Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Prey on Hulu

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If they came out with that movie now there would be a group of people complaining because they think it's woke to have a woman in that role.  Bunch of morons.

Or Kill Bill, T2.  Strong women protagonists?  Ugh how woke, I refuse to watch :retard:

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If they came out with that movie now there would be a group of people complaining because they think it's woke to have a woman in that role.  Bunch of morons.

Not to mention that the original Alien has a trans-character that they never really mention the fact that she's trans during the movie. 😮  

• Confused 1

Haven’t those Wonder Woman movies done very well? I don’t recall anyone complaining about a strong female lead in those 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Haven’t those Wonder Woman movies done very well? I don’t recall anyone complaining about a strong female lead in those 

Of course no one is complaining, that is a well established character.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well so was batgirl, but they cried woke when they cast a non white.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well so was batgirl, but they cried woke when they cast a non white.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah. But I don’t hear anyone complain about developing non traditional characters. I think people get annoyed when it’s changed for diversity. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. But I don’t hear anyone complain about developing non traditional characters. I think people get annoyed when it’s changed for diversity. 

Like having a girl defeat a Predator?  There were people who thought it was pretty ridiculous and complained.  Those same people would think it's ridiculous that a woman would be able to take down an Alien while all the other men died.

Like having a girl defeat a Predator?  There were people who thought it was pretty ridiculous and complained.  Those same people would think it's ridiculous that a woman would be able to take down an Alien while all the other men died.

Nah. You’re using a few people to brand a side. Shouldn’t do that. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah. You’re using a few people to brand a side. Shouldn’t do that. 

How am I branding a side?  What side?

It’s like this: The kids shows my daughter watches have casts that are very diverse, some all minority. No issue. But if they did a remake of Punky Brewster with a black lead/cast that would annoy me. Because  I hate pandering.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s like this: The kids shows my daughter watches have casts that are very diverse, some all minority. No issue. But if they did a remake of Punky Brewster with a black lead/cast that would annoy me. Because  I hate pandering.  

Sadly, I feel this way about some movies. 

I don't like how they remade Annie, but I grew up with the red haired little girl. I also don't care for remakes like Footloose, I haven't seen that one either. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Sadly, I feel this way about some movies. 

I don't like how they remade Annie, but I grew up with the red haired little girl. I also don't care for remakes like Footloose, I haven't seen that one either. 

I think that’s what annoys people the most. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think that’s what annoys people the most. 

Probably not a fan of the black Wonder Years show?

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

He’s a pedo and a rat now 

im so sick of all the name calling in this place .... wait thats not vomit thats utilt.   i get these losers confused. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Probably not a fan of the black Wonder Years show?

I wouldn’t have watched it anyway, but that would annoy me on two fronts. Don’t mess with an original that was good, and don’t pander. I’m also against them remaking Roadhouse. Won’t watch.  

Haven't seen it but let me guess.

Girl is super good at everything she does

Men try and keep her down

Predator kills everyone but her because she gets away

She's the super bestes at stuff and kills the predator all by herself.

Bonus: since it takes place in the 1800s they have to have evil white men doing evil things.

Am I close?

Has Vyse seen it yet?

Just read there already prepping a prequel sequel to The prequel.

Apparently, long before that, an alien ship crashed in the Arctic, but due to global warming, the spaceship was freed and the creatures warmed back to life - to start their overdue hunt. 

The working title is

Thaws and Preyers.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So I guess in order to get a ticket to this movie, you have to have reservations?

Hulu? Never mind, I got it. Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So I guess in order to get a ticket to this movie, you have to have reservations?

If you don’t get reservations you might be able to get tickets from a scalper. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If you don’t get reservations you might be able to get tickets from a scalper. 

How.😐🪶

Watched last night, 2nd best after the original.  Anyone of you putting behind the 2nd one haven't seen the 2nd one since you became adults, that movie is just bad.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Watched last night, 2nd best after the original.  Anyone of you putting behind the 2nd one haven't seen the 2nd one since you became adults, that movie is just bad.

I watched the 2nd movie right after I watched Prey.  For some reason I really like it.

I watched the 2nd movie right after I watched Prey.  For some reason I really like it.

I like a lot of movies that are bad, liking them though doesn't change the fact, they aren't good.  Glad you enjoy it---I'm a big fan of the series and I'm thrilled someone made a great Predator movie again so we might get more good ones.

Watched yesterday, enjoyed it. It's solid and didn't seem woke, it's worth a watch. Hopefully Hollywood gets back to simply making solid movies. Nobody wants to be preached to by immoral hypocrites. We just want to be entertained for 2 hours.

Predator 2 is unwatchable but, the one with Adrian Brody was pretty decent. This reminded me of that one.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Watched yesterday, enjoyed it. It's solid and didn't seem woke, it's worth a watch. Hopefully Hollywood gets back to simply making solid movies. Nobody wants to be preached to by immoral hypocrites. We just want to be entertained for 2 hours.

Predator 2 is unwatchable but, the one with Adrian Brody was pretty decent. This reminded me of that one.

Agree---very basic formula, here are some people, get to know the people, now predators kill the people.  Rinse & repeat. 

I really enjoyed it.  Being 200-300 years earlier than the other movies, the Predators probably didn't have all the technological advances yet either.  And the tribe were amazing hunters also. It all worked for me. 

Can anybody who’s seen this say whether it’s appropriate for a 10 y/o?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Digby saw it so, yes?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, MDC said:

I don't recall any vulgar language or nudity.  Mostly just violence and some gore.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:44 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't recall any vulgar language or nudity.  Mostly just violence and some gore.

Watched it with my son. It was surprisingly good. Liked the characters, get a ton of Predator on screen, some really suspenseful scenes and a lot of fun. My only complaint would be a little dodgy CGI but it didn’t ruin the film.

It was violent but the tone was so fun and cartoonish I didn’t worry about it. My kid loved it and wants to watch the original tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, MDC said:

Watched it with my son. It was surprisingly good. Liked the characters, get a ton of Predator on screen, some really suspenseful scenes and a lot of fun. My only complaint would be a little dodgy CGI but it didn’t ruin the film.

It was violent but the tone was so fun and cartoonish I didn’t worry about it. My kid loved it and wants to watch the original tomorrow. 

I watched it a few days ago. It was really good man. Glad you and your kid enjoyed it. My dad and I used to do the same thing with the other Predator movies when I was a little boy

22 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

I watched it a few days ago. It was really good man. Glad you and your kid enjoyed it. My dad and I used to do the same thing with the other Predator movies when I was a little boy

He’s psyched to watch Predator now and asked about the Alien movies. Hopefully in a year or 2 I can sell him on Commando. 

• Haha 1

Just watched it.  Not bad at all.  Nice cinematography and production value. 

Did anyone else think main Injun gal looked a bit like Aubrey Plaza?

Also best character was the dog.  He kicked ass.  Who's a good boy? 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:22 AM, MDC said:

He’s psyched to watch Predator now and asked about the Alien movies. Hopefully in a year or 2 I can sell him on Commando. 

It's fun to watch classic movies with your kids as they get older.

When I watched Caddyshack with my kids they both finally understood why I often say "you'll get nothing and like it!" 

On 8/31/2022 at 9:22 AM, MDC said:

The comic books as well as regular novels are excellent.