Grounds ginger or cloves

cilantro, chives, or oregano

Jesus christ, the Donner party had better chefs than you. 🤨

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Oh man, I'ma FKing END you! 🤬

Come at me bro

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Come at me bro

I'd come on you, but you'd probably think it was bechamel.

Okay, I'll give you one, only because I'm eating it right now. Have a buddy Cooks at a bar literally connected to one of the places that I help out at. He does more with a f****** hot plate then most chefs do with a quarter acre kitchen.

The only thing I asked of him was that no matter what I ordered, drizzle it with chili oil. I f****** hate Cayenne really I do. Cuz all it is is vinegar. Cayenne in and of itself is fine. But it's always mixed with vinegar. 

Chili oil? Is fantastic.

. One of the most overlooked seasonings in this country is white pepper.

It works particularly well in colder entrees. Think, chicken salad, egg salad, any salad really. But do yourself a favor and use that the next time instead of black pepper. Pork, chicken, especially trout. Especially fantastic in dips. Because black pepper is number one usually way dry and over processed and number two, just cloyingly gross.

And the cool thing is? Everybody, and I mean everybody? Says what is that? And almost none of them can figure it out. 

Sure, cracked black pepper has its place. But I almost guarantee that white pepper is the most underrated seasoning in america. And I'd almost guarantee you that you could do really substantial but subtle things with it.

Want to dip your toes in the water? Next time you make a salad, just sprinkle your salad or eggs with a little bit of white pepper. It won't fundamentally change the dish. But I'll guarantee you you'll like it a lot better than if you riddle it with overdried Warehouse version black pepper from costco.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

. One of the most overlooked seasonings in this country is white pepper.

It works particularly well in colder entrees. Think, chicken salad, egg salad, any salad really. But do yourself a favor and use that the next time instead of black pepper. Pork, chicken, especially trout. Especially fantastic in dips. Because black pepper is number one usually way dry and over processed and number two, just cloyingly gross.

And the cool thing is? Everybody, and I mean everybody? Says what is that? And almost none of them can figure it out. 

Sure, cracked black pepper has its place. But I almost guarantee that white pepper is the most underrated seasoning in america. And I'd almost guarantee you that you could do really substantial but subtle things with it.

Want to dip your toes in the water? Next time you make a salad, just sprinkle your salad or eggs with a little bit of white pepper. It won't fundamentally change the dish. But I'll guarantee you you'll like it a lot better than if you riddle it with overdried Warehouse version black pepper from costco.

Love white pepper.  My mom used to put it on my sandwiches.  I have a huge bottle of it...like restaurant kitchen size lol.

• Like 1

Dollar general sells a seasoning called garlic pepper.  Has no salt and is awesome.  I use it in burgers...on steaks..pork, chicken...even scrambled eggs.  Has the best flavor.

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

We go through tons of garlic and ginger. Also basil, oregeno.

And I have to be in the top 1% of Sriracha consumption on earth.

Production of Sriracha hot chili sauce has been suspended until September due to a “severe” chili pepper shortage, Huy Fong Foods, Inc. says.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/food-verify/sriracha-production-suspended-chili-pepper-shortage-huy-fong-foods-mexico-fact-check/536-b02b3274-bc39-490e-83ca-0d66822eb5aa

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Production of Sriracha hot chili sauce has been suspended until September due to a “severe” chili pepper shortage, Huy Fong Foods, Inc. says.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/food-verify/sriracha-production-suspended-chili-pepper-shortage-huy-fong-foods-mexico-fact-check/536-b02b3274-bc39-490e-83ca-0d66822eb5aa

Yep. Saw that. Just got six big bottles delivered today.

May go ahead and order six more.

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep. Saw that. Just got six big bottles delivered today.

May go ahead and order six more.

Here's another option:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235276/how-to-make-homemade-sriracha-sauce/

I can appreciate Sriracha as I am a big fan of hot sauce but it's not my favorite. I normally go for simple jalapenos and/or cayenne pepper to season my dishes. 

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Here's another option:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235276/how-to-make-homemade-sriracha-sauce/

I can appreciate Sriracha as I am a big fan of hot sauce but it's not my favorite. I normally go for simple jalapenos and/or cayenne pepper to season my dishes. 

Having a Filipino wife, I eat a lot of Filipino food, which mostly consists of beef or chicken or pork cooked in some sort of sauce with veggies over rice. Tends to be pretty bland, hence the Sriracha.

I also keep a gallon jug of Frank's red hot on hand for chicken wings and such.

Ginger

also Posh and Baby. :banana:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frank said:

Ginger

also Posh and Baby. :banana:

Racist 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh...

I have always been a huge fan of A1 sauce.

Here, I tried HP, a British version. So much better if you can find it.

I'm a steak purist, and I love A1 sauce. Rarely have it, but I don't put it down in the least. 

I'm going to try the HP version you mentioned just for the hell of it. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm a steak purist, and I love A1 sauce. Rarely have it, but I don't put it down in the least. 

I'm going to try the HP version you mentioned just for the hell of it. 

I use it on other stuff besides steak. Burgers. This weird ground beef on potatoes dish my wife makes.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Having a Filipino wife, I eat a lot of Filipino food, which mostly consists of beef or chicken or pork cooked in some sort of sauce with veggies over rice. Tends to be pretty bland, hence the Sriracha.

I also keep a gallon jug of Frank's red hot on hand for chicken wings and such.

That’s what the soy sauce is for.

I love me some rosemary.  The wife made a rosemary garlic loaf last weekend and it was phenomenal!

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Okay, I'll give you one, only because I'm eating it right now. Have a buddy Cooks at a bar literally connected to one of the places that I help out at. He does more with a f****** hot plate then most chefs do with a quarter acre kitchen.

The only thing I asked of him was that no matter what I ordered, drizzle it with chili oil. I f****** hate Cayenne really I do. Cuz all it is is vinegar. Cayenne in and of itself is fine. But it's always mixed with vinegar. 

Chili oil? Is fantastic.

I bet that chili oil really kicks up the steakums and banquet dinners.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Chili oil is great. Truffle oil can go fock itself.

Chili oil, basil oil, garlic oil are all very good.