Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Football

7 wins is better than 0 win seasons

Rinse Repeat vs Purdue.

Finally a real test and game worth watching next week at Penn State

This sucks for the Dukes...

James Madison DE Jalen Green, nation's leader in sacks and tackles for loss, out for season with injury

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/james-madison-de-jalen-green-nations-leader-in-sacks-and-tackles-for-loss-out-for-season-with-injury/

James Madison announced Monday that senior defensive end Jalen Green will miss the rest of the season with an undisclosed injury. Green, a 6-foot-1, 245-pounder from Baltimore, Maryland, suffered the injury after tallying four tackles during Saturday's 42-14 win over Georgia State. Green leads the nation in both tackles for loss (21) and sacks (15.5). 

Green notched 2.5 sacks and three tackles for loss during the Dukes' previous game at Old Dominion, a performance which earned him National Defensive Player of the Week honors by the Walter Camp Foundation. With those 2.5 sacks, he set the Sun Belt single-season sack record previously held by Troy's Jonathan Massaquoi (13.5). He notched five sacks in the October 19 win over Marshall.

His impressive showing prior to injury has also served as a point of controversy. James Madison is only in its second season at the FBS level and still in the NCAA's transition period, so Green's stats are not counted in the NCAA's statistical database. Coach Curt Cignetti sounded off on that earlier this year. 

The news that Green will miss the remainder of the season is massive blow to a Dukes team that is in the midst of a magical season. They sit at 9-0 (6-0 Sun Belt) and are ranked No. 21 in the most recent AP Top 25 with games against UConn, Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina left on the schedule. Because they're still in the aforementioned transition period, however, the Dukes are ineligible for the Sun Belt Conference Championship Game and postseason bowl games. 

Cignetti spoke with College Sports Sunday on SiriusXM about the possibility of the NCAA granting his team a waiver before the end of the regular season.

"We're about championships here," he said. "We want to play in the conference championship. Our sights are set higher than a bowl game. I also believe that we should be a part of the College Football Playoff Rankings. I'm not saying that we should be in the top four or anything like that, but we should be in those rankings. Why shouldn't we be?"

James Madison will host UConn Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. ET.

So, the NCAA came sniffing around Ann Arbor again and Jim Harbaugh got suspended again.

The first time was bullsh*t about giving kids hamburgers because of bullsh*t rules in place for COVID. Fock off. This time though they were caught stealing signs which is real a scandal that ought to have legs. I don't know if "all schools do it" and UM just got caught because the other B1G schools complained, or if they're the only ones who do it and are focking d0uchebags.

What makes this scandal particularly pathetic is that they've played nobodies all year. Cheating against Penn State or Ohio State would be horrible ... why you even feel a need to cheat against UNLV or Indiana is focking incomprehensible. There's a mosquito over there, this flyswatter and long sleeve sweatshirt isn't enough, no, we need mustard gas cannisters.

It pisses me off and is embarrassing.

So Harbaugh gets a three game suspension. A partial suspension. It keeps him off the sideline during game time on Saturday but the other 6 and 9/10 days of the week he's training, coaching, making game plans. He might even be allowed in the booth (or not. I'm not sure.) Anyway, I think that's fine. Great. If we beat Penn State and Ohio State, then we're paid in full and still allowed to fight for the national title. It's not like we're being kicked out of the college football playoffs, which would have been a disaster. But no, we can't admit we did anything wrong. So they're fighting this. Gimme a break. Just deal with it and move on.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

So, the NCAA came sniffing around Ann Arbor again and Jim Harbaugh got suspended again.

The first time was bullsh*t about giving kids hamburgers because of bullsh*t rules in place for COVID. Fock off. This time though they were caught stealing signs which is real a scandal that ought to have legs. I don't know if "all schools do it" and UM just got caught because the other B1G schools complained, or if they're the only ones who do it and are focking d0uchebags.

What makes this scandal particularly pathetic is that they've played nobodies all year. Cheating against Penn State or Ohio State would be horrible ... why you even feel a need to cheat against UNLV or Indiana is focking incomprehensible. There's a mosquito over there, this flyswatter and long sleeve sweatshirt isn't enough, no, we need mustard gas cannisters.

So Harbaugh gets a three game suspension. A partial suspension. It keeps him off the sideline during game time on Saturday but the other 6 and 9/10 days of the week he's training, coaching, making game plans. He might even be allowed in the booth (or not. I'm not sure.) Anyway, I think that's fine. Great. If we beat Penn State and Ohio State, then we're paid in full and still allowed to fight for the national title. It's not like we're being kicked out of the college football playoffs, which would have been a disaster. But no, we can't admit we did anything wrong. So their fighting this. Gimme a break. Just deal with it and move on.

Rutgers, Purdue, and Ohio State accused by Michigan https://news.wosu.org/sports/2023-11-10/michigan-accuses-ohio-state-and-other-big-ten-schools-of-sharing-its-signals

Third string qb in for KU, true freshman Cole Ballard the son of Colts GM Chris Ballard and he isn't playing terrible. 

I'm taking my son to K- State for his first college visit on Monday; he's a junior.   Then we have tickets to the K-State/KU football game next Saturday in Lawrence.   Would be cool to see both KU and K-State win today, which would set that up for a tremendous matchup next week. 

55 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Third string qb in for KU, true freshman Cole Ballard the son of Colts GM Chris Ballard and he isn't playing terrible. 

I'm taking my son to K- State for his first college visit on Monday; he's a junior.   Then we have tickets to the K-State/KU football game next Saturday in Lawrence.   Would be cool to see both KU and K-State win today, which would set that up for a tremendous matchup next week. 

You would let your sone go to K State?  :o :shocking:

Enjoying the Michigan/Penn State game.  Hard to believe this is the 30th year of Penn State in the Big10.  I know because 30 years ago I got married to a Michigan alum; I was a Penn State fan, having grown up in NE PA.  On the last day of our honeymoon, exhausted from traipsing around Disney parks, we went back to our hotel, ordered a pizza, and watched the first ever Michigan/Penn State Big10 game.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Son drove up to Cortland then Ithaca for the annual game (called like Cortaca jug game). 
Anyway Cortland won 38-28 in a great game. He’s happy. I don’t think Cortland punted all game. Also Ithaca first loss at home since 2019. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You would let your sone go to K State?  :o :shocking:

He said he wants to go d1 somewhere but not too far away.   He has a friend at kstate in the band. Dude is no 6 in his class out of about 400.  He said he didn't want to jade his experience in looking by going to ku first.   I'm not about to dictate his future. 

Also this ku game coming down to the wire

Michigan with it's first real win of the season and were the better team. That Penn State TD at the end was utter cheese. That the interception was overturned and the excessive celebration flag stood was particularly ridiculous. Go fock off.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:14 AM, Voltaire said:

So Harbaugh gets a three game suspension. A partial suspension. It keeps him off the sideline during game time on Saturday but the other 6 and 9/10 days of the week he's training, coaching, making game plans. He might even be allowed in the booth (or not. I'm not sure.) Anyway, I think that's fine. Great. If we beat Penn State and Ohio State, then we're paid in full and still allowed to fight for the national title. It's not like we're being kicked out of the college football playoffs, which would have been a disaster. But no, we can't admit we did anything wrong. So they're fighting this. Gimme a break. Just deal with it and move on.

So my co-worker who follows UM really closing this was telling me today that he's hearing that UM is now considering dumping Harbaugh! I'm shocked but he's telling me that Regents are getting very skittish about how this is reflecting on the entire University. This is 180 degrees from earlier in the week, but apparently the information the NCAA shared with UM makes it look worse. Guess we will see what happens. 

On Wisconsin!

The NCAA is a bunch of arseholes...

They need to do the right thing and let JMU bowl...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

So my co-worker who follows UM really closing this was telling me today that he's hearing that UM is now considering dumping Harbaugh! I'm shocked but he's telling me that Regents are getting very skittish about how this is reflecting on the entire University. This is 180 degrees from earlier in the week, but apparently the information the NCAA shared with UM makes it look worse. Guess we will see what happens. 

On Wisconsin!

UM regents don't know WTF they're doing. It might also be that Harbaugh is tired of the sh*t and is looking to go elsewhere. He doesn't think he's done anything wrong and he''ll have missed half the regular season by the time the two scandals are done.

headed to Lawrence for today's game with my son :banana:

The JMU fan base was incredible today on Game Day…. Been hearing about 26,000 there today on the quad…

Let Them Bowl…

Well, now it's Ohio State week, Michigan'll be playing without JIm Harbaugh on the sidelines.

Th only challenge thus far was Penn State. It would have been nice to gage how good the team is by seeing some actual competitive football up until this point, but whatever, until this week they rolled over all the teams they were supposed to roll over.

We've known all along it was a two game season and here's the second game.

Nebraska vs Wisconsin started. 1st quarter. Chubba Purdy is starting for Nebraska for the first time (he's Brock Purdy's younger brother). 

1st drive: Purdy 55 yard touchdown run on what was supposed to be a pass.

2nd drive: Purdy fired a perfect spiral right in the chest of the streaking receiver for 58 yard touchdown! Announcer said: "What a throw!". "A perfect throw, on time, with accuracy, in between defenders, dropped it in there, a missed tackle, and a big play, an explosive play out of the Nebraska passing game."

Nebraska with Purdy might now finally be a complete team. Future is bright.

Kicking azz with a third string walk on

MSU beat Indiana. It's still curious as to how they'll solve their coach problem. Its already hard enough being little brother to UM in the state, I really worry this Mel Tucker fiasco has the potential to tank the team for a generation.

That was fun, although I wish KU would have pulled out the win, obviously.   My son, as a junior really appears set between ku and kstate.  They both have really good engineering programs and i think that's maybe what he is thinking.   He always wants to enroll in an honors program.  Yesterday, he was feeling me out on the ku qb situation and the direction they appear to be headed.  That surprised me a bit, but I guess you are really looking for a solid athletics experience in the 4 years you spend at a school. 

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I guess you are really looking for a solid athletics experience in the 4 years you spend at a school. 

That is a stupid reason to pick a college…

If you're about to enter college and you're a huge fan of KU basketball and KU football that is most definitely a good reason to go to KU to enjoy that experience for 4 years. He could change his major from Engineering to something else as well. For engineering, good luck, I had to switch majors because I couldn't understand the foreign professors, there were no women, and that building smelled of body odor bad, not kidding, 

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

If you're about to enter college and you're a huge fan of KU basketball and KU football that is most definitely a good reason to go to KU to enjoy that experience for 4 years. He could change his major from Engineering to something else as well. For engineering, good luck, I had to switch majors because I couldn't understand the foreign professors, there were no women, and that building smelled of body odor bad, not kidding, 

When was that? I was in architecture '97-'98.  I had a calculus professor that was difficult to understand, but my problem was more that I played n64 and partied and didn't go to class.

This dude i can see being successful wherever he goes.   Smart enough to be in the top 2% of his class but disciplined enough to be as well.   I think his top act as a sophomore was like 26 overall.   He gets up at 4:30 am to go lift weights for baseball when it's fall and baseball is a spring sport. And dedicated enough to get honorable mention as a sophomore in state band competitions.   I wish I had his discipline to be the best version of myself all the time.   And I hope he doesn't ever lose it.   

Then I got to figure out how to make my daughter's always realize they are good enough too when their brother is exactly how we're all supposed to be all the time 😀

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

When was that? I was in architecture '97-'98.  I had a calculus professor that was difficult to understand, but my problem was more that I played n64 and partied and didn't go to class.

This dude i can see being successful wherever he goes.   Smart enough to be in the top 2% of his class but disciplined enough to be as well.   I think his top act as a sophomore was like 26 overall.   He gets up at 4:30 am to go lift weights for baseball when it's fall and baseball is a spring sport. And dedicated enough to get honorable mention as a sophomore in state band competitions.   I wish I had his discipline to be the best version of myself all the time.   And I hope he doesn't ever lose it.   

Then I got to figure out how to make my daughter's always realize they are good enough too when their brother is exactly how we're all supposed to be all the time 😀

I had a B average in my electrical engineering class (I was a perfect A student 7th to 12th grade) and I felt like I wasn't learning anything really and just didn't like it. Anyway it would have been 92-93 at UNL (U of Nebraska) in Lincoln NE. I went on to get a 3.73 gpa in Biological Sciences. I had a great time enjoying Nebraska football games when they were winning every game at home and multiple National Championships. I went to the basketball games too, saw them beat Kansas one year.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

I had a B average in my electrical engineering class (I was a perfect A student 7th to 12th grade) and I felt like I wasn't learning anything really and just didn't like it. Anyway it would have been 92-93 at UNL (U of Nebraska) in Lincoln NE. I went on to get a 3.73 gpa in Biological Sciences. I had a great time enjoying Nebraska football games when they were winning every game at home and multiple National Championships. I went to the basketball games too, saw them beat Kansas one year.

I think you were a freshman with a kid I went to high school with; Mike Rucker

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I think you were a freshman with a kid I went to high school with; Mike Rucker

Yes, I remember the name. I played pool against Tommie Frazier and partner and I beat him and his partner, he wasn't happy, super competitive. Another time we played him in foosball and he beat us. Sat next to Lawrence Phillips in writing class. Never met Mike Rucker though.

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yes, I remember the name. I played pool against Tommie Frazier and partner and I beat him and his partner, he wasn't happy, super competitive. Another time we played him in foosball and he beat us. Sat next to Lawrence Phillips in writing class. Never met Mike Rucker though.

Great dude and family.   Ended up having a great career with the panthers opposite pepper's on the dl.

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Great dude and family.   Ended up having a great career with the panthers opposite pepper's on the dl.

Oh yea, now that you mention it I remember his successful career with Carolina. 👍

22 hours ago, Voltaire said:

MSU beat Indiana. It's still curious as to how they'll solve their coach problem. Its already hard enough being little brother to UM in the state, I really worry this Mel Tucker fiasco has the potential to tank the team for a generation.

Maybe. Big 10 is gonna be very different next year.  Good to see sparty win one tho.

Great job Nebraska, can’t even win 6 games, then you lose to Iowa.  Horrible.   

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

God hates Nebraska.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

I am glad that Nebraska lost, kept them from becoming bowl eligible and get JMU one step closer to maybe going bowling...

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

Horrible. They lost 4 straight games against easy opponents.