smokin’ 👅

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Awful

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

#metoo!!!!   Nice bass groove to go with the hot b1tch. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Awful

I'm sure they feel the same way about you.

20 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah, I pretty much run down every video I can find of her. Great band, and she can play guitar.

She's about as close to perfect as I've ever seen in the world.

21 hours ago, Big Guy said:

amazing writer, horrible vocalist

The uniqueness of his voice is so profound, I actually find greatness in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve become a Jimmy Buffett fan over the last three years. 

People b!tch about his "pop" songs like Cheeseburger in Paradise and Pencil Thin Mustache.  But they completely pass over such great songs like The Ballad Of Spider John, California Promises, and Little Miss Magic.

My ultimate favorite ballad of his is Coast Of Marseille.

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

much like I felt about Quincy Carter lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Big Guy said:

much like I felt about Quincy Carter lol

Ha, that dude was at least entertaining for sure. 

• Like 1

I didn't listen to the Eagles until like 2010, my favorite band of all time now

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, fandandy said:

Coldplay to me is like, wtf?  How did I miss these guys?  I am totally digging them lately.

You?

No.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

No.

Hell no. 

Both Led Zeppelin & Deep Purple have been around most of my life and I've only just begun to discover and appreciate them.

Especially Robert Plant & Ian Gillan

12 hours ago, Cruzer said:

if you've never heard this, you might enjoy...

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Ian Gillan

But there was no tequila

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed to admit this, since they are my favorite band ever now and I pimp them on this bored often... but Tool.  I was in my twenties in the 90s and often listened to (or at least was aware of) those kinds of bands:  Soundgarden, Rage, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice, NIN, Pearl Jam, whatever.  But somehow music from Tool never made it to the radio stations (remember those?!) I listened to.  Fast forward to about 6 years ago, I was at our gym and a song I came later to know as 46 and 2 from Tool came on; I made a mental note that I maybe recognized it and really liked it.  Some time after @SUXBNMEposted a video of that young girl drummer that he likes for her... hand skills, allegedly, anyway she played this song really well and I thought "Tool, yeah, I've heard of them, this song is awesome, I wonder what else they do?"  And I went all in like Barney sipping his first beer:

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Awful

I’m no music connoisseur but yeah, not impressed 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m no music connoisseur but yeah, not impressed 

Amazing what horned up old men will look past when there’s a hot chick involved. 

On 5/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, TimHauck said:

I had never heard of All That Remains until a few years ago but I thought they were pretty good (not really the screamy stuff though)

Darn was definitely expecting some “you have horrible music taste” comments from this.

Apparently this song has 80 something million views but I had never heard of these guys until a few years ago.

Also forgot I guess there was some conspiracy where the drummer died and a lot of the fans thought his wife did it or something

11 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Both Led Zeppelin & Deep Purple have been around most of my life and I've only just begun to discover and appreciate them.

Especially Robert Plant & Ian Gillan

Some of my favorite stuff is their live albums and bootlegs. Zeppelin in particular was ridiculous live.

8 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Some of my favorite stuff is their live albums and bootlegs. Zeppelin in particular was rediculous live.

Ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ridiculous 

Fixored.

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I'm embarrassed to admit this, since they are my favorite band ever now and I pimp them on this bored often... but Tool.  I was in my twenties in the 90s and often listened to (or at least was aware of) those kinds of bands:  Soundgarden, Rage, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice, NIN, Pearl Jam, whatever.  But somehow music from Tool never made it to the radio stations (remember those?!) I listened to.  Fast forward to about 6 years ago, I was at our gym and a song I came later to know as 46 and 2 from Tool came on; I made a mental note that I maybe recognized it and really liked it.  Some time after @SUXBNMEposted a video of that young girl drummer that he likes for her... hand skills, allegedly, anyway she played this song really well and I thought "Tool, yeah, I've heard of them, this song is awesome, I wonder what else they do?"  And I went all in like Barney sipping his first beer:

Spiral out Jerry. :headbanger:

10 hours ago, Big Guy said:

if you've never heard this, you might enjoy...

Dude, big Bowie fan. Got to see him twice back in the day. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dude, big Bowie fan. Got to see him twice back in the day. 

you I'm guessing you know this song :)

I've been a fan since Ziggy came out and he's always been my fave.....yet I never did see him live.

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

you I'm guessing you know this song :)

I've been a fan since Ziggy came out and he's always been my fave.....yet I never did see him live.

I have a good friend who grew up in London in the 60s. He saw all the great English rock bands play small bars before they hit it big. He saw  Bowie many,  many times and is his favorite still. He told me one weekend he saw John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers when Clapton was the guitar player two nights in a row in a place that held under a 100 people.

I was a member of the Bluesbreakers.

Who?

We played with John Mayall.

Who?

Fock you.  A hundred people know what I am talking about...