KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, they are supposed to be locked around here. They start the day locked. They don’t end up that way. “It’s such a nice day, let’s eat outside “. Boom, door gets blocked open. But the main entrance is the problem. Like I said, parents in and out all day. I saw one parent bring McDonald’s in to school for the kid. Think she had an appointment for that? Another one brought her kids musical instrument in every day so precious didn’t have to carry it on the bus. Smelly sneakers dropped off, not even in a bag. Just handed them to the front desk, who has to now bring them to the office and they tell the kid to come get them. 

How about we spend a fraction of the money that could be spent turning our schools into impenetrable fortresses and use the money instead to tighten gun laws and improve mental health treatment in a country being made toxic by influencial extremists? Get to the root of the problem. An 18-year-old mentally disturbed kid who can get a gun and wants to kill someone will find another way to do it if he can't get into a school. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Utlilit99 character as he is a one trick pony most times, sorry but its true.  However it is fair to mention that as horrible as these crazy school or business mass shootings are, they are only a small fraction of overall murder, especially compared to inner city murder in the country.  I realize the optics of a mass shooting is greater than the daily killing of young men every day but I do think its appropriate to step back and have general perspective of statistics and well, math over feelings.  It's as if we don't care about some lives and do more so than others.  It's a fair point.  

KSB character. :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

How about we spend a fraction of the money that could be spent turning our schools into impenetrable fortresses and use the money instead to tighten gun laws and improve mental health treatment in a country being made toxic by influencial extremists? Get to the root of the problem. An 18-year-old mentally disturbed kid who can get a gun and wants to kill some will find another way to do it if he can't get into a school. 

Nobody said that.  That's why even though some of the rest of your post can be agreed upon nobody will take you seriously because you lie. 

Also to your exact point and I quote "An 18 year old mentally disturbed kid who CANT get a gun and wants to kill somebody will find another way."  Can you say a homemade bomb, illegal gun, maybe light a school bus on fire?  

I'm just saying lets stop with the lying and understand this issue is hard, there is no one answer. 

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm not a huge fan of Utlilit99 character as he is a one trick pony most times, sorry but its true.  However it is fair to mention that as horrible as these crazy school or business mass shootings are, they are only a small fraction of overall murder, especially compared to inner city murder in the country.  I realize the optics of a mass shooting is greater than the daily killing of young men every day but I do think its appropriate to step back and have general perspective of statistics and well, math over feelings.  It's as if we don't care about some lives and do more so than others.  It's a fair point.  

Just to add to this.

This is a good time to bring up this question.

Why are kids getting killed worse than adults getting killed on an emotional level?

Many adults have actually gone through half their lives and have proven themselves in society. They work hard and provide quality human traits that keep society functioning and to some point stable. Where as kids have proven nothing when they are in grade school. They are dependent.

Ok. That is a philosophic question. Emotions get stirred up when there are kids getting killed. I get it. 

But I ask you what I asked TimHauck. Would you feel any more or any less affected if your kid was killed vs. your wife, siblings, parents? 

Personally I wouldn't. They are all equal to me. So if you feel the same way, why always when kids get killed, vs. adults, do people feel more sympathy? 

And just add, not every adult can defend themselves from randomly being killed by texting drivers, gun shots, brutal beatings, etc. So in essence, they are just as defenseless as kids. Maybe even more so because kids normally have others looking over them and looking out for their safety. 

• Confused 1

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Nobody said that.  That's why even though some of the rest of your post can be agreed upon nobody will take you seriously because you lie. 

Also to your exact point and I quote "An 18 year old mentally disturbed kid who CANT get a gun and wants to kill somebody will find another way.  Can you say a homemade bomb, illegal gun, maybe light a school bus on fire?  

I'm just saying lets stop with the lying and understand this issue is hard, there is no one answer. 

I'd say in the pie chart of school killings that homemade bombs and bus fires would be slivers compared to the real estate that gun shootings would inhabit.

Prove me wrong. 

The root of the issue isn't security; it's those who threaten that security. 

Address the root.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just to add to this.

This is a good time to bring up this question.

Why are kids getting killed worse than adults on an emotional level?

Many adults have actually gone through half their lives and have proven themselves in society. They work hard and provide quality human traits that keep society functioning and to some point stable. Where as kids have proven nothing when they are in grade school. They are dependent.

Ok. That is a philosophic question. Emotions get stirred up when there are kids getting killed. I get it. 

But I ask you what I asked TimHauck. Would you feel any more or any less affected if your kid was killed vs. your wife, siblings, parents? 

Personally I wouldn't. So if you feel the same way, why always when kids get killed, vs. adults, do people feel more sympathy? 

And just add, not every adult can defend themselves from randomly being killed by texting drivers, gun shots, brutal beatings, etc. So in essence, they are just as defenseless as kids. Maybe even more so because kids normally have adults looking over them. 

What a piece of sh!t

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What a piece of sh!t

So you would be much more sad if you kid got killed than if your wife or your mother or brother or best friend got killed? 

Not me. It would be equal.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's random. Kids get shot all the focking time there. Does it matter? 

Do you ever value your kid more than you value your wife or your parents? Or are they equal value to you in life? 

I value my kids over my parents.  Pretty sure most normal people do.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So you would much sadder if you kid got killed than if your wife or your mother or brother or best friend got killed? 

Obviously, except for wife.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I value my family equally and you call me a piece of shlt for it. Nice. Great take on your loved ones. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'd say in the pie chart of school killings that homemade bombs and bus fires would be slivers compared to the real estate that gun shootings would inhabit.

Prove me wrong. 

The root of the issue isn't security; it's those who threaten that security. 

Address the root.

Of course, my point is if you suddenly made guns illegal that pie chart would simply change but people would still die, because the ROOT ISSUE is the mental illness or more so how and why and what drives that mental illness and for them to act upon it.    And I agree a mentally unstable 18 year old shouldn't have easy access to a firearm.....there should be a thorough investigation of how that happened.  

Also I think its weird that I have to access my office with a key fob but that same security isn't as robust at a school.  For some reason you took that logical stance and turned it into making schools like prisons or Fort Knox.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's random. Kids get shot all the focking time there. Does it matter? 

Do you ever value your kid more than you value your wife or your parents? Or are they equal value to you in life? 

Generally speaking, yes kids are more “valuable” than adults.  Haven’t you heard the term “life years lost”?

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Of course, my point is if you suddenly made guns illegal that pie chart would simply change but people would still die, because the ROOT ISSUE is the mental illness or more so how and why and what drives that mental illness and for them to act upon it.   

Like bullying?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Generally speaking, yes kids are more “valuable” than adults.  Haven’t you heard the term “life years lost”?

I agree with this.  Both me and my wife would give our lives for our kids.  However y'all get into some weird tangent arguments.  To Utility's point in the inner city kids from 14 to 20 are killed at alarming rates.  Nobody seems to care though.....I get his overall point. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Like bullying?

One of many aspects maybe, sure.  :dunno:

28 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

How about we spend a fraction of the money that could be spent turning our schools into impenetrable fortresses and use the money instead to tighten gun laws and improve mental health treatment in a country being made toxic by influencial extremists? Get to the root of the problem. An 18-year-old mentally disturbed kid who can get a gun and wants to kill someone will find another way to do it if he can't get into a school. 

I’ve been taking about mental health issues way before  this. We are at the point where we can provide safe, humane and caring mental health facilities. With technology and common sense the days of the brutal mental institution are easily avoidable. Cameras in all areas, 24 hour visitation for families, trained and vetted staff. It can be done. But you have to have judges willing to send people to them. I have a family member who has been in and out of what we have for mental health facilities.  He goes for a little while, and then they have no choice but to let him go. I could tell stories about sitting with him in the psych emergency room and next thing I know he’s being discharged. He’s a frequent visitor to the local psych emergency room. When does it become enough? Not yet. If he didn’t have a family that won’t give up he would be homeless. He needs to be in an institution. But he doesn’t commit crimes. Yet. Then they can send him away. The system is broken. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Have you ever heard the term "experience matters"? Is your 5 year old going to be able to protect the country without adults teaching him? Same for everything else. 

Plus I think productive, quality adults deserve to live out their lives as they have earned it. 

All that said, I value my family equally. I see you don't value yours in the same way. At least you are honest. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Have you ever heard the term "experience matters"? Is your 5 year old going to be able to protect the country without adults teaching him? Same for everything else. 

Plus I think productive, quality adults deserve to live out their lives as they have earned it. 

All that said, I value my family equally. I see you don't value yours in the same way. At least you are honest. 

Come on man. Gross.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Come on man. Gross.

He just spews stuff to get his post numbers up, he's a harmless little guy.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Come on man. Gross.

Me: "I value my family equally"

ksb: "Gross."

:doh:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I agree with this.  Both me and my wife would give our lives for our kids.  However y'all get into some weird tangent arguments.  To Utility's point in the inner city kids from 14 to 20 are killed at alarming rates.  Nobody seems to care though.....I get his overall point. 

I agree it is sad what’s happening in the inner cities.  But despite being young, many of those victims aren’t exactly innocent.  Although maybe if they had been born into a different situation (or maybe, not born at all, but I digress) things would have turned out differently.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

He's a disgusting piece of sh!t

Because you don't value anyone in your family. Go figure.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I agree it is sad what’s happening in the inner cities.  But despite being young, many of those victims aren’t exactly innocent.  Although maybe if they had been born into a different situation (or maybe, not born at all, but I digress) things would have turned out differently.

This is kinda gross too.  

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Someone breaks in your house and has a gun to your head and says “your wife or your kid”…which do you choose?  You can’t say yourself, or that you would shoot the intruder first.

Because you don't value anyone in your family. Go figure.

You obviously don't have any kids

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Someone breaks in your house and has a gun to your head and says “your wife or your kid”…which do you choose?  You can’t say yourself, or that you would shoot the intruder first.

I'm not choosing either. I'm not going to be responsible for either one's death. If I have no say in someone dying or living, I have no say. It's someone else's murder, not mine. I stand up for both equally.

Some of yall get way to distracted by one poster.  Can we get back on topic?

• Like 1

I'm not choosing either. I'm not going to be responsible for either one's death. If I have no say in someone dying, I have no say. It's someone else's murder, not mine. 

So you would rather they both die?

Just now, TimHauck said:

So you would rather they both die?

I'm refusing to pick and choose who dies in my family at the hands of a murderer. I'll fight back first even at gun point. 

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well yes, if the person was the last adult in the world, then they’d be more valuable than a kid.

26 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

oh i dunno about that one.  there are plenty of kids that get neglected by their parents.  Hell, until records were vigilantly kept, parents would sometimes just abandon their family and move to a new town hundreds of miles away.  

Just now, JustinCharge said:

oh i dunno about that one.  there are plenty of kids that get neglected by their parents.

Normal.people

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Normal.people

my estimation is 90% of people are asholes with no regard for anyone.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

oh i dunno about that one.  there are plenty of kids that get neglected by their parents.

Like the crazy lady telling her 5 year old boy to go wear a dress to school.  Maybe that's what happened to pedo and that's why he would prefer his parents get shot in their heads. Interesting. 

i mean hell, the Bible teaches how people are.  It is filled with story after story where:

1.  god sends a prophet or his son to tell people right from wrong.

2. the public is totally aholes about it, laugh at him, mock him, drive him society

3. God then smites the entire civilization and razes it to the ground.

That story repeats over and over.  The Bible itself says people suck.  God just keeps forgiving them.  Normal people probably dont care much about their kids.

The BIble is a guide on how to live correctly.  But it also tells you, in the end, the human race is going to hate you for telling them how, screw the planet all up and destroy themselves.  Your job as a Christian is not to prevent them from doing it.  Your job is just to save as many souls as you can.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

im just saying,  the BIble itself tells you people are focking awful.  you cant win.  you cant break even.  you cant get out of the game.

Jesus did OK. 

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

im just saying,  the BIble itself tells you people are focking awful.  you cant win.  you cant break even.  you cant get out of the game.

Everyone knows it. Some just pretend they are good people by their fake shock and awe at daily occurances. Well, depending on who wrote the story.