TommyGavin

***Happy Football Day Week 5***

🍻

nice start to the week with Hines looking like wiff after 3 plays

i have a mechanical system to predict super bowl champs.  it has always been correct IF it actually picks a team.  but in many years, it does not pick a team and calls for a random champ.  if it says random champ, i may use other methods like healthiest team in the playoffs or other things.

the basic components (without looking under the hood) are:

1.  a franchise QB
2. an elite defense

after 5 weeks, TWO teas have elite super bowl defenses:  the Cowboys and 49ers.  Unfortunately, neither have a franchise QB.  UNLESS Dak Prescott returns and plays very well.

I hate to say it, but my mechanical system thinks this is the best Cowboys team since their super bowl years in the 1990s.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

NFL needs to drop down to 26 teams.  This product sucks. Patriots won 29 to 0 and I was bored to tears.

42 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i have a mechanical system to predict super bowl champs.  it has always been correct IF it actually picks a team.  but in many years, it does not pick a team and calls for a random champ.  if it says random champ, i may use other methods like healthiest team in the playoffs or other things.

1.  a franchise QB
2. an elite defense

after 5 weeks, TWO teas have elite super bowl defenses:  the Cowboys and 49ers.  Unfortunately, neither have a franchise QB.  UNLESS Dak Prescott returns and plays very well.

I hate to say it, but my mechanical system thinks this is the best Cowboys team since their super bowl years in the 1990s.

spot on 

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

1.  a franchise QB
2. an elite defense

The cowboys are trash, they will not be in the super bowl.

Most importantly because there will be no super bowl since we're getting nuked before year end.

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The cowboys are trash, they will not be in the super bowl.

Most importantly because there will be no super bowl since we're getting nuked before year end.

Kneeslap! Oh man, that was a good one! Where do you come up with this stuff? Genius!!

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kneeslap! Oh man, that was a good one! Where do you come up with this stuff? Genius!!

I see you woke up in a great mood this morning.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I see you woke up in a great mood this morning.

I’m good.  Giants won, kids had a good day with sports. Just tired. 

It's nice to see the dregs of the world finally have teams to cheer for. :cheers: 

The Chargers radio broadcast team held a very dim view of Kevin Stefanski.  They were utterly shocked that the Browns kept going empty backfield as they said it was terrifying to face Chubb and Hunt.  At one point, they said "every time the Browns go empty backfield, an angel gets its wings."  I agree.  How do you handcuff yourself like that?  I've heard Stefanski's seat was getting a little warm but after that game, I can see why. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Daboll should definitely be in the conversation for Coach of the Year if NYG can keep this up.

Just now, DonS said:

Daboll should definitely be in the conversation for Coach of the Year if NYG can keep this up.

He's winning with a bunch of practice squad players.  It's truly amazing.  Been a fun year so far.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Congrats......that really surprised me

NFC Beast Baby!

1 hour ago, MDC said:

:pointstosky: 

Sunday Night's game should be lots of fun :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He's winning with a bunch of practice squad players.  It's truly amazing.  Been a fun year so far.

What a revolutionary coaching philosophy:  players that give the team the best chance to win see the field vs. trotting out guys just because of the size of their contracts. 

I am 100% pulling for NYG in the NFC due to the Buffalo/Daboll connection.

Could this be the start of the "McDermott coaching tree" conversation like Belichick, Shanahan, Walsh, etc? 

As a Steelers fan I look forward to watching Pickett develop. 

14 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

As a Steelers fan I look forward to watching Pickett develop. 

He definitely showed promise. Watching the Steelers secondary get ass raped, however, was glorious. :pointstosky:

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

He definitely showed promise. Watching the Steelers secondary get ass raped, however, was glorious. :pointstosky:

My man :cheers:

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Pitt’s secondary should contact hr 

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

Pitt’s secondary should contact hr 

:lol:

Please tell us, in detail, how Josh Allen and Gabe Davis savagely raped your azzholes.

The roughing the passer call on Brady was about the most ridiculous call in the history of footballl........................ and the one against C. Jones just now may be even worse. :doh:

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

The roughing the passer call on Brady was about the most ridiculous call in the history of footballl........................ and now the one against C. Jones just now me be even worse. :doh:

Way worse. The change of possession had already happened,  Carr was actually the tackler.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

The roughing the passer call on Brady was about the most ridiculous call in the history of footballl........................ and now the one against C. Jones just now me be even worse. :doh:

I don't know which was worse but man they were both awful

The NFL continues to degrade its own product.  So much of this stuff is unnecessary.  I blame Goodell the most. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The NFL continues to degrade its own product.  So much of his stuff is unnecessary.  I blame Goodell the most. 

I just don't get why there's not some ref in the booth who overturns all these BS calls. Would be so simple.

• Like 1

Tonight's ref obviously watched the dude who ruled RTP on Brady and said "hold my beer" 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I just don't get why there's not some ref in the booth who overturns all these BS calls. Would be so simple.

Yup. You would think after that nonsense with Brady yesterday they would have some awareness about it. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Tonight's ref obviously watched the dude who ruled RTP on Brady and said "hold my beer" 

Right?! I think this even worse than Bradys

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Right?! I think this even worse than Bradys

No contest.  Brady was gently "thrown" at least.  Carr was simply tackled. 

Never forget that we have Miami and their handling of Tua's "back injury" to blame. :mad: